PDA

View Full Version : More police brutality........

Silcc69
05-15-2009, 12:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyellNfdPE&feature=player_embedded

They really get a kick out of this shit!

BLKGSXR
05-15-2009, 12:29 AM
you mean kick the shit out of him heh heh

dan_drade
05-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Baaaahahahahahaha, that was a funny ass video. I'll be that hurt like fuck. LOL

DaveinBoston
05-15-2009, 07:36 AM
dont steal a car. dont run from the cops. You wont get kicked in the head.

Simple math.

On a side note, how do you know what he did or didnt do prior? He may have been a violent offender that assaulted someone. Dont rush to judge

2009AD
05-15-2009, 07:47 AM

Yea, maybe he should have shot him, you really would have gotten a laugh out of that right? smh.

SarahG
05-15-2009, 07:59 AM

Yea, maybe he should have shot him, you really would have gotten a laugh out of that right? smh.

Probably. It took less than 24 hours for people to respond to the BART shooting, by saying cops are entitled to shoot handcuffed people in detention. The victim might not be wrong, but the victim is never right. :roll:

Try doing that to a POW, you'd be convicted of war crimes. It's sad we'd treat enemies or enemy combatants better then our own citizens... but it's despicable that our own citizens will think it's just a joke.

In the end, you get the government you deserve...

Dino Velvet
05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyellNfdPE&feature=player_embedded

They really get a kick out of this shit...

...almost as much as I enjoy watching it. I've never been kicked in the head by the cops. Oh yeah, I'm not a parolee gang member pulling crazy shit forcing the cops into a high speed pursuit. Fuck him. Go police! Hope he doesn't pull a Rodney King in court and get rich for being a scumbag. Don't even say Rodney King isn't a scumbag.

Jericho
05-15-2009, 08:28 AM
That is truly fucked.
The guy had rolled over.

If you're going to get a kick in the head, you might as well say "fuck it" and go out hard!

You people who think it's funny, you keep yukking it up, but that prick just made it a little bit harder for every cop in the country!

Dino Velvet
05-15-2009, 08:46 AM
that prick just made it a little bit harder for every cop in the country!

Unfortunately, you're probably right there.

2009AD
05-15-2009, 08:47 AM
...almost as much as I enjoy watching it. I've never been kicked in the head by the cops. Oh yeah, I'm not a parolee gang member pulling crazy shit forcing the cops into a high speed pursuit. Fuck him. Go police! Hope he doesn't pull a Rodney King in court and get rich for being a scumbag. Don't even say Rodney King isn't a scumbag.

Well Dino, my fecalphiliac friend, glad you enjoyed watching the kick Now the police are investigating the arresting officer's actions.

California Police Launch Investigation After Officer Allegedly Kicks Suspect in Head After Chase

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Police in El Monte, Calif., are conducting an internal investigation after TV cameras caught an officer apparently kick a suspect in the head following a high-speed car chase Wednesday afternoon.

El Monte Assistant Chief Steve Schuster said the investigation was sparked by phone calls by people who saw the kick in live footage taken from above in by helicopter. The suspect appeared to have surrendered and was lying face down on the ground when he was kicked.

"From our perspective [we] hate to comment until we have more facts. What's in the mind of the officer may not be what's in the mind of the viewer," Schuster said Wednesday. "As soon as we feel we can make a statement based on facts, we'll do that."

The driver of the car was identified as Richard Rodriguez, 23, of El Monte, Calif. He was booked on charges of felony evading, parole violation, obstruction and or delaying a police officer in the performance of his duties and gang enhancement. Rodriguez, a known gang member, was taken to a county jail.

The suspects were allegedly throwing gang signs during the chase, El Monte Lt. Chuck Carlson told FOXNews.com.

He didn't release the name of the officers involved or the two other suspects in custody.

El Monte police Chief Tom Armstrong said he had not yet seen the video and could not comment.

"Before coming to any conclusion, I want to look at all the facts," Armstrong said. "I don't know what was in the mind of the officer."

The chase started at about 1:30 p.m., when El Monte police tried to stop Rodriguez for a traffic violation, state Highway Patrol Officer Jose Nunez told MyFOXLA.com. There were two other men in the car.

The three fled the scene, sending police on a winding chase on freeways and surface streets that ended with a collision in Pico Rivera, MyFOXLA.com reported.

One suspect jumped out of the car and surrendered to police when the car was forced to stop in traffic. Rodriguez sped away, and objects were thrown from the car, according to MyFOXLA.com.

Rodriguez hit an SUV after exiting a freeway, where police apprehended one suspect.

A foot pursuit followed the high-speed car chase that lasted more than 30 minutes and saw the suspect lead a chaotic drive through El Monte, Whittier and other parts of eastern Los Angeles County.

The suspect who was kicked had fled on foot behind a nearby apartment complex. It is unclear if that suspect is Rodriguez.

Two of the suspects were taken to Greater El Monte Community Hospital.

No one was seriously injured, Carlson said.

Sandi Gibbons, a spokeswoman at the Los Angeles County district attorney's office, had not seen the video and did not know if her office would conduct an independent review.

Dino Velvet
05-15-2009, 09:00 AM
I know. I saw it on the NEWS. The cop who kicked the banger in the head might get suspended but the other one with the flashlight might be OK. I just hope a serious criminal doesn't receive a serious payday.

NYTSJulie
05-15-2009, 09:03 AM
please the fool deserved it......he was going the wrong way down the street and put a lot of people in danger

Falrune
05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
I tend to agree with Dino -- this guy -- a parolee-at-large -- endangers many lives with a car chase, and enters a residential area where he could have hurt others. The kick came after an "apparent surrender" -- a surrender usually requires trust on both sides. The guy lost any trust by attempting to flee. Also, surrenders do not need to be accepted -- suppose someone hits your significant other in the face then surrenders when you walk in? Would you accept that surrender? But, I'll withhold judgment in this case.

This was in the LATimes:

El Monte police officer kicks car chase suspect in the head. Is it police brutality?
1:49 PM, May 14, 2009
A car chase through the San Gabriel Valley on Wednesday ended with the suspect, a 23-year-old El Monte resident named Richard Rodriguez, being kicked in the head by an El Monte police officer after he had apparently surrendered and was lying prone on the ground.

Rodriguez was taken to the Greater El Monte Community Hospital due to injury; it was unclear if his injuries were related to the kick or to an earlier car crash, or both. He was a parolee-at-large, according to Lt. Chuck Carlson of the El Monte Police Department, who said the internal affairs department is investigating the incident as to whether excessive force was used by the police.

The ACLU says that's not good enough and called today for the immediate suspension of the officer who kicked Rodriguez, calling his actions an "egregious example of police abuse."

Is the ACLU right? Readers who've commented on the story in LA Now are divided.

Some were of the opinion that Rodriguez earned the kick by starting the trouble. "You start a chase and endanger lives you deserve a kick in the head," Tony wrote.

"That criminal placed the lives of innocent people in danger while in pursuit. What if he had killed a little girl walking down the street? Then, that would be a different reaction huh? Bunch of liberal cry babies here," said reconranger.

Back the Badge added, "Good job officers. Thanks for getting this violent criminal off the streets. If you don't want to get kicked in the head folks, don't act like an animal."

Others disagreed, saying that no matter what Rodriguez may have done, the kick was uncalled for. "It's a sad commentary on the state of our nation when so many here advocate 'street justice' in place of the judicial system. This is not the wild west," Toluca Lake Observer wrote.

"Whether or not the suspect 'deserved' to be kicked is not the point," said Dave T. "Based on the description of his actions during the chase he belongs in prison. BUT, the (theoretical) difference between the good guys and the bad guys is that the good guys are supposed to follow the rules."

"I am not justifying the suspect, but it makes a person better understand why he might have run, aside from the obvious. In a society where we are supposed trust the police, I don't know anyone who does," abcsgs added.

"Nobody ever deserved unjustified violence from a police officer," Oscar wrote.

Johnthebaptist said, "What is supposed to make the USA different from the rest of the world is that we are supposed to be a nation of LAWS. That police behavior on the tape is exactly the type of police behavior that can be seen in a third world country."

Several readers echoed Johnthebaptist's sentiments. Responding to one, Dan Williams wrote, "The USA is based on laws? Oh, yeah? Whatever gave you that idea? We have millions of illegal aliens living here and no one seems to care. We have tax dodgers running the IRS. We have a President who is mostly likely not a native born American and never registered with the Selective Service." Illegal immigration and President Obama's birth certificate: someone's always got to take it there.

And, of course, once we get to illegal immigration and President Obama's birth certificate, can the subject of Nazis be far behind?

"The saddest thing is not only the 'victims side in thes [sic] but even more so the shame and depravity of those committing such abuses," said Larry Robinson. "Truely [sic] those are no better or different IN FACT than the men and women who committed similar atrocities and abuses in the camps of Hitlers [sic] Germany in WW2."

The controversy over this issue is likely to continue in the coming days. Who will be the first commenter to insert communism into the discussion? Stay tuned.

--Lindsay Barnett

BLKGSXR
05-15-2009, 09:05 AM
please the fool deserved it......he was going the wrong way down the street and put a lot of people in danger Couldnt say it better myself....

2009AD
05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
please the fool deserved it......he was going the wrong way down the street and put a lot of people in danger Couldnt say it better myself....

The officer's actions are being investigated, why? Because once a person surrenders, no cop has the right to kick that person in the head. Is that hard to understand?

The parole violator deserves to be arrested, jailed and prosecuted. Does he deserve to be physically assaulted after he gives up? No.

News Flash: Cops are supposed to uphold the law, not break it.

Dino Velvet
05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
please the fool deserved it......he was going the wrong way down the street and put a lot of people in danger

No doubt. He deserved it and then some.

NYTSJulie
05-15-2009, 09:26 AM

The officer's actions are being investigated, why? Because once a person surrenders, no cop has the right to kick that person in the head. Is that hard to understand?

The parole violator deserves to be arrested, jailed and prosecuted. Does he deserve to be physically assaulted after he gives up? No.

I wonder if you would say the same thing if that were your mother, wife or daughter in the car that swerved out of the way?

BLKGSXR
05-15-2009, 09:34 AM
so 09 check this. if some mutherfucker made me run them down. Id give em a kick or TWO fuck probably taze them in mean places just because. heh heh buit thats just me 0_0

2009AD
05-15-2009, 09:36 AM

I wonder if you would say the same thing if that were your mother, wife or daughter in the car that swerved out of the way?

Oh, no in that case, I'd say the cop should repeatedly kick him in the head, beat him with a club, and shoot him in the back... :roll:

What part of THE COP IS NOT JUDGE AND JURY do you not understand? The suspect was on the ground. The cop's only job, at that point, is to arrest him. Are trying to say that cops have a LEGAL right to strike suspects after they've surrendered?

2009AD
05-15-2009, 09:41 AM
so 09 check this. if some mutherfucker made me run them down. Id give em a kick or TWO fuck probably taze them in mean places just because. heh heh buit thats just me 0_0

So you would break the law and assault a suspect after he has surrendered? Gotcha. I'm glad you don't have a gun and a shield.

BLKGSXR
05-15-2009, 09:45 AM

So you would break the law and assault a suspect after he has surrendered? Gotcha. I'm glad you don't have a gun and a shield.well your half right :D, dude you gotta be kidding me, everyone breaks the law without even know it at times. Im serious, not always in the same way but legally going 1mph over the speed limit is deemed illegal (moral no) but illegal. where im going is to be honest if you are dumb enough to break the law on this extent the individual did you deserve a good ass whupping by the chasers. -2cents :2cent

Dino Velvet
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM

So you would break the law and assault a suspect after he has surrendered? Gotcha. I'm glad you don't have a gun and a shield.

I was real close to becoming an LA County Sheriff's Deputy in my early 20s but the Written Psych Test stopped me like a brick wall. The test must have revealed that I had a strange fascination with excrement.

russtafa
05-15-2009, 01:36 PM
he got what he deserved .best not to be a criminal

dan_drade
05-15-2009, 05:36 PM

That wouldnt have been near as funny... Unless he started flopping around like a fish.

Silcc69
05-15-2009, 06:05 PM
-the guy got kicked in the head
-was kneed in the back
-the last cop ended up tapping his shoe and the dog attempted to bite him after that.

Clearly the cops were pissed that they had to run this guy down and he probably would've gotten away had it not been for that big ass wall he would've gotten away.

Legend
05-15-2009, 06:28 PM
The guy deserved it, he was going down the wrong way and could have seriously hurt or killed someone, screw him.

2009AD
05-15-2009, 06:43 PM
All you armchair Dirty Harrys ..... :roll:

fitz207
05-15-2009, 06:49 PM

I was real close to becoming an LA County Sheriff's Deputy in my early 20s but the Written Psych Test stopped me like a brick wall. The test must have revealed that I had a strange fascination with excrement.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Silcc69
05-15-2009, 07:33 PM
The guy deserved it, he was going down the wrong way and could have seriously hurt or killed someone, screw him.

But he didn't he sideswiped a car and that was it.