PDA

View Full Version : Smallville is boring as hell!

Spiderman
10-03-2005, 03:58 AM
I weas thinking this is gonna be a kickass superman series but its very boring dont waste your time watching it! and tom weiling is a boring actor!

Ecstatic
10-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Seeing as it's season five already, you're a little late in that assessment. Personally, I enjoy it. Nice to see James Marsters show up as Brianiac (but what's with the Caucasian look? Brianiac is Coluan--green skinned, and not from Krypton).

Overlord Abomination
10-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Brianiac (but what's with the Caucasian look? Brianiac is Coluan--green skinned, and not from Krypton).

How do you know its brainiac...All i saw was a plane take a shit and this white guy form out of nowhere. I hope it isnt Brainiac, God TV writers fuck everything up.

And I didnt know brainiac wasnt from Krypton, See i got alot of my superman entertainment from the still awesome superman cartoons. But today I learned something. Give urself a pat on the back Ecstatic.

Spiderman
10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Brianiac (but what's with the Caucasian look? Brianiac is Coluan--green skinned, and not from Krypton).

How do you know its brainiac...All i saw was a plane take a shit and this white guy form out of nowhere. I hope it isnt Brainiac, God TV writers fuck everything up.

And I didnt know brainiac wasnt from Krypton, See i got alot of my superman entertainment from the still awesome superman cartoons. But today I learned something. Give urself a pat on the back Ecstatic.

Hate to say it but thats brainiac!

Ecstatic
10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, according to all the previews of the new season that I've seen, it's Brainiac, which (despite the fact that I like Marsters), is unfortunate because of how much it changes the Superman legend. Then again, Supes has been running for 67 years now, and there have been several major revisions of the character along the way, so this is just another interpretation. To its credit, Smallville does make several solid connections to the Christopher Reeve Superman movies.

Back story for those who care: when Brainiac first appeared in the mid-50s, he was a greenskinned living computer in a flying saucer who had been terrorizing the galaxy by shrinking entire cities on the different planets he visited for his collection of shrunken cities, including the Kryptonian city of Kandor. He was planning to add Metropolis to his collection, but was stymied by Superman, and thus became his number two archnemesis after Luthor.

In subsequent years Luthor and Brainiac have teamed up against Superman. Much later it was revealed that he was a renegade from the world of Colu, whose inhabitants are all 5th-level geniuses (i.e., Reed Richards would be merely average in their company). His umpteeneth grandson became Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Super Heroes, set 1000 years in the future, and his grandson (if my chronology is correct, though I'm fuzzy here because I don't follow comics these days like I did as a kid), Dax, is the founder of the L.E.G.I.O.N., an interstellar cops-for-hire organization rivalling the Green Lantern Corps.

Kandor introduced potentially 100s of 1000s of miniature Superman, becoming a continuity liability which was eliminated but later restored in the Superman continuity. Brainiac was also the first great intergalactic super threat, only to be eclipsed in 1965 by the appearance of Galactus in the Fantastic Four.

OK, my geekness has now been revealed in full. :)

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-14-2005, 02:34 AM
kicked ass tonight
gave him his powers back, and he flew again
now the real season begins

TomSelis
10-14-2005, 03:55 AM
Now the question is who's going to die?

My vote is Chloe is going to get it.

hondarobot
10-14-2005, 04:11 AM
Not gonna be Chloe, my bet is Lana.

Superman eventually ends up with Lois Lane. Just makes sense.

And then next week we get. . . Aquaman. I always hated that guy.

Oh well, I'm off to a boring ass party for the night.

hondarobot
10-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Damn, one last thought before I head out. Lana seems too obvious, maybe it's going to be one of his parents, and the other one also kicks it trying to save them. In the comics, whatever happened to the Kents?

Ecstatic probably has this all worked out already. But I gotta go.

:?

TomSelis
10-14-2005, 04:26 AM
It's Chloe, she's not in the comic, never has been. Plus she's his best friend.

Spiderman
10-14-2005, 04:35 AM
It's Chloe, she's not in the comic, never has been. Plus she's his best friend.

Dont forget pete the only black person on the show who they killed off for no reason!!!!

Ecstatic
10-14-2005, 05:00 AM
I agree with Tom Selis, Chloe is the one. She and Lionel Luthor where introduced for the TV show, and having no continuity in the comics (which have a 67 year span) seems the likely candidate. Clark loves her, but as a friend.

It can't be Lana unless they far more drastically rewrite the Superman legend than they have already (not that they haven't bent the legend more than a little out of whack already): Lana continues to be a part of Clark's life to the present; he eventually reveals his secret to her; and, for a time at least in the comics, she was married to Pete Ross (who was not black).

It could be one of the Kents, however, as at different points in the Superman legend (which has gone through at least one major revision every decade) one or both of them have died. When I started reading Superman in the '50s, he was an infant in the '30s and a teenager in the '50s and the Kents were portrayed as much, much older, and they had died by the time he was an adult. But that changed, so it's possibly one of the Kents.

But I think it's Chloe. Besides, can't have too many people knowing your secret identity.

General124
10-14-2005, 07:28 AM

You guys sure? I thought it was General Zod. Has to be with the minnions and the Phantom Zone all in the same show. Has to be Zod.

General124
10-14-2005, 07:30 AM
It could be one of the Kents, however, as at different points in the Superman legend (which has gone through at least one major revision every decade) one or both of them have died. When I started reading Superman in the '50s, he was an infant in the '30s and a teenager in the '50s and the Kents were portrayed as much, much older, and they had died by the time he was an adult. But that changed, so it's possibly one of the Kents.

But I think it's Chloe. Besides, can't have too many people knowing your secret identity.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Jonathon, but I think it's going to be Chloe. Can't have three love interests on one show.

joyboy123
10-14-2005, 08:04 AM

You guys sure? I thought it was General Zod. Has to be with the minnions and the Phantom Zone all in the same show. Has to be Zod.

Hmm... Zod, might have something there, but I doubt it. Its good to see James Marsters working again, he should have been cast as Constantine instead of K. Reeves.

TomSelis
10-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Today on Smallville: AQUAMAN!!

F33r hiz badazz leet swimming ski11z!!!!

kalina
10-21-2005, 02:11 AM

F33r hiz badazz leet swimming ski11z!!!!

I just tuned in... I thought you were joking!!!!

brickcitybrother
10-21-2005, 02:12 AM

F33r hiz badazz leet swimming ski11z!!!!lol

TomSelis
10-21-2005, 02:45 AM
Man...he's like the weakest superhero ever. They should've had the Green Lantern on there.

The girl that plays Lois Lane is hot.

Spiderman
10-21-2005, 03:27 AM
Aquaman this is a fucking joke , now they should bring in the whole justice league maybe wonderwoman,plasticman or the super unique wondertwins(im being sarcastic)seems like the writers are getting desperate, and to be honest in my own opinion this has got too be the worst superman project of all time besides superman 64!

Overlord Abomination
10-21-2005, 03:51 AM
Aquaman this is a fucking joke , now they should bring in the whole justice league maybe wonderwoman,plasticman or the super unique wondertwins(im being sarcastic)seems like the writers are getting desperate, and to be honest in my own opinion this has got too be the worst superman project of all time besides superman 64!

Why it took 4 seasons for this pussy to fly is beyond me. They should just kill this show off because its a slow piece of shit.

Spiderman
10-21-2005, 03:55 AM

Why it took 4 seasons for this pussy to fly is beyond me. They should just kill this show off because its a slow piece of shit.

Agreed, 4 seasons holy shit just to fly, at first this show was ok now its just needs to be fluish down the toilet!

Overlord Abomination
10-21-2005, 04:00 AM

Agreed, 4 seasons holy shit just to fly, at first this show was ok now its just needs to be fluish down the toilet!

I cant believe people watched this bullshit. I just started to tune in because it looked like it was on an upstream, God was I wrong, Its not even a superhero show, Its a fuckin teen drama.

Spiderman
10-21-2005, 04:04 AM
Yeah i dont get how on the hell has it last for four seasons and better shows get canceled!

Overlord Abomination
10-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Carnivale got cancelled after 2 seasons. To this day it hurts.

Spiderman
10-21-2005, 05:05 AM
Carnivale got cancelled after 2 seasons. To this day it hurts.

Screw hbo for canceling it!

nyctrannytopper
10-21-2005, 05:52 AM
I LIKE SMALLVILLE,ITS GREAT HOW LEX IS STARTING TO BECOME THE BAD GUY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS...AND LOIS IS HOT....
P.S.....MADONNA IS ON DAVID LETTERMAN RIGHT NOW

Ecstatic
10-21-2005, 05:57 AM
I wanna join the Junior Lifeguard Association! :twisted: Was that a weak pun or what?

TomSelis
10-21-2005, 05:58 AM
It was terrible. So was the joke about green and orange.

Ecstatic
10-21-2005, 06:00 AM
I'll be more interested when they can make Green Lantern appear real on TV. I don't know if CGI has come that far. But Aquaman?! Give me Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner any day!

nyctrannytopper
10-21-2005, 06:01 AM
I WANNA SEE CLARK FLY

MetaSylo
10-21-2005, 06:57 AM
Clark wont be flying in Smallville...ever...

And no, Clark didnt fly last season. That was Kal-El...heh, technicalities.

Also, to those complaining about it being a teen drama...uh, its on the WB...DUH.

Ecstatic
10-22-2005, 12:50 AM
One more thing: when did Kansas get mountains?! Check that lake! Now that's what I like, verisimilitude!

Overlord Abomination
10-22-2005, 10:42 PM
Also, to those complaining about it being a teen drama...uh, its on the WB...DUH.

But its fuckin Superman. Not fuckin Dawsons creek. Talk about fucked up licensing. If this show had half the spirt of any of the movies I and tons of other people will be hooked.

clipperfan
10-22-2005, 10:44 PM
Im pretty darn hooked, its a good show, than again im only 19m i watch the oc, hey gotta love the girls

Overlord Abomination
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
Im pretty darn hooked, its a good show, than again im only 19m i watch the oc, hey gotta love the girls

You watch the OC? Wow. Your the second guy ive ever come across to admit that.