PDA

View Full Version : Deaf or Blind....

ImpulZ
04-26-2009, 05:19 PM
hard choice but what would you choose when there is no escape from it.....i think deaf is the best option because youcan see and also communicate with the hands or reading lips...but you cant listening anymore too music and that sucks...so maybe better blind :roll: :lol:

SarahG
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Deaf would be the better pick, if you pick blind to be able to keep listening to music, there's always a chance that all those years of using earphones (or loud music in cars) will take away that sense as well.

Teydyn
04-26-2009, 10:33 PM
hard choice
Not for me. Deaf all the way.

(Visual perception is like 70% of our data input?)

jjhill
04-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Blind for me, I have seen everything that I've wanted to see, but I haven't heard everything i wanted to hear. There's always hearing devices that can help, just like glasses. I think it's easier for a person to go blind then deaf.

trish
04-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Deafness is more isolating. Many people won't put in the considerable extra effort it takes to converse with someone who is deaf or even someone who is only partially deaf. If you're a people person and you need real conversational connections with people (not just internet chats) you should probably choose blindness.

Me, I'm a misanthrope (I know, some of you don't believe it) and so if I must choose, I'll choose a mild case of astigmatism.

Jericho
04-27-2009, 01:58 AM
Deafness is more isolating. Many people won't put in the considerable extra effort it takes to converse with someone who is deaf or even someone who is only partially deaf.

Excellent point.
Raised voices, leading to anger, leading to indifference (a deaf relative), but, i'd still choose deafness over blindness. Eternal night (shudder)

Me, I'm a misanthrope (I know, some of you don't believe it)

I don't believe it! :wink: