PDA

View Full Version : Chuck

jaycanuck
04-23-2009, 02:23 AM
So I've been hearing good things about this show and 2 separate people implored me to get the 2 seasons...which i'm in the process of doing. Anyone else watch this show? Without spoilers..your thoughts?

Quiet Reflections
04-23-2009, 03:33 AM
I'm not a big fan but its not a terrible show. the girl is pretty hot and the guy that plays chuck plays the fool pretty well. its a crappy lead in to Heroes. it would probably be a good Wednesday night show. 6.5/10 over all

icarus2112
04-24-2009, 07:00 AM
I like Chuck quite alot, I highly recommend it for its pretty decent humor and some drama stuff with geek spy action. The show is semi silly on purpose.

javaikky
04-24-2009, 12:39 PM
One of the best shows on TV right now in my opinion.

If you have even a smidgen of nerd in you.. your going to love it.

jaycanuck
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
One of the best shows on TV right now in my opinion.

If you have even a smidgen of nerd in you.. your going to love it.

Awesome. Can't wait to watch it.

Faldur
04-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Definitely one of the best shows on tv. Yvonne Strahovski will keep your eyes glued to the screen. She did a scene last week where she walks out in her panties and a tshirt.. oh boy.. :)

Other new show that is showing great promise is Southland, almost has a little flavor of "The Shield".

jaycanuck
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Just watched all of them...all Chucked out. But damn fine show. I hope they renew it.

astridshayxxx
05-10-2009, 12:05 AM
Its a great show. Funny, Cheeky, and smartly written.

Plus it has some great actors in Adam Baldwin and others.

That and Life is also very good.

Just thought I would chime in.

Cheers

Astrid Shay :)

Inigo_Montoya
05-10-2009, 01:14 AM
I was really into it for a bit, but then it just got too repetitive for me. The obvious dynamics between all the 2-dimensional characters, the predictable plots and the grueling 'back-and-forth' romance just exhausted me after two seasons.
If you like Chuck, I'd recommend Reaper. It's basically the same show, but instead of working for the CIA, the main character works for the Devil. That's about the only difference.
These shows are just too easy to write, and too tiring to watch after a while. Every time a network gets a series people seem to like, instead of just making something cool, then ending it, they drag it on until it dies a pathetic and cancerous death, just like every Offspring 'hit-single'.

Here's some bad-ass shows if you're interested:

Carnivale
Deadwood
Dexter
Firefly
Extras
Invader Zim (cartoon)
Kitchen Nightmares w/Gordon Ramsay(BBC)
Rome
Lost
Heroes (don't watch anymore than Season 2, though I'd recommend you stop after Season 1)
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (Annoying here and there, but great payoff in the end)
Father Ted

jaycanuck
05-23-2009, 05:34 PM
By the way...the push by fans to get this renewed seemed to work. NBC has ordered a 3rd season...albeit cut back to 13 episodes. Still..probably for the best. I found the 2nd season had a lot of fillers with 22 episodes.

Ecstatic
05-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey Jay, yeah, NBC is doing some "timeshares" with shows that were on the bubble but just popular enough to renew. I was sad to hear that Medium was canceled by NBC but then it was picked up by CBS (who own the production company making the show, so it's effectively already in their budget minus the development costs and risks of a new show).

Chuck is a fun show; Scott Bakula and Chevy Chase guest starring at the end of the season was great. I tire quickly of the Buy More antics--much prefer the Workbench scenes on Reaper--but then I prefer the main action in Chuck over that in Reaper. They are cut from very similar cloth.

I was also sad to hear that TSCC was terminated (pardon the pun). At least the ending of the season finale (de facto series finale) was a great cliffhanger which leaves you wondering but also seems a good place to end the story. I actually prefer the TV series to the movies and am not rushing out to see Salvation (though Moon Bloodgood is a big draw....).

Cheers!

jaycanuck
05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
I just mentioned to a friend that used to watch it with me that it was cancelled. I enjoy the Chronicles....although I didn't finish watching season 2 (I may have them on PVR here). It's too bad that they didn't tie the show characters into the movie. For instance Brian Austin Green could have been in it. I think he would have been a good tie-in.

I agree 100% about the Buy More. It's done as a story plot. But season 2 addressed that and also possible "cuts". Now that Chuck has karate-chop action I would assume the Buy More is no longer needed (he also resigned)...which eliminates those actors (maybe with the exception of a guest appearance). And well Morgan and Anna are off to Hawaii...so that's cleaned up.

I think season 3 is going to be very interesting.