PDA

View Full Version : ever have one of those days?

jaycanuck
04-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Ever have one of those days that just really seem to suck?

Started out with a really emotional visit with my grandfather (who has advanced alzheimer's) and visiting family. Then come home to find out my father's house was broken into.

Powerless to stop either. It just blows.

Sorry..just venting.

Alyssa87
04-17-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrHsMWHGByM
Don't Take It Personal ( Just One Of Them Days )

feel better : )

raiku9909
04-17-2009, 01:01 AM
feel better, sir! godspeed.

Jim Brown
04-17-2009, 01:21 AM

Jesus christ girl...looking at that pic you make me wanna be a better man... less evil

CaptainGeech
04-17-2009, 01:30 AM
Yeah. 2009 in general has been like one LONG shitty day for me. Could be worse (no doubt others in the world have it worse) but its still been truly crappy non the less.

Have yourself a drink. Look at some hot women. Eat some good food. Repeat as needed.

Best of luck.

Coroner
04-17-2009, 01:35 AM
There must a shitty day, bro. YouŽll have more of them and you canŽt avoid it. Just stay strong.

MacShreach
04-17-2009, 01:47 AM

Yesterday was hellish but today was a lot better, and believe me when I say, Alyssa, however Jay feels (and I hope it's better), that picture of you is the icing on my cake. Thank you very much, you're beautiful.

BTW, for those of you who read my excessively long, often incoherent, but I hope occasionally amusing ramblings, the smelly four-legged get that used to live under my stairs left to chase his Last Rabbit yesterday. He was a Very Good Dog.

Legend
04-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Dude sorry to hear all that stuff happening to you.

jaycanuck
04-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words.

I don't know if any of your relatives suffer from this disease but it is one of the cruelest ways to go. This man was a tail gunner in world war 2..traveled the world and to see him not able to form a sentence is one of the most sobering sights.

The worst was when we left. My mom lives on the East Coast and is only able to see him every 6 months. She kept saying "this could be the last time". I didn't see her point of view before today (as it was sometime since I saw him last)...but I'm seeing it now. Just unreal.

Again..thanks.

jaycanuck
04-17-2009, 02:32 AM

Very beautiful photo Alyssa. Hard to not feel good seeing that smile. Thankyou.

marcelloNYC
04-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Sorry you are going through that. ((((Hugs))))

EyeCumInPiece
04-17-2009, 03:29 AM
That sucks. Sorry to here that dude. Keep ya head up. 4 every dark night there's a brighter day.

marcelloNYC
04-17-2009, 03:30 AM

Yesterday was hellish but today was a lot better, and believe me when I say, Alyssa, however Jay feels (and I hope it's better), that picture of you is the icing on my cake. Thank you very much, you're beautiful.

BTW, for those of you who read my excessively long, often incoherent, but I hope occasionally amusing ramblings, the smelly four-legged get that used to live under my stairs left to chase his Last Rabbit yesterday. He was a Very Good Dog.

Awe. I lost my Labrador two years ago. It gets better, then worse then you learn to deal.

This makes me cry, but helps.

((HUGS))

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Quiet Reflections
04-17-2009, 03:39 AM
I'm not religious at all but my mother used to say "God only gives you as much as you can handle". I guess if that's true then he knows you are a strong person.

LTR_Seeker
04-17-2009, 03:51 AM
When my dad died in 07 it was rough so i know what ya going through it will get better keep strong

transmaven
04-17-2009, 04:02 AM
I don't know about the rainbow bridge

but I do know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GzVCYqoyY&fmt=18

marcelloNYC
04-17-2009, 04:14 AM
I don't know about the rainbow bridge

but I do know:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GzVCYqoyY&fmt=18

I love the Ramones! :D

JustMeHere
04-17-2009, 04:48 AM
[quote="jaycanuck"]I don't know if any of your relatives suffer from this disease but it is one of the cruelest ways to go. This man was a tail gunner in world war 2..traveled the world and to see him not able to form a sentence is one of the most sobering sights.
quote]

I know what you're talking about. My grandmother was a one of a kind woman. She had a beautiful singing voice and an incredible whit. I lived with her for a few years and I learned the art of the perfectly timed comeback and the pondered reply on top of learning handfuls of old, Irish melodies. I related to her almost more than any other family member. Now she frequently confuses me for her brother (who died many years ago), and while she's still moderately active she rarely is aware of reality for more than a few minutes at a time. It's humbling, really.

I think the biggest consolation I can take from it is that she passed along a lot of who she was to me and my family. She's a matriarch, in a sense, of a large family and we just celebrated her 80th birthday in the fall. It's bittersweet. On one hand you have a great legacy from a wonderful person to celebrate, and on the other you know that person deserves more for the end of their life.

Ok, I'm probably not doing much to cheer you up here, so I'll stop. But hopefully there's something in there to give a little consolation. I guess the best I could say is there are people who sympathize with you, and I'm sorry for your bad day.

MacShreach
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM

Awe. I lost my Labrador two years ago. It gets better, then worse then you learn to deal.

This makes me cry, but helps.

((HUGS))

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Thank you, Marcello, I appreciate that. It did make me cry, especially the bit about the trusting eyes, but it does help. Thank you.

Fox
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear about all that, Jay. Keep your head up man. Easier said than done, but it helps to find the positive even in the worst situations.

Personal experience.