PDA

View Full Version : Welcome. . .To Fantasy Island!

hondarobot
09-29-2005, 01:47 AM
Pilot episode of Lost is coming on, in case anyone missed it. And then the new episode.

Bwahahah! We find out what's going on inside the hatch for sure this time. . .maybe. . .well, probably not.

Damn, that show drives me crazy.

Quinn
09-29-2005, 01:53 AM
I actually cancelled a business dinner so that I could sit home like a nerd and find out what's going on inside the hatch. What in the hell is wrong with me??

-Quinn

hondarobot
09-29-2005, 02:06 AM
You think that's bad? My dad is in the hospital for a triple bypass right now. He was scheduled for tomarrow, but it got bumped up to Monday (Fricken VA hospital is fucked up, but he's a vet so he insists on going there). I was actually relieved that the surgery got bumped because now I can watch Lost tonight.

That's bordeline nuts, but he told me not to come down until Monday. And it's such a damn good show!

Quinn
09-29-2005, 02:24 AM
Honda,

I hope everything works out with your father's surgery.

-Quinn

hondarobot
09-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Thanks Quinn, but the guys a rock, if anyone can make it through the surgery, he can. He rode out a heart attack a few years ago, and didn't even realize it until he went into the doctor a month later. He thought he just had the flu.

Tough guy.

Thanks for the post.

hondarobot
09-29-2005, 03:52 AM
This damn show is driving me crazy!!!!

Still don't what's going on down the hatch, or about "the others" or anything.

Damn It!

Well, it's going to be one hell of a ride. I think the whole thing is some weird nanobot experiment gone wrong. That explains the weird swarm like "monster" thing, and the 60's era underground lab, but I honestly just don't know.

Realgirls4me
09-29-2005, 04:01 AM
Honda,

Good luck with your father there.

I saw the first "Lost" episode and just couldn't keep up with it ... I'm too far behind to follow its characters and it seems like it's a great show based on its Emmy results.

In my book, the best TV comes in the form of Fox's "24" and last night's "Boston Legal". I also thought "Eyes" with Tim Daley would survive into the Fall season, but apparently it isn't so.

Bigguy
09-29-2005, 05:02 AM
I think I missed an episode or two from the first season but I got a good grip on whats going on. I'm more curious about the numbers than the hatch, at least you have an idea now about it. And its an early 80's underground lab in the hatch, they didn't have personal computers in the 60's.

hondarobot
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
Good point Bigguy, definately early 80's era. I was thrown by the ENIAC (or whatever the hell that was) era looking tape computers, but those were probably in common use in the 80's as well. Oh and the geodesic dome room kinda looked 60's to me.

The numbers are defiantely the key to the whole riddle. And was the guy in the "hatch" the guy Jack talked to when he was running the stairs in the stadium? It's all very strange.

I'm still saying, it's all about nanobots.

BlackAdder
09-30-2005, 05:15 AM
Hmm..Nanites have some merit..that would explain the shadow monster at least....and the guy Desmond talking about the end of the world....But Im not sure what the hell hes injecting himself with in that primitive hypospray.

Nanites in case anyones wondering are very VERY small machines...that can be incredibly strong and intelligent if theres enough of them together...They can also "infect" people theoretically with something called a nanovirus...once there in you they can pretty much do want they want to ya...alter memories...genetic manipulation..../shrug..

And just think...were actually pretty close(20 years or so) to having them for real. Scary...

hondarobot
09-30-2005, 05:26 AM
Well, it's kinda scary, but a long way off.

As far as the show goes, it's a pretty crazy story, but I like it. I have no idea what's going on. The injection the guy takes is probably a deterent against the nanites or nanobots or whatever. What he refers to as "How many of you got sick?", that's probably what he's freaked out about.

But what the hell are the Nano thingies up to, assuming thats the case at all?

Who knows? I'm going to bed.

hondarobot
09-30-2005, 06:58 PM
I just talked to a fellow Lost enthusiast at work, and the guy inside The Hatch is indeed the guy Jack talked to in the stadium many years prior. So what the hell is that all about?

The writers keep saying eveything will have a real world, rational explanation, and it's not like "all a dream" sorta stuff. I don't see how thats possible.

I think I'll take a long lunch hour today and dwell a bit more on this.

:?

hondarobot
10-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Thanks again Quinn and Realgirls, I'm back from the hospital and my dad got through the operation just fine. At least that's what the doctor said. He sure didn't look fine (unconscious right now, tube down his throat, sensors all over him, IV's and shit stuck in him, doesn't look like fun).

But he should be much better in a few days, functional again in a few weeks (well, mostly), just in case you were curious.

Very stressful period of time lately. At least we got a new Lost episode tomarrow.

Now I gotta start a thread related to a computer problem (it's just one thing after another lately)

:?

Quinn
10-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm back from the hospital and my dad got through the operation just fine.

Glad to hear everything went well. Don't worry about the tubes and such; everyone looks like that after an even remotely serious operation.

-Quinn

hondarobot
10-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Dammit! Lost isn't on until tomarrow!

:x