PDA

View Full Version : Champions League

goldensamba
04-09-2009, 07:53 PM
Who are your picks after the first leg matches. I am still sticking with my boys Arsenal to go to the final. United look like crap and at this point a 0-0 or 1-1 draw in the second leg puts them out of the competition.

Although Barca destroyed Bayern they do not fare well against English teams most of the time so I am picking a Chelsea-Arsenal final.

What do you football fans think?

SammiValentine
04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Barcelona have beaten Arsenal (final) and Chelsea in recent years - they fare ok against English teams :P They also beat us (Liverpool) at home but lost on Away goals.

I hope Barcelona win but have a feeling Chelsea will finally win...:)

Not to mention we win the prem of course, and Gillett & Hicks f*** *** back to where they came from. All will be right in the world then :)

goldensamba
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Barcelona have beaten Arsenal (final) and Chelsea in recent years - they fare ok against English teams :P They also beat us (Liverpool) at home but lost on Away goals.

I hope Barcelona win but have a feeling Chelsea will finally win...:)

Not to mention we win the prem of course, and Gillett & Hicks f*** *** back to where they came from. All will be right in the world then :)

I think Liverpool and United are going out this round so they can fight it out for the PL. If United don't get it together soon they could end up 3rd or 4th.

SammiValentine
04-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Mancs will not slip that badly - not with fergie. if they win prem they equal our top division haul...

MacShreach
04-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry, didn't notice you arriving...welcome, always nice to see new faces.

SammiValentine
04-09-2009, 08:32 PM
i kinda slipped in while no one was looking ;)

hi x

scousepope
04-09-2009, 08:51 PM
in rafa we trust 3-0 at stamford bridge
scum v liverpool final in rome

If not the premiership will do nicely

SammiValentine
04-09-2009, 08:53 PM
get in

LibertyHarkness
04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
fuck me dont get her started on bleeding football i just had to endure staying at my house for 4 days banging on about how great liverpool are :)

xxx

Coroner
04-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I´m very certain to see Barca in the finals. Probably against Arsenal but not Chelsea.

SammiValentine
04-09-2009, 10:01 PM
fuck me dont get her started on bleeding football i just had to endure staying at my house for 4 days banging on about how great liverpool are :)

xxx

silence! or i go ninja on you southerner

:D :D :twisted: :twisted:

LibertyHarkness
04-09-2009, 10:34 PM
silence infidel - i kill youuuuu :)

xxx

Quiet Reflections
04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Barcelona

Castor_Troy05
04-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Barca Man U final i think. with Barca taking it

BlackIce
04-09-2009, 11:21 PM
I quite fancy Arsenal to make it to the final (but then maybe that's heart ruling head!) - I think Manchester United will squeeze through against Porto, but I think they're the one English team we have the measure of over two legs, and they'd promise to be two cracking cup ties. Depending on what Arsenal turn up to said final I'd say we have a fine chance of winning it - but then given the defensive dissaray that has been the story of our season a times Chelsea or Barcelona could equally tear us apart at set plays.

EDIT - also, sorry, hi all, registered yonks ago but never got around to posting until now!

macjay18
04-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Barcelona and Chelsea looking good. Man how good is Messi- little and quick! QUite impressed by ivanovic from Chelsea and of course Drogba. Go gus hiddink haha.

badpress
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
The only positive thing Liverpool can take from last nights match is Chelsea could, and probably should, have won by a lot more. Trying to win by 3 clear at Stamford Bridge will be a huge ask,but Liverpool have had unbelievable comebacks in europe before, so hopefully they can do it again.

Porto have an impeccable home record, and no English team has ever won there, so I think ManU will struggle.
Ironically in the Champions League over the past number of years, a number of teams struggling a bit in there domestic Leagues go on to win, so for this reason I am going for an Arsenal win as long shot.

MariaTgirl
04-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Mancs will not slip that badly - not with fergie. if they win prem they equal our top division haul...

Ooooh! Someone has changed her tune! :lol: :lol: :lol:

goldensamba
04-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Actually looking at the body language of the players and how their defense is a shambles I see them dropping a few more points. They should have lost to Villa but Villa was equally shite on the day.

By the way......What a goal by Adebayor in Spain.

LennyKoopa
04-10-2009, 01:01 AM
I'm wanting Chelsea but I think Barca will win it all.

chelseafc
04-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Problem is Chelsea will have to play Barca,t hey look like they'll win it

goldensamba
04-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Problem is Chelsea will have to play Barca,t hey look like they'll win it

Although Barca are very good Bayern made them look like world beaters. Let's not forget Bayern lost their last league match 5-1 so they have defensive problems for sure. With a team that attacks, Barca won't be able to just spend 90 minutes camped in the other teams end and against the British teams that counter with pace and power they could well get turned over.

hf
04-10-2009, 04:47 AM
I like Boca Juniors in this one. Oh wait wrong continent. Sorry. Barcelona, I guess.

The Piper
04-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Never ever write us off in europe.
Don't care who wins if Liverpool go out, as long as it's not the Mancs.

The Piper
04-10-2009, 05:29 PM
hate to say it but got a feeling its gonna be chelsea's this year,

Could be but....
They'll probably bottle it in the final,don't think they have the nerve.

Legspreader
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Manchester United will win this Champions League. Watch as Man U destroy Porto in Portugal. Barcelona will be taken care of next round. Arsenal will not win anything, again.

chelseafc
04-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Man U are officially in a funk, they can barely beat teams nowadays, what happened to the defense, Y'all leaking goals at the wrong time

yosi
04-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Barca are the most deserving of all to win - love their football.

and I believe they will 8)

lobwedge
04-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Arsenal are coming into form at just the right time and seem to be set up to play a european type game. Man utd in the semi finals should provide a good test but if it is an open game i think they should get through, because utd are running out of steam. Barca v Arsenal in the final. Arsenal to win. :D

kaientai
04-13-2009, 10:43 AM
arsenal will beat villa with ease now that senna is injured.

liverpool will unfortunatly not make it although i also thought they were doomed in that final against ac milan stevie g might have another miracle up his sleeve (let me put it like this if liverpool wins this steven gerard deserves player of the year award!!!)

barca wil ease on through

Man U will try and try but Porto will keep it at 0-0 i the most boring match out of the 4 because of the stupid rule that away goals count double they should realy lose that it ruins matches

the winner of chelsea liverpool will win it all

celticgrafix
04-14-2009, 05:53 AM
aww soccers for pussies

goldensamba
04-14-2009, 04:48 PM
aww soccers for pussies

People who call football soccer are pussies.......

macjay18
04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
...what? I like soccer and I call it soccer. In my country if you call it football it could mean one of three sports- but i believe soccer is the only game of these three that primarily use your feet.

In my country though, playing soccer is almost looked down upon as a sport (we have a shite national team). Fathers would almost shed a tear if their child wanted to play soccer instead of rugby, it is like they think they have lost their child to a 'pansy' sport or something. Terrible attitude to the sport in my country.

Anyways, had a couple of bets on the Champ league. Think Barcelona will win again by just a couple of goals) and I think it will be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw in the Chelsea-Liverpool game

goldensamba
04-15-2009, 03:08 AM
What a match between Liverpool and Chelski today. Looked for a minute like Liverpool might pull it out.

If Chelsea play defense like that against Barca they will give up more goals than Bayern did.

Coroner
04-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Dude, it´s Chelsea, not Chelski.

The Piper
04-15-2009, 08:58 PM
That's a nickname because of the Russian connection.

T Oracle
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
What a match between Liverpool and Chelski today. Looked for a minute like Liverpool might pull it out.

If Chelsea play defense like that against Barca they will give up more goals than Bayern did.

"What a match between Liverpool and Chelski today. Looked for a minute like Liverpool might pull it out."

More than a minute, but yes, what a match!

macjay18
04-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Man U not that convincing but through and Arsenal ummm...more than convincing and through.

goldensamba
04-16-2009, 07:59 AM
That's a nickname because of the Russian connection.

Thanks Piper. You beat me to the nickname lesson.