PDA

View Full Version : If you were recording an album...

Willie Escalade
04-05-2009, 03:43 AM
...who would be on it? Pros? Session men (and women)? Lots of guest stars? Are you talented to play all the instruments yourself? Would you sample?

Since my album would be instrumental (with me playing trumpet/drums/percussion), I'd have Harvey Mason on drums, Stanley Clarke on bass, and Patrice Rushen on keyboards. I'd have to use other session cats for the other instruments.

If I made a vocal album, I'd use a drum machine and a few keyboards, with some live percussion and bass. NO SAMPLING!

Mary J. Blige would have to guess star as well. :D

LTR_Seeker
04-05-2009, 03:46 AM
as long as you dohnt use that ts girl group that was mentioned way back what was therename i think kelly was fan of theirs?

jjhill
04-05-2009, 03:54 AM
I'm actually working on 3 mixtapes and one studio album

If I could do it the way I want it.
Kanye would do all the beats, all samples. As far as featured artist on the track. Nas, Kanye, Common, Lupe. Local area guys. That would of course be a rap album.

I would also do a funk album, where I would have parliament and stevie wonder

Alyssa87
04-05-2009, 04:03 AM
Lauryn Hill will have to shake the crazies and pull herself together for me!

Remy Ma will have to be excused from prison for a day.

Marsha and Natalie from Floetry will add a poetic vibe. and marsha's vocals are out of this world.

i need other vocal heavy hitters!
Mary J, Yolonda Adams, Faith Evans, Tarralyn Ramsey.

Kim and Fox will have to get over their hate for eachother, because they will be in the studio TOGETHER

Luther, Biggie & Tupac will have to rise from the dead.

hmm- i think that'll do it.

nice topic.

saifan
04-05-2009, 04:08 AM
I have been recording on and off for 16 years. Started back up again 2 years ago. Rock music. I sing, play guitar, bass, keys and program drum beats. If you are at all interested in it PM me for the myspace page.

Coroner
04-05-2009, 04:16 AM
I´m playing guitar myself but my perfect line-up would look like this:

Frank Gambale or Alex Masi - guitars
Richard Bona - bass
Vitalij Kuprij - keyboard
Atma Anur or Paco Sery - drums

Jim Brown
04-05-2009, 04:16 AM
Kanye, Mark Ronson and I would make all the beats. I think i make pretty good beats but they dont fall under any genre lol ...its a cross between jazz/hip hop/soul and a little rock. haha. But yeah Kanye, Nas, Maroon 5, Amy Winehouse and Adele would definitely lay down the vocals. I would have Mary j and Amy just going back and forth on a track.
Amy Winehouse is the shit, son! You better recognize.

Prolly wont happen , I don't think K and Amy like each other. lol

Kabuki
04-05-2009, 04:30 AM
I was making music with the producers edition of fruity loops before my last hard drive died. I can't play any instruments, but I pieced together a number of guitar, and sitar strings. I could make people believe that someone was playing on my tracks.

My dream album would be a mixture of trip-hop/down tempo beats with various artists. Biggie Smalls, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Common, and Lupe Fiasco would collab on at least one track together. They're my Dream team of hip-hop.

Kaki King, Fiona Apple, and Sergio Mendes would also make appearances on the album. Maybe draft N*E*R*D for a track. I love mixing different genres of music.

Kaki King is amazing by the way. Just watch how she handles a guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbJnwk3GBiM

sheyum
04-05-2009, 07:16 PM
britney boykins on guitar

Alyssa87
04-05-2009, 07:23 PM

wouldnt you prefer bb as your groupie while on the road, promoting your album?
i think Santana should provide you with guitar.

just looking out for ya :wink:

phobun
04-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Larissa Summers on drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dme3KSIPNTA

Instrumental
04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd make an instrumental album with me on the piano and violin and it'd be great to work with Tommy Guerrero as he's a great guitarist and electronic musician. It'd be a sweet matchup =)

sheyum
04-05-2009, 08:55 PM

wouldnt you prefer bb as your groupie while on the road, promoting your album?
i think Santana should provide you with guitar.

just looking out for ya :wink:

a
you're the greatest
but Im a guitarist--so i dont need santana
but you can come along--just to make me smile
and to keep things intellectually interesting..!

Alyssa87
04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
thanks.
cant wait.