PDA

View Full Version : This may make a few girls and ass kissers happy to see......

keepingitreal470
03-29-2009, 09:59 PM
http://transgriot.blogspot.com/2009/03/alexandra-billings-stars-in-upcoming.html My friend is directing this project. He and I did a film back in 99. I have my own personal views on using real trans to play trans parts. I never shared them with him. But I dont feel there are enough trans out there that have the chops and the talent to work on a major hollywood level. So I've always sided with hollywood for using gay men or butch type women to play trans. Because ultimately, the performance will be better. This all goes back to finding a trans that has dedicated her life to the craft of acting. Classes, grad level training, showcases, student films, indie films, short films, off-bway plays. All of that takes a major commitment which spans about 10 years. But instead, most of what you'll find are a bunch of lip syncers and drag show performers. That kind of stuff doesnt come close to what a legit professional actor needs to carry a major feature film. But, for the trans community, this is definately a step in the right direction. I wish the film well because my buddy Mark is directing it. It could pave the way for he and I to work together again. And the trans thats in this film has actually done some decent work in the past. This aint her first rodeo. Here is her IMDB page. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1267765/ She's done minimal work but has loads of training. She is the type of trans I would feel comfortable working with.

keepingitreal470
03-29-2009, 11:42 PM
Alexandra Billings Stars In Upcoming Movie 'Stealth'
TransGriot Note: Remember when I asked the question when would Hollywood start using transgender actresses for transgender parts and surmised it would take us writing and producing our own films for that to happen? Peep this press release I received today about the movie Stealth.

Move over Lana Wachowski, you're not the only transgender director in town

Marlo Bernier’s directorial debut, Stealth, explores life as a Transgender
Los Angeles, California
March 28, 2009

Principal Photography begins April 4th on Marlo Bernier’s transgender tale, Stealth, which spotlights both the unfortunate intolerance of society and the reinforcing power of acceptance.

The film, shooting in and around Los Angeles, California, is a Jackie Frost Films production in association with Scorpio Rising Films and funded by Mississippi Films, Susan Smith and Jon Lipitz.

Award-winning transgender actress, singer and renowned Professor of The Viewpoints at California State University and The Steppenwolf Theater, Alexandra Billings (Grey’s Anatomy) takes the lead as Veronica Terranova alongside Indie actresses Jennifer Fontaine (LOOK) and Elizabeth J. Martin (Expired) who complete the ensemble in roles as her two sisters.

Stealth steers audiences through the secretive and shocking events surrounding transgender Veronica Terranova. Sitting alone in a dark hotel room, a dead and dirty politician by her side, Veronica must make the difficult decision to call Jeannine, her younger sister, who has always been there for her. Panic stricken, Jeannine secretly calls their eldest sister, Celia, the only one who can truly help...but will she?

A powerful mix of sisterly love and abject rejection, Stealth is an insightful and candid look at how one family handles transgenderism. Director, Marlo Bernier reveals, “I know this world all too well. I have lived my entire life as Mark and am now forced to deal with not only my own demons, but also a world that, for the most part, has absolutely no understanding of what it means to be transgender.”

Behind-the-scenes, 4-time Outmusic award nominated and visionary transgender singer/songwriter Namoli Brennet will provide a haunting score, and award-winning documentarian Andre Enzensberger will lend his eye as the Director of Photography.

Stealth marks the second collaboration of the writing/producing team Marlo Bernier and Jennifer Fontaine. The team’s first endeavor ‘The Last Time We Were…’ garnered the duo a Silver Remi at WorldFest Houston and played to packed screenings at the Los Angeles International Shorts Fest and the Beloit International Film Fest. They currently have 5 feature scripts in various stages of development, including ‘Glass Houses’ which has attached actors Pruitt Taylor Vince, Austin Pendleton and Jason Connery, and is currently in the packaging stage.

keepingitreal470
03-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Amazing! I post something here thats important, positive, uplifting and relevant to the trans community, and it gets completely ignored. But if I were to post something that seemed like some sort of drama, demeaning, insulting or even racial, then it would be 10 pages by now. That all sums up HA. Thats what most folks here respond to. Drama. It also gives you an idea of the intelligent quotient that exsist here among most.

Legend
03-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Amazing! I post something here thats important, positive, uplifting and relevant to the trans community, and it gets completely ignored. But if I were to post something that seemed like some sort of drama, demeaning, insulting or even racial, then it would be 10 pages by now. That all sums up HA. Thats what most folks here respond to. Drama. It also gives you an idea of the intelligent quotient that exsist here among most.

Stop whining crybaby people aren't responding because they know it was posted to give off a false persona.You go from wanting to beat a women down too trying to be uplifting and positive,get the f**k outta here!