PDA

View Full Version : how do you deal with a broken heart?

ManOfSteel
03-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I know im not a regular on this board, but i just got heart broken by a girl. how do you guys deal with it? those that have experienced it? how do you move on? I really hurt. I dont know what to do! I feel like shit, I dont know how to cope, I just drink and take pills! how do I survive?

TsJennifer
03-24-2009, 10:31 AM
time will heal!

T-girl hound
03-24-2009, 12:06 PM
After I got dumped for something that happened before we ever met. I turned into savage for about two weeks, i would fuck anything wihin radius. Dont become that person it will consume you whole. Find some kinda hobby to occupy you and take your mind off it

brent2331
03-24-2009, 12:15 PM
It's going to take time along with staying busy. Sorry

bunzy
03-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Get another heart dude, seriously, i know it's not easy but the best thging you can do is get a girl better than her.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-24-2009, 01:24 PM
I just drink and take pills! how do I survive?

stop drinking and taking pills

find something you thought you had little to no interest in and make it a time consumer

now it might only consume a few hours of your time a day but at the very least those are hours you haven't spent focusing on your breakup

Every man on here has had their heart broken (if they say they haven't odds are they probably went to prison at a very young age in which case they got their asses broken).

When mine got broken I simply focused on work and went back to mixed martial arts classes............ I forced myself to learn techniques I initially had no interest in, worked out because now I love them........

p.s. if you feel really depressed and need to vent come in the chat room, there's honestly some good listeners in there most of the time

jjhill
03-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Listen to rap music! When I was younger I thought I had my heart broken a few times, but I reailzed it wasn't nothing but puppy love. Luckily I was able to get the girl back that really broke my heart. Besides rap music, I watched the whole series of Entourage! that'll really help

CORVETTEDUDE
03-24-2009, 03:14 PM
It's nothin' that a bottle of Jack, a case of beer, and hooker can't cure.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-24-2009, 06:05 PM
It's nothin' that a bottle of Jack, a case of beer, and hooker can't cure.

lol we both know Jack+Jill+Depression= Identity Theft

he'd wake up minus his clothes, wallet, and credit

gunner55
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
As you get older, you begin to really understand what the important things in your life are. Yeah, at one time in my life, if I lost a girlfriend...I might have thought it to be devistating but this past winter, I lost a six month old grandson and all the heartache I thought I had known in my life, suddenly seemed like a day at the beach. Life goes on, it has to, and so do you. Pills and alcohol won't make it better. Just know that the sun will come up tomorrow and you're going to have to deal with it.

jaycanuck
03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Like Johnny said.. keep yourself busy. Set new goals for yourself. Recently I've stopped contact with a number of people who have screwed me. It helps me not to have contact with those people and focus on the stuff that is positive in your life.

I know it sounds Dr. Phil-ish but it works.

Dino Velvet
03-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Keep with the drinking and the pills. If that doesn't work, target prostitutes that remind you of the girl that hurt you and chop them up. It's a great stress reliever, it fills empty moments in your day, and all the struggling and fighting is good exercise which will promote good health.

Here's a few tips:
1) Always operate in an area you are familiar with and would consider a "comfort zone".
2) Stay disciplined and avoid impulsive acts.
3) Resist taking a souvenir from your victim. It's pleasurable to relive your conquests but it can also link you to your victims.
4) Keep a supply of bleach handy but buy it in a store that doesn't know you. Pay cash and destroy the receipt. Bleach is effective in defeating Luminol.
5) Using a knife is good but can be messy. Keep a mental footnote of the perimeter of your killing zone and make sure to erase any connection you have with it. Knives make the act more personal and intimate possibly even giving you sexual gratification. A gun is no good since a bullet is almost like a fingerprint.

jaycanuck
03-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Keep with the drinking and the pills. If that doesn't work, target prostitutes that remind you of the girl that hurt you and chop them up. It's a great stress reliever, it fills empty moments in your day, and all the struggling and fighting is good exercise which will promote good health.

Here's a few tips:
1) Always operate in an area you are familiar with and would consider a "comfort zone".
3) Resist taking a souvenir from your victim. It's pleasurable to relive your conquests but it can also link you to your victims.
4) Keep a supply of bleach handy but buy it in a store that doesn't know you. Pay cash and destroy the receipt. Bleach is effective in defeating Luminol.
5) Using a knife is good but can be messy. Keep a mental footnote of the perimeter of your killing zone and make sure to erase any connection you have with it. Knives make the act more personal and intimate possibly even giving you sexual gratification. A gun is no good since a bullet is almost like a fingerprint.

y'know...with your avatar being Christopher Walken...it's more imaginable.

keepingitreal
03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
I have only posted once on this board and I saw this and wanted to respond. Time doesn’t always heal a broken heart. It has been a year in a half for me and my heart is still broken. I have tried everything to move on but I haven’t been able too. I’ve buried myself in work, I buried myself in the gym, tried drinking myself to death. I’ve dated and tried to forget her with other women but I just wind up using them and dumping them. I only see her face when I’m with someone else. Not a day or minute goes by that I don’t think about her. Sometimes I just break down. When I reflect back on our relationship I wish I would have done things different, I wish I would have done the things she asked me too. I was in a very bad and confusing time in my life. I pray everyday that she will contact me and give me another chance. The only thing that keeps me going is hope, the hope that there is still love in her heart for me. She knows I would do anything in the world to get her back and I would do whatever she wants. But she refrains from talking to me or contacting me for fear that her feelings will come out and she will be vulnerable. It’s so true you never know what you have until you lose it. I know I will never love anyone again as much as I love her. I am very much like my father. It’s been 30 yrs since my parents divorced and my father never got over my mother. He never married again and never had a long relationship again. Yes he is a very lonely old man and I fear I will suffer the same fate barring some miracle I get another chance.

ManOfSteel
03-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Thank you guys, it means a lot.

Dino Velvet
03-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Thank you guys, it means a lot.

I'm glad I could be of some help.

baileyandkc
03-25-2009, 01:05 AM
I'll be watching America's Unsolved Crime Mysteries every week now!

bigfreddy
03-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Lift. When you get sore, lift some more. Keep lifting until you get so big you can throw a Hyundai across a river.

Besides lifting, do something to help someone, like volunteer work. Big Brothers Big Sisters is good. One of my favorite volunteer activities is Read Across America. Takes place during the first week of March, so next year if you are still feeling up to it look it up and give it a try. I was absolutely blown away while reading Green Eggs and Ham and having a class of 1st graders read along with me. Our adult problems don't seem to be a big deal after that.

slinky
03-25-2009, 02:30 AM
I know im not a regular on this board, but i just got heart broken by a girl. how do you guys deal with it? those that have experienced it? how do you move on? I really hurt. I dont know what to do! I feel like shit, I dont know how to cope, I just drink and take pills! how do I survive?

Ironic handle/post combination.

What do I do? Hold onto it for years and bring it out every now and then to torture ............. myself with. But one isn't enough; go get a collection of a dozen or so who have crushed your heart and thrown it in the gutter so you'll always have at least one to obsess over.

You survive by keeping yourself busy with as much shit as you can so you don't have a moment to think about it. Take on an impossible project, like getting the cockhounds on HA out from behind their computers and out into the real world for once. Soon you'll have yourself tearing your hair out over that and not having as much free time, because totally empty time will ALWAYS have you focusing on her.

Remember the old saying:

"If you love something let it go,
If it doesn't come back to you.
Hunt it down and kill it."

Simonross
03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
The Simon guide to mending a broken heart...

1) Make a list, and not of the good things (that comes later). Write down and remember every hurt, every slight, every threat, every punch, basically everything that ended in you no longer loving that person as you once did. Read it at least once a day, sooner or later you are going to see things through rose coloured glasses, the list helps you remember how it really was at the end.

2) Get drunk (this is not a long term solution though girls n boys, trust me, I know)

3) Basically bang everything and everyone that comes to hand, it may not be meaningful, but it certainly diverts your attention away from how you are feeling at the time.

4) Don't rush into another relationship, It's oh so easy to mistake loneliness for love when you are feeling fragile.

5) Get out of the house in the evenings. Don't sit there talking to walls, they are never going to answer you. You have friends out there, talk to them.

6) And when the time is right, make another list, this time of the good things and the good times you once had together, so you can remember why that person once meant everything that was good in your life.

Simon

russtafa
03-25-2009, 05:30 PM
hey mate thats what whores are for

SarahG
03-25-2009, 07:19 PM

Here's a few tips:

Don't forget to get rid of the knife after cleaning it as well. Last thing you want is for them to find a knife in your house that's "consistent" with 5-6 killings.

MrF
03-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Broken heart ? Been there.

I agree with some of the advice given, like hit the gym, hang out with friends, devote yourself to career advancement for awhile. Listening to love songs might help -- there's a billion-dollar industry devoted to broken hearts. :)

I'd suggest you remember the old saying "there's plenty of fish in the sea". .... Keep dating !

Also it's a good idea to think about what your share of the fault was, and work calmly on correcting that. In most cases if things don't work out, it wasn't meant to be. Life is too short to get stuck on things that don't work.

fred41
03-26-2009, 01:37 AM
The Simon guide to mending a broken heart...

1) Make a list, and not of the good things (that comes later). Write down and remember every hurt, every slight, every threat, every punch, basically everything that ended in you no longer loving that person as you once did. Read it at least once a day, sooner or later you are going to see things through rose coloured glasses, the list helps you remember how it really was at the end.

2) Get drunk (this is not a long term solution though girls n boys, trust me, I know)

3) Basically bang everything and everyone that comes to hand, it may not be meaningful, but it certainly diverts your attention away from how you are feeling at the time.

4) Don't rush into another relationship, It's oh so easy to mistake loneliness for love when you are feeling fragile.

5) Get out of the house in the evenings. Don't sit there talking to walls, they are never going to answer you. You have friends out there, talk to them.

6) And when the time is right, make another list, this time of the good things and the good times you once had together, so you can remember why that person once meant everything that was good in your life.

Simon

This is a really good answer...the list thingy will help cause when you're all fucked up you tend to forget or overlook the really bad times that you NEED to remember at this point.

Actually, I really like Dino's answer , but with DNA testing and fuckin' cameras on every building and corner..it's really hard to get away with fun stuff like that anymore.....plus if you find yourself fully erect with every kill...you'll never be able to stop, and you'll get tired of constantly buying giant rolls of plastic sheeting.

jjhill
03-26-2009, 02:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTPX12LJi4&feature=channel_page

Coroner
03-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Just jack off, dude. No, seriously, being depressed because of a chick is kind of irrational and drinking and taking pills ridiculous. That´s like "November Rain" by Guns ´n Roses, man. How to deal with it depends on for how long you know the chick.

LennyKoopa
03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I have only posted once on this board and I saw this and wanted to respond. Time doesn’t always heal a broken heart. It has been a year in a half for me and my heart is still broken. I have tried everything to move on but I haven’t been able too. I’ve buried myself in work, I buried myself in the gym, tried drinking myself to death. I’ve dated and tried to forget her with other women but I just wind up using them and dumping them. I only see her face when I’m with someone else. Not a day or minute goes by that I don’t think about her. Sometimes I just break down. When I reflect back on our relationship I wish I would have done things different, I wish I would have done the things she asked me too. I was in a very bad and confusing time in my life. I pray everyday that she will contact me and give me another chance. The only thing that keeps me going is hope, the hope that there is still love in her heart for me. She knows I would do anything in the world to get her back and I would do whatever she wants. But she refrains from talking to me or contacting me for fear that her feelings will come out and she will be vulnerable. It’s so true you never know what you have until you lose it. I know I will never love anyone again as much as I love her. I am very much like my father. It’s been 30 yrs since my parents divorced and my father never got over my mother. He never married again and never had a long relationship again. Yes he is a very lonely old man and I fear I will suffer the same fate barring some miracle I get another chance.

I feel for you buddy. At times I feel hopeless about meeting someone new when I know she cares for me but is probably out with someone forgetting about me. I remember when my first love and I broke up, it felt like the world was ending and I thought I cared about her more than anything. Granted the person I miss now, I feel as though that was something even more special. I really feel like my greatest fear is not that of death, but that of living a lonely life.

That said, I truly believe that the best thing to help you, is to surround yourself with friends if you have any. I know it being heartbroken hurts, but it hurts a lot less when you can share it with someone else.

I hope things get better for you and the op.

jjhill
03-28-2009, 12:03 AM
are you over it yet?

Norma
03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
:wink: First off, take your heart off your sleeve for fucking'ever. You're only allowed one broken heart per lifetime (for the heartbreaker AND the heartbroken), anything more and you're either a sadist or a masochist. You must learn from what happened, and not let it happen again.

Go into future relationships with your guard up higher than it was the previous time (even if the first time your guard was not up at all), and continue to do so till you find your soul mate.

That one(first) time you get heartbroken, should teach you how to deal with relationships the rest of your life.

LennyKoopa
03-28-2009, 03:51 AM
:wink: First off, take your heart off your sleeve for fucking'ever. You're only allowed one broken heart per lifetime (for the heartbreaker AND the heartbroken), anything more and you're either a sadist or a masochist. You must learn from what happened, and not let it happen again.

Go into future relationships with your guard up higher than it was the previous time (even if the first time your guard was not up at all), and continue to do so till you find your soul mate.

That one(first) time you get heartbroken, should teach you how to deal with relationships the rest of your life.

I disagree with you. I could understand if you are going out and falling in love all the time with people and feeling heartbroken after being with someone for a month or so. However, some people are devoted and passionate towards their partner. There's no real reason to go in with your guard up higher because you should not treat a new relationship different because of something that happened in the past, or you could end up losing out on the possibility of finding out if the person is actually your "soul mate."

I think it's pretty good that you are discussing this on the forum and hopefully it will help for you to be able to talk about it and relate with others that have felt the way you do.

Jericho
03-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Go out, get pissed, make a damn fool of yourself.
Feel like shit while you sober up.
Feel embarrassed at all the shit you talked once you've sobered up.
Put your armour back on and go look for the next love of your life.

phobun
03-28-2009, 04:10 AM
I dont know how to cope, I just drink and take pills! how do I survive?
This attitude might have been the reason she dumped you.
Girls like self-confident, strong guys. Not forlorn, whiny wimps.
Go lift weights and eat well and be productive. If you decide things will get better, they probably will. Attitude is everything.

russtafa
03-28-2009, 04:55 AM
fuck some whore till she crys and you laugh=the best

happychris
03-28-2009, 05:14 AM
Listen to Mark Morrison's Return of the Mack over and over and over again. And drink.

jjhill
03-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Listen to Mark Morrison's Return of the Mack over and over and over again. And drink.

Good answer good answer!

LennyKoopa
03-28-2009, 05:53 AM

+1

Best advice of the thread.

Alyssa87
03-28-2009, 06:06 AM
this song came to mind when i saw this title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yvsU4SNWPA

sooo freggin good.

Steve-Oh
03-28-2009, 09:04 AM
I forgot what it's like to have a heart, but your title made me think of this old classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COqUjfrB8dI

hippifried
03-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Superglue!

Fueler
03-28-2009, 10:44 AM

I feel your pain man, I'm going through the same thing.

jjhill
03-28-2009, 02:37 PM

sooo freggin good.

need i say more about your amazing taste in music???

Alyssa87
03-28-2009, 03:02 PM

sooo freggin good.

8)

*hey- u should add a lil anecdote about me in your sig.
feelin kinda left out ova heah

jjhill
03-28-2009, 03:10 PM

sooo freggin good.

8)

*hey- u should add a lil anecdote about me in your sig.
feelin kinda left out ova heah

Hope you like it! It's oh so true, :D

Alyssa87
03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
thats better!

jjhill
03-28-2009, 03:18 PM
thats better!

I'm glad you like it! 8)