PDA

View Full Version : I hate united airlines....................

MrsKellyPierce
03-24-2009, 03:27 AM
:x :evil:

So guys I haven't been online for the past three days, because I've been trying to get home! I was supposed to leave Friday at 8:45 am mind you I get to the airport two hours before this! By the time I got through the electronic ticket line it was 8:15 due to the fact they didn't have enough workers to handle the huge crowd for spring break at LAX making me a minute late! So because I was a minute late they wouldn't take my bags and made me rebook my flight for a later one. After waiting in that line for 45 minutes (my original plane now gone) I checked my bag in as a stand by since the flight was said to be full but the lady assured me I would get on! Then when I get to my gate and start looking at stand bys I realize I am number 25 on the list. I know there aren't going to be 25 seats left on a fully booked airplane! So I had to book it to the next gate along with 6 other guys that were talking to me while waiting to the next flight that left at 12:30 p.m. but guess what that one was full to and the next one and the next one after that! Even if I would of made the last two flights I would of missed my connection flight!

So I complain at customer service they book me for the next day at 7 am to leave to go home. I stay in a hotel that night calming myself saying it's a weekend and springbreak. I again show up early two hours, I get through security, and hey I even get on the plane! But as we are taxing out to leave they are called back cause of some malfunction with the plane! Taking an hour so guess what I missed my connection once again! I get to Chicago at least, I was hopeful cause I looked on the depature screen and see that there is another flight to Peoria at 4:41 but that hope turned into sadness because it was fully booked and I was number 10 on that list! So I again wait in line for customer service for another hour and a half, because during the time we are waiting they had to do a shift change. The lady attendant wasn't hearing it but luckily there was a guy there that helped me out! Saying because it was our fault they'd put me up in a hotel and they gave me a 15 dollar food voucher. All I had was my purse my bag was in Peoria already as of last Friday. So here I am I take the shuttle to the Wyndham where they had me stay wearing the same clothes I wore since Friday! I had to wash my clothes in the bathtub and dry them with the hotel hair dryer which took hours!

Finally I get to the airport and get on the Peoria flight when once again we had a malfunction I was so pissssssssssssssssssed. There was treading on the tire and they had to have us get off the plane so they could change the tire. Omg it must of been the Dr. Odea hormones because I am surprised I wasn't killing someone or screaming because all and all I was pretty calm lol Luckily it took them only 15 minutes to do this we all boarded and 35 minutes home once up in the air and my bag was there so yes it ended happily. HOWEVER I will never fly any other airline besides southwest or delta at least I know they get me to where I want to be. FUCK OFF UNITED AIRLINES! I did write them a formal complaint I doubt they will do a thing about it. Since I wasn't the only ones that had this issue because there 20 other people booked in the same hotel as me from my plane.

baracutay00
03-24-2009, 04:46 AM
Hey Kelly....FYI if u have an electronic tkt u CAN check in at the self check in kiosk. Meaning u dont need to speak to a person there u can do everything...

LilWyte
03-24-2009, 04:50 AM
daaaam that is brutal

MrsKellyPierce
03-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Hey Kelly....FYI if u have an electronic tkt u CAN check in at the self check in kiosk. Meaning u dont need to speak to a person there u can do everything...you have to check your bag babe even when you kiosk and all the kiosk were fulll from other people.....which actually that is what I did is Kiosked

Ts CinthyaNY
03-24-2009, 04:58 AM
Hard time you had... Sorry to hear it took you so long to finally arrive to your place... It's horrible, I had once that going on and what it seems to be a 2 hours flight it turn to be a 18 hours , so not only this airline but most of them . Northwest = Northworst ... hard shit we have to go trough every time we travel, I get used to and with the online check in it's even faster.

Love...

Cinthya.

CORVETTEDUDE
03-24-2009, 05:22 AM
You DO realize, United Airlines is Number#1 in the industry, when it comes to late or cancelled flights!!!

See the USA, in your Chevrolet!!!

Alyssa87
03-24-2009, 05:30 AM
i say you go on a complaining rampage on every review site concerning airlines.

Willie Escalade
03-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Don't the Bulls play in the United Center? :oops:

Seriously, I'm sorry to hear about all of the drama. I don't fly much, so I can't recommend another airline. Maybe next time you come to LA, try landing at Bob Hope or Long Beach.

yngnwburbsguy
03-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Glad you finally made it home. Sorry about your long trip!

RACQUEL
03-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Kelly,how about Delta leaving me in Atlanta for 3 days cause I missed my Flight out of Tampa>On the third day I bought a walkup ticket on AirTran for 275 1 way! That was 7 years ago,will never fly Delta again.Ive done OK with United Boston to San Fran 2 years in a row. SouthWest+AirTran have been great for me. RACQUEL

MrsKellyPierce
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
^^ its so crazy but this is bound to happen when you are traveling a lot.

I have done that Alyssa complain complain complain

Jericho
03-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Complain?
You should be paying 'em extra!

Remember how happy you were to get home, slam the door behind you, kick off yer shoes and plonk yer ass in yer favourite chair?

You can't buy that sense of euphoria. It like being deperate for a piss and then letting go!

DL_NL
03-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your experiences, Kelly. In fact, airline cockups and travel stress are the reasons I've stopped vacationing in the US.