PDA

View Full Version : My interview With National Geographic - Thailand

Danielle Foxx
03-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Yesterday NatGeo Magazine was doing a story on SRS GRS in Thailand and I was asked to be interviewed. They had a reporter and a photographer who were extremely nice but we spoke through a translator.

They were the typical questions about transition and how I felt and what was my life message so I am hoping to get a copy of it. At least I will be able to see the pictures lol

They did a few beauty shots and this was my first interview as an advocate for trans women. I was very honest about all of my practices and hopefully I am going to be able to be a more positive influence on not just trans women but also show others our human side.

xoxo

Danielle

Alyssa87
03-21-2009, 03:20 AM
very very cool!

looking forward to reading it when it's released.

and i feel pretty safe with you as my spokesperson.

Bigguy
03-21-2009, 06:24 AM
Any idea when it will be out? I've been getting that magazine for over 25 years, it should be a good read.

Mac_Hine
03-21-2009, 06:35 AM
i can't wait to look at the thai moon speak and pretend i know what it's saying

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 07:14 AM
congrats!

Danielle Foxx
03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
The clinic said they would send me a copy when it is out, ofcorse I will keep everyone informed. But I think it will be in Thai so I am not sure if it will be out in the US so I hope.

Distance
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
That's really nice. Hope you post the pdfs. Translated. :lol:
I always wonder how transexuals see post op transexuals. Wouldn't anyone wanting to look like a full woman consider an operation in the end? Maybe I am generalizing too much with such a statement/question, hum. It's good you bring the attention of the general public through such a class magazine. But remember: attention seeking = disturbed. :lol:

JanetElise
03-21-2009, 07:13 PM
The clinic said they would send me a copy when it is out, ofcorse I will keep everyone informed. But I think it will be in Thai so I am not sure if it will be out in the US so I hope.

Since it's a free televised show I could rip the dvd for you and
post it somewhere.

I would be more than happy to do so or if you know how you
could do it yourself.