PDA

View Full Version : BSG Finale

jaycanuck
03-19-2009, 11:13 PM
BSG. Guesses? Thoughts? It all ends tomorrow night.

NYBURBS
03-19-2009, 11:22 PM
BSG. Guesses? Thoughts? It all ends tomorrow night.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. Really it is the only show on television that I make a point to watch every week. I am sad that it is coming to an end, but also excited to see how they finish it up.

jaycanuck
03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Seems like it was yesterday it started. I was living on the east coast then and decided to give the pilot a shot. Hooked since. Baltar will play some deciding role at the end. Redemption for what he did....who knows. They also mentioned another skin job that didn't make it....Daniel. He died or something. I'm thinking that may come up sometime tomorrow too. Watch it's Dirk Bennedict.

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Very happy with the way they wrapped that up.

alpha2117
03-21-2009, 11:58 AM
meh. I actually called almost this exact ending 3 seasons back. Thats not a good thing. It just means it was a bit preictable, one athena got preggers I knew where it was going.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Loved it, loved it, loved it

few questions:
1. I was wrong about Kara (Starbuck) she was somehow( probably due to them writing her back in the story after the bionic woman series got canned) an angel, but what about Baltar was he a cylon in the end? That whole skit puzzled me...

2. Whatever happened to the raptors and the fighter jets left after all the ships were flown into the sun??? hmmmmm

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 03:03 PM

few questions:
1. I was wrong about Kara (Starbuck) she was somehow( probably due to them writing her back in the story after the bionic woman series got canned) an angel, but what about Baltar was he a cylon in the end? That whole skit puzzled me...

2. Whatever happened to the raptors and the fighter jets left after all the ships were flown into the sun??? hmmmmm

I kinda slipped up at the end too Johnny..but you noticed Six and Baltar at the end were dressed like their visions? Baltar also said "you know I don't like that name.". The visions supposedly are God / angels..or at least Baltar. The reason they look like Baltar and Six is because that's how they appeared to Baltar and Six throughout the show. It's just a continuation of that image.

Starbuck did die. She was an angel...or she existed as someone who had a mission to fulfill before she left to "heaven" or whatever. I read some online liken her character to Jesus...but I'll stick with the angel version.

The space battle, the cyclical aspect of Earth being like Cobal and us developing robots to look like humans. Hera being "the missing link". All great stuff.

As for the raptors and Vipers. I would assume that they were eventually destroyed once everyone was settled. Whether they kept any communication devices or not..I missed that. I assume not as Lee wanted to start fresh.

matrixdave
03-21-2009, 04:43 PM
LOVED THE FINALE NEAT HOW THEY SHOW ROBOTS AT THE END. AND HOW IT RELATES TO MAN BUILT THE CYLONS.OVERALL FANTASTIC KICKASS SHOW!!! 8)

unctrld1
03-21-2009, 04:48 PM

few questions:

I kinda slipped up at the end too Johnny..but you noticed Six and Baltar at the end were dressed like their visions? Baltar also said "you know I don't like that name.". The visions supposedly are God / angels..or at least Baltar. The reason they look like Baltar and Six is because that's how they appeared to Baltar and Six throughout the show. It's just a continuation of that image.

Starbuck did die. She was an angel...or she existed as someone who had a mission to fulfill before she left to "heaven" or whatever. I read some online liken her character to Jesus...but I'll stick with the angel version.

The space battle, the cyclical aspect of Earth being like Cobal and us developing robots to look like humans. Hera being "the missing link". All great stuff.

As for the raptors and Vipers. I would assume that they were eventually destroyed once everyone was settled. Whether they kept any communication devices or not..I missed that. I assume not as Lee wanted to start fresh.

I thought I heard Baltar say "you know HE doesn't like that name"? If he said "I" then that explains a lot.

thefrakkincaptain
03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
There were a few points that I disagreed with on in the finale, but all in all it was great! It's going to be years before a show THAT good comes along again. How bad does that suck?

thefrakkincaptain
03-21-2009, 04:55 PM
I thought I heard Baltar say "you know HE doesn't like that name"? If he said "I" then that explains a lot.

He said: "You know IT doesn't like that name".

BinarynDallas
03-21-2009, 06:06 PM
If you have questions about the ending, some of the actors and writers did a Q&A after the screening of the final episode

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2009/03/20/battlestar-galactica-watched-the-fina
le-still-got-questions-weve-got-answers/

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sciencenotfiction/2009/03/20/battlestar-galactica-watched-the-fina
le-exclusive-interview-with-kevin-grazier-science-advisor/

Personally.. I was a bit disappointing. But hey, the ride was fun while it lasted.

matrixdave
03-21-2009, 06:37 PM
COOL LINKS, ALSO LOVED HOW THEY HAD THE OLD CENTURIONS FIGHT THE NEW ONES THAT WAS KICKASS!!!! SO SAY WE ALL!!! :twisted:

whatislove
03-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Hope everyone is watching Dollhouse... it turned out to be really good.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-21-2009, 06:58 PM
hope I'm not alone in thinking that Caprica series will suck

edit: oh yeah I'm happy for Glen Larson who finally got to tell the story the way he envisioned rather than be bogged down by ABC and their bullshit...........

anyone remember what they did to the original Starbuck? frakkin shame

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 08:05 PM

few questions:

You are totally correct. He did say "he" or "it"...which would follow through with the "guardian angel" theme throughout the whole thing.

jaycanuck
03-21-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll give Caprica a chance. I saw some previews and it shows basically a decadent / devoid-of-moral Caprica and essentially them developing cylons before the ones from earth nuke them. Doubt there'll be many space battles.

thefrakkincaptain
03-21-2009, 10:43 PM
edit: oh yeah I'm happy for Glen Larson who finally got to tell the story the way he envisioned rather than be bogged down by ABC and their bullshit...........

Glen Larson didn't have anything to do with the series. It was produced by Ron Moore and David Eick.

southern81
03-22-2009, 02:52 AM
i thought i was really good but it had 2 drawbacks
1- wanted to see what happed to Applo, Adama 6 and balter, and all the main cast after they broke up.

2- it kind of was a let down that after the wholer series of waiting for Applo and Starback to hook-up she goes off to heaven.

jaycanuck
03-22-2009, 03:00 AM
1- wanted to see what happed to Applo, Adama 6 and balter, and all the main cast after they broke up.

2- it kind of was a let down that after the wholer series of waiting for Applo and Starback to hook-up she goes off to heaven.

The show probably could have been another 30 minutes longer...could have gone a bit more indepth into how they're all living. I guess with the timing they had it was pretty well laid out. I think Baltar Six, Saul and his wife all live in the same colony... Chief buggers off to Scotland...Lee goes off exploring..and Adama just builds a log cabin on a mountain. :) My brother joked that he'll build a new Battlestar out of pine.

southern81
03-22-2009, 03:35 AM

The show probably could have been another 30 minutes longer...could have gone a bit more indepth into how they're all living. I guess with the timing they had it was pretty well laid out. I think Baltar Six, Saul and his wife all live in the same colony... Chief buggers off to Scotland...Lee goes off exploring..and Adama just builds a log cabin on a mountain. :) My brother joked that he'll build a new Battlestar out of pine.

hey i'm really hoping it will be on the Box Set

Cyclops
03-29-2009, 03:32 PM

Oak! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaycanuck
03-29-2009, 03:59 PM
[quote="jaycanuck"][quote=southern81]Oak! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good point. Gotta go with quality.

Jyaku
03-29-2009, 04:35 PM
OMG can't believe I missed this thread.

It was an awesome ending.

Cavil shooting himself when he realized he got double crossed (inadvertantly and unintentionally) was priceless since he took his finger off the trigger. I really didn't want it to end all happy from the cylon side.

Baltar ending up alive and a farmer is poetic justice and was much better than him dying.

I would have liked to see Apollo with a better ending but Starbuck was an angel so she can't stay.. I understood that. The part where she jumps the ship because of the song was one of the highlights.

Tori, omg I hate her. Glad to see tyrol finally gave her what she deserved.

Racetrack's hand of god scene really showed divine intervention at work.

And it was nice to see how Adama didn't want his integrity questioned so he took a broken old bucket of a ship rather than a fat paycheck.

Probably my favorite line in the whole series was.. What do you hear? Nothing but the rain! Glad it ends with one of those.

And Hera.. wow that was really a nice way to end it along with Jimi Hendrix playing All Along the Watchtower with almost a human looking new breed of cylons.

Did we really break the cycle???

<3 that show.

P.S. Roslin had a nice ending but in a way I would have preffered if she went out fighting on the ship, this would fulfill the prophecy of the dying leader not living long enough to see the new world.

Chuck
03-29-2009, 07:03 PM
The premise of the ending is loosely based on the books of Zecharia Sitchin. That the sudden and unexplained advance leading to the first human civilization was caused by a highly advanced alien culture.

I thought it would have been more interesting to see them have to assimilate into a modern earth -- like in BSG 1984. Who remembers that short lived show?

Finales of much loved shows ALWAYS SUCK!!! This was a little better than most. Ironicially I found myself actually liking the way the relationship between Caprica 6 and Baltar closes. No two characters have grown / developed more over the course of the series. That the two most loveless characters could actually become the two most loving characters. I will miss this show.

Jyaku
03-29-2009, 11:04 PM
You know 1 of the best parts of bsg is, none of the major charecters left the show and they had to replace him/ her. Its one of the major good point.. a point I hated in the movie "the dark knight" that maggie gyllehall replaced katie holmes in the batman movies.

jaycanuck
03-29-2009, 11:53 PM
You know 1 of the best parts of bsg is, none of the major charecters left the show and they had to replace him/ her. Its one of the major good point.. a point I hated in the movie "the dark knight" that maggie gyllehall replaced katie holmes in the batman movies.

Great point. This kept you attached to the characters right from the pilot. You also got to see how they went from pristine Caprica to pre civilzation farmer. Even when the Actor who played Billy bowed out they didn't try to replace his character.

Chuck
03-30-2009, 12:40 AM

Great point. This kept you attached to the characters right from the pilot. You also got to see how they went from pristine Caprica to pre civilzation farmer. Even when the Actor who played Billy bowed out they didn't try to replace his character.

What are you guys talking about? Remember when they replaced Apollo with that fat actor for about four or five episodes until Jamie Bamber came back. LOL

cosmopor
04-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Bsg was my favorite show. shame that it ended... :(

raiku9909
04-02-2009, 02:54 AM
i hate to chime in as apparently i'm the only one who was completely dissapointed by the finale and the 4th season in general. A whole lot of wheel spinning for some really crappy ending about angels--ANGELS?!?! COME ON! I was fine with all the mysticism and religious stuff as long as it remained sort of undefined. The God stuff is just a major fucking turn off for me.

and the bit at the end with modern man and our toy robots...could you get any more obvious? it's like they thought the audience was a bunch of 2 year olds.

Should've stopped watching after season 2. Still, it was the best sci-fi show on TV while it was on ;p

jaycanuck
04-02-2009, 04:08 AM
The God stuff is just a major fucking turn off for me.

I think you can look at any religion in sci-fi as just that ... sci-fi....or fantasy..or whatever you want to call it. Same reason I like to watch ghosts or the afterlife in a movie. In the end, no one knows how this all got there.

I consider myself on the fence between atheism and agnosticism and enjoy these types of shows because they show us that hey...Ronald Moore could be talking about Christianity, Buddhism, B'Hai..hell even Scientology. As Baltar said "you know he doesn't like to be called that". Basically he's saying it COULD be God. It COULD also be the big bang he's talking about. Sci-fi lets you come up with your own conclusions because in the end, none of us knows.

Merkurie
05-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Starbuck was the sexiest woman on TV!