PDA

View Full Version : How much of your hair is natural? Head. Not merkin area :P

CaptainGeech
03-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Wigs and extensions seem to be popular in the TS community and I was wondering how much of your hair is yours? Although most of the women here are young is male pattern baldness still a problem or do the hormones many of you take control that chemical in your body?

Mine is all real although I am about to get a buzz cut for the summer. :P

SarahG
03-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Wigs and extensions seem to be popular in the TS community and I was wondering how much of your hair is yours? Although most of the women here are young is male pattern baldness still a problem or do the hormones many of you take control that chemical in your body?

Mine is all real although I am about to get a buzz cut for the summer. :P

Male pattern baldness can be caused by a few things, but the big thing is DHT (a type of male hormone), so being on HRT goes a long way of stopping male pattern baldness.

As to reversing it, not a lot that can be done, especially if the baldness is really far along (someone who is totally bald cannot expect HRT to give them a full head of hair).

That's also why FFS almost always includes a scalp advance to reshape & bring down the hairline.

JHANIAH L0VE
03-16-2009, 02:01 AM
THE REASON MOST OF US WEAR EXTENTIONS IN THE TS COMMUNITY IS BECAUSE.......... WE ARE ALL FUCKING SUPERSTARS!!!!! not that we dont have our own hair we simply just AMPLIFY our beauty with more length and/or extra fullness. some of us dont want to damage our real hair with excessive daily styling. its easier on our real hair if its just hidden underneath.

RubyTS
03-16-2009, 02:13 AM
i dont care for extensions but im considerring adding some more length.

Danielle Foxx
03-16-2009, 02:20 AM
I had some hair transplants and lowered my hairline by 3/4 inch and filled in the sides a bit, but it is all natural and mine.

CaptainGeech
03-16-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the responses. I never thought about the hair damage aspect. I guess it makes sense. My friend dyed her hair for Halloween one year to look like Supergirl and it took a LONG time for it to recover (over a year to get back to normal). She naturally had very dark hair so going so light (blond) did major damage (not to mention it ended up being orange rather than blond). :lol:

jaycanuck
03-16-2009, 03:23 AM
alll natural baby. :P

Danielle Foxx
03-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the responses. I never thought about the hair damage aspect. I guess it makes sense. My friend dyed her hair for Halloween one year to look like Supergirl and it took a LONG time for it to recover (over a year to get back to normal). She naturally had very dark hair so going so light (blond) did major damage (not to mention it ended up being orange rather than blond). :lol:

Did she ever consider a wig? lol

Tarissa
03-16-2009, 05:30 AM
I did extensions for a while but have grown out my own hair and love it. Way cheaper too. I posted about a website called www.longhaircommunity.com mostly women but some long haired guys too. Best free hair advice and some styling too. I liked the free part at first but the advice has been priceless.
Tarissa

Tarissa
03-16-2009, 05:33 AM
I did extensions for a while but have grown out my own hair and love it. Way cheaper too. I posted about a website called www.longhaircommunity.com mostly women but some long haired guys too. Best free hair advice and some styling too. I liked the free part at first but the advice has been priceless.
Tarissa

Danielle Foxx
03-16-2009, 05:35 AM
If I go to an event or fund raiser I wear a 3/4 cap human hair piece or clip ons for some volume. But I would never want to damage my real hair for the sake of vanity.

susi1045
03-16-2009, 06:06 AM
been lucky all is my hair..extensions are too much work i think

CaptainGeech
03-16-2009, 07:01 AM

Did she ever consider a wig? lol

I think she wanted to try going lighter in life as well. Lesson learned. She hasn't done anything like that since.

meghanchavalier
03-16-2009, 07:20 AM
My hair is all my own...but I do have like 20 wigs and I'm not afraid to wear them. 8)

Willie Escalade
03-16-2009, 09:20 AM
I was starting to bald a bit, so I just shaved my head. :wink:

Coroner
03-16-2009, 02:57 PM
THE REASON MOST OF US WEAR EXTENTIONS IN THE TS COMMUNITY IS BECAUSE.......... WE ARE ALL FUCKING SUPERSTARS!!!!!

LMAO.

Btw, is she wearing a wig?

LibertyHarkness
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
All my pubic hair is my own :) hehe