PDA

View Full Version : RIP Hugh Jarrod

Felicia Katt
03-15-2009, 06:15 AM
I just learned that Hugh passed away today, after a brave battle with cancer. He was 38. He used to be a very active poster here, though he hasn't been on here much in the last year or two.

He and I had some conflicts online but they were resolved and replaced by friendship. We never met and we hadn't communicated much over the last few years, but he kept me in his top friends on Myspace and I kept him in my thoughts and prayers as I knew what he was facing, privately and bravely. I guess I will be on his Myspace forever. and he will now be in my thoughts forever too.

RIP Hugh

FK

GroobySteven
03-15-2009, 06:25 AM
Oh fucking hell. Seriously?

That's horrible.

jesseflo
03-15-2009, 06:43 AM
OMG!!!! really? how awful! :cry: such a shame. r.i.p.

blckhaze
03-15-2009, 06:47 AM
RIP

Chaotic
03-15-2009, 07:00 AM
My condolences to his freinds and family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiAuPPmg40o

flabbybody
03-15-2009, 07:09 AM
holy shit

yodajazz
03-15-2009, 07:11 AM
I remember him as a good man, and very knowledgable on trans issues. Thanks for letting us know cousin Felicia.

At my age I have been to a lot of funerals. I recently came to realize that at every single one they mostly talked about what the person loved. So I now understand that as the legacy for all of us. I doubt that at Hugh's funeral they will talk about his passion for trans issues. But we here who read his posts know some of what he really loved.

Felicia Katt
03-15-2009, 07:24 AM
I remember him as a good man, and very knowledgable on trans issues. Thanks for letting us know cousin Felicia.

At my age I have been to a lot of funerals. I recently came to realize that at every single one they mostly talked about what the person loved. So I now understand that as the legacy for all of us. I doubt that at Hugh's funeral they will talk about his passion for trans issues. But we here who read his posts know some of what he really loved.

Without going into any great detail, his family was told he was a valued and respected member of an online community that will be deeply saddened and diminished by his passing

FK

Fox
03-15-2009, 07:53 AM
Wow... I saw many of his past posts on this forum and more recent ones on another. I'm sorry to hear that...

RIP, Hugh.

phobun
03-15-2009, 08:36 AM
I just learned that Hugh passed away today, after a brave battle with cancer. He was 38. He used to be a very active poster here, though he hasn't been on here much in the last year or two.

He and I had some conflicts online but they were resolved and replaced by friendship. We never met and we hadn't communicated much over the last few years, but he kept me in his top friends on Myspace and I kept him in my thoughts and prayers as I knew what he was facing, privately and bravely. I guess I will be on his Myspace forever. and he will now be in my thoughts forever too.

RIP Hugh

FK
This is horrible. He was so young, what kind of cancer was it?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-15-2009, 09:44 AM
felicia mentioned this in chat. Rip hugh.

TrueBeauty TS
03-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Dennis,

I'll never forget the first time we interacted - we HATED eachother! We had some mean, nasty fights. But somewhere along the line, and I don't even remember exactly when, we became civil to one another, and then even became friends.

I still laugh at myself when I think about how long it took me to "get" your screen name. lol

You once gave me your phone number but I lost it and I never did get the chance to talk to you on the phone. I wish I did, now.

I wish I could say I knew you better, I don't even know your last name. But even though I only knew you though the tranny boards, I still feel your absence.

The internet just became a little more lonlier, and the world became a little more empty.

Take care, "Huge Rod".

Take care, Dennis.

I miss you already.

Felicia Katt
03-15-2009, 09:55 AM

RIP Hugh

FK
This is horrible. He was so young, what kind of cancer was it?
It was bone cancer.

FK

TsVanessa69
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
RIP

hwbs
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
wow that is sad...he was a real god guy

Jericho
03-15-2009, 02:39 PM
Cancer's a fuck of a thing, the scourge of our times.

Never knew him, but came across some of his old posts occasionally.
He seemed like a good guy. And to go so young...SMH
RIP

TomSelis
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.

RIP HUGH.

Quinn
03-15-2009, 04:00 PM
RIP, Hugh.

-Quinn

BeardedOne
03-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Just read of this elsewhere. Especially sad that he was only 38. Hell, that's when a lot of people only just start living. :(

Coroner
03-15-2009, 06:45 PM
My condolences to his family and friends. Unfortunately, I don´t remember his nickname on this forum but I´m really sad to read all this. A friend of mine has been hospitalized once again (he has lung cancer) and I´ve lost some friends and relatives to cancer before. :(

AsiaMei
03-15-2009, 06:50 PM
r.i.p.

elo
03-15-2009, 07:33 PM
My condolences to his family and friends. Unfortunately, I don´t remember his nickname on this forum but I´m really sad to read all this. A friend of mine has been hospitalized once again (he has lung cancer) and I´ve lost some friends and relatives to cancer before. :(
Hugh Jarrod
Professional Poster
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Quijibowe/Adjustments/Burner-Coaster.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/hughjarrod

Coroner
03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Hugh Jarrod
Professional Poster
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h319/Quijibowe/Adjustments/Burner-Coaster.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/hughjarrod

Thank you, elo.

Harrys Boy
03-15-2009, 11:33 PM
I remember how he used to post so often, its very sad and well done to felicia for posting this for all of us..

Caramel
03-16-2009, 12:36 AM
God Awful news but thanks for letting us know. R.I.P. Hugh.

Azanti
03-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Dam, 6 people I know have died from the BIG C in the last 3 months alone.

Mugai_hentaisha
03-16-2009, 01:49 AM
Too many people lost this year alone to lose another one.

RIP Hugh

glenntinnyc
03-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Sad to hear
38 is so young

CORVETTEDUDE
03-17-2009, 06:12 AM
This is not Good-bye, HJ. I'll see you on a later date, and under much better circumstances.

DJ_Asia
03-17-2009, 07:01 AM
Sorry to hear that...RIP my friend

Mr_Choc69
03-17-2009, 06:58 PM
RIP.

Joe Blow
03-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Gone but never forgotten. RIP Hugh.

LG
03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Sad to hear this...especially considering how young he was.

I remember some of his posts from a while back. He seemed like a good guy.

May he rest in peace.

andyuk
03-18-2009, 02:16 AM
RIP

LAGent4ts
03-18-2009, 07:03 AM
I got to know Hugh about 2 years ago. Did not know him as well as others, but you could always count on Hugh to tell it like it was, honest till the day is long, a keen sense of humor with a quick wit, and respect for the individual. I hope the next chapter brings you more happiness and less pain then the one you just completed. Im glad our paths crossed.

Herkyalert
03-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Damn I do remember him. RIP.