PDA

View Full Version : Kimber James First TS Covergirl for AVN Europe!!!

GroobySteven
03-13-2009, 10:42 PM
http://kimberjamesblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kjavneurope.jpg

AVN Europe has Kimber James as their first ever transsexual covergirl in their March Issue - promoting her DVD "Kimber James" by Buddy Wood which got a whacking 9/10.

Read the full review at Kimber James Blog (http://www.kimberjamesblog.com")

rick_932
03-14-2009, 04:50 AM
good news. congrats to kimber

Danielle Foxx
03-14-2009, 04:52 AM

Buddy Wood
03-14-2009, 05:22 AM
There's no interview. There's a review of our DVD within the magazine which she's on the cover of...

Danielle Foxx
03-14-2009, 05:25 AM

Buddy Wood
03-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Is there something bad about looking gorgeous on the cover of a magazine with a great review of your DVD in it? Surprise!!

And I'm pretty sure she knew about it way before I did. She mentioned it to me weeks ago. I didn't know it would be a pic I took with a review of our DVD.

Don't you have an elephant you could be riding right now or doing something fun in Thailand?

Danielle Foxx
03-14-2009, 05:56 AM

Buddy Wood
03-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Ohhhhhh wow ok.

Tell Hazel I said hi.

AllanahStarrNYC
03-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Oh I am proud of my daughter... :)

GroobySteven
03-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Did you write the interview or did she?

It's not an interview it's a review of her DVD.
At least check out the facts before deciding to make comments and hijack a post as I thought it was fairly relevant that a transsexual made the cover on a generally mainstream magazine.

JanetElise
03-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Ho hum.....

I am growing bored of Kimber.
Sorry but she has taken her transition
a bit too far.

Danielle Foxx
03-14-2009, 09:44 AM

GroobySteven
03-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Did you write the interview or did she?

It's not an interview it's a review of her DVD.
At least check out the facts before deciding to make comments and hijack a post as I thought it was fairly relevant that a transsexual made the cover on a generally mainstream magazine.

I did that is why I made a comment, but I think it has a deeper meaning then you may think...

I don't think anything of the comment - deep or shallow. Can't really be arsed with tranny subterfuge right now thanks, a bit busy - thought you'd be too busy also, enjoying the beauty of Thailand.

Danielle Foxx
03-14-2009, 09:59 AM

GroobySteven
03-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Still don't understand sorry.

Danielle Foxx
03-14-2009, 12:14 PM

Castor_Troy05
03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Well done for getting cover of a magazine I've never heard of.

Get onto the front of FHM GQ, Maxim or Sports Illustrated, and then I'll go yay over this.

Kimber has Blunted* for me

*Blunted : A term used to describe something which, while originally may have been good, has been overused so much you're sick to death of it. i.e James Blunts You're Beautiful

GroobySteven
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Well done for getting cover of a magazine I've never heard of.

Get onto the front of FHM GQ, Maxim or Sports Illustrated, and then I'll go yay over this.

Kimber has Blunted* for me

*Blunted : A term used to describe something which, while originally may have been good, has been overused so much you're sick to death of it. i.e James Blunts You're Beautiful

Well you've never heard of it but plenty of people in the adult industry have - and it's they who will propigate transsexuals into more mainstream websites.
You've never heard of it? Show's your lack of awareness not ours. Get over yourself if you've nothing positive to say, don't be a tit.

WendyWilliams
03-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Promotion is Promotion whether you do it yourself or someone does it for you is great for not only the niche but that individual. My only concern is that Kimber has gotten all this amazing press but isnt doing anything with it........... Besides surgery, parties and Christian what is she doing to say THANKYOU back to the Industry? I hope to see some new projects, some groundbreaking work or something.

It just kills me because the girls who have the most potential and all the big companies behind them do nothing with it while others have to work their tale off to just keep their head above water!

Congrats to Grooby for the dvd press and too Kimber for yet another first.

Danielle Foxx
03-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Promotion is Promotion whether you do it yourself or someone does it for you is great for not only the niche but that individual. My only concern is that Kimber has gotten all this amazing press but isnt doing anything with it........... Besides surgery, parties and Christian what is she doing to say THANKYOU back to the Industry? I hope to see some new projects, some groundbreaking work or something.

It just kills me because the girls who have the most potential and all the big companies behind them do nothing with it while others have to work their tale off to just keep their head above water!

Congrats to Grooby for the dvd press and too Kimber for yet another first.

Why should she do any more work when she isn't seeing revenue? You don't give her enough credit in this cituation.

Altho I am sure she is thrilled to be on the cover of a magazine as a model her job is to get payed for the use of her name, unfortunately there is a deeper issue lurking around her.

Kimber, I wish you strength and that you soon stand up for yourself and claim your name - be strong and grab a hold of your hard earned career

WendyWilliams
03-15-2009, 01:32 AM
No I agree that all models should profit from their own images but she could benefit if she used the press towards new dvd ventures, hits to her website, etccc. Grooby is a powerful company in our genre Im sure as much as they are crazy about her she could benefit from it somehow.

I am not sure what the underlying issue is that you speak of but Im only speaking of but she could do alot with exisiting press.

Hope Thailand is rocking :) And I want to go next time!

Danielle Foxx
03-15-2009, 01:40 AM
No I agree that all models should profit from their own images but she could benefit if she used the press towards new dvd ventures, hits to her website, etccc. Grooby is a powerful company in our genre Im sure as much as they are crazy about her she could benefit from it somehow.

I am not sure what the underlying issue is that you speak of but Im only speaking of but she could do alot with exisiting press.

Hope Thailand is rocking :) And I want to go next time!

Maybe you should ask Grooby that question...

Thailand is awesome girl. You should come sometime!

Sorry I missed ya in LA xoxo

GroobySteven
03-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Well as Kimber profits directly from every sale of the DVD (when it turns profit ... and given it's only been out 2 months, of course it hasn't yet) I'd say yes, the promotion is excellent because it's going to encourage more distributors and stores to want to stock it.

I would have thought that your boss would have explained this to you?

Furthermore, the more popular a model is and the more sales that they get a website, then the more likely they are to be re-hired or contracted for other companies based on that popularity.

Fan sites like Hungangels.com make their money from promoting and selling such sites or products.

Danielle Foxx
03-15-2009, 03:06 AM
Well as Kimber profits directly from every sale of the DVD (when it turns profit ... and given it's only been out 2 months, of course it hasn't yet) I'd say yes, the promotion is excellent because it's going to encourage more distributors and stores to want to stock it.

Furthermore, the more popular a model is and the more sales that they get a website, then the more likely they are to be re-hired or contracted for other companies based on that popularity.

Fan sites like Hungangels.com make their money from promoting and selling such sites or products.

I am my own boss, I have my own company and get contracted as an independent contractor. But most importantly I own my name and have direct control over my name " Danielle Foxxx ". I was lucky to have met someone who had my best interest at heart as opposed to his own when I first started.

GroobySteven
03-15-2009, 03:34 AM

I am my own boss, I have my own company and get contracted as an independent contractor. But most importantly I own my name and have direct control over my name " Danielle Foxxx ". I was lucky to have met someone who had my best interest at heart as opposed to his own when I first started.

Yes you have a great employer, both his sites and ours work very closely in selling each other which is a good advantage to have over people with less integrity in the industry.
I'm not sure what you mean "direct control" over your name? Most models I know, own their own domain names and I've advised a few on how to get them back, but any company you've modeled for, can use your name in the promotion and selling of that product (check a standard model release).

I think maybe you've picked up on half a story here so let me explain how promotion works for this part of the industry and how people from this site (HA), can make money - as well as the models who have their own products.
Let's take TS Jesse for example. I didn't get to meet her until AVN (at same time I met Kelly and Natassia for the first times) but I really thought she was cool and in my opinion, under promoted. We bought a domain to promote her better which works as a blog. Since end of January we've made quite a few sales to her website which is operated by Shemale Club of which she gets a direct cut. Without our blog, she'd never have made those sales. We also make sales to Bob's, Shemale Strokers, Kink and of course, some to Shemale Yum as she appears on all of those. Those sites will see the sales coming from this blog and appreciate that Jesse is a good seller and should retain her to do more work (as we have done) - they will also see the fan feedback left on the site we run (TSJesseblog.com). It's clear that this is a fan blog and in no way intends or pretends to be "Jesse's Blog".

Similarly, we have affiliates who have bought names that allude to ShemaleYum (or other sites of ours ie; japanshemaleblog.com). They work to attract people to their site and then they sell Shemale Japan or other Asian sites to the customers - making themselves money and of course, we get customers we may not have got through our own means.

If we started DanielleFoxxblog.com which is a possibility, we'd obviously sell all sites that you were on - and your own products. This should make you happy as we'd be a reseller for your product and no different to any store or VOD that you might have sold your product to.

Anybody wishing to find out more about selling Grooby websites and starting their own blogs or fan sites should check out Grooby Bucks (http://www.groobybucks.com) where we also have a list of other excellent websites you can promote like Bobs, Shemale Strokers, Wendy Williams, KimberJames, KellyShore, Shemale Club, SexxyJade, TS, Jesse, VickiRichter, TS Foxxy, etc.

Danielle, I'd be more than happy to meet up the next time I'm in LA. I need to get together with Sammi anyway and hoping to see him next month so maybe we can all get together and discuss ways to promote each other more efficiently.
seanchai

T Oracle
03-15-2009, 05:14 AM
AVN Europe???

Kimber James, as in US, the face of Europe???

Ms D Foxx has worked out the angle here.

As a matter of interest, does AVN Europe exist? I thought AVN was 110% US.

GroobySteven
03-15-2009, 05:16 AM
AVN Europe???

Kimber James, as in US, the face of Europe???

Ms D Foxx has worked out the angle here.

As a matter of interest, does AVN Europe exist? I thought AVN was 110% US.

No it doesn't exist - I made it up :roll:
http://avneurope.com/site/start.php

So your saying a DVD made in the USA can't be sold in Europe? Well how about you keep all your fucking Michael Bay movies then! :-)

Danielle Foxx
03-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Any dealings with Sammy and his company should be addressed directly to him, I am not employed by his company nor do I speak on his behalf. Like I said, I am a private contractor and what I say to you is my own personal opinion and what I get to hear from those who aren't clearly informed of how their name will be used.

This is none of my business, I just thought I'd bring it up so that you know there is an issue that cannot be overlooked any longer.

GroobySteven
03-15-2009, 05:33 AM
This is none of my business, I just thought I'd bring it up so that you know there is an issue that cannot be overlooked any longer.

If it's none of your business why did you bring anything up? Maybe you should stay out of things unless you know the facts.

PSL4u
03-15-2009, 07:39 AM
/popcorn

Danielle Foxx
03-15-2009, 08:40 AM
That's right Pimp Daddy - It's none of my business

Good thing is not my money, you would have heard from my lawyers a while ago.

Buddy Wood
03-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Wow.

AVN Europe huhhh? Pretty cool.

GroobySteven
03-15-2009, 09:57 AM
That's right Pimp Daddy - It's none of my business

Good thing is not my money, you would have heard from my lawyers a while ago.

Danielle
As much as what you hear about me ... diatribe about you is reaching me all the time, I just choose to see it as irrelevant.
I tried to reach out to you on a number of occasions on a professional level but obviously your above all that.
Keep to your own projects and I'll keep to mine.

Good luck.