PDA

View Full Version : CAR TALK ---------

Mr_Choc69
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Fellas and Ladies,

In your opinion - what is the best sports car under $60k currently in production.

I'm voting for the Vette.

Let's hear your thoughts.

bellamy
03-11-2009, 07:06 PM
How bout this one http://www.lotuscars.com/eliseSC.html

Mr_Choc69
03-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Solid Choice. Nice weight vs HP Ratio

BLKGSXR
03-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Fail on lotus no offense,they are not Ideal for common sized people.Mainly people 5'6 and up.Power+weight is great though.

CORVETTEDUDE
03-11-2009, 10:29 PM
For performance, driveability, safety, fuel economy and price, you cannot beat the Corvette!!! For 60 Grand, you can get a very nicely equipped Coupe.

BLKGSXR
03-11-2009, 10:30 PM
For performance, driveability, safety, fuel economy and price, you cannot beat the Corvette!!! For 60 Grand, you can get a very nicely equipped Coupe.60 grand is also a good amount for a Down payment on a HOME...which some people need these days.Just saying....

CORVETTEDUDE
03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
For performance, driveability, safety, fuel economy and price, you cannot beat the Corvette!!! For 60 Grand, you can get a very nicely equipped Coupe.60 grand is also a good amount for a Down payment on a HOME...which some people need these days.Just saying....

You make a good point. Since I sell Corvettes, I can tell you that over 90% of Corvette buyers, like Porsche, Ferrari, etc., do so with what we call "Disposable Income"(they can afford it and, it's burnin' a hole in their pocket)!

BLKGSXR
03-11-2009, 10:46 PM

You make a good point. Since I sell Corvettes, I can tell you that over 90% of Corvette buyers, like Porsche, Ferrari, etc., do so with what we call "Disposable Income"(they can afford it and, it's burnin' a hole in their pocket)!are people still buying though? what i mean is are they buying morally nowadays.
my aspect on life is if you dont have the money to buy it or at least half at once dont go for it.

Dave32111
03-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Personally, I wouldn't buy new, so how about a 2004 911 GT3? You might find one newer, but I don't know the market right now.

trannybanger
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Personally, I wouldn't buy new, so how about a 2004 911 GT3? You might find one newer, but I don't know the market right now.

I am with you man, that is exactly the route I would take. Much better ride.

theremin
03-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Reliant Robin

:wink:

volk88
03-11-2009, 11:51 PM
PAY $35k ...invest 10k and smoke every thing under $200k and even most above that too! ahhhh the beauty of AWD TURBO!!

BLKGSXR
03-11-2009, 11:56 PM
PAY $35k ...invest 10k and smoke every thing under $200k and even most above that too! ahhhh the beauty of AWD TURBO!!10k haha no sir Much much more for a EVO to shit on anything...Turbo upgrades alone should cost damn near 3k-Excluding Labor.
Then u need NEW FORGED: Valves-Springs-Cams.PNP is nice at this time.
New Pistons-Rings-Rods-Blueprint the crank. if you dont buy a new one.
Id prefer a new clutch kit.
All that work easily over 10k sir.
This is all for basic stuff without new Sleeves Basically.Which I prefer doing that destroying my Engine block.
The following are just estimations
New sleeves-500-1000
Crank(blueprint/balanced)-300
New Crank pre-balanced-400-Eagle
Pistons-700
Rods-500
Valves+Springs can go for 500
Retainers-250-300
Rings-40-200Depending on Brand
Camshafts-500
Cam Gears-150-200
Clutch kit-XTD 300
I like clutchmasters-350
PNP(port and Polish)-stage 1-500
Stage 2-1000
Stage 3-1300
that alone without LABOR is far enough Labor on something like this would probably be damn near a couple grand.Which I would charge since it isnt a small job.

volk88
03-12-2009, 12:00 AM
here is what I think of your vette......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKDJFsTjomQ

this is braket racing vette leaves first but look at the times.......hahaha! and that evo is damn near stock

BLKGSXR
03-12-2009, 12:06 AM

this is braket racing vette leaves first but look at the times.......hahaha! and that evo is damn near stock
AWD.VS.RWD
Awd got launch easy...Top of that its not stock nice guess tho....
Sir before you post the vid you might want to Investigate the shit before calling it stock...they have a website check it out.....

volk88
03-12-2009, 12:12 AM
PAY $35k ...invest 10k and smoke every thing under $200k and even most above that too! ahhhh the beauty of AWD TURBO!!10k haha no sir Much much more for a EVO to shit on anything...Turbo upgrades alone should cost damn near 3k-Excluding Labor.
This is all for basic stuff without new Sleeves Basically.Which I prefer doing that destroying my Engine block.

very right sir....but do you know how far tuning has come these days? it doesn't take much ..... proud owner of an EVO myself! lightly tuned and I have ran down everything from vettes , viper's and even a GT4 only about 5k in the car NO internals ( haven't even opened the valve cover)....If you put a bigger turbo and sleeved the motor your talkin about 8 and 9 second street EVO's upwards of 700HP

BLKGSXR
03-12-2009, 12:17 AM

very right sir....but do you know how far tuning has come these days? it doesn't take much ..... proud owner of an EVO myself! lightly tuned and I have ran down everything from vettes , viper's and even a GT4 only about 5k in the car NO internals ( haven't even opened the valve cover)....If you put a bigger turbo and sleeved the motor your talkin about 8 and 9 second street EVO's upwards of 700HP
No....your funny.
the new evos transmissions are horrid. Paddleshifters are not cool never will be cool in my mind EVER. NOT A REAL STICK SHIFT.
Tuning depends on how well you have done your shit. it can take 1-3 hrs. depending your setup.This is engine tuning not COMPUTER tuning. Ask a member called: OEMNUM1 He will tell you Comp tuning isnt the easiest thing.That maybe well take all night Meaning yes over 10-12 hrs depending on the setup....So lets Multiply 12 times 150. thats not including the software.
Trust me I did one season Track I spent a easy 30k on my first car.
Althought mine was a true track car....Lexan windows 1 Piece front end-CF
trunk was fiberglass and roof also.Etc...But the thing is dude to do the job right your going to spend alot of money.I wont be suprised when ur motor blows and it will be assured. It wasnt designed to go higher induction on Stock internals......

volk88
03-12-2009, 12:31 AM

AWD.VS.RWD
Sir before you post the vid you might want to Investigate the shit before calling it stock...they have a website check it out.....

^ think I said damn " near" stock (that car has only a few bolt on's)...... but heres another OLDer one for you cause I'm not just talkin drag racing.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArT4a6ISKR8 ... any this is the best bang for your buck under 60k ........I'll even say go grab somethin up to 100k and I'll meet you at any road track on the east coast

and..... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qxrp_top-gear-mitsubishi-evolution-x_auto

volk88
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM

No....your funny.
the new evos transmissions are horrid. Paddleshifters are not cool never will be cool in my mind EVER. NOT A REAL STICK SHIFT.
Tuning depends on how well you have done your shit. it can take 1-3 hrs. depending your setup.This is engine tuning not COMPUTER tuning. Ask a member called: OEMNUM1 He will tell you Comp tuning isnt the easiest thing.That maybe well take all night Meaning yes over 10-12 hrs depending on the setup....So lets Multiply 12 times 150. thats not including the software.
Trust me I did one season Track I spent a easy 30k on my first car.
Althought mine was a true track car....Lexan windows 1 Piece front end-CF
trunk was fiberglass and roof also.Etc...But the thing is dude to do the job right your going to spend alot of money.I wont be suprised when ur motor blows and it will be assured. It wasnt designed to go higher induction on Stock internals......

I opt for the 5 speed ....even though paddles come in F430'S and GT4's and even the new GTR SKYLINE they shift in MICRO seconds....... maybe you should catch up on your reading ..... and ummm my stock interals are forged so you be surprised what they can handle.......

BLKGSXR
03-12-2009, 12:38 AM

AWD.VS.RWD

^ think I said damn " near" stock (that car has only a few bolt on's)...... but heres another OLDer one for you cause I'm not just talkin drag racing.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArT4a6ISKR8 ... any this is the best bang for your buck under 60k ........I'll even say go grab somethin up to 100k and I'll meet you at any road track on the east coast

and..... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qxrp_top-gear-mitsubishi-evolution-x_auto
Man...you took a evo 8 which is Lighter/Non-Paddle shift against the Lambo...Then a vid of the Evo X fq series???? makes no sense to me...Im not saying a X is a bad car its a great desgined car but to do the stuff u said is a bit out there....I feel bad for u Obd2 guys. My GSX-95 is far Easier to tune than ur Newer cars.

Regisbou
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Just get a Golf R32 MkV...

Vr6 with the EPI Bi-turbo kit (20k kit but the car is only 24k used)

Stock suspension and tires with the turbo kit and you are getting 3.6 0-60 not to mention to close to v8 souding Vr6 engine

Then u get 700 fwhp but 635 4whp

if u dont like golf's get a subaru sti (05...not the new ones) and put 35k in that thing and watch it shit on everything

If you like rwd, get a 1980's rx7 and drop a ls1 in there and have 550 flbs of torque

Now if u want a brand new car, under warranty with excellent gas mileage i suggest the Cobalt SS tubro (08 and up) it has 265 whp (they underrate the crank at 268 but it trully gets 240-65 hp at the wheels) and still get 30mpg on the highway. Now if you do not like FWD and you do not want 4wd (since they only run around 35-40k then you jump to 100k+ im guessing you want rwd and already has a Daily Driver I would go with the corvette but there are other options...

Do you want good looks, nimble driving and fast around the corners? Or do you like 1/4 mile times and all that sutff?

For 5k more you can get a used (5k miles) Nissan GTR, you can also wait for the new nismo 370z which will have 450hp + for around 56k and it is/ will be more reliable

Then the question is what do you want for a shifter? Paddle? Auto? DSG? H pattern?

There are many options out there, and if you want the right choice you must specify! haha

Other wise i'd just get a 04 NSX for 33k drop 20k on supercharger, suspension, exhaust, brakes, and MAYBE a frame/brace but thats just me I like MR setups and v6's

Does this have to be a track car? A Daily driver/week-end warrior? Or just a nice car to drive around?

There is also Audi...4wd v8's for under 60k or 4wd I5's (not i4's lol) for that price range as well

I mean there are literally so many aspect to a car, convenience, luxury, reliablity, track worthiness, looks, speed, acceleration, cornering, 1/4 mile times, slalom

Honestly I would pick up a 335i put a chip have 430hp + and call it a Daily driver that stops in under 100feet and is strictly RWD I6 with twin turbos (which you can obvioulsy upgrade and get a 4 years free maintance! haha

SXFX
03-12-2009, 01:00 AM
$60K?
Well this one is selling at $60200 at the moment.
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2009/Porsche/2009.porsche.cayman.20260724-E.jpg
And I'm looking at maybe getting one.
But if i wasn't a flaming asshole!
2008 BMW Z4 M @ $50k
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//pictures/VEHICLE/2008/BMW/2008.bmw.m.20172746-E.jpg
But if I wasn't a total tool, the new Evo looks and sounds great.
But I have to admit the interior leaves a lot to the imagination.

volk88
03-12-2009, 01:09 AM

AWD.VS.RWD

Man...you took a evo 8 which is Lighter/Non-Paddle shift against the Lambo...Then a vid of the Evo X fq series???? makes no sense to me...Im not saying a X is a bad car its a great desgined car but to do the stuff u said is a bit out there....I feel bad for u Obd2 guys. My GSX-95 is far Easier to tune than ur Newer cars.

hahaha ya that was a FQ360 model that only has 50 more HP then the states model ( not hard to achieve) .... but I'll give you an idea .... turbo back exhaust / intake/all intercooler piping and a $500 custom tune put me well over 400hp .... talking 365Whp for a total of $3000 and not shitty parts either GREDDY and HKS ......didn't stop there ... bought an FP red turbo $1300 upgraded injectors /Fuel Rail $600 and large intercooler $700 ......... $5600 total running min boost 93oct 410WHP / 460WHP C16 race fuel
runs a 11.2 all day long......... last I checked F430 scuderia times

BLKGSXR
03-12-2009, 01:17 AM

AWD.VS.RWD

hahaha ya that was a FQ360 model that only has 50 more HP then the states model ( not hard to achieve) .... but I'll give you an idea .... turbo back exhaust / intake/all intercooler piping and a $500 custom tune put me well over 400hp .... talking 365Whp for a total of $3000 and not shitty parts either GREDDY and HKS ......didn't stop there ... bought an FP red turbo $1300 upgraded injectors /Fuel Rail $600 and large intercooler $700 ......... $5600 total running min boost 93oct 410WHP / 460WHP C16 race fuel
runs a 11.2 all day long......... last I checked F430 scuderia timesdid u just say greddy is a good company? NEWB.... Carb exempt=shitty. and Greddy products are CARB EXEMPT.HKS is overpriced x10 easier to make your own exhaust...I think it costed me 120. total 3 inch+ custom Downpipe.

volk88
03-12-2009, 01:39 AM

AWD.VS.RWD

runs a 11.2 all day long......... last I checked F430 scuderia timesdid u just say greddy is a good company? NEWB.... Carb exempt=shitty. and Greddy products are CARB EXEMPT.HKS is overpriced x10 easier to make your own exhaust...I think it costed me 120. total 3 inch+ custom Downpipe.

I fail to see the argument here! regardless of parts and what you think is good or not . even though you just proved my point " I think it costed me 120. total 3 inch+ custom Downpipe " .... it is what it is ( THE best bang for your buck under 60K hands down! )

partlycloudy
03-12-2009, 04:42 AM
bmw 135 coupe

turbocharged
horsepower: 300 @ 5800 rpm
torque: 300 @ 1400 rpm
msrp: $40,150

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default.aspx?make=BMW&model=1-Series&state=new

Felicia Katt
03-12-2009, 05:12 AM
some cool cars, but only the Corvette, Cayman, Elise and Z4 are sports cars. The others are sports sedans or coupes or something else entirely. A sports car is more about handling and balance than just speed.

If you want to be even more stringent in your definitions, a sports car should be a convertible, not a fixed roof car.

My choice for the best sports car under 60k is the same choice as most car magazines; the Porsche Boxster.

2 seater, convertible and the perfect blend of power and poise.

FK

justatransgirl
03-12-2009, 05:28 AM
60 grand is also a good amount for a Down payment on a HOME...which some people need these days.Just saying....

LOL - actually in many markets $60,000 will buy you a couple of cheap homes. One to live in one to rent. Then take the rental income and use it to buy your Vette - or another home.

LOL,
TS Jamie :-)

justatransgirl
03-12-2009, 05:29 AM
PS - C-dude, nice to see you here. :-) So how are Corvette sales going these days?

I wanted one until I discovered the tires are like $500. Each.

LOL,
TS Jamie :-)

dj4monie
03-12-2009, 05:43 AM
Sometimes I can understand buying used because somebody else already took the hit in lost value once you drove it off the lot.

But something about a car nobody else has owned or driven.... all brand new, hard to repeat that "new car smell"

As for value it depends. A Lotus is not practical at all! I like the car alot but that's like suggesting a Caterham 7 which weighs even less...

A hell of a bargain right now is a Pontiac G8 GXP. With the discounts and rebates available it pushes it way down to $38K+ With the money you saved, you could buy a house.

You can also pick up a BMW 335i Convert, opt for European Delivery and load it up with options an come under $58K.

If I had 60K though, there's only ONE car I would buy -

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200804/mercedes-c63-amg-us-_460x0w.jpg

Benz has the meanest sounding V8 roar.... prices start at $53K 450+hp!

dj4monie
03-12-2009, 05:50 AM
some cool cars, but only the Corvette, Cayman, Elise and Z4 are sports cars. The others are sports sedans or coupes or something else entirely. A sports car is more about handling and balance than just speed.

If you want to be even more stringent in your definitions, a sports car should be a convertible, not a fixed roof car.

My choice for the best sports car under 60k is the same choice as most car magazines; the Porsche Boxster.

2 seater, convertible and the perfect blend of power and poise.

FK

Just like Clarkston said -

"Buying a Boxster is like telling the world your life hasn't quite turned out like you thought it would"

IE: Why buy a Boxster if you could afford one of the many versions of the 997/911?

He and I do like the Benz SLK55 WAY MORE...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Videos/Top_Gear_Boxster_vs_Mercedes_SLK55_AMG_Video.html

Mr_Choc69
03-12-2009, 05:58 AM
Good Points by all. However, I am sticking to my original choice - The Vette (since my beloved Supra is not currently avail)

Felicia Katt
03-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Just like Clarkston said -

"Buying a Boxster is like telling the world your life hasn't quite turned out like you thought it would"

IE: Why buy a Boxster if you could afford one of the many versions of the 997/911?

He and I do like the Benz SLK55 WAY MORE...

http://www.tunersgroup.com/Videos/Top_Gear_Boxster_vs_Mercedes_SLK55_AMG_Video.html
The category was sports cars for under 60k. you can't touch a 997 for that little. As far as Top Gear, Jeremy has a strong bias for MBz and a stronger prejudice against Porsche. He picked the MBZ, but the Boxster actually won that challenge, and several others head to head sports car contests and its lap times are much better than the Benz. The Benz is a little too heavy and luxurious to be a true sports car. You can't even get it with a stick shift in the US.

FK

DL_NL
03-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Lotus Exige, Porsche Cayman. Open-topped cars are for cruising, not for the real stuff.

thefrakkincaptain
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm going to have to vote Corvette on this one. For sheer performance and fun(ness?) to drive, you just can't beat American muscle. My in-laws have a Nasau blue '98 C5 coupe and a Torch red '98 C5 covertible.

As for myself, when I win my first big poker tournament, I'm going to get myself a blue '67 coupe with a 427 big block.

muhmuh
03-12-2009, 11:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tN6_xUL8j4

Felicia Katt
03-13-2009, 02:51 AM
Lotus Exige, Porsche Cayman. Open-topped cars are for cruising, not for the real stuff.

I guess Indy and Formula cars are not for real? LOL

FK

Dave32111
03-13-2009, 05:42 PM

I guess Indy and Formula cars are not for real? LOL

FK
Many tracks have very specific rules for cabs that can or can't drive.

GT3's are already setup for the track.

So of course it depends on what your definition of sports car is - every car forum defines it differently.

(oh, and I'm also positive you can get a 997 for less than $60,000 - hell, you can get a 996 turbo for less than that now too, but unless you get work done, I would still consider that a cruiser and not a sport car or track car)

muhmuh
03-13-2009, 09:30 PM
if you want a porsche why would you even consider any model other than the dauer 962?
granted it costs a tiny bit more than 60k but thats not the point

Felicia Katt
03-14-2009, 02:38 AM
if you want a porsche why would you even consider any model other than the dauer 962?
granted it costs a tiny bit more than 60k but thats not the point

cute

http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/html/Dauer/962LM.html

fastest car in the world until the Bugati veyron came out, less than a dozen made and 6 are owned by the Sultan of Brunei LOL So expensive, if you have to ask, you can't afford one LOL

I assumed we were taking new sports cars, not used. if the budget is 60k for a used car, there are some other great options out there but it would be hard to beat a 911 variant

but for new sports cars, under 60k, I still the Boxster offers the the best bang for the buck

FK

justatransgirl
03-14-2009, 02:44 AM
-------------

CORVETTEDUDE
03-14-2009, 06:33 PM

RIGHT! Define "damn near stock", I know the whole story behind that video and the situation. Do you???

rmdx
03-14-2009, 10:45 PM
FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE, gt, shelby, you can't get a better value. I've had 2 mustang gt's and loved them dearly. I had a 1996 and a 2002 both rag top gts with an extra $8,000 in mods; wiped my ass with many rice burners, 5 series, and especially, especially vettes. Even out ran 2 porkers on the LIE (camaro and crown vic). no bullshit, my 'stangs could boogey. And not many mechanical problems despite a ton of aftermarket performance stuff (exhaust, intake, suspension, and, of course, tranny 8)

My buddy has, by comparison, a 2002 camaro SS and has babied and barely used (13,000 miles) and it's fucking falling apart. GM should go straight to hell, they been ripping people off for years.

rmdx
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
a little off topic- can anyone tell me how to delete a double post? i smoked a little too much, i guess

BLKGSXR
03-14-2009, 10:50 PM

RIGHT! Define "damn near stock", I know the whole story behind that video and the situation. Do you??? Firstly he matched a AWD vehicle to a vehicle that is merely RWD....then he said 10k in upgrades I couldnt help but snicker....

Quiet Reflections
03-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Audi RS-4

Willie Escalade
03-15-2009, 01:32 AM
Someone already mentioned it already, but the Pontiac G8 GXP is a hell of a steal. The quality of the performance for the price is outstanding!

For that matter, the last GTO was pretty good as well.

Danielle Foxx
03-15-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't know about engines but I love the design of a car more then how it handles as I am a creative person.

Range Rovers
CLS 500
A5

Willie Escalade
03-15-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't know about engines but I love the design of a car more then how it handles as I am a creative person.

Range Rovers
CLS 500
A5
Nice cars...but they are priced WAY over the north side of $60,000!

jaycanuck
03-15-2009, 04:02 AM
I unfortunately can't afford a $60,000 car and am rather happy with my Intrepid. I guess if I could, I'd look at a BMW. The Z4 M is nice.

elo
03-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Nissan 350Z should be not a bad sports car.In germany the standart edition costs under 40.000€
http://www.350z-vmax.de/images/nissan%20350z%20vorne%20400x300.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_350Z

Mr_Choc69
04-03-2009, 01:47 AM
The 350 Z is solid. Curious to see how the new 370Z will fair

Willie Escalade
04-03-2009, 12:59 PM
The 350 Z is solid. Curious to see how the new 370Z will fair
Motor Trend thinks it's a vast improvement.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0902_2009_nissan_370z_first_test/index.html

Willie Escalade
04-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Oh...and check out the test between the Ford Mustang GT vs Dodge Challenger R/T vs Chevrolet Camaro SS.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0903_2010_chevrolet_camaro_ss_vs_2009_dodge_ch allenger_rt_vs_2010_ford_mustang_gt/index.html

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Sigh......................

I tried to stay out of this thread..............................seriously

In all fairness 80% of the cars mentioned are not "sports cars" TY TY TY Fefe for mentioning that.

And it's cute that the ricers wanna say "oh just plop this in my sushi and you'll have turbocharged moogoogaipan" but that's not a sports car.........

If I was a domestic car lover I'd say that this convo was truly over the moment the word Corvette was mentioned. But I'm not a domestic car lover, so I submit to this thread my opinion for the best "sports car" under $60k

http://image.automotive.com/f/reviews/driven/10561707+pheader/0808_01_z+2008_bMW_m3_m_dCT+front_three_quarter_vi ew.jpg

The BMW M3 M DCT
$59,975 (for the coupe)
4.0 liter V-8, 414 hp, 295 lbs of torque, rear wheel drive

it's sad that Nissan did what Toyota did with the last generation Supra (jacked up the price) because had the Skyline been under $60k it would have been the only true choice for best sports car........... at $71k sticker and $10k over that at the dealership due to dealers being pricks it's out of the competition.

Same goes for the Shelby Mustang, when I went to go look at it, the price was $50k and they were seeing anywhere from $10-15k markups because Will Smith drove one through Manhattan in a movie..........

S6XN9NE
04-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Over the years the sports cars I have owned......

1972 Opel GT - Poor mans Corvette, great for my College years

Three RX-7's all great but the best was a red '93 Twin Turbo. Probably the fastest car I have ever owned.

1990 Nissan 300ZX - it was okay

1995 BMW 840 (a big heavy pig that sucked gas)

2001 Corvette- I have not had it in the shop for anything in the seven years I have owned it. Surprisingly, it even gets 29 to 30MPG when I take it on the open road on a trip. I am back and forth of the C-6's but will probably give someday and get one.......

Regisbou
04-03-2009, 10:52 PM
how bout the new 2010 Mustang GT500? 540hp so about 480 to the wheels. Supercharged so all you need is a chip to up the boost another 2 or 3 psi :)

It starts at 45k O_o!!!!!

Or stick with the vette, but still 45k 540hp? yea i'm sold sorry.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Three RX-7's all great but the best was a red '93 Twin Turbo. Probably the fastest car I have ever owned.

I saw a black one spit fire out the exhaust at a green light years ago

that thing launched like a space shuttle

I would love to own one, but the ones locally always have reliability issues

13b rules

BLKGSXR
04-04-2009, 12:03 AM

13b rulesNo fuck u JW that a japanese company,Jw-fuck rice-then he says 13b rules fcken Basterd....Rant over :D

Fu Manchu
04-04-2009, 01:40 AM
This is expected to come in at £42K, just a touch over the $60k limit, but I like it, it looks good and sounds incredible, 5 Cylinder warble, back to the Quattro' of old which can only be a good thing......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01361/Audittrs_1361736c.jpg

Sound of it [/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XYEo_mfLf4[url]

dan_drade
04-04-2009, 03:58 AM
I would have to say that the Vette is probably the best sports car for under 60k. They look good, run great, the Vette has a great reputation, and best of all. it's American!!!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-04-2009, 04:45 AM

13b rulesNo fuck u JW that a japanese company,Jw-fuck rice-then he says 13b rules fcken Basterd....Rant over :D

The Wankel engine is a type of internal combustion engine which uses a rotary design to convert pressure into a rotating motion instead of using reciprocating pistons. Its four-stroke cycle takes place in a space between the inside of an oval-like epitrochoid-shaped housing and a Reuleaux triangle shaped rotor. This design delivers smooth high-rpm power, from a compact size. Since its introduction the engine has been commonly referred to as the rotary engine, though this name is also applied to several completely different designs.

The engine was invented by German engineer Felix Wankel. He began its development in the early 1950s at NSU Motorenwerke AG (NSU) before completing a working, running prototype in 1957. NSU then subsequently licenced the concept to other companies across the globe, who have continued to improve the design.

German Engineering...............................nuff said!!!!!!!!!

Nauty_lady_bug
04-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Pimp My Ride MTV!

:peanutbutter :?:

BLKGSXR
04-04-2009, 07:23 AM

The Wankel engine is a type of internal combustion engine which uses a rotary design to convert pressure into a rotating motion instead of using reciprocating pistons. Its four-stroke cycle takes place in a space between the inside of an oval-like epitrochoid-shaped housing and a Reuleaux triangle shaped rotor. This design delivers smooth high-rpm power, from a compact size. Since its introduction the engine has been commonly referred to as the rotary engine, though this name is also applied to several completely different designs.

The engine was invented by German engineer Felix Wankel. He began its development in the early 1950s at NSU Motorenwerke AG (NSU) before completing a working, running prototype in 1957. NSU then subsequently licenced the concept to other companies across the globe, who have continued to improve the design.

German Engineering...............................nuff said!!!!!!!!!Still a Mazda. heh heh...id rather have the mighty motor if I ever went rotory-Wait piston powered rotary ooohhh fun -_-

Willie Escalade
04-05-2009, 03:25 AM
Take the last generation RX-7 and drop an LS-1 under the hood. There you go! :lol:

OR

Take an EG-series Civic (preferably a CX hatchback) and drop a J35A4 (Odyssey 3.5L V6) under the hood (you'll have to fabricate one though). It's been done too! :o

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
04-05-2009, 07:44 PM
lol, I'll start a new thread to keep the purity of this thread intact