PDA

View Full Version : 4th Annual Transgender Leadership Summit March 27-29th 2009

justatransgirl
03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
The 4th annual Transgender Leadership Summit will be held March 27-29th at the University of CA, San Diego.

http://www.transgenderlawcenter.org/summit2009.html

I think it would be wonderful if some of our ladies would attend. Especially any girls who live in the So Cal area who could drive down for the day on Saturday (the main day) or spend the weekend.

The Leadership Summit is an annual gathering of transgender activists and allies. Over 300 people attended last years event at Berkley!

The Summit empowers advocates to advance California’s transgender civil rights movement through leadership development, policy building and advocacy workshops and networking. Started in 2006, the Summit alternates between host cities in Northern and Southern California.

Previous conferences have included topics such as dealing with the media, employee and prisoner rights, and youth needs.

There is a $25 charge to attend this year - but NOBODY will be turned away if they can't pay. Several meals are (usually) included.

Please stand up with us and make your voice heard. Together we can make positive change in our community and our futures!

Hugs,
Jamie :-)

PS: To the Gents - sorry guys, this isn't a hook up event... but the SRO bar ought to be hopping that weekend! :-)

justatransgirl
03-04-2009, 10:09 PM
bump

justatransgirl
03-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Gee - I'm kind of disappointed. It's been 3 days and nobody has made a comment.

I guess it's just all about fucking.

I do hope some of you will find time to attend.

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-(

menacingmethods86
03-06-2009, 07:10 AM
It looks more like a CD/older transitioner function

JonnyT
03-06-2009, 07:20 AM
might as well face it. as much as the ladies piss and moan about equality and rights the types of ladies you find here are too self absorbed to help anyone else or any cause because they believe their own personal being is cause enough.

AmyDaly
03-10-2009, 08:35 AM
might as well face it. as much as the ladies piss and moan about equality and rights the types of ladies you find here are too self absorbed to help anyone else or any cause because they believe their own personal being is cause enough.
Are you kidding? I give back to my own community all the time. I wouldn't be posting on this board if I hadn't been soliciting flyers for a transgender community event in a night club. The girls on here just don't let you in their personal life enough to show you what they do outside of this bs.

I know I am not the only one on here. This is just one example. But again, most girls on here won't give you an inch of info about their personal life.

Alyssa87
03-10-2009, 08:39 AM
wow. remember i said i'm thinking od ucsd as a grad school jamie?

shit! 2 years too early.
that would be so awesome.

ef9hatchman
03-10-2009, 08:42 AM

shit! 2 years too early.
that would be so awesome. My elder Sibling went there good school but then again what State college isnt.

AmyDaly
03-10-2009, 08:54 AM

shit! 2 years too early.
that would be so awesome. My elder Sibling went there good school but then again what State college isnt.

I am pretty sure UCSD is Party school central!

justatransgirl
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey Alyssa - that's cool. Maybe Jessica and you will be in grad school there at the same time. She was just offered a research position there last week.

And Amy - I don't think it even compares to UC Santa Barbara as party central. I hear they burn couches in the street up there. LOL

LOL,
TS Jamie :-)

AmyDaly
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I hear they burn couches in the street up there. LOL

LOL,
Yep, when people move out of the dorms lol

justatransgirl
03-10-2009, 10:08 AM

Actually there are a lot of girls here on HA who are involved in some manner with trans activism.

Vanessa works as a counselor I believe
Danielle and Allanah often make appearances at various events
Mimi I believe is involved in activities in (is it?) Chicago.
Jennifer has her TV show which is a form of activism
Kelly is going on Maury
Amy of course is part of "Transgiving"
And I'd say most of our other active girls are involved in some manner.

I know of at least 3 non HA girls on Eros who either run support groups or put on benefits, etc.

And FYI - one of the primary people involved in the Leadership Conference, is a former Tenderloin street girl who got a college degree and now heads a TG assistance program.

And while I don't actively volunteer - Jessica and I provide funding for trans rights issues as well as being sponsors of this Summit.

So I'm sorry JonnyT but you couldn't be more wrong.

Hugs,