PDA

View Full Version : WATCHMEN

RubyTS
03-03-2009, 03:12 AM
anyone else excited for friday???

Beagle
03-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Can't wait. Already hearing good things about the movie.

saifan
03-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Looking forward to it. Good time to be a comic book fan! So many great comic book movies over the past year.

TheGuard
03-03-2009, 04:11 AM
The maxi series was incredible - this looks mostly promising. Certainly visionary for the time in which it originally came out, but I'm afraid the general public may have already moved beyond that deconstruction point via progressive movies like TDK and the first season of heroes.

timxxx
03-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Hope it's good but hearing bad things about the movie.

Alyssa87
03-03-2009, 04:28 AM
u seeing it with a boy?
if not- i'd love to meet you in the city and watch it with you.

saifan
03-03-2009, 04:31 AM
IMAX is a must!

fab
03-03-2009, 04:44 AM
IMAX tickets already booked

RubyTS
03-03-2009, 04:44 AM
u seeing it with a boy?

lol no i didnt even make any plans but i DO know i'd like to go see it. Lemme see if i gather a couple of the girls and we make a day of it

celticgrafix
03-03-2009, 04:51 AM
damn im looking forward to this

Alyssa87
03-03-2009, 04:51 AM
u seeing it with a boy?

lol no i didnt even make any plans but i DO know i'd like to go see it. Lemme see if i gather a couple of the girls and we make a day of it

:) pm box

Beagle
03-03-2009, 04:55 AM
Hope it's good but hearing bad things about the movie.

Well, I'm sure there's going to be a hardcore fan base that will find fault with the film just because it isn't the comic.

I've heard that it's the very best that one could hope for considering the inherent differences in the mediums.

My only issue so far is that I'm not thrilled (as I am with the other cast members) with Matthew Goode as Adrian. Too skinny, too much of a pencil neck, IMHO. I would have hoped for someone "bulkier" and square-jawed.

dan_yearsgone83
03-03-2009, 05:00 AM
I am excited

in my pants.

Azrial
03-03-2009, 05:01 AM
EDIT: in response to beagle:

i agree, but a good performance will wash all those feelings away relatively quickly i would imagine.

i'm looking forward to it myself

RubyTS
03-03-2009, 05:04 AM
i never followed the comics, i was a big x-men baby. It looks like its gonna b really good though. The effects look really awesome

Beagle
03-03-2009, 05:09 AM
EDIT: in response to beagle:

i agree, but a good performance will wash all those feelings away relatively quickly i would imagine.

i'm looking forward to it myself

Yes, I agree. I'm going purely on visuals here.

LTR_Seeker
03-03-2009, 05:14 AM
i enjoy all comic book movies well notall some suck but there way better produced today

Mjchitown
03-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Got my tickets for friday already and my buddy is seeing it in an advance screening. I re-read the book about 3 weeks ago, so yeah, Im anxiously awaiting it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ts CinthyaNY
03-03-2009, 06:55 AM
Going to tell the bf to take me to the movies. Seem will be a hit. Hope to see some sexy ass dudes on.

Love...
Cinthya.

ef9hatchman
03-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Can't wait. Already hearing good things about the movie.Nightowls costume is horrid Ive only heard Negative things about it, It maybe before its time to come out.Hopefully its not like the Xmen series. And sticks to the True story in ways.....

Azrial
03-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Can't wait. Already hearing good things about the movie.Nightowls costume is horrid Ive only heard Negative things about it, It maybe before its time to come out.Hopefully its not like the Xmen series. And sticks to the True story in ways.....

this is nothing like x-men at all. if you're expecting that, you will be disappointed completely. the story is very character driven and speaks on a variety of topics from politics to ethics, it asks the questions, what is a hero? what is a villain? and when are the lines between these two completely blurred. all the while deconstructing the superhero, particularly american societies view of the superhero in popular culture.

ef9hatchman
03-04-2009, 01:31 AM

this is nothing like x-men at all. if you're expecting that, you will be disappointed completely. the story is very character driven and speaks on a variety of topics from politics to ethics, it asks the questions, what is a hero? what is a villain? and when are the lines between these two completely blurred. all the while deconstructing the superhero, particularly american societies view of the superhero in popular culture.lol not what I meant,What I did mean was the xmen movies how off basis they were. If this is like it,it will be a bust.