PDA

View Full Version : Facial Feminization Surgery Procedures

tsbrenda
02-28-2009, 06:09 AM
Facial Feminization Surgery (FFS) refers to surgical procedures, which will alter a masculine face to a feminine shape through the use of plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, and maxillofacial surgery.

Procedures range from the use of soft tissue procedures, facial fillers, implants, to more invasive procedures involving the buring (grinding) of facial bones, and the cutting (osteotomy) of facial bones.

Due to the fact people differ in facial characteristics; a combination of serval procedures may need to be used to alter the face to the desired result to feminize the face. Most people refer to Facial Feminization Surgery as FFS when describing it.

There are a number of surgical procedures that can be used to feminize the face when it comes to FFS. Depending on your facial structure and degree of masculine features, one or many of the following procedures can be used to feminize the transsexual face:

Forehead contouring: Complated by a high speed bur
Forehead reconstruction: Complated by cutting out a section or sections of the frontal skull
Forehead compression/controlled facture: Research in progress
Jaw tapering: Completed by a high speed bur or a bone saw
Chin contouring/Mentoplasty: Completed by a high speed bur and or chin inplant
Sliding genioplasty: Completed by cutting and removing the chin
Cheekbone augmentation Through the use of implants
Cheekbone reduction Complated by a high speed bur
Lip contouring/Lip lift
trachea shave
blepharoplasty (Eyelid surgery to correct sagging or drooping of the eyelids)
Rhinoplasty
Facial Implants
Facial Fillers
Facelift

FFS surgeon listings

Further links about surgery can also be found at the bottom of this page.

This surgery is not limited to female to male transsexuals; since there are also options that can be applied to help female to male transsexuals using this type of surgery to obtain masculine features. I will be adding Facial Masculinization Surgery information at a future date.

http://blogs.myspace.com/trinityrosets

SarahG
02-28-2009, 06:28 AM
I am confused, what do the breast pics have to do with FFS?

ottorocket
02-28-2009, 08:51 AM
I am confused, what do the breast pics have to do with FFS?

If you draw a smile underneath the nipples you get a happy face? :D

CaptainGeech
02-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Hmmm. Most of the time when I see a shot of a women before and after facial reconstruction surgery I feel they look better "before". The surgery rarely makes them look more feminine to me. It just makes them look a 3rd species , minimal change not worth the $, or simply like someone who should stay away from the plastic surgeon (ala Mickey Rourke).