PDA

View Full Version : White House Watermelon Patch

BluegrassCat
02-26-2009, 06:22 AM
So a California mayor emails this pic of watermelon patch around, gets called on it, and then says he didn't know there was a black people watermelon stereotype. I'm sure everyone on here who said the dead chimpanzee cartoon wasn't racist will agree this is in good taste too.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/25/national/main4827964.shtml

Alyssa87
02-26-2009, 06:35 AM
this mayor is elected by fellow members of the five-seat City Council.

he's not going anywhere.

timxxx
02-26-2009, 06:45 AM
The mayor said he was unaware of the racial stereotype that black people like watermelons.
Oh and he's also unaware that the world is round.

barefootjoe69
02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I was one of the people who said the chimp cartoon wasn't racist because it wasn't. Again the chimp did not represent Obama!

This on the other hand is totally racist!

tsntx
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
I was one of the people who said the chimp cartoon wasn't racist because it wasn't. Again the chimp did not represent Obama!

agreed

bc in the watermelon case.... if theres no stereotype wats the joke? wheres the pun? whats worth sharing about it?

Tiffany Anne
02-26-2009, 10:12 AM

Word!

And agreed!

Willie Escalade
02-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Shit like this was bound to happen eventually... :thumbsdown

Deepdarkfucker
02-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Ignorance

SarahG
02-27-2009, 11:17 PM
Shit like this was bound to happen eventually... :thumbsdown

Bound to happen? More like its been happening, for quite a while.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

clarknog
02-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Save some space on your hard drives, good people. We get to look forward to 4 more years of this.

Clark - No glasses

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm not really a watermelon fan............but truth be told I'd drive down to D.C. and bribe a secret service agent for a slice on that watermelon because I bet it'd be the best tasting watermelon on the planet.....

btw, does anyone know the population of the town this guy runs?

I mean there's mayors of towns with a population of 50, who really gives a fuck what a mayor has to say about the prez?

ef9hatchman
02-27-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm not really a watermelon fan............but truth be told I'd drive down to D.C. and bribe a secret service agent for a slice on that watermelon because I bet it'd be the best tasting watermelon on the planet.....

I mean there's mayors of towns with a population of 50, who really gives a fuck what a mayor has to say about the prez?
Your no longer black johnny, Not liking watermelon Pshahhhh lol j.k how the hell cant you like watermelon.

2009AD
02-27-2009, 11:51 PM

"Los Alamitos is a 2¼-square-mile Orange County city of around 12,000 people."

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-28-2009, 01:02 AM

"Los Alamitos is a 2¼-square-mile Orange County city of around 12,000 people."

lol, thats 1/4 of the suburban town I grew up in here in NY

yeah I really givafuck what he has to say

Alchemist
02-28-2009, 08:29 AM
You've pretty much have to expect these things by now. Shows you how batshit insane the right can be.

Oh, and BTW. If you don't like watermelon, there is something wrong with YOU!

kittyKaiti
02-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Wow, that's just as stupid as the Obama-Chimp cartoon. These people need to get used to having a black President. Your racism isn't going to make him go away.

ottorocket
02-28-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm officially dumber for reading this post, not because the OP's content here is racist...it IS (unlike the chimp cartoon IMO ), but because some people think batshit crazy only comes in one variety in America or any other part of the world. Fringe exists on polar opposites. Just goes to show how we are NOT over race in this country, nor ever will be, so at least let's bee intellectually honest about it, while still maintaining a sense of humor like some here on the board do.