PDA

View Full Version : TransGeneration on Sundance 09/20

Jason
09-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Tues. nite there wil be a series starting on gender identity on the Sundance channel. I checked out the Sundance website,looks pretty interesting.

NickTheQuick
09-19-2005, 07:43 AM

chefmike
09-25-2005, 04:09 AM
I caught an episode tonight...definitely worth a look...the deaf filapina tg is very charming and cute...but it showed her hittin' on a male student...and I hope she let's him know, if they take it further...in light of recent events...

Jason
09-25-2005, 04:25 AM
The deaf filapina tg definatly was a cutie,and to think supposedly she hasn't started any hormone therapy yet!

TheGuard
09-25-2005, 07:26 PM
I don't get Sundance, any screencaps?

Jason
09-25-2005, 08:31 PM
It was pretty good,the series is going to be 8 or 9 episodes I believe. If you don't have Sundance log on to sundancechannel.com. You'll be able to watch last Tues show w/o commercials.

dj4monie
09-26-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't get Sundance, any screencaps?

If you ask me and REMIND me, I'll capture it.

Powered by ATI's All In Wonder 9600XT - 8)

dj4monie
09-26-2005, 01:47 AM
In fact they are replaying the whole thing next week.

Starting this monday

NickTheQuick
09-26-2005, 07:09 AM

Adam_Thompson
10-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Wow...just finished the third episode. This is really a good show and interesting for me being a college student and actually knowing a Tri-Delta at my school (Greek sorority member) that was a Female(Transsexual).

This looks like its gonna be a good thing, much better than the HBO Hookers in Honolulu :roll:

tsntx
10-11-2005, 09:42 PM
and its not worth the effort it takes to watch them...

Jason
10-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Kinda a shame that sundancechannel.com doesn't show all the episodes on there website. Guess there just going to have episode 1 on there to watch.

hondarobot
10-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Take on the world, Angela. That's the only way to do it.

But what do I know. . .I was planning on taking a vacation from the internet.

OK, back to vacation.

Jason
10-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Angela,best of luck with your mom. I'm scared to death about telling mine. It probably wouldn't be to big of a shock to her though seeing as feminine and kinda girlie as I would tend to act sometimes. Also I remember her over the years her saying at times that I should have been born a girl....if she only knew :lol: ...Anyway, again best wishes with your mom let us know how it goes.

Adam_Thompson
10-12-2005, 06:56 AM
http://www.sundancechannel.com/transgeneration/

You can watch the 1st episode here, hopefully they'll put each up over time.
Angela I wish you good luck with everything. If you ever at anytime need some extra support or simply someone to talk to (over the phone) or over the internet to just listen to you and speak with (without trying to get in your pants also)...let me know. We all go through difficulties in life that can be extremely difficult and seemingly impossible without others helping you. I am sure being transgendered can be one of the hardest things to go through at times( hell I used to think it was hard just being black). Just feel free to hit me up anytime though..no shady business.

joyboy123
10-12-2005, 09:19 AM
This might be beyond the topic, but either tomorrow or Thursday I'm planning yet another big talk with my mom, where I'm basically going to plea for her support and maybe be more candid about things I only touched upon before (earlier this year). I had only given her information in small doses before because how freaked out she got about the whole thing. A brief idea was to have her watch the first episode of this with me, just so she can see others going through the same thing, and I'd talk about it while we watch it. Things I agree or disagree with. Things I relate to or don't, etc. I think I might be a little bit more prepared to stress the important issues instead of rambling off into tangents this time, lol. Wish me luck.

Besides that I'm ordering hormones for the first time this week :)

Good luck Angela. Please let me know how it goes.

joyboy123
10-13-2005, 07:41 AM
Just a quick message before I head out...

Talked to mom for 3 hours and got absolutly everything out this time (except that I'm taking an anti-androgen currently, which is the only thing I didn't want to freak her out with yet). Says I have her support although there seems to be a conflict over what it means for where I'll be working and when (she wants me to be looking for a job when I feel it's pointless until after I transition). We are going to watch the first episode of Transgeneration together this weekend, lol :)

Good for you Angela. It might be tough for your Mom right now but the fact that you opened up to her will keep the bond strong.

Jason
10-19-2005, 05:31 AM
I'm definatly enjoying the Transgeneration series also. It's nice to see a unbiased documentery done. Although I've just began my trasition I feel right now that I would lean towards still attacted to woman. Although that might change as my body changes. It might be that I just desire to look like a female so that is what I desire to be with? Soldier's Girl Is quite a wonderful movie. I'd highly recommend it! Bit of a tear jerker though.