PDA

View Full Version : Creatine...

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Who uses it?
I for one have used it since I was 15,So just wondering who uses it to Enhance their Physique.

praetor
02-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Creatine is a naturally occurring substance and key to building powerful skeletal muscle—huge biceps, defined “diamond” triceps, big pecs and more. Creatine is one of the most widely used sports supplements on the market today. Primary use is in strength and bulk-building exercises that improve performance for high-intensity sports, maximize your workouts, and give you an edge in anaerobic athletic competitions.

http://www.creatinejournal.com/

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 08:44 PM
I know what it is. I am wondering who uses it.....

praetor
02-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Ask a Doctor, never use without medical prescription.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I cycle in and out of it from time to time. Monohydrate usually give me a little too much water weight and can actually affect my speech a little bit, Celltech was bad for that. I have played with the Ethyl-Ester stuff and have had decent results though also.

I like it

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Ask a Doctor, never use without medical prescription.Hrmph ur off track man. I know the disclaimers of creatine,I am wondering who on the forums uses it.Doctors cannot allow you to use it if you have anger issues etc...
OEM-monohydrate is to be used with adeqaute amount of H20 so more you drink then burn off its better for you.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
You can get a decent dose from beef. Creatine is in a lot of stuff lately, they changed up their dosing recommendations a bit though. I noticed when I first started they wanted a loading phase in everything. Was a pain in the ass, but it worked. Most of the stuff I see now wants you to ease into it a bit more.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Ask a Doctor, never use without medical prescription.Hrmph ur off track man. I know the disclaimers of creatine,I am wondering who on the forums uses it.Doctors cannot allow you to use it if you have anger issues etc...
OEM-monohydrate is to be used with adeqaute amount of H20 so more you drink then burn off its better for you.

Thats why you get the water weight with monohydrate. I was just saying I didn't like that because it would swell my tongue and could actually make it a little difficult for me to talk sometimes.

elo
02-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I used it.5g monohydrate a day.Loading phase is unneccessary.Doesn´t built up muscles,but you get about10-20% stronger or even more.Whwn you have lots of muscles the effect is about 10% more power.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 09:01 PM
I've been playing with some stuff lately. I mix up a little creatine, some amino mixture, and some refined corn starch (Waxy Maize) to take while I'm actually working out.

Since the corn starch basically bypasses the stomach it pulls the other stuff with it. I didn't believe it when I first heard it, but it helps the rest of the nutrients absorb. One thing I notice though is it pulls a lot of water into the muscles, I think because of it's high osmolarity. This mixture has given me some of the most wicked pumps I've had at the gym the past couple weeks.

I'm gonna continue using it for a while, one thing I have noticed is a very improved recovery time. The pump is what I love though, I don't think I've ever had my legs as full as last night.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
I used it for awhile, nice results.
For what I do in MMA classes my protein drink is more than enough.

hwbs
02-21-2009, 10:28 PM
it helped a lot when i really got into working out...but now i can do without carrying the extr8 8 -10 pounds of water weight....

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeh The water weight is annoying,After I work out usually I kick it in the sauna,Rubber suit=Sweatbox.

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 10:49 PM
not use whey protein, guess u need to make up for strength that u dont have

fred41
02-21-2009, 10:50 PM
I used it about 12 years ago (more or less) when it first became big (before I got back surgery). My workouts were stagnating so that I couldn't break the ceiling and no longer increase the weight I was lifting. It really worked like they said at the time..the increases were about 10% and I loved it...but like others mentioned..I hated the water bloat..and ultimately made me feel kinda fat. After that i blew out my back and had to get disc surgery. Now I'm relatively old (46) and am concentrating more on fat burning (and lighter weights) which give me a leaner look...which is much better for my back....much better period..I find that I'm not as big , and probably never will be again..but overall I'm in much better shape then I was back then.

For personal reasons i was considering going back on Creatine to see if I could lift more and get bigger with my leaner physique...but my doctor doesn't think it's a good idea because my kidneys are already leaking protein (which is never good) so Creatine might just put too much pressure on them at this time.

Does anyone know a good , healthy alternative?

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 11:05 PM
I used it about 12 years ago (more or less) when it first became big (before I got back surgery). My workouts were stagnating so that I couldn't break the ceiling and no longer increase the weight I was lifting. It really worked like they said at the time..the increases were about 10% and I loved it...but like others mentioned..I hated the water bloat..and ultimately made me feel kinda fat. After that i blew out my back and had to get disc surgery. Now I'm relatively old (46) and am concentrating more on fat burning (and lighter weights) which give me a leaner look...which is much better for my back....much better period..I find that I'm not as big , and probably never will be again..but overall I'm in much better shape then I was back then.

For personal reasons i was considering going back on Creatine to see if I could lift more and get bigger with my leaner physique...but my doctor doesn't think it's a good idea because my kidneys are already leaking protein (which is never good) so Creatine might just put too much pressure on them at this time.

Alt.Running in the morning2-3 miles eat less greasy food (grilled) is great.etc...Work out......

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 11:13 PM

HGH....

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 11:17 PM

HGH....

if ur a bitch

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 11:24 PM

HGH....

if ur a bitch

Hehe, I prefer bovine growth hormone, lol.

Stuff's illegal now anyways isn't it?

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 11:25 PM
who knows, protein and motivation is all u need

hwbs
02-21-2009, 11:26 PM
i dont take much....i take this generic myolpex from vitamin world ..mostly cause it leavs u feeling full after u take it...then just take some glutamine , multi vitamin and L-Carnatine...

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
i take omega 3, green tea supp, protein supp

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I do Weight Gainer shake 1-2 times a day. Then at least 4 other meals. Once I started to eat enough, I found I was able to lose weight while gaining mass.

Before I wouldn't be able to recover properly after a workout and would get sick more often.

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 11:30 PM
anyone know any good side ab excercises

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I do Weight Gainer shake 1-2 times a day. Then at least 4 other meals. Once I started to eat enough, I found I was able to lose weight while gaining mass.

Before I wouldn't be able to recover properly after a workout and would get sick more often.

people think not eating is good, 3 meal, 3 snacks a day, now i mean that moderated by certain choices

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 11:34 PM

I try to mix it up with hanging leg raises, just turning the knees to each side for a few sets. Of course you can do the same on the floor. There's a machine that applies a force with a twisting motion, that one hits a slightly different angle on the stomach too. Abs are tough,there is so many little pieces to them.

Abs, and my brachialis are my toughest spots to really hit.

If anyone can give me a decent brachialis workout let me know. I do close grip preacher curls, but they only can do so much.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 11:35 PM

people think not eating is good, 3 meal, 3 snacks a day, now i mean that moderated by certain choices

Yeah, I'm lucky that while I'm trying to gain mass I don't gain much fat. So I eat my 3600-4000 cal a day and seem to be just fine.

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 11:39 PM

I try to mix it up with hanging leg raises, just turning the knees to each side for a few sets. Of course you can do the same on the floor. There's a machine that applies a force with a twisting motion, that one hits a slightly different angle on the stomach too. Abs are tough,there is so many little pieces to them.

Abs, and my brachialis are my toughest spots to really hit.

If anyone can give me a decent brachialis workout let me know. I do close grip preacher curls, but they only can do so much.

i already got the abs from wrestling, not the fake shit, its just the pop of the outside, good point though, ill try that, nothing like a great workout to start the day, but anyone got any non carb protein meal ideas

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Green tea has hoodia. I dont like that,But I know it works quite nice.Push your weakest Area.My weakest are my knees. My left one pops at times when I merely walk.So I push myself to run every morning before work.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Green tea has hoodia. I dont like that,But I know it works quite nice.Push your weakest Area.My weakest are my knees. My left one pops at times when I merely walk.So I push myself to run every morning before work.

I go for the cock pushups

ef9hatchman
02-22-2009, 12:00 AM

I go for the cock pushupsur weak cocked thats sad OEM ur weakness I mean. Shiet Fcken Tnaflixer OEM. lol j.k

celticgrafix
02-22-2009, 12:07 AM

three knee srges deep here, i feel that pain, im in my 20's and from wrestling need a knee replacement soon

ef9hatchman
02-22-2009, 12:10 AM

three knee srges deep here, i feel that pain, im in my 20's and from wrestling need a knee replacement soon
<Football Tore Ligaments and tendons of my left knee,Wasnt able to walk for 7 months, well Crutches during that time but still.

celticgrafix
02-22-2009, 12:13 AM
yep, football contributed, dislocated knee cap, it sucks right, well good luck with urs

OEMEnemyNum1
02-22-2009, 12:21 AM
Shoulder problems from being thrown from a horse.

Upper back problems from being ran over by a cow when I was 11.

If I keep everything loose I don't have any big issues.

ef9hatchman
02-22-2009, 01:52 AM
Shoulder problems from being thrown from a horse.

Upper back problems from being ran over by a cow when I was 11.

If I keep everything loose I don't have any big issues. cowtipping gone bad

jordyd19
02-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Me, I have used it for 10yrs

elo
02-22-2009, 03:59 AM
When you think its neccessary to train yout side abs i would recomend this crunches:
Lay on the back and bring your left elbow to your right knee and vice versa.
or/and
Lay on the side with your hand on the side of your head and crunch.Your elbow should be on one line with your upper body.

El Nino
02-22-2009, 05:48 AM
The serum works the nuts...

ef9hatchman
02-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I used to use creatine . It is true the monohydrate does add a little bit of water weight the Creatine Etheyl Esther is the better version supposedly now without the water effect and better pure absorbtion. the Creatine works better with a detxtrose added to it for uptake. You guys are probably like what does she know....but i used to be pretty darn buff a few years ago....lol.

Amy
I take one that has 3 types of creatine,SUPER CREATINE.It works great for me, I dont retain as much water weight as people assume,And you really see the difference, Onlt problem I have with it is the flavor Fruit punch So horrid to take down, I wish there was a lime one, like NoXplodes.

backpacker
02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
I used to use creatine . It is true the monohydrate does add a little bit of water weight the Creatine Etheyl Esther is the better version supposedly now without the water effect and better pure absorbtion. the Creatine works better with a detxtrose added to it for uptake. You guys are probably like what does she know....but i used to be pretty darn buff a few years ago....lol.

Amy
I take one that has 3 types of creatine,SUPER CREATINE.It works great for me, I dont retain as much water weight as people assume,And you really see the difference, Onlt problem I have with it is the flavor Fruit punch So horrid to take down, I wish there was a lime one, like NoXplodes.

The fruit punch flavor of superpump250 is pretty damn good and like no xplode is a great energy boost before the gym. This is a great before supplement and optimum 2:1:1 recovery after the gym is a great post workout supplement. Basically in my opinion creatine is only good if you are under weight and need to get bigger which you can not do threw bulk eating. If you can put on the weight and size naturally its not really worth it in my opinion. The ester does help you retain less water but remember u are still retaining some water. I think taking a thermogenic like no xplode,superpump,etc. with creatine in it is better than just taking plain creatine. But the main thing is make sure u keep ur protein levels up. If you are a heavy lifter u are going to need atleast ur body weight in protein a day. So if u are 200 pounds lets say u aregoing to need a minimum of 200grams of protein a day. Preferably from diffrent sources like a whey first thing in the morning to replenish what u lost at night a casein around lunch casein is a longer lasting protein takes longer for the body to break down, then a whey before the gym. A recovery protein after the gym and a casein protein right before bed. Sorry u guys just touched on a subject i love supplements. lol

Felicia Katt
02-22-2009, 09:18 PM
wow, this is probably the most macho thread on here, ever LOL

meow

FK

ef9hatchman
02-22-2009, 09:21 PM
wow, this is probably the most macho thread on here, ever LOL

meow

FK
Meow uber macho addition :D lol....

werwt22
02-23-2009, 03:01 AM
I used to use weight gainer instead cuz my metabolism was so high. Much better effect for me back then.