PDA

View Full Version : Another BART killing

Solitary Brother
02-21-2009, 04:19 PM
This happened at the SAME Bart station where Oscar Grant was killed.
I am one hundred percent sure we will see no rioting over this one.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/20/BAI4161N0D.DTL

2009AD
02-21-2009, 04:35 PM
I had to laugh at:

"Gonzalez's father, Javier Gonzalez, said Friday that his son had cried out for his parents and sister when he burst into his home on San Leandro Street."

and

"I'm angry at both of them," he said of the robbery victim and Veliz. "They took my son away from me. He was a hard-working kid."

He added, "My son is dead. I want somebody to pay for this."

The little bitch was trying to rob someone and got beat at his own game, then he goes to Mommy and Daddy, stabbed and crying. Fuck him.

The father is mad at the victim? Gimme a fucking break. He should be pissed that his son was stupid. Yea someone paid for the crime, your son, paid with his life. He should have stayed home that night.

I call this a story with a happy ending. One dead criminal, one criminal behind bars, and a victim who survived.

BART holdup victim grabs knife, kills robber
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Saturday, February 21, 2009

(02-20) 11:29 PST OAKLAND -- A 23-year-old visitor from the East Coast had just gotten money from an ATM when he told his friend on a cell phone that he had a bad feeling about two men approaching him at the Fruitvale BART Station in Oakland.

His worst fears were realized when one suspect, Victor Veliz, 18, held a folding knife with a 5-inch blade to his neck and the other, Christopher Gonzalez, 18, threatened to shoot him Thursday night, authorities said.

In a blind panic, he lashed out at his attackers, grabbing the knife from one of them and punching the other as his friend listened in horror on the phone.

Without realizing it, authorities say, the man stabbed Gonzalez in the chest. Gonzalez stumbled to his family's home around the corner, collapsed into his father's arms and died.

Veliz, who is affiliated with a gang, was arrested at Gonzalez's home after police allegedly found him with the East Coast visitor's cell phone. He will be charged with murder in the death of his accomplice, along with a robbery count, prosecutors said.

The robbery victim suffered only cuts in fighting off his assailants. He ran from the station, flagged down an Oakland police officer on Fruitvale Avenue and turned over the bloody knife. His name was not released.

The man was "scared senseless" when he was attacked about 9:30 p.m. Thursday, said Allison Danzig, an Alameda County deputy district attorney. He acted in self-defense and will not be charged, she said.

When police told him that Gonzalez had died, "he was very saddened and very upset," Danzig said.

Gonzalez's father, Javier Gonzalez, said Friday that his son had cried out for his parents and sister when he burst into his home on San Leandro Street. He died there.

Javier Gonzalez sobbed at the loss of his son, who worked with him in his roofing business and at Oakland Raiders games.

"I'm angry at both of them," he said of the robbery victim and Veliz. "They took my son away from me. He was a hard-working kid."

He added, "My son is dead. I want somebody to pay for this."
.]

phobun
02-21-2009, 05:45 PM
The little bitch was trying to rob someone and got beat at his own game, then he goes to Mommy and Daddy, stabbed and crying. Fuck him.

The father is mad at the victim? Gimme a fucking break. He should be pissed that his son was stupid. Yea someone paid for the crime, your son, paid with his life. He should have stayed home that night.

I call this a story with a happy ending. One dead criminal, one criminal behind bars, and a victim who survived.
Solitary is always whining about all the crime in the world, and how there is no respect for life, so I wonder why he sobs and sobs for criminal gang-bangers like this loser.

tsmandy
02-21-2009, 07:04 PM
This story makes no sense.

Dude gets held up by two guys, one with a gun the other with a knife, he's on the cell phone, and somehow he gets the knife and stabs the original attacker to death?

It doesn't really add up.

Recently it was reported in my local area that a woman was hiking with her husband when they were attacked by two assailants. She claimed to have been pushed over a guardrail and fallen 20 feet and her husband was kidnapped. The story held for a couple of days, and then they found her husbands body buried on her property. My point is, sometimes people use the most plausible excuse (though this one sounds pretty far fetched) to cover the truth of what really happened.

2009AD
02-21-2009, 07:31 PM
It certainly does make sense. One of the punks displayed a knife, the other claimed to have a gun, but it appears he may have been bluffing. Criminals often claim to have guns in order to instill fear in victims. This time ,the victim, in fear for his life, fought back.

Dude gets held up by two guys, one with a gun the other with a knife, he's on the cell phone, and somehow he gets the knife and stabs the original attacker to death?

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
02-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Looks pretty cut and dry self defense to me too. Sorry Mandy.

Sure, maybe the guy stabbed the kid more than he should have or it didn't happen by "accident". Sounds to me the guy knows how to handle himself. He was probably in the armed forces. But, if you are attacked are you responsible to be careful with your attacker?

Reminds me of the "Married with Children" Episode where Al beats up a home invader and get sued for causing him bodily harm. Did the kids try to take his Christmas issue of "Big 'uns"?

http://www.joost.com/07200dv/t/Married-With-Children-Un-Alful-Entry-S07E151

phobun
02-21-2009, 10:26 PM

What makes more sense:

1) that the guy on the cell phone who had just used an ATM gets jumped by two punks, one showing a knife and the other claiming to have a gun, but fights back and successfully takes the knife, or

2) that the guy on the cell phone who had just used an ATM goes and stabs 1 of 2 teenaged gangbangers with a knife and immediately runs to the police to surrender the knife and claim he was attacked?

You're not exactly an intellectual powerhouse.

phobun
02-21-2009, 10:42 PM

Sure, maybe the guy stabbed the kid more than he should have or it didn't happen by "accident".
No need to even suggest this. A single stab wound in the chest involving an artery could cause someone to bleed to death relatively quickly.

Especially if you flee from the scene of the crime and don't seek help in time.

El Nino
02-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Mandy, I am sure that in this case, part of it was caught on surveillance camereas at the ATM and others... Plus the guy probably went apeshit on those punk ass losers and tore 'em a new one

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
I only brought it up as a straw argument to which my next sentence stated my position. Ya know. : )

Sure, maybe the guy stabbed the kid more than he should have or it didn't happen by "accident".
No need to even suggest this. A single stab wound in the chest involving an artery could cause someone to bleed to death relatively quickly.

Especially if you flee from the scene of the crime and don't seek help in time.

tsmandy
02-22-2009, 02:41 AM
What makes more sense:

1) that the guy on the cell phone who had just used an ATM gets jumped by two punks, one showing a knife and the other claiming to have a gun, but fights back and successfully takes the knife, or

2) that the guy on the cell phone who had just used an ATM goes and stabs 1 of 2 teenaged gangbangers with a knife and immediately runs to the police to surrender the knife and claim he was attacked?

You're not exactly an intellectual powerhouse.

Neither do. The scenario is possible, of course many other ones could be too. Maybe they had something else going on and the guy who stabbed the other man panicked because someone else witnessed it, and ran to the cops with a story he thought believable. Seems just as plausible. Of course if it all was captured on a security tape then the whole discussion would be unnecessary.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm just saying it seems like part of the story is missing.