PDA

View Full Version : CA state budget....

ef9hatchman
02-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Just screwed us over. Fucking basterds,Sales tax is going to go to 9Percent they say....And gas Of course has to go up...Put yer 2 cents fellow CA people...

chefmike
02-19-2009, 10:17 PM
Don't take this personal but things are tough all over... no need to be a hothouse orchid, we got enough of those here already, slick...so stop your crying...did you ever talk to anyone who lived through the Great Depression?...tighten your belt and man the fuck up...Cali isn't exempt...and please no more posts about how it's raining thru the smog where you live...man up or shutup already! :violin

ef9hatchman
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Don't take this personal but things are tough all over... no need to be a hothouse orchid, we got enough of those here already, slick...so stop your crying...did you ever talk to anyone who lived through the Great Depression?...tighten your belt and man the fuck up...Cali isn't exempt...and please no more posts about how it's raining thru the smog where you live...man up or shutup already! :violin
Chef I have talked to someone who lived thru the great depression so shut up....State budget is screwing us you have no clue Sales tax at 9 percent Is a bit far if you have a sense of buying things all year long. Have you seen ur posts lately you ignoramous your a negative fuckface. either stfu or piss off.Are yyou even from CA,if not fuck off.

chefmike
02-19-2009, 10:38 PM
No more kid gloves for you, francis...who knows, maybe these hard times that you're cryin about might even put some fuzz on your tiny nuts, chump...I had to tell a man today who works for me that his hours were going to be cut in half... and him with a wife and kid..and a sissy bitch like you is cryin' about taxes and the rain...how long has it been since you moved out of your mommy's house, you punk bitch crybaby?

ef9hatchman
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
No more kid gloves for you, francis...who knows, maybe these hard times that you're cryin about might even put some fuzz on your tiny nuts, chump...I had to tell a man today who works for me that his hours were going to be cut in half... and him with a wife and kid..and a sissy bitch like you is cryin' about taxes and the rain...how long has it been since you moved out of your mommy's house, you punk bitch crybaby?haha Momma house, Bud your a cuntwrapper.+ Im a smog tech I can care less about smog but I know what causes it you uneducated tard.

Legend
02-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Expect a full bitchfest from sir whines alot in chat later on about how much he hates chef because talking behide someone's back is the manly thing to do.

ef9hatchman
02-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Expect a full bitchfest from sir whines alot in chat later on about how much he hates chef because talking behide someone's back is the manly thing to do.you live in Alabama why are you posting on a thread meant for people who live in CA.

ImpulZ
02-19-2009, 11:25 PM
:popcorn :popcorn :)

Legend
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Expect a full bitchfest from sir whines alot in chat later on about how much he hates chef because talking behide someone's back is the manly thing to do.you live in Alabama why are you posting on a thread meant for people who live in CA.

Weren't you the same guy bragging about buying a new toshiba laptop in chat so don't act like times are tough for you.And if you didn't know this is a open chat weren't you the same guy whining about freedom of speech in that other thread more importantly when do you ever stop whining?

ef9hatchman
02-19-2009, 11:41 PM

Weren't you the same guy bragging about buying a new toshiba laptop in chat so don't act like times are tough for you.And if you didn't know this is a open chat weren't you the same guy whining about freedom of speech in that other thread more importantly when do you ever stop whining?stating ONCE I bought a new computer, isnt bragging.I bought one for a good price.
I only told Someone about how they tried to screw me over,Then I brought it to the store managers attention,So the sales assoc. was written badly and the coporate office was notified.
Legend your a dumbass. do you really think i want to pay 9-10 percent on only sales tax. Fuckin idiot

justatransgirl
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Oh look, my two favorite people in a fight. LOL :-)

As a present resident of CA here is my opinion to hopefully get this thread back on track.

1) Obviously nobody wants higher taxes. Obviously everybody wants roads that don't require an M-1 Tank to negotiate the potholes.

But: Here is the background.

This "budget" has been going on for several months. It passed as I understand it with ONE vote. I heard yesterday they had been ganging up on and trying to get one 70+ year old legislator to cave in. When I went to bed I heard "Muldanado" was the expected passing vote. (I don't have confirmation on that.)

My problem is this was done in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! They convened both houses of the legislature at 11 pm and apparently voted on this around 1 or 2 am.

THIS IS BULLSHIT. I for one am getting tired of our legislatures doing business that cost the rest of us money in the middle of the night. The government of a free nation needs to do business during office hours when the public and media can keep an eye on these crooks for the protection of the People.

CA has the highest State income tax in the country.
CA has the highest gas tax in the country.
CA has the highest State sales tax in the country.
CA has the highest business tax in the western states.

2) This is not just a tax increase. It will increase taxes for every CA family by an average of $1,400 per year. That's over $100 a month. PEOPLE CAN'T AFFORD THAT. Not only that but when you factor out the 2 million illegal aliens who don't pay many taxes the burden will increase for the rest.

This tax add 12 cents a gallon to what is already the highest gas prices (and highHest gas tax) in the nation (along with HI and AK which are also high). That will increase our gas to over $2.37 a gallon. (Yes I know Europe pays more - but South Dakota pays less - so let's save that argument for another thread please.)

3) CA is the worlds 6th largest economy in the world (or 8th depending on which index you use). Frankly CA (along with Las Vegas, FL and AZ) CAUSED the whole economic crisis with the mortgage mess that triggered it.c

Someone calculated that the Obama bail out will give each American tax payer $1.87 per day - or about $500 over a year. While the CA tax increase will cost each person $3.80 a day.

When you have the Federal govt. spending Trillions to shore up the economy and CA turning right around and destroying many of the benefits it is non-productive.

4) Part of this tax increase is a "surcharge" on state taxes - or in real english... it is a tax upon a tax. Something specifically outlawed by the Federal Constitution. That I have a serious issue with. I for one am sick and tired of these crooked politicians lying and call a tax a "fee" or some other name. If it adds cost and goes to the government it is a TAX. Period, end of story.

The Junkyard Dog is right.

Times are tough, people need to tighten their belts. BUT - it needs to start with the bloated government and big state worker unions and state pensions that are soaking up our money. The waste needs to stop. I just read today of yet another 8 million dollar botched computer system up Sacramento. The party is over.

And Hatchman is also right. The People of CA are sick and tired of the BS.

Many are leaving. Businesses are leaving. I drive a lot, over 40,000 miles a year. I don't see any new cars on the road. Even in Newport Beach where it used to be all BMW's and MB's with lots of Rolls and Maserati's in between. You don't see new ones. They are all last years model, or 3 years old. When I drive through Dana Point I see about a 15% retail vacancy rate. Every other retail center has a for rent sign. I'm starting to see vacancies in downtown Laguna Beach. Higher end rental properties are sitting vacant for months on end. Nobody has the money for rent. Heck the largest Maserati dealer in the world with (in OC) closed recently and took 30% of Maserati's sales with it.

Obviously not many are going to cry because someone can't buy a Maserati. But my point is we are now seeing the rich tightening their belts. Drastically.

They are the ones paying the most tax. CA is driving them out of the state. It is driving business out of the state.

And this unprecedented tax increase - the largest in state history - could very well affect the rest of the country and the global economic recovery. The outcome I see is CA losing it's position in world trade, and/or slowing the overall recovery.

So, thanks to the "governator" we are all now basically fucked.

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-)

Hey buddy - can you spare a dime?

justatransgirl
02-20-2009, 12:27 AM
PS - check this link out and listen to the videos.

Sigh...

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker/article/187534/Get-Ready-for-Mass-Retail-Closings;_ylt=Ah4EEAUtMab.V6YiLQxUgza7YWsA?tickers =sks,^gspc,jwn,tif,zlc

ILuvGurls
02-20-2009, 12:33 AM
:popcorn :popcorn :)

+1.....2 actually

:popcorn :popcorn

thx1138
02-20-2009, 12:38 AM
If you think it's bad now wait until a magnitude 8.0 earthquake shatters a major city (or two). Better relocate NOW.

justatransgirl
02-20-2009, 12:51 AM
If you think it's bad now wait until a magnitude 8.0 earthquake shatters a major city (or two). Better relocate NOW.

LOL - Don't forget fires and mud slides... :-)

Can we move in with you sweetie? We don't eat much. And I clean house in the nude...

LOL,

chefmike
02-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Expect a full bitchfest from sir whines alot in chat later on about how much he hates chef because talking behide someone's back is the manly thing to do.

I'll have to take your word for it, Legend. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. I would've loved to have run into the little sissy when I WAS 17 AND ALREADY SERVING IN THE NAVY.

Smog tech? I hope when Midas lays the little crybaby off that there's still a room available at his mommy's house...

ef9hatchman
02-20-2009, 05:44 PM

I'll have to take your word for it, Legend. It certainly wouldn't surprise me. I would've loved to have run into the little sissy when I WAS 17 AND ALREADY SERVING IN THE NAVY.

Smog tech? I hope when Midas lays the little crybaby off that there's still a room available at his mommy's house...\Hrmph...I concur,Not one of your posts give Positive Addition.....So it turns out the Statebudget threw out the 12 cent per gallon,Smallest cost compared to DOUBLE-Car registration and Sale/Personal tax

Tepres
02-20-2009, 06:04 PM
9% state sales tax? Wow...Never trust Politicians. Next thing you know, they'll be taxing your food. (Seriously)

chefmike
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM

Smog tech? I hope when Midas lays the little crybaby off that there's still a room available at his mommy's house...\Hrmph...I concur,Not one of your posts give Positive Addition....

And that's moronspeak for what?

What do they teach you calikids in school, anyway?

Macrame?

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 08:49 AM

Smog tech? I hope when Midas lays the little crybaby off that there's still a room available at his mommy's house...\Hrmph...I concur,Not one of your posts give Positive Addition....

Macrame?Your a complete FAIL.Stop adding to this thread your a ignoramous.

Legend
02-21-2009, 09:34 AM
Then I brought it to the store managers attention,So the sales assoc. was written badly and the coporate office was notified.

See more whining,you've probably been a whiny bitch your whole life.You whine about everything from being depress to the f**king rain STFU AND STOP WHINING.

ef9hatchman
02-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Then I brought it to the store managers attention,So the sales assoc. was written badly and the coporate office was notified.

See more whining,you've probably been a whiny bitch your whole life.You whine about everything from being depress to the f**king rain STFU AND STOP WHINING.kid u need to stop being a hero. just shut up.get back on topic

chefmike
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM

Macrame?Your a complete FAIL.Stop adding to this thread your a ignoramous.

Like I said, more moronspeak :roll:

curioustwo
02-25-2009, 10:04 AM
why don't you just move then?

justatransgirl
02-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I love it.

After two years of lurking, Curious wastes his first post on this thread... LOL :-)

But sweetie you are absolutely correct.

We are working on extracting ourselves to Nevada. But it's not that easy.

My partner has another year of taking advantage of the CA subsidized University system.

And the one thing CA does have going for it is that property taxes are low compared to many states. So my idea is, own real estate in CA, but live elsewhere.

Bye, bye,

Silcc69
02-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh look, my two favorite people in a fight. LOL :-)

As a present resident of CA here is my opinion to hopefully get this thread back on track.

1) Obviously nobody wants higher taxes. Obviously everybody wants roads that don't require an M-1 Tank to negotiate the potholes.

But: Here is the background.

This "budget" has been going on for several months. It passed as I understand it with ONE vote. I heard yesterday they had been ganging up on and trying to get one 70+ year old legislator to cave in. When I went to bed I heard "Muldanado" was the expected passing vote. (I don't have confirmation on that.)

My problem is this was done in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! They convened both houses of the legislature at 11 pm and apparently voted on this around 1 or 2 am.

THIS IS BULLSHIT. I for one am getting tired of our legislatures doing business that cost the rest of us money in the middle of the night. The government of a free nation needs to do business during office hours when the public and media can keep an eye on these crooks for the protection of the People.

CA has the highest State income tax in the country.
CA has the highest gas tax in the country.
CA has the highest State sales tax in the country.
CA has the highest business tax in the western states.

2) This is not just a tax increase. It will increase taxes for every CA family by an average of $1,400 per year. That's over $100 a month. PEOPLE CAN'T AFFORD THAT. Not only that but when you factor out the 2 million illegal aliens who don't pay many taxes the burden will increase for the rest.

This tax add 12 cents a gallon to what is already the highest gas prices (and highHest gas tax) in the nation (along with HI and AK which are also high). That will increase our gas to over $2.37 a gallon. (Yes I know Europe pays more - but South Dakota pays less - so let's save that argument for another thread please.)

3) CA is the worlds 6th largest economy in the world (or 8th depending on which index you use). Frankly CA (along with Las Vegas, FL and AZ) CAUSED the whole economic crisis with the mortgage mess that triggered it.c

Someone calculated that the Obama bail out will give each American tax payer $1.87 per day - or about $500 over a year. While the CA tax increase will cost each person $3.80 a day.

When you have the Federal govt. spending Trillions to shore up the economy and CA turning right around and destroying many of the benefits it is non-productive.

4) Part of this tax increase is a "surcharge" on state taxes - or in real english... it is a tax upon a tax. Something specifically outlawed by the Federal Constitution. That I have a serious issue with. I for one am sick and tired of these crooked politicians lying and call a tax a "fee" or some other name. If it adds cost and goes to the government it is a TAX. Period, end of story.

The Junkyard Dog is right.

Times are tough, people need to tighten their belts. BUT - it needs to start with the bloated government and big state worker unions and state pensions that are soaking up our money. The waste needs to stop. I just read today of yet another 8 million dollar botched computer system up Sacramento. The party is over.

And Hatchman is also right. The People of CA are sick and tired of the BS.

Many are leaving. Businesses are leaving. I drive a lot, over 40,000 miles a year. I don't see any new cars on the road. Even in Newport Beach where it used to be all BMW's and MB's with lots of Rolls and Maserati's in between. You don't see new ones. They are all last years model, or 3 years old. When I drive through Dana Point I see about a 15% retail vacancy rate. Every other retail center has a for rent sign. I'm starting to see vacancies in downtown Laguna Beach. Higher end rental properties are sitting vacant for months on end. Nobody has the money for rent. Heck the largest Maserati dealer in the world with (in OC) closed recently and took 30% of Maserati's sales with it.

Obviously not many are going to cry because someone can't buy a Maserati. But my point is we are now seeing the rich tightening their belts. Drastically.

They are the ones paying the most tax. CA is driving them out of the state. It is driving business out of the state.

And this unprecedented tax increase - the largest in state history - could very well affect the rest of the country and the global economic recovery. The outcome I see is CA losing it's position in world trade, and/or slowing the overall recovery.

So, thanks to the "governator" we are all now basically fucked.

Sigh,

Hey buddy - can you spare a dime?

Ouch that really hurts even me. But we have one of the highest sales tax in TN. And they tax our food over here too. 9.25% sucks.