PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Have a Problem with This?

Oli
02-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Appeared in today's NY Post. For those not from the area, the Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch and is the conservative tabloid in town.

http://www.nypost.com/delonas/2009/02/02182009.jpg

dan_yearsgone83
02-19-2009, 04:28 AM
Wow.

Legend
02-19-2009, 04:29 AM
owned by Rupert Murdoch

Isn't that the same clown who owns fox news.

saifan
02-19-2009, 04:29 AM
I see what they were going for but it can be misread. Think it is more a statement on all politicians and not just Obama. After all he didn't draft the thing himself.

JHANIAH L0VE
02-19-2009, 04:31 AM
cute monkey lmfao!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alyssa87
02-19-2009, 04:32 AM
cute monkey lmfao!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how insightful

JHANIAH L0VE
02-19-2009, 04:35 AM
oh shitt i cant stopp fucking laughing at that damn monkey!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alyssa87
02-19-2009, 04:36 AM
anyway- i understand what Murdoch was trying to get across.

but the old practice of comparing black people to monkeys is one that should not be brought back.

not to mention the fact he is depicting our president's assassination. i dont remember Bush, as hated as he was, being depicted as slain in any major publications.

trish
02-19-2009, 04:41 AM
I figured the monkey represented the devolving trickle downers and tax cutters who got some of their failed policies written into the bill and then failed to vote for it anyway. Next time the dems will write the bill themselves. (okay, I didn't figure that...but that's my spin)

fred41
02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
I don't think he means to do that at all. First a little background (cause a lot of members here don't come from the tri-state area): A

but the old practice of comparing black people to monkeys is one that should not be brought back.

not to mention the fact he is depicting our president's assassination. i dont remember Bush, as hated as he was, being depicted as slain in any major publications. local woman around here was living with a chimpanzee who as he was getting older - went ape -shit (no-pun intended) and started biting the face off the lady's best friend. the cops were called and the chimp was killed.

I don't think the cartoonist is implying that Obama is getting shot - especially since he didn't craft the stimulus bill. I think he's implying that a monkey (or an asshole) crafted that bill and now we'll have to find another moron to do it.

Probably a bad choice..but not everyone jumps to the same conclusions in life..so lets give the cartoonist the benefit of a doubt. All conservatives aren't repressed racists...just like all liberals aren't communists.

Odelay
02-19-2009, 04:49 AM
I figured the monkey represented the devolving trickle downers and tax cutters who got some of their failed policies written into the bill and then failed to vote for it anyway. Next time the dems will write the bill themselves. (okay, I didn't figure that...but that's my spin)

Trish, you give people the benefit of the doubt. It is a very nice trait of yours. 8)

trish
02-19-2009, 04:54 AM
Thank you Odelay, now you're making me feel bad for yanking addicted's chain just for the laughs.

Alyssa87
02-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Has he explained his intent behind the drawing?

fred41
02-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Has he explained his intent behind the drawing?

Not yet..this was in todays N.Y.Post..so if there is an explanation, it'll be in tomorrows paper..if at all (he's their everyday political caroonist..)

peggygee
02-19-2009, 05:27 AM

not to mention the fact he is depicting our president's assassination. i dont remember Bush, as hated as he was, being depicted as slain in any major publications.

Foremost, I also inferred the racial connotations that Alyssa makes
mention of.

Secondly, I got a not so subtle sense of violent undertones directed
at our President.

Being a native New Yorker, and being very cognizant of the New York
Post's long term practice of yellow journalism, I feel that there is merit
to be suspicious of this 'cartoon'.

:2cent

smart
02-19-2009, 05:34 AM
Desperate times for the right wing. They need to do stupid things to sell papers.

Fox
02-19-2009, 05:53 AM
*sigh...*

flabbybody
02-19-2009, 05:54 AM
people who buy newspapers are like WW II veterans. everyday a few more thousand of them die off. for the Post to publish this bullshit it makes their extinction come even more quickly.
thankfully

F U New York Post

El Nino
02-19-2009, 05:57 AM
I see where u all are coming from, but it should be noted that Bush was also portrayed as a chimp time and time again. Six in one, a half dozen in the other, I guess...

slinky
02-19-2009, 06:31 AM
If the chimp was wearing a wig half the guys on this forum would be asking for contact info.

BrendaQG
02-19-2009, 07:15 AM
At first I was like WHAT!

Then It's like ok I get it. The Stimulus bill is such a mess that it is as if a rabbid chimp wrote it. Har dee har har. :roll:

Getting angry at this is what their going for. The conservative media is filled with anger that the liberal media is so deferential towards Obama. "Like how dare you criticize the historic first black president. Don't you republicans know his farts smell like potpouri?" sigh I would just like to force them to all work together and mabey we can get some neutral unbiased news.

JHANIAH L0VE
02-19-2009, 08:26 AM
If the chimp was wearing a wig half the guys on this forum would be asking for contact info.i almost died when i read this!!! OMFG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

ottorocket
02-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Appeared in today's NY Post. For those not from the area, the Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch and is the conservative tabloid in town.

Nope no problem. The bill sucks ass...hope ya'll like 70's style inflation. On a seperate note i'd rather see a picture of the crazy bitch who owned the chimp taking the bullet than that innocent animal who was a victim of animal cruelty IMO.

mildcigar_2001
02-19-2009, 08:39 AM
What crybabies. I think it is a time honored tradition (and sadly accurate) to compare the Congress to Chimps (perhaps if anyone if being defamed it is the chimps). Congress should be tarred and feathered for adding another trillion to the national debt.

barefootjoe69
02-19-2009, 08:44 AM
If the chimp was wearing a wig half the guys on this forum would be asking for contact info.

This was already done here! :lol:

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=42535

mrtron
02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
denial - the only explanation for not seeing the blatant racism in this. imply that our black president is a monkey, conjure images of a presidential assasination, and tie it in to a current local "news" story. oh so clever.

chefmike
02-19-2009, 09:41 AM

Nope no problem. The bill sucks ass...hope ya'll like 70's style inflation. On a seperate note i'd rather see a picture of the crazy bitch who owned the chimp taking the bullet than that innocent animal who was a victim of animal cruelty IMO.

Lay off the Limbaugh, LOSER!!

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=42646

thx1138
02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
GOP fighting for money from stimulus they opposed : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/18/gop-fighting-for-money-fr_n_167914.html And yes the hatred for Obama is very real. Goes back to civil war days.

JerseyMike
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
People hated Bush and people hate Obama, nothing really new.

rico87
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Fawk the politicians , that chimp getting shot is bullshit, how was this lady able to keep it as a pet ? Why couldn't they just taser the chimp ? no need to shoot it ! She lost her daughter so she went out and bought a chimp ?
wtf is wrong with this world ?

tsntx
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
so i was flipping thru channels here in houston bored and i see this black guy talking about some bs and i cant stop laughing bc hes crosseyed

so i thought id take a pic and share it so yall could laugh too

and while taking one guy goes "can you not see whats going on here??" and then goes "oh right sorry"

lmao wtf !!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

turns out they were talking about this same stupid ass cartoon

EyeCumInPiece
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
1. i thought it was funny.

2. it makes no sense for every1 to be up in arms about a satirical cartoon drawing being racist when, in reality, that piece of shit rag NY Post makes racially insensitive statements on a daily basis.

karaalextv
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
In art, the artist must fully understand and acknowledge the context of their "social commentary". It's clear to me that this cartoonist is confused about his role in making such comments. Of course, it would be politically correct for everyone to just "give the guy the benefit of the doubt", but to me that is just giving the guy way too much credit. I believe he knew WHAT he wanted to convey and his editor also agreed. Both are culpable and ultimately have their own dose of social commentary and perspective to swallow.

eddymunster90
02-19-2009, 04:36 PM
The artist of that cartoon has already explained he mixed the stimulus bill and the resent story of the killer pet chimp to come up with his piece. Personally I agree with what he's trying to say, some of you need to get your panties unbunched.

houndog
02-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Of course our leading self serving politician Al Sharpton jumped right on the cartoon....we could have figured that would happen.

It's a shame that certain communities have such thin skins that they can't take an editorial cartoon while they continue to practice intolerence when any person out of their community offers a set of opposing views.

jcinva
02-19-2009, 06:22 PM
A reference to the pet chimp that went nuts and had to be gunned down in, I believe, CT. Connection to the stimulus bill, pretty tenuous.

It's a reach to get bent out of shape, inferring a racial slur. But then, it's the editor's job to consider people drawing long inferences. Could have been avoided to avert cries of racial foul.

Then, too, how long we going to tip toe around Obama race. Guy's black. There: it's out.

Media didn't go out of its way to censor cartoonists portraying Bush as a Western yokel hick.

Oli
02-19-2009, 06:45 PM
Media didn't go out of its way to censor cartoonists portraying Bush as a Western yokel hick.

Bush was portrayed as a HUMAN in those cartoons.

Simian references to Obama are out of line.

reddragon1981_2002
02-19-2009, 07:14 PM
I see where u all are coming from, but it should be noted that Bush was also portrayed as a chimp time and time again. Six in one, a half dozen in the other, I guess...

Exactly, go to google image and search "George Bush Chimp" and you will get an entire page of images comparing him to a chimp. Also, there was an entire mocumentary about him being assassinated. I am not a Bush fan by any means and not a right winger in any sense, I just think that if he could handle it, its even more racist saying that Obama can't handle it because he is black.

JHANIAH L0VE
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM

This was already done here! :lol:

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=42535i saw her on maury omg!

goldensamba
02-19-2009, 07:37 PM
so i was flipping thru channels here in houston bored and i see this black guy talking about some bs and i cant stop laughing bc hes crosseyed

so i thought id take a pic and share it so yall could laugh too

and while taking one guy goes "can you not see whats going on here??" and then goes "oh right sorry"

lmao wtf !!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

turns out they were talking about this same stupid ass cartoon

I watched this idiot on AC360 as well. Somehow they found the one black man on the planet who still denies that racism ever existed. Maybe he can't see it with that eye looking the wrong way all the time.

luv4Tgirls
02-19-2009, 08:00 PM
No, that is funny as hell, I lmao everytime I see it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :claps

BrendaQG
02-19-2009, 08:09 PM

Bush was portrayed as a HUMAN in those cartoons.

Simian references to Obama are out of line.

I think here is where there is a leap of logic. Just because a monkey is in the cartoon and refered to as having "written" the stimulus bill that does not mean that the monkey is therefore Obama.

I know I know the post record, i know the context of the commentary better than any but other skin color minority persons here. I thought that it was a reference to Obama at first. Then after taking a breath.... It's clearly just a commentary on what the artist and the editorial team at the post think about the stimulus bill. Which if anyone rationally think's obama sat down and wrote all those pages (I hear it's something like 1100 or is that 11,000). Come on. That was the work of the house, senate, and the president. Therefore this is a commentary on the way washington worked in this case.

It has to be fair game to criticize the president in all kinds of ways. I say it is racist to treat Obama with special deference because of his race. Black people don't need special handling.

dgs925
02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
First off, when I saw the cartoon I didn't get the impression that the chimp was Obama. I took it to mean that the stimulus bill was so shoddy that it couldn't have been written by a thinking human being. If you saw the chimp as Obama, maybe you are the racist.

Secondly, will you people stop saying the word "monkey"? It's obviously an ape!

barefootjoe69
02-19-2009, 09:21 PM
People that see this as racist need to educate themselves on Government.
It's clear that that the Chimp isn't Obama. The Chimp represents all the members of Congress who wrote the stimulus bill. Obama didn't write the Stimulus Bill.
Let me repeat! OBAMA DIDN'T WRITE THE STIMULUS BILL!!!
He only signed into law what was presented to him!

Now granted the cartoon may be in bad taste because it pokes fun of a tragic incident where one person is still fighting for their life and will never be the same even if they do live.
But Racist? HELL NO!!!!

timxxx
02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Sean Delonas(the cartoonist) has a history,GLAAD(nothing to do with any one here :wink: )named him one of their worst people of 2008 for homophobic cartoons.

houndog
02-19-2009, 09:53 PM
No problem at all....I do have a problem with Al Sharpton, Governor Patterson, and others who jump on the political correctness bandwagon for personal gain from this.

Obama is not a chimpanzee......and I feel bad for the chimp as his stupid owner fed him Zanax and he had a reaction to the meds he was being given for lime disease.....

Obama couldn't be in this cartoon....he's too busy campaigning across the country for his failed bailout package that will drive future generations even further into the hole !

chefmike
02-19-2009, 10:08 PM
No problem at all....I do have a problem with Al Sharpton, Governor Patterson, and others who jump on the political correctness bandwagon for personal gain from this.

Obama is not a chimpanzee......and I feel bad for the chimp as his stupid owner fed him Zanax and he had a reaction to the meds he was being given for lime disease.....

Obama couldn't be in this cartoon....he's too busy campaigning across the country for his failed bailout package that will drive future generations even further into the hole !

Another Limbaugh LOSER!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ann-pettifor/the-fiscal-stimulus-will_b_167119.html

ottorocket
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM
ChefMike... I have to just laugh at what a pathetic race-baiting loser you are.

houndog
02-19-2009, 10:41 PM
ChefMike......you are a pathetic loser......get real and try and understand what this Administration is doing to future generations....who cares about you and your losing liberal attitude !

chefmike
02-19-2009, 10:42 PM
ChefMike... I have to just laugh at what a pathetic race-baiting loser you are.

Loser? Time to check the news, dittohead. Whose got the mandate now, bitch?

trish
02-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Pay them no mind, chef. Republicans and libertarians always were pathetic whiners. It was signed into law not two days ago and hounddog's pronouncing it failed. On what evidence? I presume on the fact that it doesn't give him a hard-on.

Ts CinthyaNY
02-20-2009, 07:37 AM

LMFAO... It sure would be Slinky. They still can find them around rossevelt and 76th st in Queens... LMAO

Ts CinthyaNY
02-20-2009, 07:44 AM
I don't think he means to do that at all. First a little background (cause a lot of members here don't come from the tri-state area): A

not to mention the fact he is depicting our president's assassination. i dont remember Bush, as hated as he was, being depicted as slain in any major publications. local woman around here was living with a chimpanzee who as he was getting older - went ape -shit (no-pun intended) and started biting the face off the lady's best friend. the cops were called and the chimp was killed.

I don't think the cartoonist is implying that Obama is getting shot - especially since he didn't craft the stimulus bill. I think he's implying that a monkey (or an asshole) crafted that bill and now we'll have to find another moron to do it.

Probably a bad choice..but not everyone jumps to the same conclusions in life..so lets give the cartoonist the benefit of a doubt. All conservatives aren't repressed racists...just like all liberals aren't communists.

And it is point made it... It was a simple cartoon mockery of the situation in CT and implies the Stimulus Bill which it wasn't pleasantly taken by the conservatives , but well certain people seem to fit the shirt and taken so seriously ... Have to really look at the cartoon and get the context to finally understand it.

BluegrassCat
02-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Wait wait... so everyone here who denies the obama-chimp connection thinks that a political cartoonist, someone who trades in political and social symbols, would be unaware of the history of black-ape slurs? And that the stimulus was Obama's first big policy initiative (and possibly most important) as president and is associated with no one person more than Obama? Where's Seth and Amy to do Really??!!!

goldensamba
02-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Wait wait... so everyone here who denies the obama-chimp connection thinks that a political cartoonist, someone who trades in political and social symbols, would be unaware of the history of black-ape slurs? And that the stimulus was Obama's first big policy initiative (and possibly most important) as president and is associated with no one person more than Obama? Where's Seth and Amy to do Really??!!!

Not to mention that this guy has a history of being a biggot and a racist in his cartoons.

jackal03
02-20-2009, 08:35 AM
For those that don't get the cartoon, or think it's racist - you're in need of some serious introspection (that means examining your own mental and emotional state) because you might find that you're indeed delusional and simply choosing what you want to see.

mrtron
02-20-2009, 08:52 AM
sorry bro, depicting the first black president as dead monkey with bullet holes in it pretty much screams racism. i think...just a hunch though, can't be certain, the cartoonist knew exactly what he was doing.

dan_drade
02-20-2009, 09:26 AM
I did not find it to be funny or offensive. I suppose people can read whatever they want into it.

dan_drade
02-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Oh, one more thing. I suppose if you are a member of PETA, you might take offense to this.

fitz207
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
For those that don't get the cartoon, or think it's racist - you're in need of some serious introspection (that means examining your own mental and emotional state) because you might find that you're indeed delusional and simply choosing what you want to see.
You're a total idiot. I guess you think the curious George t-shirts weren't racist either? If you look at the history of the USA, you would know that cartoon was meant to be racist. I mean why would AA be offended from being referred to as apes? (Sarcasm) Check out history of racism in America.

This is why a lot of blacks would be offended by that cartoon. Because it's been done in the past. Do you see now?

fitz207
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
Pay them no mind, chef. Republicans and libertarians always were pathetic whiners. It was signed into law not two days ago and hounddog's pronouncing it failed. On what evidence? I presume on the fact that it doesn't give him a hard-on.
:claps :claps :claps

fitz207
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM
i see this black guy talking about some bs and i cant stop laughing bc hes crosseyed
That cross eyed idiot is Ron Christie...and he's an asshole to boot. :lol:

sockmonkey
02-20-2009, 11:38 AM
It's not possible for this cartoon to be racist, as President Obama did not author any part of the stimulus bill. Inferring racist sentiment would have to mean that he did write it, which isn't the case.

If anything, this calls to my mind the "infinite monkey theorem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem)," and would similarly imply that the 535 monkeys in the 111th Congress could hammer out a flawed bill given enough time and typewriters (although whether or not you believe the bill is flawed is the valid part of the debate, not that the monkey is a racist figure in this context). More accurately, though, the cartoonist would seem to imply that no one of human intellect could possibly have come up with such a bill (which, again, is debatable).

clarknog
02-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Probably just echoing stated opinions, but here is mine.

While most folks with a basic level of understanding of government would know that the president would not have authored the stimulus bill, because Obama has touted this bill loudly and repeatedly, it will be considered "his". So it follows, a dead chimp along with that caption, will be viewed by many as him. And let us not all pretend that this concept escaped the cartoonist. And let us also not pretend blacks were viewed for many years as animals (specifically apes and monkeys. Porch monkey ring a bell?) or less that animals.

The NY Post is notorious for being racist and homophobic, so as a NYer, I am not surprised at all by this cartoon. Had this cartoon appeared somewhere more credible, I might be offended. But for the Post, this is standard operating procedure.

And to add, as a Black Republican (yes you read that right), I have a problem with the fact that any perceived social injustice toward blacks is dealt with by the likes of Al Sharpton. We need another mouthpiece. Seriously.

Clark - No glasses

Solitary Brother
02-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Of course the cartoon is racist and aimed at Obama but it is something else...
Subtle.
But I must ask what were the intentions of the publishers of the NY POST in printing this cartoon?
This is very much in the vein of the NEW YORKER magazine cover with Michelle and Barack portrayed as terrorists and I must say this reeks of Jewish prejudice.
Why do i say that?
Because the publishers of both papers are Jewish but more than that the racism of both cartoons are very nuanced.....something Jews are very good at.
Im glad this kind of thing is coming to the fore actually because it dispels long held myths about Jews not being prejudiced.
I am a little more panoramic in my assessment of these situations.

chefmike
02-20-2009, 06:10 PM

I think you meant ignoramic, geekmeat.

BrendaQG
02-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Subtle.
But I must ask what were the intentions of the publishers of the NY POST in printing this cartoon?
This is very much in the vein of the NEW YORKER magazine cover with Michelle and Barack portrayed as terrorists and I must say this reeks of Jewish prejudice.
Why do i say that?
Because the publishers of both papers are Jewish but more than that the racism of both cartoons are very nuanced.....something Jews are very good at.
Im glad this kind of thing is coming to the fore actually because it dispels long held myths about Jews not being prejudiced.

Ok then solitary... From the above one could say you must be an anti-semite.

Hows it feel you racist.:-)

goldensamba
02-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Subtle.
Why do i say that?

Ok then solitary... From the above one could say you must be an anti-semite.

Hows it feel you racist.:-)

Although I think the cartoon is racist I agree with Brenda here.

I'm not sure where this myth about Jews not being prejudiced you speak of is from. We only need listen to the chatter about Gaza and Arabs to know that is not true. Every ethnicity and religion has its share of biggots.

BrendaQG
02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
True. No race is free of racism. But come on in politics you have to have a thick skin. I mean think about it. If you are president, even if you win by a landslide there will still be Millions of people who will hate you, and Millions more who just don't think you can do the job and not vote for you.

I'll bet us here are paying more attention to this than Barrack is.

chefmike
02-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Remember Jesse Jackson and hymietown? And don't get me started on that clown Sharpton...did anyone see the SNL cartoon about Obama wisely distancing himself from those two bloviators?

For the record, I abhor political correctness and have taken heat on this forum(re my defense of Don Imus among other things) and elsewhere with otherwise like-minded individuals regarding the issue of PCness.

So I support the right-wing rag's right to publish the cartoon, but anyone who denies it's racist intent is as dumb as Murdoch is rich...

Alyssa87
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Probably just echoing stated opinions, but here is mine.

While most folks with a basic level of understanding of government would know that the president would not have authored the stimulus bill, because Obama has touted this bill loudly and repeatedly, it will be considered "his". So it follows, a dead chimp along with that caption, will be viewed by many as him. And let us not all pretend that this concept escaped the cartoonist. And let us also not pretend blacks were viewed for many years as animals (specifically apes and monkeys. Porch monkey ring a bell?) or less that animals.

+1

Right, most people think he wrote it... and the cartoonist knows this.

The ageold practice of depicting black people as apes- and SLAIN ones at that, makes this an open and shut case.

People who dont think that the cartoonist was in some way attacking PRESIDENT OBAMA, are undermining his intelligence.
He's racist, not dumb.

barefootjoe69
02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I guess I'm a racist because I think this is funny!

dgs925
02-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Right, most people think he wrote it...

Are most people that stupid? You aren't giving the public much credit here. The bailout has been all over the news, even months before obama took office.

Besides everyone knows that presidents don't write bills, they sign them. Anyone who doesn't know that is too stupid for their opinion to matter.

Alyssa87
02-20-2009, 09:12 PM

Are most people that stupid? You aren't giving the public much credit here. The bailout has been all over the news, even months before obama took office.

Besides everyone knows that presidents don't write bills, they sign them. Anyone who doesn't know that is too stupid for their opinion to matter.

i think most people are that stupid.
and so does the cartoonist.

clarknog
02-20-2009, 10:21 PM

Have you met the public recently? Talk to a few people in a few places, and you too will realize the public is that stupid. It amazes me that most can drive and chew gum without killing themselves. And you want them to understand government?

Clark - No glasses

BrendaQG
02-20-2009, 10:48 PM

Have you met the public recently? Talk to a few people in a few places, and you too will realize the public is that stupid. It amazes me that most can drive and chew gum without killing themselves. And you want them to understand government?

Clark - No glasses

I'm sad to say you are probably right. Most people have no idea of the context the artist was thinking in. So they revert to what they know and bam... racism is the only possible explanation.

Let me ask this. How many of our public affairs analyst here listen to any talk radio? Any Stephanie Miller, or Bill Press? Their liberal democrats not politically objectionable to most here at all... How many read the actual news paper on a regular basis? :-/ I'm not asking this to be a asshole but real talk how many commenting here did that in the last two month's?

goldensamba
02-21-2009, 01:24 AM
True. No race is free of racism. But come on in politics you have to have a thick skin. I mean think about it. If you are president, even if you win by a landslide there will still be Millions of people who will hate you, and Millions more who just don't think you can do the job and not vote for you.

I'll bet us here are paying more attention to this than Barrack is.

Actually no you don't need to have a thick skin. Politics needs to be about issues and not personal attacks. Remove that ad you solve the problem. If we didn't have career politicians it would not be as nasty as it is now.

tsntx
02-21-2009, 06:07 AM
while yes i got the idea in my head "shot up monkey = barrack" ... reading the text and how it was used should be clear to anyone w/ an IQ over the monkey depicted that the monkey doesnt represent the prez... it represents the "clown" or the "idiot" that wrote the bill

getting the idea of obama as the monkey was bc of my own knowledge of racial terms..... not bc i senced a dig at the prez

Godownunder
02-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Not a problem for me at all......