PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Pair of Causal Shoes?

Floyd R
02-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Can someone recommend a good brand of casual shoes that can be worn in an office environment on Fridays (dress down day)? I'm looking for shoes that are comfortable and also look nice. I'm thinking of purchasing Merrell shoes but have no idea what's in style or popular? Does anyone in here wear Merrell shoes? Thanks.

TsJennifer
02-13-2009, 02:26 AM
Geox has nice mens shoes...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Diesel

the_corner
02-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Clarks

Jericho
02-13-2009, 03:19 AM
Hush Puppys! :shrug

justatransgirl
02-13-2009, 03:20 AM
LOL - too funny - t-girls telling men what kind of shoes to wear... :-)

I'm with Coroner - Clarks. I like the "wallaby" suede with the high tops. I've worn them all my life. It's like wearing moccasins. I still wear them, since they are kind of a bi-sexual shoe. I also like Topsiders.

But I LOVE my Uggs!

Giggles,
TS Jamie :-)

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/culture/2006/01/03/FASHION-UGGS2%5B1%5D267x400.JPG

SXFX
02-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Geox has nice mens shoes...
+1
Adidas and Puma both make great casual shoes.

crownroyal
02-13-2009, 03:55 AM
Steve Madden.

And your avatar is scary...

hwbs
02-13-2009, 04:27 AM
i have some kenneth cole sport type shoes with silver technology....cole haan also makes nice ones infused with nike air to be nice and comfortable...

TsJennifer
02-13-2009, 04:48 AM
LOL - too funny - t-girls telling men what kind of shoes to wear... :-)

I'm with Coroner - Clarks. I like the "wallaby" suede with the high tops. I've worn them all my life. It's like wearing moccasins. I still wear them, since they are kind of a bi-sexual shoe. I also like Topsiders.

But I LOVE my Uggs!

Giggles,

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/culture/2006/01/03/FASHION-UGGS2%5B1%5D267x400.JPG

well when you go shopping with a bf or husband you pay attention to the things they like.

Realgirls4me
02-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Merrell shoes, for a casual dress down Friday, huh?
Well, what kind of terrain will your shoes encounter in this office? Is your office thermostat set above the high teens? What activities are likely to take place in this office, beside rock climbing and spelunking? Um, how many single women work alongside you? ...You do care what women think of your shoes, right?

Seriously, unless you work in a sporting goods store or ski shop, leave the Merrell type shoe to the the weekend groups in search of Yeti.
There are plenty -- PLENTY -- of casual leather upper shoes that go well with jeans or Docker/khaki type trousers. My personal favorites are certain models from Rockport. They are stylish(*), lightweight, COMFORTABLE, and durable. Rockport, along with Nunn Bush and the shoes I am currently wearing, Bostonian, make some great shoes, which not only scream casual, but also aren't too hard on your pocketbook.

There's my two cents on this matter. Just keep in mind that many women claim to judge a man by his shoes, so maybe you are better off beginning this topic with a "Women Only" heading. They'll certainly let you know. ;)

* Of course, style is in the eye of the beholder here.

justatransgirl
02-13-2009, 05:02 AM
well when you go shopping with a bf you pay attention to the things they like.

LOL Jennifer :-)

But dear, when you go shopping with a BF he's supposed to be buying YOU shoes! :-)

Hugs and giggles,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Sarah622/p-juliet.jpg

Floyd R
02-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks alot everyone for the replies. I notice many of you have listed the brand of shoes, can you also include the model that you like? I hope I am not asking for too much. Thanks for your help.

Realgirls4me
02-13-2009, 05:11 AM
... Speaking of shoes, here is my recent purchase of "dress" shoes from a few months ago. Style, at a very, VERY affordable price, and they do go well with jeans too.

http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.cgi?product_id=7214805&color_id=3&view=multi&ref=multi-pic

:)

Realgirls4me
02-13-2009, 05:13 AM
Thanks alot everyone for the replies. I notice many of you have listed the brand of shoes, can you also include the model that you like? I hope I am not asking for too much. Thanks for your help.

Just take a woman along, Floyd. Jeez, Louise.

;)

crownroyal
02-13-2009, 05:18 AM
May I recommend the tan leather:

http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=47305

TsJennifer
02-13-2009, 05:23 AM
well when you go shopping with a bf you pay attention to the things they like.

LOL Jennifer :-)

But dear, when you go shopping with a BF he's supposed to be buying YOU shoes! :-)

Hugs and giggles,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Sarah622/p-juliet.jpg

Lol.... oh no girl i wouldnt wear those shoes....lol not quite my style!

SkyTwo
02-13-2009, 09:32 AM
Are causal shoes related to cruel shoes?

Roadwarrior
02-14-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm in the shoe business. In fact I'm at a big trade show for shoes right now. Many of the brands that everyone is talking about have good shoes. The Madden shoes might look good but that company works with low cost factories to produce the best profit possible not the best shoes possible. Not as comfortable as the other brands mentioned. But the truth of the matter is that not every shoe is for every foot. You need to shop the stores, try things on and buy what you like and more important what fits your foot.

whatislove
02-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm in the shoe business. In fact I'm at a big trade show for shoes right now. Many of the brands that everyone is talking about have good shoes. The Madden shoes might look good but that company works with low cost factories to produce the best profit possible not the best shoes possible. Not as comfortable as the other brands mentioned. But the truth of the matter is that not every shoe is for every foot. You need to shop the stores, try things on and buy what you like and more important what fits your foot.

With the inside track is there a some brands that are styling, and have a lot of value...