PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Vs HA

SXFX
02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
what gives? this pages totally messes up Firefox?

CaptainGeech
02-12-2009, 03:50 AM
What do you mean messes up firefox? Does it crash for you or something? I have never viewed this site with any other browser and I dont recall having any issues. Well thats not totally true. The bright pink color scheme fucks my eyes up sometimes.

SXFX
02-12-2009, 03:52 AM
as i place my arrow / cursor over the first page of a post a little box pops up with a preview. As I move on that box doesn't go away. I have to refresh the page.
Strange.

CaptainGeech
02-12-2009, 03:55 AM
Hmmm. That is strange. Mine go away the moment I move my cursor to the side. Never been a huge fan of that feature.

kukm4
02-12-2009, 03:58 AM
prob. wont fix it but worth a try.

try clearing your download history.

Tools--options---Advanced--Network(tab)--press
Clear Now button for (offline storage).

Then close Firefox program and start it up again.

I did this when FF recently updated and for some reason youtube videos would not display. Did the above and it worked again.

Hope this helps.

SXFX
02-12-2009, 04:01 AM
nope! :-(

SarahG
02-12-2009, 04:03 AM
I have the same problem intermittently. Its an annoyance but I love firefox so I ignore it.

kukm4
02-12-2009, 04:08 AM
Only other thing I can think of would be to make sure you have both flash and java updated to latest version.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

http://java.com/en/

Helvis2012
02-12-2009, 04:19 AM
makes sense. :evil:

timebomb
02-12-2009, 05:15 AM
I just open the topics I want in a new tab! Then I dont have to keep refreshing.

NYCe
02-12-2009, 05:24 AM
That's my fault. I hand coded that preview function before I started using Firefox. It's pretty annoying, i'll admit. It's on the list of fixes that need to be done to this site.

El Nino
02-12-2009, 05:32 AM
Yo NYCe is it a script error?

Willie Escalade
02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
I just open the topics I want in a new tab! Then I dont have to keep refreshing.
That's what I do...but only because other topics get replied to so fast. I did have the text box problem as well though; I ignored it. :D

dan_drade
02-12-2009, 08:52 AM
what gives? this pages totally messes up Firefox?

Just use IE

justatransgirl
02-12-2009, 09:26 AM
I've always used Firefox, no problems with windows - but since the last "update" whenever I try to right click and steal, er I mean download, a photo Friefox crashes. It only happens with this site.

I've no idea - and I live with a computer hacker, er I mean Computer Science college student and she doesn't know either.

And this stupid computer I'm using won't take Google Chrome unless I install service pack 2 and Microsoft won't let me do that because when I had the computer worked on a couple of years ago (at an authorized Toshiba dealer) apparently they reloaded a copy of windows that isn't registered to this computer... All this stuff is getting a little too restrictive. Maybe it's time to go back to Mac.

You hear me Bill? MAC!

Sigh,
TS Jamie :-)

ef9hatchman
02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Firefox is known to crash Servers so I see it having no problem fucking up a personal comp.

Ziggy33
02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Same thing happens to me.

Jim Brown
02-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Um mean like this.

yeah yall leave firefox alone, gaddammit.

SarahG
02-12-2009, 01:46 PM
...and I live with a computer hacker, er I mean Computer Science college student and she doesn't know either.

And this stupid computer I'm using won't take Google Chrome unless I install service pack 2 and Microsoft won't let me do that because when I had the computer worked on a couple of years ago (at an authorized Toshiba dealer) apparently they reloaded a copy of windows that isn't registered to this computer...

Er wait. You live with a "hacker" yet you can't get past windows validation? :?:

Something doesn't compute with that scenario, LOL!

Nikka
02-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I use FF and no problema

hwbs
02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
i had a problem with 2 v bulletin sites i would visit....they both would crash my page after trying to load....i believe it was right after i went to the new version of ff...don't seem to have much problems except sometimes the preview pop up sticks to the front page...

flabbybody
05-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Only other thing I can think of would be to make sure you have both flash and java updated to latest version.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

http://java.com/en/

firefox doesn't let me view video clips on myspace. it displays the message to download latest adobe flashplayer then warns me the program may contain harmful viruses.
ugh.. so I'm back to freakin IE

do the above links work?

MariaTgirl
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I had that problem with Firefox too. I do like the feature though because it helps you to judge whether a thread is worth reading.

But I seem to be getting browser problems more and more frequently anyway. Recently I've tried Firefox, Opera and IE8 and none have been particularly stable. I'm now on Google Chrome and, touch wood, it seems ok so far.

Dinand
05-20-2009, 10:27 PM
as i place my arrow / cursor over the first page of a post a little box pops up with a preview. As I move on that box doesn't go away. I have to refresh the page.
Strange.

I have the same problem!

celticgrafix
05-20-2009, 10:40 PM
do u have the latest version, clear your cookies, history and all the shit

hwbs
05-21-2009, 12:44 AM
i think for me the problem lied when i first dl the new version of firefox..i have had no problems since...

tstv_lover
05-21-2009, 07:53 AM
do u have the latest version, clear your cookies, history and all the shit

Yes and yes...but I have the same problem with FF. Annoying rather than critical.