PDA

View Full Version : People With Power

hondarobot
09-16-2005, 03:54 AM
I just watched George W finally step up and accept his role as president for the first time. It's all phoney of course, Halliburton and assorted jerks will profit off the rebuilding of the Gulf Regions instead of providing jobs to the jobless people who will repopulate those areas, but at least he accepted responsibility for the fact that this turned into such a mess (mainly from not controlling the situation early and letting things get so miserable that a lot of poor people were forced to get really horribly desperate, and of course the media had an obligation to show that).

He's a shitty president, in my opinion, but it made me think: who were really good people in various roles through history?

Here's my list (and I'm just throwing some names out, I'm no expert on history):

U.S. President- Thomas Jefferson

Military Leader- Alexander The Great kicked ass, but I'm particular to Churchill for his weathering the Blitz, and he knew how to party

Humanitarian- (Not real sure on this one, so. . .) Ralph Nader, the guy is hard to pin any self serving agenda on

Entertainer- Humphrey Bogart (the dude was just cool)

Visionary- Ray Kurzweil (look him up, he's pretty cool. He made this AI script bot named Ramona that I recently "talked" to for half an hour and I'm fairly sure she threatened to kill me. I've always had problems with women. . .)

These are just my first impressions. It's an interesting topic.

:)