PDA

View Full Version : Raising Sand by Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Did anyone on this forum buy this album last year?

ef9hatchman
02-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Did anyone on this forum buy this album last year?Genre?
Buy cds your funny sir.

Solitary Brother
02-09-2009, 09:34 AM

Let me guess.......they won a grammy?

Look

I have no idea who Alison Krauss is but Robert Plant is a legend and has way more talent than...Jay Z,Rhianna,Chris Brown,Lil Wayne and assorted others who are getting Grammies.
The Grammy awards ceased being meaningful MANY years ago ......right after they started giving them to silly rappers.

Stop bitching.

Instead of Justin Timberlake bringing sexy back he should go get someone with talent and bring THEM back!

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-09-2009, 09:55 AM

Look

I have no idea who Alison Krauss is but Robert Plant is a legend and has way more talent than...Jay Z,Rhianna,Chris Brown,Lil Wayne and assorted others who are getting Grammies.
The Grammy awards ceased being meaningful MANY years ago ......right after they started giving them to silly rappers.

Stop bitching.

Instead of Justin Timberlake bringing sexy back he should go get someone with talent and bring THEM back!

How you over analyzed a simple question into a lashing out from your warped mind is beyond me, but then again you are SB.

I only asked because I liked the album and wanted to see who else here actually heard of it.............

Carry on

(p.s. my ethnicity does not mean I listen to the most up to date R&B/Hip Hop music currently being produced..........)

ef9hatchman
02-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Claps to Johnny....

Solitary Brother
02-09-2009, 10:02 AM

Look

Stop bitching.

How you over analyzed a simple question into a lashing out from your warped mind is beyond me, but then again you are SB.

I only asked because I liked the album and wanted to see who else here actually heard of it.............

Carry on

(p.s. my ethnicity does not mean I listen to the most up to date R&B/Hip Hop music currently being produced..........)

I should talk....
Im wearing a "ROCAWEAR" shirt right now.........

tsmandy
02-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I didn't purchase it. A friend gave me a copy. I liked it.

LG
02-09-2009, 11:30 AM

Love Alison Krauss (and she's cute too). Love bluegrass. Appreciate Robert Plant. Heard some of it on YouTube-good stuff.

Then again, unlikely to buy the CD. I already have enough new CDs I haven't had the time to listen to. And about 1000 to sort out before I allow myself to buy any more.

rockit
02-09-2009, 11:48 AM
The album is brilliant and the best release last year.

My favourites on the album is: "killing the blues" and "gone, gone, gone"

I also saw them in concert last year, and it was really good

Solitary Brother
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Look

Stop bitching.

Carry on

I guess they DID win a Grammy and of course I am ALWAYS right about you and your motives.

glenntinnyc
02-09-2009, 08:30 PM
its a good album, not sure about album of the year though. My money was on coldplay but i think the lawsuit messed up their chances

RawNY
02-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes,
I love Allison's music and T-Bone Brunett is a friggin genious. I was never much of a Zep fan, but Plant proves that he can be soulfull without screaming.
It is really worth a listen, no matter what kind of music you like.
The fact that they won album of the year is no surprize. The Garamy voters tend to get real conservative when it comes to that. I remember Steely Dan gettting the award one year for a rather pedestrian album and everyone was amazed.

duncan12
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
I bought it and really wanted to like it. I lover Robert Plant. I love Allison Kraus. I love americana music. But frankly it was boring. It had no zip. No pep.

dgs925
02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I bought it and really wanted to like it. I lover Robert Plant. I love Allison Kraus. I love americana music. But frankly it was boring. It had no zip. No pep.

I have to second that, the album didn't even make me want to listen to it a second time.

I think its great that robert plant still wants to make music, more power to him. He was the voice of one of the greatest rock bands ever. But everything he's put out since they broke up is just shit.

altarica
02-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Yes I bought it.
It's ok but not as good as Percy's last album with The Strange Sensation.
Mind you I would have picked it over the rest of the shite on offer at the Grammys.
It's not as good as last years winner, which I also have and love, by my man Herbie Hancock.
For you Yanks who like something a bit different try the latest Elbow album.
"The Seldom Seen Kid"

eggbert
02-10-2009, 12:50 AM
I got a copy from a friend. I'm a huge Alison Krauss fan as well as an early Zep fan. Zep One is on my top 10 list. But this album is a real snoozer. I don't get what all the hype was about.

tgurlvrnyc
02-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I didn't purchase it. A friend gave me a copy. I liked it.

Now I love you even more, Mandy, and I did not think it was possible.

I downloaded it, fantastic album. Produced by TBone Burnett, great sound and arrangements backing up two great singers.

For those who don't know Allison Krauss, she comes from the bluegrass genre, fiddle and all. Beautiful voice.

Best album I have heard in several years.

tgurlvrnyc
02-10-2009, 01:09 AM
The album is brilliant and the best release last year.

My favourites on the album is: "killing the blues" and "gone, gone, gone"

I also saw them in concert last year, and it was really good

Yes, Killing The Blues is a great track. My other favorite track is Please Read The Letter.