PDA

View Full Version : what is a club kid?

ballbreaker
02-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Are they fags or pre transexuals?

LibertyHarkness
02-08-2009, 06:03 PM
awaits the flaming responses :) pop corn anyone?

Alyssa87
02-08-2009, 06:15 PM
see: Party Monster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320244/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7MND4r0mY

Alyssa87
02-08-2009, 06:17 PM
most of the boys in that thread arent club kids at all.

mostly twinks.. which is something different.

ptyseminole
02-08-2009, 06:26 PM
actually I would really like to know what's a club kid...I really have no clue whatsoever

xuto
02-08-2009, 06:44 PM
with most of those pics on the club kid thread, they like making dicks hard and like to show off and be looked at. they seem like they would be very good at taking bites out of pillows and would do anything to get u off. some r very boi looking at pride themselves at teasing.

sheyum
02-08-2009, 07:17 PM
wtf??
can someone here speak english and answer the question ?
i too have seen that annoying "this club kid would make a perfect....." thread for months...
i dont know what club kid is either..
i imagine a gay young partier...effeminate but not interested in transitioning or living as a woman??
alyssa--tell us....
i know you have the answer and can exlpain...

Alyssa87
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
uhh i guess…

a subculture that is centered around partying. dressing in loud, sometimes androgynous clothes- sometimes drag.

Recently- it has seemed to catch on online a whole lot. so now you have a bunch of teens on youtube and myspace whom have embraced the look because it offers them some alternative identity to cling onto (so it seems). like goths & punks.
Even tho many of them aren’t even old enough to go to clubs, and never have.

and apparently it has caught on with some trannychasers who like anything slightly effeminate with penis. despite the pedophilia often involved.

it think its awesome. Lol
Many of the boys so badly want to let out their femininity, without identifying with transgender people and culture. I think this movement may be saving lives.

But really…what the fuck do I know? :shrug

just_me_again78
02-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Straight from wikipedia:

The Club Kids were a group of young clubheads led by Michael Alig and James St. James in the late 1980s and early 1990s. This group was famous for their outrageous costumes and extensive drug use -- in particular, ecstasy, ketamine, and heroin, although preferences ranged. Many of them were assigned names and personas by Alig himself.

Michael Alig's fame and influence quickly grew. At one point, he was on the payroll of several clubs owned by Peter Gatien for doing nothing but showing up with his entourage of Club Kids in order to draw more customers to the clubs. When they wanted to add a little variety to their night-life, Michael and the club kids began holding illegal parties in various public places including a donut shop and the New York subway.

At the height of their fame, the Club Kids toured the United States, appearing on several talk shows, such as Geraldo and The Joan Rivers Show.

Other Club Kids include DJ Keoki (Alig's former boyfriend), Angel Melendez (Alig's drug dealer, whom he murdered), RuPaul, Amanda Lepore, Sophia Lamar, Robert "Freeze" Riggs, Lisa Edelstein (Lisa E), Astro Erle, Keda, Sacred Boy, Jenny Talia, Kabuki, Lahoma, Desi Monster, Richie Rich (who later formed the fashion label Heatherette with fellow Club Kid Traver Rains), Walt Paper, Christopher Comp, Spygirl, and Gitsie (Cynthia Haadje).

After the Club Kids' rise and fall, many moved on and have not been heard from since. Many others are still active in the New York nightlife scene, including Amanda Lepore, Sophia Lamar and Astro Erle.

The 1998 documentary Party Monster: The Shockumentary and the 2003 feature film Party Monster (both directed by Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato), were based upon the memoir Disco Bloodbath by Club Kid James St. James, an autobiographical recount of his life.

The club kids became an international trend influencing the party scenes all over the world. The Stockholm clubs Vegas, Donnas Delight and Delicious are just a few examples.

Tika
02-08-2009, 07:30 PM
I wonder if that's the same Lisa Edelstein that now plays Dr. Cuddy on House, M.D.?

Odelay
02-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Are they fags or pre transexuals?

Pre transsexuals... to be distinguished from pre-op transsexuals. :lol:

sissyrachel
02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
I wonder if that's the same Lisa Edelstein that now plays Dr. Cuddy on House, M.D.?

Yes, that's her. You only need click the wikipedia link to find that out.

tsntx
02-08-2009, 08:14 PM
the op asked if club kids were fags or pre-op transexauls....

the answer is "could be both"... could also be straight or bisexual. could just be some bored ass kid that needs attn. and the quickest way to get attn when youre young is to stand out and go against the grain.... what faster way to do that then growing ur hair out, putting on makeup and being prettier then the girls you date

however guys that like "club kids" are NOT straight. they can be gay or bisexual but all hopes of clinging on to that "straight" card .... ARE GONE

bingo.

Pre transsexuals... to be distinguished from pre-op transsexuals

also good lol

Oli
02-08-2009, 08:22 PM
guys that like "club kids" are NOT straight. they can be gay or bisexual but all hopes of clinging on to that "straight" card .... ARE GONE

ROFLMAO

tsntx
02-08-2009, 08:43 PM
[quote]guys that like "club kids" are NOT straight. they can be gay or bisexual but all hopes of clinging on to that "straight" card .... ARE GONE

ROFLMAO[/quote

http://www.furioustees.com/images/uploads/dix_are_for_chix_red.gif

sheyum
02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
interesting.....thanks for the wikipedia def...but it dosnt adress sexuality and orientation at all.....strange omission--since it seems like an integral part of it all...at least on the surface---though i dont really know anything about it,....
what a fascinating world we live in,

Nowhere
02-08-2009, 11:16 PM

I have to agree with her on that. The whole thread actually annoys me since it's pretty clear virtually no one posting there has been to a club other than something like "Night at the Roxybury" in their lives.

The thread would be more appropriately called "twinky emo boys"

ballbreaker
02-09-2009, 02:08 AM
Thanks tsntx you answered my question .

tsntx
02-09-2009, 03:26 AM
just doing my part

SkyTwo
02-09-2009, 07:01 AM
See, I always thought it was violent youngsters armed with bludgeons. Now I won't feel so intimidated.

RangeHova
02-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Is a club kid gay or a TS?

You would have to judge them one person at a time. Some are gay, some are trans, some are even straight. We can't just lump them all into the same sexual or gender categories.

In looking back on the early versions of the club scene in the early 90s that I experienced first hand, some of those 'kids' grew up to lead straight lives, some became transsexual and many went on to identify as gay.

I think Allanah Starr started out as a club kid. One of my friends in college was a makeup wearing club kid that spent most of his time going from model to model (female models). He was/is a makeup artist and was/is very straight.

NeedBlackup
02-20-2009, 02:27 AM

That's correct.

Willie Escalade
02-20-2009, 04:19 AM
They do have genetic female club kids as well, you know.

I define them as people who dress outrageously at a nightclub for attention...and it's obviously working.

slinky
02-20-2009, 06:55 AM
see: Party Monster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0320244/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV7MND4r0mY

We sold him that apartment.