PDA

View Full Version : MY CAT !!!!!!!!!!!! ANY BODY HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimiplastique
02-07-2009, 09:38 PM
MY CAT IS IN TROUBLE !!!!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO ????
SHE IS COUGHING AND WHEEZING OMG OMG OMG

raiku9909
02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
wrap a towel around her and take her to the vet!

mimiplastique
oh no
:(

my baby :(
she is sick
I do not want her to d**

tsntx
call a local petsmart or petco..... they have saturday vets..... and if they cant help they can direct you to someone that can

dont delay... saturdays are short days

mimiplastique
02-07-2009, 09:42 PM
thanks omg jen i am crying
she is gunna die :(

tsntx
02-07-2009, 09:43 PM
shell b fine just call them now

SXFX
02-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Odds are it's a very bad hair ball.
Call the vet they may prescribe some fish oil to help her pass the hair ball.

AsiaMei
02-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Odds are it's a very bad hair ball.
Call the vet they may prescribe some fish oil to help her pass the hair ball.

thats what i was thinking, hope your cat gets better.

whatislove
02-07-2009, 10:13 PM
http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=chicago+animal+hospital&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=2emNSdDxDOH8tgfssb2oCw&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

Get the cat to an animal hospital. A cat crate could come in handy.

BeardedOne
02-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey Firecracker, sorry to hear about your ailing pussy.

Sometimes the coughing is caused by heartworm/ringworm and can easily be treated with a medicine that is available at most pet stores. You just add it to their food and in a few days the coughing subsides.

I encounter a lot of strays and they frequently have this ailment. I just brought one into the house this week that has a lot of coughing and respiratory issues. I just started giving her the medicine yesterday.

A vet vizzit is also recommended, if you can afford it, but would most likely end up with the same treatment.

Good luck, babe, and I hope your pussy feels better soon.

BigTSHunter
02-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Sending my best to your pussy Mimi!

swellhead
02-08-2009, 05:56 AM
:cry: hope that your cat is feeling better mimi if you haven't had a vet take a look at the kitty you should do so, the cough could be a sign of infection or just hairballs. if it is persistent it is probably worthy of a vet's attention. your cat should be seeing a vet annually for health check ups and shots.young cat's are very prone to getting severe infections and a vet starts immunizing early in a cats life. as with people if they survive kittyhood they will be with you for a long time.i love cats and hope your's has a wonderful long life with you.best wishes for your cats speedy recovery. there is a wonderful book for novice cat owners, cats for dummies. i have it never knew how complex a cats life was untill i read it. :lol:

swellhead
02-08-2009, 05:57 AM
:cry: hope that your cat is feeling better mimi if you haven't had a vet take a look at the kitty you should do so, the cough could be a sign of infection or just hairballs. if it is persistent it is probably worthy of a vet's attention. your cat should be seeing a vet annually for health check ups and shots.young cat's are very prone to getting severe infections and a vet starts immunizing early in a cats life. as with people if they survive kittyhood they will be with you for a long time.i love cats and hope your's has a wonderful long life with you.best wishes for your cats speedy recovery. there is a wonderful book for novice cat owners, cats for dummies. i have it never knew how complex a cats life was untill i read it. :lol:

baileyandkc
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
So Mimi, how did things go? What's the update? A-OK I hope?

Never had any cats before, just doggies..

sammy2
02-08-2009, 09:13 PM
One of my gg friend paided almost 5gs to save her cat's life..cat died, and she had to pay a big bill. She said it was worth the money, I say you let the cat die. No animal is worth that kind of monnies.

Alyssa87
02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
One of my gg friend paided almost 5gs to save her cat's life..cat died, and she had to pay a big bill. She said it was worth the money, I say you let the cat die. No animal is worth that kind of monnies.

noteworthy post sammy!

jordyd19
02-08-2009, 09:26 PM
MY CAT IS IN TROUBLE !!!!!!!!! WHAT DO I DO ????
SHE IS COUGHING AND WHEEZING OMG OMG OMG

ever seen old yeller?

Sincerly,

not a cat fan

Legend
02-08-2009, 09:34 PM

"paided" "monnies" i bet that cat was smarter then you.

BeardedOne
02-08-2009, 09:45 PM

It's a case to case basis. True, that kind of 'monnies' is astronomical as regards a random animal, but when you consider how close many people are to their pets.

I have an outside limit to what I'll pay on a vet bill, but many of the cats I handle are former strays that have health issues from day-one. Still, they treat me better than most people do and I have a lot more respect for them than I do for most of the human population.

If the cat treats you better than people do, if the cat is by your side when all others have abandoned you, when the cat lowers your blood pressure and raises your mood, yah, it's worth the investment to try and save the cat.

SidInNy
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Cats always sound awful when they are coughing up crap. Once the cat is better and you are reassured that it is well, get yourself some hairball remedy. Put a little bit on its' paw once or twice a week, they lick it off and it dissolves hairballs. The best way to deal with hairballs, and keep kitty happy, is to prevent them :)

sammy2
02-08-2009, 10:14 PM

"paided" "monnies" i bet that cat was smarter then you. opps my bad on the paided thing...im hungry right now, I really wasn't thinking right. I just ordered some food tho, ill be good soon.

2009AD
02-08-2009, 10:36 PM

"paided" "monnies" i bet that cat was smarter then you.

I'm no fan of Sammy but.....