PDA

View Full Version : Michael Phelps, Hypocrisy, and American Drug Policy

chefmike
02-04-2009, 07:26 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-v-santore/michael-phelps-hypocrasy_b_162939.html

Helvis2012
02-05-2009, 01:50 AM
Letterman has been mouthing off too, which is bullshit because he smokes, too.

chefmike
02-05-2009, 06:33 AM
Letterman has been mouthing off too, which is bullshit because he smokes, too.

I don't know if you have inside information I'm not privy to, but personally I seriously doubt that Dave is hitting the bong ...I also remember Letterman having a conversation with George Carlin once when they both discussed how old they were when they gave up the kind bud...of course I know many people who have given up cannabis and then decided that a short hiatus was all that they really needed... :wink:

TomSelis
02-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Just legalize it, tax it, enough people will buy it to get us out of this economic mess.

chefmike
02-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Just legalize it, tax it, enough people will buy it to get us out of this economic mess.

No shit, Hawaii and Humboldt County alone would produce a huge amount of USDA prime taxable skunkweed....and let's not forget all the impoverished farmers in the US who have switched to pot farming because that's the only way that they can continue to stay on their land and survive...

El Nino
02-05-2009, 07:18 AM
Marijuana really doesn't seem to kill people even in extreme doses, unlike many other illegal drugs; and legal ones for that matter, i.e. alcohol... Strange then how state and federal correctional facilities are filled to the max with marijuana user, grower and trafficking convicts. Hmmm

hippifried
02-05-2009, 09:29 AM
So... Is there a group of toons clamoring to have his medals taken away yet? Maybe have him arrested?

This dude just picked up a boatload of street-cred among the world's skaters. If I was Tony Hawk, I'd hire him to promote the next version.

gimmeurblood
02-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Micheal Phelps could have been the person who transformed the stereotype of the pot smoker. fuckk if youre a swimmer weed isnt even performance enhancing, try doing a lap in a backyard pool after smoking a joint