PDA

View Full Version : The Day the Music Died ...

xrey
02-04-2009, 01:38 AM
50 years ago today.

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And, maybe, theyd be happy for a while.

But february made me shiver
With every paper Id deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldnt take one more step.

I cant remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died.

So bye-bye, miss american pie.
Drove my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin whiskey and rye
Singin, thisll be the day that I die.
Thisll be the day that I die.

Snoriega27
02-04-2009, 03:27 AM
Friendly suggestion: consider providing a link to the full set of lyrics rather than omitting roughly three-quarters of the song and not making mention of it. I'm not sure everyone on this site realizes that the song is quite so lengthy.
http://www.don-mclean.com/viewsong.asp?id=89

kukm4
02-08-2009, 12:07 PM
great song.

fixxx47
02-08-2009, 02:25 PM
been there...u walk 1/2 mile thru a path 12ft wide on the edge of a corn field. Lined on the north with 10 ft high plants of pot(don't think it's the normal ditch weed found here since ww2 hemp fields!) Hard to find...so motels give u a map. About 5 miles north of Clear Lake, Iowa or about 2 miles west of I-35.

sunairco
02-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I read a piece a month ago that the 'bopper's son had his dad dug up. He hired a film crew to document the entire exhumation,forensic examination,and while they were at it changed him over to a new custom designed casket. The original casket was then auctioned off on e-bay with a starting bid of a quarter million. Kid figured how to make a buck out of the entire macarbe ordeal. Think it was the first time the kid ever saw his dad in person since Richardson died while he was as baby. I don't recall if the the video and photographs were going to be released as a public documentry. Who knows, it might be financially profitable to start digging up big time celebrities and making a documentry. After that lame-ass performamce that they did with old Elvis footage and some of his old cohorts singing on stage with the film, they might dig him up and do a stage performance with the corpse next. Better yet, get Geraldo Rivera to be part of the exhumation team to prove it's really him in the casket.