PDA

View Full Version : Ginko Baloba?

Nivek
01-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Does it work? Do you hate it? is it a waste of money? I ummmm, really need, to ummm take some, um something for my. memory uhhhhh loss.

Jericho
01-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Yeah, it really works..what?

lahabra1976
01-30-2009, 11:33 PM
Ginko Baloba is legit in some of things it does. Its considered a glutamate inhibitor and glautemate is a known chemical in the brain that can inhibit certain activities. I know in the eye field is has shown to decrease the progression of glaucoma, a vision threatening disease. Although many doctors haven't really used it for that.

El Nino
01-30-2009, 11:54 PM
It has properties that if taken right, will in fact have beneficial physiological affects on the nervous system; specifically memory

yodajazz
01-31-2009, 09:16 AM
I had Ginko Biloba in a health type drink. I did feel like I thought mentally clearer after taking it. And I did if several times. however, I sometimes have issues with bleeding gums. I notice that the blood flow was harder to stop at the time when I had the Ginko.

I just looked it up at: http://nccam.nih.gov/health/ginkgo/
They mentioned that as a side effect, for people with any issues of bleeding.

So I felt like maybe it was a blood thinner type of effect.

addicted
01-31-2009, 10:11 AM
it helps bring oxygen to the brain, the best price for it is on ebay. some spot called 4 corners.

trish
01-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Isn't Ginko Baloba related to Rocky Balboa?

CORVETTEDUDE
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Does it work? Do you hate it? is it a waste of money? I ummmm, really need, to ummm take some, um something for my. memory uhhhhh loss.

I've got a novel idea.....Why don't you conduct your own research! See what YOU think it does for YOU!!!

vincidog
01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
G. biloba's primary physical effect is the dilation of capilaries, veins, etc. Wider tubes allows greater bloodflow, hence more oxygen, blood nutrients, etc to given places. As one ages, the tubes lose elasticity thus decreasing said flow. Purported benefits from Ginkgo result from this greater flow, oxygen, etc to tissues. In effect, it allows the tubes to act like they did when the organism was younger.

If one is scheduled for surgery (esp cataract), the Dr requires one to cease taking it a few weeks before and after surgery.