PDA

View Full Version : When the police don't have tazers!

GroobySteven
01-27-2009, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz2ju8sVEus

I quite enjoyed this little but of Portuguese fun!

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 01:49 AM
This is why the police need automatic weapons. They could have nipped that little uprising in the bud. Just a little spray of bullets into the faces of a few people would have sent all of the palyers and fanatics back to thier seats in an orderly fasion.

GroobySteven
01-27-2009, 02:08 AM
This is why the police need automatic weapons. They could have nipped that little uprising in the bud. Just a little spray of bullets into the faces of a few people would have sent all of the palyers and fanatics back to thier seats in an orderly fasion.

Or they could have simply arrested him without clubbing him in the face with a stick ...

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 02:23 AM
Or the guy could have stopped when he was told to.

GroobySteven
01-27-2009, 03:16 AM
Or the guy could have stopped when he was told to.

Hmmm why?
Do you do everything your told to do?

Is there a difference between sheep and men.

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 03:21 AM
I hardly ever do what I am told. But I make an excpetion to that rule. And that excetion is, if a cop is comming after me, and I know he has a gun and a club, and especially if there are many of them, I will stop and do as I am told. I dunno, maybe I'm just stupid that way.

GroobySteven
01-27-2009, 03:28 AM
I hardly ever do what I am told. But I make an excpetion to that rule. And that excetion is, if a cop is comming after me, and I know he has a gun and a club, and especially if there are many of them, I will stop and do as I am told. I dunno, maybe I'm just stupid that way.

Maybe ... I guess in the US I probably would also.

Elsewhere I might just keep running - especially if I've committed no real crime or I have a message to promote (or something to stand up against).

Then again when people advocate the police having automatic weapons and shooting people in the face ...

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 03:41 AM
Ok, now I agree with you on other countries. It probably would be better to run since that is probably the only hope for survival. But that is why I dont go there.

Maybe I was a little over the top stating that they shoud spray them in the face with an aoutomatic weapon, but after watching the video I made a bad judgement call. I suppose that is why I am not a cop. But, everyday cops have to make those types of dicisions in a split second. So, do they shoot or do they take the least violent action that can get the situation under control. Thats a tough decision to make when you are in the heat of the moment, and a lot of pepole dont understand that.

2009AD
01-27-2009, 03:45 AM
Do you even read what you write? A spray of bullets? Yea right. Understand this, in most civlized nations, police are not going to use deadly force against an unarmed demonstrator running away from them.

You gotta stop confusing those shoot 'em up video games you play with real life.

elo
01-27-2009, 03:46 AM
Four cops/security guards and one man on the grass.And one cop/security guard feels the need to beat the man on the ground with his stick in front of thousand of people while his budies are holding him.How stupid is that?
Kicking the cops/security guards head lieing on the ground wasn´t acceptable either.

Did you noticed that the heroically cop/security guard that has beaten up the guy on the ground with his stick take flight as the audience came to rescue the guy on the ground?

dan_drade wrote:

:roll:

worldbro
01-27-2009, 03:48 AM
Tough decision indeed thats why they need to do something to deter the weenies who were being picked on to much growing up into them becoming officers of the law. It takes a special kind of person to be an officer, not an everyday Joe who wants an exciting job.

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 03:53 AM
Tough decision indeed thats why they need to do something to deter the weenies who were being picked on to much growing up into them becoming officers of the law. It takes a special kind of person to be an officer, not an everyday Joe who wants an exciting job.

Ya thats true, it is a tough decision to make. But how and where can you find enough people that are physically, emotionally and mentally tough enough to do what they should do. Everyone has a snapping point.

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Do you even read what you write? A spray of bullets? Yea right. Understand this, in most civlized nations, police are not going to use deadly force against an unarmed demonstrator running away from them.

You gotta stop confusing those shoot 'em up video games you play with real life.

Wow, you are wise beyond your years.

worldbro
01-27-2009, 03:59 AM

Ya thats true, it is a tough decision to make. But how and where can you find enough people that are physically, emotionally and mentally tough enough to do what they should do. Everyone has a snapping point.

Oh this is America my friend and we have such men/women, I know plenty of Officers that know how to keep their cool

dan_drade
01-27-2009, 04:02 AM

Oh this is America my friend and we have such men/women, I know plenty of Officers that know how to keep their cool

I know there are a ton of good cops out there. But like I said, everyone has a breaking point and you just never know what you will do when you snap.

worldbro
01-27-2009, 04:10 AM

I know there are a ton of good cops out there. But like I said, everyone has a breaking point and you just never know what you will do when you snap.

Yeah, but I don't think theres that much horrendous crime in America to make someone who should be physically, emotionally and mentally stable enough to be an officer snap. I mean Americans go to war against suicide bombers and AK-47s all the time, I dont think one crazy civilian who might do something dangerous should make anybody who aspires to be an officer reach their breaking point

Odelay
01-27-2009, 04:43 AM
In wider terms, people in the U.S. better get used to more power in the hands of the police, prosecutors, and sentencing judges. People on the right whine about not getting their 5th Justice to overturn Roe v Wade. But what many liberals are blind to is that they already have their 5th justice (Kennedy) in terms of criminal law.

Just today, the Supreme Court handed down two right-leaning decisions on crime.

* Ruled that a man wrongly convicted and sent to prison for 24 years cannot sue the former Los Angeles district attorney and his chief deputy for violating his civil rights. The court said unanimously that decisions of supervising prosecutors, like the actions of prosecutors at trial, are shielded from civil lawsuits.

* Ruled that police officers have leeway to frisk a passenger in a car stopped for a traffic violation even if nothing indicates the passenger has committed a crime or is about to do so

The 2nd would seem to have more immediate effects on the street if you're stopped by a cop. However, the 1st will probably have more significant impact on your civil rights. If cops, prosecutors and DA's are given free reign to charge you and try you for anything under the sun, without any fear of monetary losses due to negligence and malfeasance, you'll see even more "tough guy" justice out there on the streets.

Rui
01-27-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm portuguese, so I should say something.

the guy running is related to the referee and he is only expressing his support for him.

the "security guards" are just frustrated nightclub bouncer types, the kind that grew up as bullies, just scumbags that someone gave a bit of authority to....

dont think this is current practice in this country, in fact our police forces are educated and cordial.

ef9hatchman
01-27-2009, 05:40 PM
3v1 guy was on the floor no need to club him especially in the face.They could have easily arrested him,but no they decided to torture him.

chefmike
01-27-2009, 06:00 PM
In wider terms, people in the U.S. better get used to more power in the hands of the police, prosecutors, and sentencing judges. People on the right whine about not getting their 5th Justice to overturn Roe v Wade. But what many liberals are blind to is that they already have their 5th justice (Kennedy) in terms of criminal law.

Just today, the Supreme Court handed down two right-leaning decisions on crime.

* Ruled that a man wrongly convicted and sent to prison for 24 years cannot sue the former Los Angeles district attorney and his chief deputy for violating his civil rights. The court said unanimously that decisions of supervising prosecutors, like the actions of prosecutors at trial, are shielded from civil lawsuits.

* Ruled that police officers have leeway to frisk a passenger in a car stopped for a traffic violation even if nothing indicates the passenger has committed a crime or is about to do so

The 2nd would seem to have more immediate effects on the street if you're stopped by a cop. However, the 1st will probably have more significant impact on your civil rights. If cops, prosecutors and DA's are given free reign to charge you and try you for anything under the sun, without any fear of monetary losses due to negligence and malfeasance, you'll see even more "tough guy" justice out there on the streets.

More good news for the prison industrial complex, whose much needed reform goes hand-in-hand with enacting sane drug laws as the thus far untouchable third rail of US politics.

alyssats
01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
goshhh those Portuguese guys are so hot and yummy uhmmm

nice ass by the way jeje

Bostonsub
01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Or they could have simply arrested him without clubbing him in the face with a stick ...[/quote]

I dont see him get hit in the face with the stick. Where did you see that?

Why is it that when people break a law, they cry "poor me" when the cop/security have to take him down forcefully.

He was being restrained and should have submit. His "demonstration" was over... and because he has something to say.. he doesnt get to run across a field with a sign no matter how important he thinks it is.

Ever try to cuff someone who didnt want to be cuffed? I have. You're in for a long struggle.

Its ok for the crowd to come kick an unconscious man though right?

GroobySteven
01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Or they could have simply arrested him without clubbing him in the face with a stick ...

Why is it that when people break a law, they cry "poor me" when the cop/security have to take him down forcefully.

He was being restrained and should have submit. His "demonstration" was over... and because he has something to say.. he doesnt get to run across a field with a sign no matter how important he thinks it is.

Ever try to cuff someone who didnt want to be cuffed? I have. You're in for a long struggle.

Its ok for the crowd to come kick an unconscious man though right?[/quote]

Amazing how people only see what they want. You can clearly see the cop clubbing him repeatedly around where his head and upper torso is. If 4 cops can't restrain and cuff him without resorting to this, then they need to be better trained.

Yeah the guy getting the kicking, it's ok, they deserved it. Good to see democracy at work.

GroobySteven
01-28-2009, 12:48 AM

Amazing how people only see what they want. You can clearly see the cop clubbing him repeatedly around where his head and upper torso is. If 4 cops can't restrain and cuff him without resorting to this, then they need to be better trained.

Yeah the guy getting the kicking, it's ok, they deserved it. Good to see democracy at work.

muhmuh
01-28-2009, 01:56 AM

1) they arent police you blithering idiot
2) actually blithering idiot says it all

Bostonsub
01-28-2009, 03:14 AM

Im impressed. I watched the video a few more times just to make sure I wasnt missing anything. Unless you're superman and can see through the security guys body, you can't tell me where he's hitting him. "Around his head" isnt his head. They are trained not to use "head strikes". In fact training teaches shoulders and thighs. It looks like he was using the end of his baton in order to gain compliance.

Can you tell me he's not grabbing one of the cops by the balls? Can you also tell me that he's not biting the cops trying to hold him down too? I have a scar on my arm from pulling a bar patron off of a police officer who was in the middle of breaking up a fight. The patron was the 3rd person involved and jumped on his back. The patron bit my arm... yes.. drew blood and I spent 3 hours in the emergency room. He was the victim though right?

I love it when people say you should "gently arrest someone" who while in the event of breaking the law, resists arrest and fights back.

If that kid is stupid enough to run across the field and distrupt an event, and then fight the cops, he deserves a little bit of a beating. HE got off light.

GroobySteven
01-28-2009, 03:17 AM

Im impressed. I watched the video a few more times just to make sure I wasnt missing anything. Unless you're superman and can see through the security guys body, you can't tell me where he's hitting him. "Around his head" isnt his head. They are trained not to use "head strikes". In fact training teaches shoulders and thighs. It looks like he was using the end of his baton in order to gain compliance.

Can you tell me he's not grabbing one of the cops by the balls? Can you also tell me that he's not biting the cops trying to hold him down too? I have a scar on my arm from pulling a bar patron off of a police officer who was in the middle of breaking up a fight. The patron was the 3rd person involved and jumped on his back. The patron bit my arm... yes.. drew blood and I spent 3 hours in the emergency room. He was the victim though right?

I love it when people say you should "gently arrest someone" who while in the event of breaking the law, resists arrest and fights back.

If that kid is stupid enough to run across the field and distrupt an event, and then fight the cops, he deserves a little bit of a beating. HE got off light.

Hmmm - maybe as a sub you enjoy the beating and would have preferred to not have gotten off so lightly - but your talking out of your arse if you don't think that's excessive.

Bostonsub
01-29-2009, 04:47 AM

Hmmm - maybe as a sub you enjoy the beating and would have preferred to not have gotten off so lightly - but your talking out of your arse if you don't think that's excessive.

What does me being sub have to do with anything? You know nothing about me. To enlighten you, I do not enjoy beatings.

I cannot say that is excessive or it isnt and the point that I am arguing is neither should you be able to. You dont know what that kid is doing and neither can I. You cant tell me that the kid isnt biting the cops/security or grabbing one by the balls because you cant see through that person. On the other hand, I can't say that he is. Like I did say before, you cant tell me he was striking him in the head because you cant see through that person in the way.

I do know that if he didnt run out on the field or just gave up instead of resisting, he wouldnt have gotten rammed with the baton. His actions caused the reaction. He wasnt randomly picked out of the crowd.

I hate it when people rush to judge the cops

Bostonsub
01-29-2009, 04:48 AM

What does me being sub have to do with anything? You know nothing about me. To enlighten you, I do not enjoy beatings.

I cannot say that is excessive or it isnt and the point that I am arguing is neither should you be able to. You dont know what that kid is doing and neither can I. You cant tell me that the kid isnt biting the cops/security or grabbing one by the balls because you cant see through that person. On the other hand, I can't say that he is. Like I did say before, you cant tell me he was striking him in the head because you cant see through that person in the way.

I do know that if he didnt run out on the field or just gave up instead of resisting, he wouldnt have gotten rammed with the baton. His actions caused the reaction. He wasnt randomly picked out of the crowd.

Bostonsub
01-29-2009, 04:54 AM

GroobySteven
01-29-2009, 10:25 AM

I hate it when their subservient tendencies to authorities condone this type of behavior.