PDA

View Full Version : California residents, need assistance.

moddestmike
01-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm currently in the planning stages of moving to the west coast. Trying to decide on a place of residence/city to reside in. I'm a young male (25 years old) and I'm a consultant so as long as I'm near a major airport work is not a problem. I'm mainly looking for a good night life (I sometimes don't leave the house until midnight) ,average crime (no crime is unrealistic) and a somewhat friendly atmosphere and a public university nearby. If no place in Cali suffices then its Atlanta as I have friend willing to sell me his highrise.

ef9hatchman
01-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Dont...I work as smog and Repair which Of course I get my paycheck but I also work STATE ref 2 days a week. and I got a IOU for this month...Basterds

2009AD
01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
look into San Diego or San Fran. Personally, San Sidego would be my first choice in Calif. Good luck.

ef9hatchman
01-26-2009, 09:47 AM
look into San Diego or San Fran. Personally, San Sidego would be my first choice in Calif. Good luck.So says the guy living in Washington....???

LA. is fine or Oxnard.

2009AD
01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Um, ever heard of people relocating? Believe it or not, some of us, who now live in Washington, may have once lived in other parts of the U.S.

Wow.. :roll:

look into San Diego or San Fran. Personally, San Sidego would be my first choice in Calif. Good luck.So says the guy living in Washington....???

LA. is fine or Oxnard.

ef9hatchman
01-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Um, ever heard of people relocating? Believe it or not, some of us, who now live in Washington, may have once lived in other parts of the U.S.

LA. is fine or Oxnard.San Fran and San Diego MAJOR crime area's I could easily say more than LA or OXnard. El Douche

2009AD
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
Oh brother! Crime was only one of his criteria for selecting a city, not his ONLY criterion. RIF

Is that the new sig?

LA. is fine or Oxnard.San Fran and San Diego MAJOR crime area's I could easily say more than LA or OXnard. El Douche

moddestmike
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Isn't TS jamie in San Diego, maybe she can chime in? Like I said guys, I'm not too concerned about crime as I plan on renting in the safer parts of town. I also understadn that at some point crime is unavoidable which is why I have home defense weapons and a small firearm I carry with me when out in public. I usually do everything by myself as all my friends are married or have kids, I'm use to having to role solo. No big deal.

ef9hatchman
01-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Isn't TS jamie in San Diego, maybe she can chime in? Like I said guys, I'm not too concerned about crime as I plan on renting in the safer parts of town. I also understadn that at some point crime is unavoidable which is why I have home defense weapons and a small firearm I carry with me when out in public. I usually do everything by myself as all my friends are married or have kids, I'm use to having to role solo. No big deal.No such thing as self defense bud....Cali Self Defense law is Corrupt.

moddestmike
01-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Does that mean no CHL (concealed handgun license), HOLY SHIT.

worldbro
01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Isn't TS jamie in San Diego, maybe she can chime in? Like I said guys, I'm not too concerned about crime as I plan on renting in the safer parts of town. I also understadn that at some point crime is unavoidable which is why I have home defense weapons and a small firearm I carry with me when out in public. I usually do everything by myself as all my friends are married or have kids, I'm use to having to role solo. No big deal.

LMAO WTF are "home defense weapons"; sorry I just got this visual of some grown ass man having his house rigged up like Home Alone, or like the one of the fortresses on Contra with turrets everywhere

dan_drade
01-26-2009, 11:50 PM
I live in the Tri- Valley of the SF bay area. It is relatively crime free and close enough to SF that I can drive there or take BART and get there in about 30 min. The Oakland airport is only about 20 min. away on BART as well. The city I live in is called Pleasanton, and it is mostly white, but there are some asians, hispanic and black people here as well. There just arent as many minorities here as other bay area cities though. The majority of Pleasanton is middle to upper middle class, with several pockets of the ultra rich. The housing market including rental and sales are pretty good for the buyer/renter right now, at least compared to prior years. The economy here is kind of fucked right now, but it seems to be that way everywhere right now. If you already have a job, it will not be a problem for you.

All in all I love where I live, but you may think differently. If you are looking for an area that is culturally diverse, this is probably not the area for you. There are other areas that are quite diverse in the bay area, but unfortunately the crime rate is a lot higher as well.

ef9hatchman
01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Does that mean no CHL (concealed handgun license), HOLY SHIT.What A idiot...Even if sarcasm, Get ur gaurdcard Derg.

moddestmike
01-27-2009, 12:02 PM
I live in the Tri- Valley of the SF bay area. It is relatively crime free and close enough to SF that I can drive there or take BART and get there in about 30 min. The Oakland airport is only about 20 min. away on BART as well. The city I live in is called Pleasanton, and it is mostly white, but there are some asians, hispanic and black people here as well. There just arent as many minorities here as other bay area cities though. The majority of Pleasanton is middle to upper middle class, with several pockets of the ultra rich. The housing market including rental and sales are pretty good for the buyer/renter right now, at least compared to prior years. The economy here is kind of fucked right now, but it seems to be that way everywhere right now. If you already have a job, it will not be a problem for you.

All in all I love where I live, but you may think differently. If you are looking for an area that is culturally diverse, this is probably not the area for you. There are other areas that are quite diverse in the bay area, but unfortunately the crime rate is a lot higher as well.

Pleasanton doesn't sound bad, I'm black but the current community I live in is majority white so its not a problem. As long as San Francisco is within driving distance it shouldn't be a problem.

moddestmike
01-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Does that mean no CHL (concealed handgun license), HOLY SHIT.What A idiot...Even if sarcasm, Get ur gaurdcard Derg.
I'm not sure what you meant by this post. If you've taken offense to what I said please understand that CHL's are as commonplace down here as are lifted pick-up trucks. Maybe I read your post wrong but it sounded as if California laws frowned upon citizens defending themselves. Correct me if I am wrong.

moddestmike
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM

LMAO WTF are "home defense weapons"; sorry I just got this visual of some grown ass man having his house rigged up like Home Alone, or like the one of the fortresses on Contra with turrets everywhere
Mossberg 500 Roadblocker, and a Kimber 1911 Tactical Entry II .45 ACP. Sorry if all of this sounds weird to you but we believe in the 2nd amendment down here.

ef9hatchman
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm not sure what you meant by this post. If you've taken offense to what I said please understand that CHL's are as commonplace down here as are lifted pick-up trucks. Maybe I read your post wrong but it sounded as if California laws frowned upon citizens defending themselves. Correct me if I am wrong.CA you can go to jail for beating the shit out of a person breaking into your house.....go figure.

trannybanger
01-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah the bay area is an awesome place to live, but its probably best to leave the guns in Texas.