PDA

View Full Version : UFO hits wind turbine in UK

thx1138
01-09-2009, 04:06 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/ufos/article2108149.ece

thx1138
01-10-2009, 11:52 PM
more links: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4178800/UFOs-spotted-by-hundreds-at-wind-turbine-site.html & http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4211158/UFO-turbine-debris-sent-to-German-forensic-scientists.html

Caff_Racer
01-11-2009, 12:02 AM
I can understand the Sun running a story like that... but what the hell is it doing in the Torygraph, FFS?! :smh

GroobySteven
01-11-2009, 12:02 AM
The Sun ... hmmm

thx1138
01-11-2009, 01:27 AM
My guess is the incident was caused by an experimental craft that got out of control. The clean up/cover up team handled things messily. (left too many clues and witnesses)

SXFX
01-11-2009, 01:31 AM
OR!
Structural failure!

thx1138
01-12-2009, 05:36 AM
new conjecture: the Russians :>)http://www.louthleader.co.uk/news/UPDATE-Nick-Pope-on-tentacle.4858373.jp

thx1138
01-12-2009, 05:38 AM
http://www.louthleader.co.uk/news/UPDATE-Nick-Pope-on-tentacle.4858373.jp

hippifried
01-12-2009, 06:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5Q8-ARJwb0

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 06:51 AM
It would actually be pretty damn funny if aliens traveled across the depths of space, and then ran into a wind turbine.

:lol:

thx1138
01-12-2009, 07:02 AM
It's a rather thinly disguised attempt by the RAF to avoid embarrassment over the poor performance of one of its aircraft most likely experimental. Russians penetrating the UK radar net without detection, really?

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 07:10 AM
A wind turbine isn't the most sturdy piece of engineering, actually. It could have been a flock of birds flying into it, or it just broke. Why would anything be flying at "turbine" level, and not have the capacity to see and avoid one?

That's just stupid.

kittyKaiti
01-12-2009, 07:11 AM
OR!
Structural failure!

It was clearly hit by something. Most reports said it could have been ice that flung into it from another turbine but I doubt that's even possible for some ice to tear down two fins. A UFO makes the most sense. For a regular plane (to be flying that low) or helicopter to have hit it would have caused a crash. A stronger craft had to have hit it, like a UFO. I hear there's alot of 'black triangle' craft that fly in Europe.

thx1138
01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
I thought the blades were made out of an aluminum/titaniam alloy not paper mache'.

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 07:15 AM
A UFO could just observe things from orbit, why would they fly around at near ground level? It wasn't aliens, but I haven't actually read the story yet.

kittyKaiti
01-12-2009, 07:21 AM
A UFO could just observe things from orbit, why would they fly around at near ground level? It wasn't aliens, but I haven't actually read the story yet.

UFO means "unidentified flying object". Not "alien space craft". A secret military aircraft is possible as well but alien UFOs or drone craft are known for crashing into things.

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 07:27 AM
I will admit it could have been a military drone. That makes the most sense from a "semi-hard" impact perspective, but why would military drones be flying around the area?

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
OR!
Structural failure!

It was clearly hit by something. Most reports said it could have been ice that flung into it from another turbine but I doubt that's even possible for some ice to tear down two fins. A UFO makes the most sense. For a regular plane (to be flying that low) or helicopter to have hit it would have caused a crash. A stronger craft had to have hit it, like a UFO. I hear there's alot of 'black triangle' craft that fly in Europe.

US military has BLACK TRIANGULAR crafts there our most Stealth jets in the Airforce so i wouldnt doubt other countrys having them as well

OK, this is most likely my last post on this topic tonight. A wind turbine is around 200 feet tall. Nothing interesting flies that low except balloons.

Even unmanned drones have a flight level around 10,000 feet or more. If a stealth aircraft was flying at that altitude, you have nothing to worry about, because the people flying it were obviously retarded and ran into a wind turbine.

Case closed.

phobun
01-12-2009, 08:14 AM
It would actually be pretty damn funny if aliens traveled across the depths of space, and then ran into a wind turbine.

Hilarious. Stupid conspiracy mongers don't wonder about such absurdities.

phobun
01-12-2009, 08:15 AM
OR!
Structural failure!

US military has BLACK TRIANGULAR crafts there our most Stealth jets in the Airforce so i wouldnt doubt other countrys having them as well
It's those damn black helicopters again.
And I thought they flew away when the Republicans got the white house back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopter

kittyKaiti
01-12-2009, 08:23 AM
OR!
Structural failure!

See the picture I had posted. That is what I'm talking about. Not F117A stealth fighters. Does Britain even have F117s? An actual slow moving craft had to have hit the turbine. Witnesses to the incident only heard a bang sound, as if something had hit the turbine. A helicopter would have been noticed because of the noise it makes and it most likely would have crashed from the impact.

Other witnesses said they saw an orange and yellow object with glowing tentacles hovering over the windmill farm. This can't be verified as true and I've never heard of an "octopus" UFO.

I still doubt the ice thing as well.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/01/08/1737351.aspx

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/01/08/ufo.england.wind.turbine/index.html

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 08:34 AM
A bang sound is most likely an indication of mechanical failure. The bearings went bad, the fans shifted, blades hit the tower. That's the most likely scenario, but I don't know the facts of the case just yet.

Good night.

trish
01-12-2009, 08:37 AM
The description of bright lights and tentacles reaching to the ground brought the image of lightning to my mind. On the other hand, it's probably just some retired handy man who figured out how to give his wife's Roomba some lift.

El Nino
01-12-2009, 08:40 AM
I think it was a blimp... jk

hondarobot
01-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Lightning, a blimp, gyrocopter, or an enormous kite are all possible explanations. I refuse to believe that it was a collision caused by the intergalactic equivalent of Don Knotts crashing a spaceship into a windmill (until some sort of proof is provided).

:)

thx1138
01-13-2009, 09:01 AM
update on "UFO" incident: area sealed off: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/12/ufo_crash_site_sealed/

hondarobot
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
I imagine the area is sealed off because hundreds of "Alien Hunters" were stumbling around in an area with potentially faulty machinery, and that's just stupid.

I actually like the "Flying Space Octupus" theory, it's at least somewhat original. I'm trying to imagine what's going down in the Alien Octupi War Room aboard the mothership right now:

"Great work! If it wasn't for those brave and persistent human Alien Hunters, our invasion would be complete by now. With one out of order, we predict that the elimination of two more wind turbines will result in the collapse of the earths power grid. We will then fly around avoiding photography, and then return to the Tenth Planet to celebrate. Actually, with Pluto having been downsized I suppose we'll be returning to the Ninth Planet. Someone alert the media!"

I also like the Black Helicopter angle. If some shadow government organization exists, why would they still be flying around in helicopters?

"Fire up the Black Helicopters, but we don't want to arouse suspicion amongst the people who believe we are flying around in Black Helicopters, so try to fly sneaky."

voy4her
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
I love how there are so many experts who know just how UFOs work, what aliens are thinking, and why they wouldnt be flying so low.
First of all, there are over 200 billion stars in our galaxy alone, with god knows how many planetary systems that could support life. Thats just in our galaxy. Therefore its basically a mathematical certainty that intelligent life other than us exists in our own galaxy, let alone the universe.
Other lifeforms would undoubtedly have technology that differs from ours, according to what materials they had to work with, and how much more developed their science is. Humans are very good at quashing alternate ways of doing things that may interfere with someones economical or political control, its certain that we have yet to discover many amazing and revolutionary ways to do things.
Therefore its quite possible that technology aliens may have works very well in their world, but since they are not infallible beings, no doubt, they may encounter unforseen anomalies that would interfere with the way their technology functions, whether its ley lines, or some atmospheric earth condition they had not anticipated. Hey we managed to fuck up the mars orbiter trajectory and crash it into the planet because the American and European teams got confused over (among other things) metric values.
http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~jetchev/Horror/CNN%20-%20NASA%20Human%20error%20caused%20loss%20of%20Mar s%20orbiter%20-%20November%2010,%201999.htm
The possibilities are almost endless. Plus, how many times has your car broken down leaving you stranded many miles from home? And thats an established mode of transportation.
Its most likely that it was not an experimental human craft flying that height, unless it was crashing or out of control, which is possible even with established aircraft.
It could also have been something mundane.
However to just dismiss "aliens" as not being an option since they "dont exist" is just to prove how egocentric and close minded we really are. As i already said, the possibilities are quite extensive, its a big universe out there, and im pretty sure we're not alone, and im also pretty sure that the other lifeforms out there are just as fallible as humans, in their thinking, designs and desires.

trish
01-13-2009, 07:46 PM
To paraphrase the late Carl Sagan: Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. The upshot being that the claim that -an Alien spacecraft crashed into the turbine- would be one of the last hypothesis to consider after all the other mundane explanations are shown to be incredible.

hondarobot
01-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I love how there are so many experts who know just how UFOs work, what aliens are thinking, and why they wouldnt be flying so low.
First of all, there are over 200 billion stars in our galaxy alone, with god knows how many planetary systems that could support life. Thats just in our galaxy. Therefore its basically a mathematical certainty that intelligent life other than us exists in our own galaxy, let alone the universe.
Other lifeforms would undoubtedly have technology that differs from ours, according to what materials they had to work with, and how much more developed their science is. Humans are very good at quashing alternate ways of doing things that may interfere with someones economical or political control, its certain that we have yet to discover many amazing and revolutionary ways to do things.
Therefore its quite possible that technology aliens may have works very well in their world, but since they are not infallible beings, no doubt, they may encounter unforseen anomalies that would interfere with the way their technology functions, whether its ley lines, or some atmospheric earth condition they had not anticipated. Hey we managed to fuck up the mars orbiter trajectory and crash it into the planet because the American and European teams got confused over (among other things) metric values.
http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~jetchev/Horror/CNN%20-%20NASA%20Human%20error%20caused%20loss%20of%20Mar s%20orbiter%20-%20November%2010,%201999.htm
The possibilities are almost endless. Plus, how many times has your car broken down leaving you stranded many miles from home? And thats an established mode of transportation.
Its most likely that it was not an experimental human craft flying that height, unless it was crashing or out of control, which is possible even with established aircraft.
It could also have been something mundane.
However to just dismiss "aliens" as not being an option since they "dont exist" is just to prove how egocentric and close minded we really are. As i already said, the possibilities are quite extensive, its a big universe out there, and im pretty sure we're not alone, and im also pretty sure that the other lifeforms out there are just as fallible as humans, in their thinking, designs and desires.

I'm not only one of the least "closed minded" people in the world, I'm also a nightclub technician. I know all about strange anomalies. There's a Martin Roboscan 218 light fixture in one of our bars, and whenever the bulb is about to burn out, the audio monitors in the sound booth produce a low hum. Why? In over 10 years I've never figured that out. The Roboscan isn't even on the same electrical circuit as the monitors, I know everything about that system, there's no connection between the two. It makes no sense, but it actually happens.

That's a real anomaly. This "UFO encounter" is just a wind turbine breaking, probably because it had some structural flaw, and it was very cold that night. I'm sure once that is proven, it will all just be considered a cover-up though. I wish it was an alien event, but I highly doubt it.

:shrug

Oh, on a seperate topic, kudos for the heads-up on Malewarebytes in another thread. My home PC is now clear of spywear once again. Thank you.

trish
01-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Sounds like your nightclub is haunted. I' d call in a psychic or a paranormal investigator and have that fixed.

hondarobot
01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
I know it's haunted, but that a whole different topic.

:wink:

trish
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
lol :)

voy4her
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM
you're absolutely right. Your sound engineering problems have conclusively proved that there are no other lifeforms in the universe. Thanks for putting that to rest.

hondarobot
01-13-2009, 09:00 PM

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that something like this wind turbine incident is clearly no proof of an alien incident, or even a military drone. The turbine probably just broke.

voy4her
01-13-2009, 09:03 PM

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that something like this wind turbine incident is clearly no proof of an alien incident, or even a military drone. The turbine probably just broke.
and i wasnt saying it was caused by an alien spaceship, just that they probably exist, and do occasionally crash.
BTW as a musician, 60 cycle hums arent uncommon, and often arent on the same circuit, used to drive my bass player crazy. Sometimes its just old wiring.

hondarobot
01-13-2009, 09:13 PM
I agree that alien intelligence probably exists, and as Trish pointed out, I work at a haunted nightclub, I'm just saying.

60 cycle hum is cured by a ground lift. That's not the problem.