PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Police Officer Shoots Unarmed, Handcuffed Man

El Nino
01-07-2009, 07:01 AM
http://digg.com/world_news/Oakland_Police_Officer_Shoots_Unarmed_Man_Handcuff ed_Man

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Video_shows_police_shooting_man_laying_0105.html

So, what do you people think of this new controversy? Thoughts, comments?

GroobySteven
01-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Not any new ones.

worldbro
01-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Homegrown terrorism; what did Cris Rock say "I gives a fuck about Al Quaida, I'm scared of Al Cracka" it was a humorous way of saying the ugly truth.

deadlyray
01-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Homegrown terrorism; what did Cris Rock say "I gives a fuck about Al Quaida, I'm scared of Al Cracka" it was a humorous way of saying the ugly truth.

LOL! Well, I guess it's not really funny...

worldbro
01-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Funny how its not big headlines yet

"Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If I tell the press that like a gang banger, will get shot in handcuffs by police, nobody panics, because it's all, part of the plan. But when I say that one, little child of Travolta has died, well then everyone loses their minds!"

dan_drade
01-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I wonder what the real truth is? Most of the time when the press gets hold of vids like this, it is presented in a way that has the most shock value. Was the guy really an innocent man that was just sitting and cooperating with the cops. Or was there something else going on that we could not hear of see?????

Then they show John Burris holding his hands over his face looking distressed. The only thing he is probably stressing about is if he can get lots of $$$$$$$ Ca-motherfuckin-chinggggggggg!!!!!

ef9hatchman
01-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Seriously its OAKLAND wtf do you seriously expect?

Beagle
01-07-2009, 05:54 PM

Yeah, well I guess Rock didn't know anyone killed by Al Q terrorists. :evil:

And what's with the "cracka" reference? Is this some clever way to help race relations? Talk like that just keeps picking the scabs off the wounds.

sunairco
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
....Oh sorry, thought I was using my Tazer Bro.

thx1138
01-07-2009, 09:16 PM
"Citizen videos" spread online showing BART police officer shooting
unarmed man to death
http://www.boingboing.net/2009/01/06/citizen-videos-sprea.html

highschoolteacherguy
01-07-2009, 09:23 PM
As a former police officer, it is never acceptable to shoot, taze, oc, or asp anyone who is wearing cuffs. If your have ever been in real cuffs behind the back, you must submit to the officer.

We had an officer at my department taze a teenager who was wearing handcuffs. He fell right on his face and broke his nose. The problem was just for curfew violation. Really stupid I think. I guess that is why I quit being an officer.

thx1138
01-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Speaking of tazering: http://www.tmz.com/2009/01/06/caught-on-tape-cops-attack-actors/

worldbro
01-08-2009, 12:14 AM

Yeah, well I guess Rock didn't know anyone killed by Al Q terrorists. :evil:

And what's with the "cracka" reference? Is this some clever way to help race relations? Talk like that just keeps picking the scabs off the wounds.

Well Cris Rock may of knew of some people killed by Al Quada, but fact is the majority of terrorist attacks on US soil have been done by people of the Caucasian race.
And sorry about the "Cracka" reference, but come on, its Chris Rock; for every "Cracka" theres about 76 "Niggas" in his punchlines. Its hard to be sensitive about others race being referenced to a snack by a comedian when the government is executing unarmed civilians in public.

hippifried
01-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Just a quick quetion to those in the Bay area:
Are BART cops real cops or rent-a-cops?

Now the video through the window is grainy, but it's a clear view of the action in real time without obstruction. Who said what to whom is totally irrelevant. Why the guy was singled out & pulled to the ground is irrelevant. We'll never hear his version of what happened. The dude was backshot after he was subdued. That's what's relevant. It'll be interesting to hear the official version & the mountain of excuses we all know are coming. Dollars to donuts there'll be a campaign to paint the shooter as a uniformed hero being persecuted for doing his job.

Solitary Brother
01-08-2009, 06:58 AM
I havent commented on this because the police havent finished their investigation.
They very well could come to the conclusion that this was murder by the police officer or the exact opposite.
But.
They are protesting in Oakland RIGHT NOW and a car was set on fire along with burning trash cans and the like.
The riot police and a helicopter are on scene in dowtown Oakland right now.
I havent seen the video that is going around but I will say this as a BART rider....
This all started because of fighting on the Bart.
The dead man was one of the people fighting.
This is sad because some mother lost her son but I already see this incident being used by the whacked out drugged up bay area liberals to try and get the "police state" or my favorite "the prison industrial complex" abolished.
I FEEL BAD FOR THIS MANS MOTHER.

Solitary Brother
01-08-2009, 07:10 AM
http://cbs5.com/video/?id=43974@kpix.dayport.com

Here is another video.
In the beginning the young man is still alive but notice the "people" around the area and how they are acting and what they are saying.

I notice some of the young men are using the term "blood" a lot.
They are probably gangbangers.
Crips use the term "cuz" a lot.....

fitz207
01-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Ghetto Thugs....Were some of them white? White ghetto thugs throwing around the N word like it's some kind of joke. I don't think he should have been shot, but when you live the Gangsta life, violence goes with that lifestyle.

worldbro
01-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Ghetto Thugs....Were some of them white? White ghetto thugs throwing around the N word like it's some kind of joke. I don't think he should have been shot, but when you live the Gangsta life, violence goes with that lifestyle.

This is America Jack; violence goes with every lifestyle

dan_drade
01-08-2009, 08:41 AM
the riots will start soon.

ef9hatchman
01-08-2009, 09:10 AM
As a former police officer, it is never acceptable to shoot, taze, oc, or asp anyone who is wearing cuffs. If your have ever been in real cuffs behind the back, you must submit to the officer.

We had an officer at my department taze a teenager who was wearing handcuffs. He fell right on his face and broke his nose. The problem was just for curfew violation. Really stupid I think. I guess that is why I quit being an officer.
Live in oakland for one week you will taze ANYONE. its just fucking ghetto dude

Solitary Brother
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
According to several sources(The county of Alameda being the most important) this individual that was shot Oscar Grant had an EXTENSIVE criminal record.
It doesnt justify him being shot like that though.
The truth will come out one way or another but my initial reservations have already been confirmed.

needsum
01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I may be repeating other sentiments, but it is clear from that video that ther ewas no justifiable reason for that officer to draw or fire his weapon. That kid in the cuffs could have been spewing things like "I'll get my boys to rape and kill your wife you mutherfucker" and yet the cop should still NEVER have drawn his weapon.

I side with Solitary on this one--someone somewhere will take this and use it against BART and the criminal system, turn it into some sort of hate crime, premeditated, or whatever. And the people of the area will probably react because a black kid got killed by a white cop--regardless of the facts, and soon enough this will escalate into something much uglier than it already is.

worldbro
01-08-2009, 09:10 PM
the riots will start soon.

They have begun, I mean that was expected; you seen Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing. Apparently they didnt get the nonviolence message at the end of it.

hippifried
01-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Uh? You don't have to live in the Bay Area to know this. BART police officers are, like most transit police around the nation, sworn law enforcement officers with full arrest powers. AMTRAK Police, MTA Police in NY and CT, PATH Police in NYC/NJ, MBTA Police in Boston and so forth.
Well, I don't live in any of those places, & it still doesn't answer the question. The dog catcher is a sworn law enforvement officer. So's the meter maid & the park ranger that takes you on the guided tour of Old Faithful. So let me clarify.
The question is: Are these guys actual trained police officers, or does BART just hire anybody off the street who doesn't have a sheet?

There's a big difference between going through the police academy & just being burley & thinking it's cool to be packing at work. There's a bunch of added responsibility that goes along with enhanced powers, so I'm just wondering if these guys have a clue. I don't see any spin for this. It's just such a blatant lynching, & it was done in the middle of a crowded station full of people with cell phones. Seen a cell without a camera in it lately? This has stupid written all over it.

needsum
01-08-2009, 11:12 PM

Uh? You don't have to live in the Bay Area to know this. BART police officers are, like most transit police around the nation, sworn law enforcement officers with full arrest powers. AMTRAK Police, MTA Police in NY and CT, PATH Police in NYC/NJ, MBTA Police in Boston and so forth.
Well, I don't live in any of those places, & it still doesn't answer the question. The dog catcher is a sworn law enforvement officer. So's the meter maid & the park ranger that takes you on the guided tour of Old Faithful. So let me clarify.
The question is: Are these guys actual trained police officers, or does BART just hire anybody off the street who doesn't have a sheet?

There's a big difference between going through the police academy & just being burley & thinking it's cool to be packing at work. There's a bunch of added responsibility that goes along with enhanced powers, so I'm just wondering if these guys have a clue. I don't see any spin for this. It's just such a blatant lynching, & it was done in the middle of a crowded station full of people with cell phones. Seen a cell without a camera in it lately? This has stupid written all over it.

Cosign

uber_nerd
01-09-2009, 01:53 AM
right handed cops keep the tazer on the left hand side or at thigh level on rhs.

lots of commotion and dudes approaching scene.

immediate reaction suggests an accident.

Maybe's:

maybe the dude had a piece on him, so officer pulled his weapon until it could be secured.

thought safety was on. (one time in a duck field my cousin thought his safety was on and, wrongfully, pulled the trigger to test it... bad news bears right there)

alls I know is that this shit is crazy

thx1138
01-09-2009, 03:55 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/07/BART.shooting/index.html cop involved in the shooting has resigned.

Solitary Brother
01-09-2009, 04:59 AM
You know its kinda funny(not really).
You have OVER a hundred(100) murders in Oakland in 2008....most of them black on black,many of them gang related and with MULTIPLE witnesses.
Yet no one comes forward to identify the cowards that are shooting up THE BLACK COMMUNITY.
Police have to BEG for witnesses to these murders yet when a black man is shot by a white police officer you have legions of people coming forward as witnesses.
I ride BART all the time and many non-blacks are frightened of these mini-me punks.
BART is a complete fucking zoo where anything and everything is allowed to run free.
Part of me wishes the transit system would go broke so people would have to find another way to get around since people have no appreciation of BART.
If the BART was privatized you could then have some sort of standard of human conduct enforced.
There is ALL sorts of information out there about Oscar Grant coming out.
I just feel sorry for his mother.....that poor woman.

ef9hatchman
01-09-2009, 08:05 AM
You know its kinda funny(not really).
You have OVER a hundred(100) murders in Oakland in 2008....most of them black on black,many of them gang related and with MULTIPLE witnesses.
Yet no one comes forward to identify the cowards that are shooting up THE BLACK COMMUNITY.
Police have to BEG for witnesses to these murders yet when a black man is shot by a white police officer you have legions of people coming forward as witnesses.
I ride BART all the time and many non-blacks are frightened of these mini-me punks.
BART is a complete fucking zoo where anything and everything is allowed to run free.
Part of me wishes the transit system would go broke so people would have to find another way to get around since people have no appreciation of BART.
If the BART was privatized you could then have some sort of standard of human conduct enforced.
There is ALL sorts of information out there about Oscar Grant coming out.
I just feel sorry for his mother.....that poor woman.Under exaggeration 100 thats cute.

chefmike
01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
This is sad because some mother lost her son but I already see this incident being used by the whacked out drugged up bay area liberals to try and get the "police state" or my favorite "the prison industrial complex" abolished.

You need to lay off the right-wing radio, geekmeat. Your brain is beginning to rot...

worldbro
01-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Homegrown terrorism, yeah right. Seriously, what would that even look like? I remember seeing footage of Americans being beheaded by men that hid behind black masks and use their religion beliefs to justified war against that which they did not understand. Thank GOD we in America are not that savage. By the way, where in the middle east is Bart located?

Yeah and I remember seeing footage of men in white pointed mask with burning crosses hanging people by their neck and lynching them and use their religion to justify their beliefs, yes my friend this is America and we are that savage.
Terrorism is not exclusive to middle east extremist, they come in all colors; African, European, Asian, Russian, and yes even American

thx1138
01-10-2009, 11:58 PM
more updates: http://www.dailynewscaster.com/2009/01/09/bart-cop-johannes-mehserle-may-rely-on-the-taser-confusion-defense-in-oscar-grant-killing/ & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JfdWCJaAdo&NR=1 & http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-video-is-clearest-so-far-of-oscar-grant-shooting.html

Solitary Brother
01-11-2009, 08:36 PM
KPIX-TV reported Grant had a criminal record and served time at state prison in 2007 and 2008 and was involved in twelve cases between April 2004 and May 2008.[12] Grant, who had also been convicted of drug dealing, had been sentenced to 16 months in state prison in 2007 after he fled from a traffic stop while armed with a loaded pistol.[6] Grant was most recently released from prison September 23, corrections officials said

TAKEN FROM WIKI......

ef9hatchman
01-11-2009, 08:39 PM
KPIX-TV reported Grant had a criminal record and served time at state prison in 2007 and 2008 and was involved in twelve cases between April 2004 and May 2008.[12] Grant, who had also been convicted of drug dealing, had been sentenced to 16 months in state prison in 2007 after he fled from a traffic stop while armed with a loaded pistol.[6] Grant was most recently released from prison September 23, corrections officials said

TAKEN FROM WIKI......Idiot.....Go live on 23rd-25th ave in East oakland then come back and tell us how it is.

Solitary Brother
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Grant also had a criminal record; according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Grant served several months in state prison in 2007 and 2008. The Department of Corrections didn't disclose the offenses for which Grant was sentenced.

Records at the main Alameda County Courthouse in Oakland indicate that Grant had 12 separate cases between April 12, 2004, and May 8, 2008. But the records for all of those cases are at the Hayward Hall of Justice and weren't immediately available.

Taken from KPIX website.

El Nino
01-11-2009, 09:22 PM
You know what's really fucked up? The cop who murdered this dude is claiming that he thought it was his tazer. Now, this is absolute BS! Even more, there was no need to tazer him anyways. But if he gets off in court because of that excuse, that would be like somebody running over a cop and saying that they thought their gas pedal was there brake pedal!!! You would never get off for that. JUSTICE HAS TO BE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ef9hatchman
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
You know what's really fucked up? The cop who murdered this dude is claiming that he thought it was his tazer. Now, this is absolute BS! Even more, there was no need to tazer him anyways. But if he gets off in court because of that excuse, that would be like somebody running over a cop and saying that they thought their gas pedal was there brake pedal!!! You would never get off for that. JUSTICE HAS TO BE SERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!Nino its oakland they dont care. Trust me dude. its never going to change.

El Nino
01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Unfortunately, the sad truth is that this behavior is not isolated to just Oakland!

Bostonsub
01-12-2009, 03:16 AM
What's really funny is how you steal a quote from the movie THE DARK NIGHT almost word for word. Can't you think for yourself?

"Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If I tell the press that like a gang banger, will get shot in handcuffs by police, nobody panics, because it's all, part of the plan. But when I say that one, little child of Travolta has died, well then everyone loses their minds!"

worldbro
01-12-2009, 03:26 AM
What's really funny is how you steal a quote from the movie THE DARK NIGHT almost word for word. Can't you think for yourself?

lol Your slow, your supposed to get the reference, its the jokers words edited a little bit thats why its in quotes
That was one of the times when the Joker made perfect sense in that movie

ef9hatchman
01-12-2009, 04:42 AM
Unfortunately, the sad truth is that this behavior is not isolated to just Oakland!Growing up I stayed in Oakland and San Bernardino Yes 2 of the most ghetto places of california I know how it is in both.Do I wish the killing stops of course I do but These two cities/countys have the highest crime rates.

worldbro
01-12-2009, 04:50 AM
Unfortunately, the sad truth is that this behavior is not isolated to just Oakland!Growing up I stayed in Oakland and San Bernardino Yes 2 of the most ghetto places of california I know how it is in both.Do I wish the killing stops of course I do but These two cities/countys have the highest crime rates.

Unfortunately outside the "ghetto" if your a young black male you still have to deal with getting shot by police; it has nothing to do with demographics or economic class
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28519154/

ef9hatchman
01-12-2009, 04:59 AM

Unfortunately outside the "ghetto" if your a young black male you still have to deal with getting shot by police; it has nothing to do with demographics or economic class
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28519154/OT?
Shit cops live in texas haha thats not true. Its a thing where the cop needs to be investigated. I have 4 friends who are LA sherrif If they feel threatened they said they have all right to shoot/taze the person threatening them.

kittyKaiti
01-12-2009, 06:58 AM
The shooting was an obvious accident. You can see the officer's reaction in the video. All the officers jump back like "Holy shit!!!". The officer was reaching for his tazer and accidentally grabbed his gun. Bang. These rioters though need to be shot. They're fucking stupid. They should be mowed down. We'll have less idiots in the country. "I'mma go burn some dudes car because a man was accidentally shot."

El Nino
01-12-2009, 07:29 AM
The shooting was an obvious accident. You can see the officer's reaction in the video. All the officers jump back like "Holy shit!!!". The officer was reaching for his tazer and accidentally grabbed his gun. Bang. These rioters though need to be shot. They're fucking stupid. They should be mowed down. We'll have less idiots in the country. "I'mma go burn some dudes car because a man was accidentally shot."

Listen to me, there is NO WAY a cop would aim, point and shoot his firearm and not know it was his firearm. They wear their guns on specific sides of their bodies. This was a pre-meditated murder, by the hands of a mentally unstable, raging psychopath that sadly represents "the law". Get Real. The Violence will stop on the streets, when justice is served. This is the message

ef9hatchman
01-12-2009, 07:30 AM

Listen to me, there is NO WAY a cop would aim, point and shoot his firearm and not know it was his firearm. They wear their guns on specific sides of their bodies. This was a pre-meditated murder, by the hands of a mentally unstable, raging psychopath that sadly represents "the law". Get Real. The Violence will stop on the streets, when justice is served. This is the message
Recoils a bitch too Or forgot those tazer guns must have a recoil.. Lol..... I wasnt thinking logically on my first post.lol Nino gj :D

El Nino
01-12-2009, 07:51 AM

Recoils a bitch too Or forgot those tazer guns must have a recoil.. Lol..... I wasnt thinking logically on my first post.lol Nino gj :D

Hey man, I call em' like I see em'.

ef9hatchman
01-12-2009, 09:35 AM

Hey man, I call em' like I see em'.Sarcasm my dude.
Tazers have no recoil its air launched I believe.
Now a Firearm has recoil Like a bitch if you dont hold it right.

El Nino
01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I know, I know...
Regardless its murder 1

El Nino
01-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I know, I know...
Regardless its murder 1

underdog6
01-12-2009, 11:08 PM
It comes down to the dumbass should have just done as the cops told him to.

worldbro
01-12-2009, 11:22 PM

what can they tell you to do that your not already doing when your handcuffed and on the ground?

attracted2ts
01-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Ok look...I wasn't going to comment on this but I hear alot of right winged talk...1 this mens criminal history has nothing to do with what was going on in this video..There was no reason to taze or shoot anyone who is cuffed behind the back....I've had them on multiple times you are not going to put up no kinda fight....2 unless you've been in the US Justice System or have friends & family in the system shut your mouth..In the US its easier to get a felony then it is to get in college or a job..Add the fact that you're born in poverty or diffrent ethnicity then the majority then its not going to be equal...Molest a kid you get out in 2-5 but dope will get you 10yrs....My president is black & the US Justice sytem if filled with Blacks & Latinos....That was a tragic situation that happened on Oakland & maybe the guy shot him by mistake however the fact of the matter is once a suspect is cuffed with his hands secured behind his back....Hell if u accidently shoot a cop they'll charge you with murder...I don't understand makes excuse for cops wg=hen they do something wrong..And make it so bad these arene't the OPD but train cops...

El Nino
01-13-2009, 01:12 AM
It comes down to the dumbass should have just done as the cops told him to. WTF?

Solitary Brother
01-13-2009, 01:12 AM
People just automatically assume this officer meant to kill this guy.
I personally think its an accident however our justice system will get to the bottom of it.
I just find the outrage at this incident versus the untold number of murders unsolved in Oakland and Richmond hilarious.
Thank god Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton havent showed up.

El Nino
01-13-2009, 01:15 AM
I personally think its an accident however our justice system will get to the bottom of it.
I just find the outrage at this incident versus the untold number of murders unsolved in Oakland and Richmond hilarious.

Accident? Thats quite the "accident"...

attracted2ts
01-13-2009, 02:09 AM

As I've said right-wingers and a little on the Bill O'Reily comment...Its amazing that you think our justice system is so perfect...You have to be a dedicated right winger to believe that..If that was the case wrongful prosecuted people wouldn't be getting out of jail because of DNA proving without a doubt they were innocent...If that was the case as I stated before molesters wouldn't get out before people who did less serious crimes..Jena 6 wouldn't exist..Madoff would be in jail & not locked in his millionaire dollar penthouse......And the Jesse Jackson comment makes me think you're a closet racist....

2009AD
01-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Oh shut up. The officer has been arrested in Nevada. he's waiting extradition back to California.

worldbro
01-14-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh shut up. The officer has been arrested in Nevada. he's waiting extradition back to California.

Really; do you have a link to this news story?

GroobySteven
01-14-2009, 08:57 PM

Really; do you have a link to this news story?

Pretty much checked any news - it's all over it.

El Nino
01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
The riots and protests appeared to have worked. The people have spoken. He has FINALLY has been arrested on one murder count. Good!

dan_drade
01-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes he did get arrested on Murder charges. But isnt murder when you intetionally kill someone? From all the vids I have seen, I dont think that he did it deliberately. He did pull his gun out and why he did it is unclear because the audio in the video is not clear. It looks to me like he pulled his gun for some unkown reason and it went off. He never really pointed and aimed his gun. He was just standing over the victim and the cops gun was just hanging at his side and it went off.

I suppose with all of the outrage that was going on, they had no choice but to arrest him on murder. If anything else would have been done there would have been even more violence. Arresting the cop for murder is the only way to stop the violence in the streets. Funny how that works in certain cities and with certain races of people. I wonder if the victim was a rich white guy, a muslim that looked like a terrorist, or an asian guy. Would the murder charges still apply? Hmmmmm....

El Nino
01-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes he did get arrested on Murder charges. But isnt murder when you intetionally kill someone? From all the vids I have seen, I dont think that he did it deliberately. He did pull his gun out and why he did it is unclear because the audio in the video is not clear. It looks to me like he pulled his gun for some unkown reason and it went off. He never really pointed and aimed his gun. He was just standing over the victim and the cops gun was just hanging at his side and it went off.

I suppose with all of the outrage that was going on, they had no choice but to arrest him on murder. If anything else would have been done there would have been even more violence. Arresting the cop for murder is the only way to stop the violence in the streets. Funny how that works in certain cities and with certain races of people. I wonder if the victim was a rich white guy, a muslim that looked like a terrorist, or an asian guy. Would the murder charges still apply? Hmmmmm....

Are you on crack? he took out his gun and pointed it at the dude and then pulled the trigger... What the hell are you talking about that he "didn't do it deliberatlely"? Sure pal, that's going to hold up in court.

kittyKaiti
01-14-2009, 10:27 PM

It looks like an accident if you watch the video. You see how the cops reacted to the shooting. It wasn't done deliberately.

As for stopping the rioting, we have ways to stop them, it's just that our government isn't hardcore enough to deal with fuckheads. Personally if you riot, I hope you get shot or run over. You're a fucking idiot and deserve to get hurt. Burning down the neighborhood is uncalled for in any situation. Putting an innocent man in jail is not the way to deal with the situation.

kittyKaiti
01-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Are you on crack? he took out his gun and pointed it at the dude and then pulled the trigger... What the hell are you talking about that he "didn't do it deliberatlely"? Sure pal, that's going to hold up in court.

I'm well aware of the police corruption that goes on in the country. The Sean Bell case is an example of police corruption. He was shot a ridiculous amount of times and didn't have a weapon, didn't commit a crime, etc. This situation though in Oakland, was an accident.

dan_drade
01-14-2009, 10:37 PM

I am not on crack. What I am saying is that it is inconclusive to say that it is murder. But if in your little mind you want to imagine that, go right ahead. In fact if you want, you can think that he woke up in the morning thinking "I'm gonna kill me some nigga today".

Killing someone and murdering someone are two different things in this country, and to convict someone on a crappy video like that is crazy.

I dont know if you remember, but a few years back there was a cop that was arresting a young black guy and there was a video of him slamming the kid on the back of his car really hard. There was the same uprising and they were going to prosocute the cop for abouse of power. The cops defense was that the kid grabbed his nuts and then slammed him on the car to make the kid let go. Nobody belived him until another vidoe showed up that showed the kid doing just that. After that second video showed up you never heard anythin about it again. Could it be that the original video was incunclusive? I would have to say so. So the next time you make your decision based on what some other party goer has recorded on thier little phone cam, you should think again.

dan_drade
01-14-2009, 10:53 PM

It looks like an accident if you watch the video. You see how the cops reacted to the shooting. It wasn't done deliberately.

As for stopping the rioting, we have ways to stop them, it's just that our government isn't hardcore enough to deal with fuckheads. Personally if you riot, I hope you get shot or run over. You're a fucking idiot and deserve to get hurt. Burning down the neighborhood is uncalled for in any situation. Putting an innocent man in jail is not the way to deal with the situation.

I totally agree with you Kitty. At least there is someone here that is using her head.
The only problem that the cop will have, is going to be finding a jury that would be symapthetic to him.
Unfortunately, the cops are helpless when it comes to stopping a riot in Oakland. If they would have stopped the riots, it would have been portrayed as some racist, police brutality story in the press. And the bad thing is that all of the damage that was done was done to innocent peoples proerty. I suppose that is justice in the minds of some people.

Solitary Brother
01-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I feel bad for this cop because I think it was an accident and now he is going to be railroaded.
Oscar Grant was a piece of shit criminal scumbag and convicted felon who contributed NOTHING to society.

worldbro
01-15-2009, 12:40 AM

I totally agree with you Kitty. At least there is someone here that is using her head.
The only problem that the cop will have, is going to be finding a jury that would be symapthetic to him.
Unfortunately, the cops are helpless when it comes to stopping a riot in Oakland. If they would have stopped the riots, it would have been portrayed as some racist, police brutality story in the press. And the bad thing is that all of the damage that was done was done to innocent peoples proerty. I suppose that is justice in the minds of some people.

C'mon I can see an insanity plea for this officer cause it looks like he had an apparent case of rage, happens all the time; hard to detect that somebody can do that when a person is going through police academy. Not pre meditated but still at the time this happened this guy meant to kill him.
Most cops I know have stated over and over again that they are trained to hurt/maim or stop a suspect. They are not trained to kill. Professional cops with prior military experience are sought after and recruited--however their training tends to be more emphasized in this area. Police do not want to kill. They want the courts to make that judgement.
This being said I think they should throw the book at him to make people with even the slightest mental issues think twice about becoming an officer of the law, takes a special person to do that and that officer was not one of them.

2009AD
01-15-2009, 01:20 AM
I feel bad for this cop because I think it was an accident and now he is going to be railroaded.
Oscar Grant was a piece of shit criminal scumbag and convicted felon who contributed NOTHING to society.

Way to go Solitary! Way to dehumanize the victim! Get a clue man. Calling someone a "piece of shit criminal scumbag," still does not give anyone carte blanche to shoot that person in the back, when he is laying face down and unarmed.

Yes, it was, most likely, an accident. But guess what? You pull a gun out and it accidentally discharges, you are still responsible for whatever damage that bullet causes.

Reports say that he is being charge with murder. In the end, I think he will be charged with involuntary manslaughter under California Penal Code 192

192. Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without
malice. It is of three kinds:
(a) Voluntary--upon a sudden quarrel or heat of passion.
(b) Involuntary--in the commission of an unlawful act, not
amounting to felony; or in the commission of a lawful act which might
produce death, in an unlawful manner, or without due caution and
circumspection. This subdivision shall not apply to acts committed in
the driving of a vehicle.

dan_drade
01-15-2009, 09:33 AM

I have to agree with you on that one. I dont know anything about Oscar Grant, but the cop that shot him is now up on murder charges. WTF is up with that??? I know that a lot of the lower income residents in Oakland are happy about that and a lot of them were enraged that the cop was not immediately arrested and put in jail. This was apparant by the rioting that took place in Oakland. But I dont think they know the difference between murder and a killing. I suppose since all of the fine Oakland residents that they know have always been charged with murder when they killed someone. Murder is the word that they know. The word manslaughter is probably not a word they know. Hell, I'll bet if they saw the word they would think it meant " Mens Laughter".

attracted2ts
01-20-2009, 09:07 AM

I have to agree with you on that one. I dont know anything about Oscar Grant, but the cop that shot him is now up on murder charges. WTF is up with that??? I know that a lot of the lower income residents in Oakland are happy about that and a lot of them were enraged that the cop was not immediately arrested and put in jail. This was apparant by the rioting that took place in Oakland. But I dont think they know the difference between murder and a killing. I suppose since all of the fine Oakland residents that they know have always been charged with murder when they killed someone. Murder is the word that they know. The word manslaughter is probably not a word they know. Hell, I'll bet if they saw the word they would think it meant " Mens Laughter".

Now I know you're a racist. 1: the cpp had no reason to pull his gun on Mr. Grant because he was cuffed. 2: Mr. Grants record has nothing to do with the incident it was 5-7 cops to just Mr. Grant so there was no need to taze, mace, & damn sure not shoot him. 3: So you think all cops are good. So Rodney King ass whopping was justified, racial profiling is justified...Hold up matter fact you're on Hung-Angels Forum therefore you're just like mine & Mr. Grants black selves and thats in the minority. I don't care if he was asian, white, blue or green there is no way to jusitfy what this cop did unless he had a nuclear missile on him....4: Everybody in Oakland isn't on low housing, selling or smoking dope you small minded racist bigot....I don't understand how you & any other guy that is into she-cock can be racist especially since if you tried to join them good old boys (you know the Klan) they would hang you as quick as they would hang me if not quicker....Oh yeah & I could swear black people are not the only ones who riot..Let me think when the Lakers won the NBA Championship I could swear the riot that happened afterward was majority white..Matter of fact those riots that occur at those soccer games majority if not all are white........

ef9hatchman
01-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Live in Oakland for a week then talk. till then hush it.The cop commited a crime and has to pay for it. His job is to PROTECT and SERVE,no one gave him the right to shoot/kill in cold blood. No it wasnt a reaction. If you ever lived in oakland bullets arent too uncommon EACH night. Being a Oakland cop means you been around BS for quite some time, a incident like this wont make you flip/crack.
This cop has to pay for his fuckups or all cops will kill for fun.

dan_drade
01-20-2009, 10:35 AM

Now I know you're a racist. 1: the cpp had no reason to pull his gun on Mr. Grant because he was cuffed. 2: Mr. Grants record has nothing to do with the incident it was 5-7 cops to just Mr. Grant so there was no need to taze, mace, & damn sure not shoot him. 3: So you think all cops are good. So Rodney King ass whopping was justified, racial profiling is justified...Hold up matter fact you're on Hung-Angels Forum therefore you're just like mine & Mr. Grants black selves and thats in the minority. I don't care if he was asian, white, blue or green there is no way to jusitfy what this cop did unless he had a nuclear missile on him....4: Everybody in Oakland isn't on low housing, selling or smoking dope you small minded racist bigot....I don't understand how you & any other guy that is into she-cock can be racist especially since if you tried to join them good old boys (you know the Klan) they would hang you as quick as they would hang me if not quicker....Oh yeah & I could swear black people are not the only ones who riot..Let me think when the Lakers won the NBA Championship I could swear the riot that happened afterward was majority white..Matter of fact those riots that occur at those soccer games majority if not all are white........

Haha, me a racist? Hardly. I have a feeling you are a young black man probably in your early twenties, thus your ignorance. However, there is hope for you, but only time will tell. Dont feel bad though. Everyone is ignorant when they are young adults. I was very ignorant as well.

That said, I am a manager of a networking company and I have probably hired over 100 emplyees in the last 10 years. I have hired men and women if all races and all sexual preferences including transgendered people. I hire based on character and knowledge, not by someones skin color or sexual preference. So if that sounds racist to you, then I guess I cant help you there.

Secondly, if you just stop and think for a moment about the killing in question. You might be able to understand that it was not a murder. Just watch the video and turn the volume down. I know it's hard to see whats going on when you hear the audio of everyone talking in the background. Now without all of the jabberwocky going on, just watch. You will see that the cop pulls his gun and drops it to his side. It is just dangling at his side and then it goes off. He does not aim it, he does not look angry. If anything he looks a little confused from everything going on around him.

So now you have to ask yourself, would a cop really just pull his gun and casually shoot someone, especially with all those people/witnesses standing around watching? I would have to say no. Just try to watch the video and dont let your emotions cloud your thinking.

As far as Rodney King goes. Ya, he probably deserved the beating that he got. If memory serves me correctly, he led the cops on a long and at time high speed chase in L.A. it took the cops a long time to finally bring him to a stop and he put himself as well as the cops in a position to hit and possibly kill innicent people. I dont know about you, but if I was a cop, I would have been pissed off at him and probably would have done the same thing the cops did after finally stopping him. I dont care if he is black or white or whatever. I would have been PISSED at him. End of story. I dont know about you, but if a cop turns his lights on me, I just pull over. Thats all Rodney King had to do. He got what he got because he asked for it, plain and simple.

Oh, no no wait. He ran because he was scared. Ya thats it, thats a good defense. Damn, I'll have to use that the next time I am in trouble with the law. (Just so you know, I was being sarcastic) If you dont know what sracsim is, just google it. LOL

Lastly, you are right. All of the poeple in Oakland are not on low housing. But if you know Oakland, you know that those that are upper middle class and upper class do not live near the coloseum bart or near International Dr. AKA E 14th st. The live in the hills and the foothills of Oakland. The majority of them are liberals or they have lived there since th mid 1900's and they dont want to move. The wonderful thing about liberals is that they love to live near the lower class people, but not with them.

I can say a lot more here, but this is already getting too long. So before you go flapping your lips the next time, or should I say flapping your fingers. Just think a little bit and try to put things into perspective.

ef9hatchman
01-20-2009, 10:37 AM

Haha, me a racist? Hardly. I have a feeling you are a young black man probably in your early twenties, thus your ignorance. However, there is hope for you, but only time will tell. Dont feel bad though. Everyone is ignorant when they are young adults. I was very ignorant as well.

That said, I am a manager of a networking company and I have probably hired over 100 emplyees in the last 10 years. I have hired men and women if all races and all sexual preferences including transgendered people. I hire based on character and knowledge, not by someones skin color or sexual preference. So if that sounds racist to you, then I guess I cant help you there.

Secondly, if you just stop and think for a moment about the killing in question. You might be able to understand that it was not a murder. Just watch the video and turn the volume down. I know it's hard to see whats going on when you hear the audio of everyone talking in the background. Now without all of the jabberwocky going on, just watch. You will see that the cop pulls his gun and drops it to his side. It is just dangling at his side and then it goes off. He does not aim it, he does not look angry. If anything he looks a little confused from everything going on around him.

So now you have to ask yourself, would a cop really just pull his gun and casually shoot someone, especially with all those people/witnesses standing around watching? I would have to say no. Just try to watch the video and dont let your emotions cloud your thinking.

As far as Rodney King goes. Ya, he probably deserved the beating that he got. If memory serves me correctly, he led the cops on a long and at time high speed chase in L.A. it took the cops a long time to finally bring him to a stop and he put himself as well as the cops in a position to hit and possibly kill innicent people. I dont know about you, but if I was a cop, I would have been pissed off at him and probably would have done the same thing the cops did after finally stopping him. I dont care if he is black or white or whatever. I would have been PISSED at him. End of story. I dont know about you, but if a cop turns his lights on me, I just pull over. Thats all Rodney King had to do. He got what he got because he asked for it, plain and simple.

Oh, no no wait. He ran because he was scared. Ya thats it, thats a good defense. Damn, I'll have to use that the next time I am in trouble with the law. (Just so you know, I was being sarcastic) If you dont know what sracsim is, just google it. LOL

Lastly, you are right. All of the poeple in Oakland are not on low housing. But if you know Oakland, you know that those that are upper middle class and upper class do not live near the coloseum bart or near International Dr. AKA E 14th st. The live in the hills and the foothills of Oakland. The majority of them are liberals or they have lived there since th mid 1900's and they dont want to move. The wonderful thing about liberals is that they love to live near the lower class people, but not with them.

I can say a lot more here, but this is already getting too long. So before you go flapping your lips the next time, or should I say flapping your fingers. Just think a little bit and try to put things into perspective.
Middle class America still has those 0_o

Solitary Brother
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Live in Oakland for a week then talk. till then hush it.The cop commited a crime and has to pay for it. His job is to PROTECT and SERVE,no one gave him the right to shoot/kill in cold blood. No it wasnt a reaction. If you ever lived in oakland bullets arent too uncommon EACH night. Being a Oakland cop means you been around BS for quite some time, a incident like this wont make you flip/crack.

I live near Oakland and can talk ALL I WANT.
You are idiot anyways.

ef9hatchman
01-20-2009, 11:07 AM

You are idiot anyways.Go down to 24th ave kid see how long you live for if ya talk shit out there. I lived between oakland and San bernardino growing up. Ur a skinny self hating black child go push ur 75 lbs bag somemore.You say you live in Frisco dont talk 2 different cities.Dont say because you live close to oakland you got the right to talk Live there first.

Solitary Brother
01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
8)

chefmike
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM

You are idiot anyways.Go down to 24th ave kid see how long you live for if ya talk shit out there. I lived between oakland and San bernardino growing up. Ur a skinny self hating black child go push ur 75 lbs bag somemore.You say you live in Frisco dont talk 2 different cities.Dont say because you live close to oakland you got the right to talk Live there first.

It sure seems that way. Always has. Even when he posted under his former nom de plume geekmeat.

phobun
01-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Go down to 24th ave kid see how long you live for if ya talk shit out there. I lived between oakland and San bernardino growing up. Ur a skinny self hating black child go push ur 75 lbs bag somemore.You say you live in Frisco dont talk 2 different cities.Dont say because you live close to oakland you got the right to talk Live there first.
Go hit the heavy bag.

ef9hatchman
01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Go down to 24th ave kid see how long you live for if ya talk shit out there. I lived between oakland and San bernardino growing up. Ur a skinny self hating black child go push ur 75 lbs bag somemore.You say you live in Frisco dont talk 2 different cities.Dont say because you live close to oakland you got the right to talk Live there first.
Go hit the heavy bag.No he wasnt hitting that he was pushing it like crazy.

attracted2ts
01-20-2009, 07:13 PM

I can say a lot more here, but this is already getting too long. So before you go flapping your lips the next time, or should I say flapping your fingers. Just think a little bit and try to put things into perspective. U wanna know something right now I realy don't give a damn about this arguement because I am riding high because as you & anyother racist or racist undertone induhvidual...Young Jeezy said it best my president is black which I do love, however its now whether you like it or not the leader of the whole free world is black like me..So now its our president is black.......

dan_drade
01-20-2009, 08:13 PM
U wanna know something right now I realy don't give a damn about this arguement because I am riding high because as you & anyother racist or racist undertone induhvidual...Young Jeezy said it best my president is black which I do love, however its now whether you like it or not the leader of the whole free world is black like me..So now its our president is black.......

I think he will make a fine president. Like I said, I judge a man by his character and not the color of his skin. Besides, he is only half black. It's kind of funny how most people only see him as black and not black and white. Also, he was not raised as what someone like you would consider a typical black man. He was born and raised in Hawaii by his white mother and he also went to a very good private school in oahu. He is well educated and intelligent. I hope he does well although it will be a long uphill battle for him bacause of the mess that he is stepping into.

Once again you show your ignorance because it seems like you are judging our new president byt the color of his skin and not is charachter.

Think about it.

attracted2ts
01-21-2009, 12:00 AM
U wanna know something right now I realy don't give a damn about this arguement because I am riding high because as you & anyother racist or racist undertone induhvidual...Young Jeezy said it best my president is black which I do love, however its now whether you like it or not the leader of the whole free world is black like me..So now its our president is black.......

I think he will make a fine president. Like I said, I judge a man by his character and not the color of his skin. Besides, he is only half black. It's kind of funny how most people only see him as black and not black and white. Also, he was not raised as what someone like you would consider a typical black man. He was born and raised in Hawaii by his white mother and he also went to a very good private school in oahu. He is well educated and intelligent. I hope he does well although it will be a long uphill battle for him bacause of the mess that he is stepping into.

Once again you show your ignorance because it seems like you are judging our new president byt the color of his skin and not is character.

Think about it. Look I do not judge no one by the color of they skin but by their actions. He is black as me & every other African American because the slaves were raped by the slave owners. I'm also far from ignorant on his upbringing because I' a half black half Choctaw Indian. He's from Hawaii but was the senator across the river from me. Before you try to judge me I was born & raised in Iowa. He's black like me & Mr. Grant. You think by being half white he doesn't know black pain. If that was the case then the civil right movement didn't need to happen. Jena 6 shouldn't have happened. If Barak & Mr. Grant had changed places it would be Barak dead. America is built on racism and just because he won doesn't mean by far that the struggle is over but he gives hope to many. The cop who murdered Mr. Grant had no reason to pull his gun well unless he's scared of black folks. I mean seriously you have faith in a system that let's Jena 6 happen & falsely imprisoned people are being released because of DNA. Repeat child molesters are still being let out & allowed to go to college but if you get caught with dope or just in the wrong place at the wrong time you can kiss your higher education goodbye. As people stated I come from the supposed whitest state but I know that if you Black, Mexican or gay that the cops will treat you like they're the judge & jury. I'm going to end this reply on this note. If the situation was reversed that cop would've been in jail that same night charged with murder.

uber_nerd
01-21-2009, 02:41 AM
I lived between oakland and San bernardino growing up.

Lost Hills is about halfway between... is that where you lived?

Nice little podunk... pretty poor but a nice little place.

ef9hatchman
01-21-2009, 04:36 AM
I lived between oakland and San bernardino growing up.

Lost Hills is about halfway between... is that where you lived?

Nice little podunk... pretty poor but a nice little place.Both cities dude. Meaning I lived in both growing up...Not in Midcali. Lol.

dan_drade
01-21-2009, 07:33 AM

Once again you show your ignorance because it seems like you are judging our new president byt the color of his skin and not is character.

Think about it. Look I do not judge no one by the color of they skin but by their actions. He is black as me & every other African American because the slaves were raped by the slave owners. I'm also far from ignorant on his upbringing because I' a half black half Choctaw Indian. He's from Hawaii but was the senator across the river from me. Before you try to judge me I was born & raised in Iowa. He's black like me & Mr. Grant. You think by being half white he doesn't know black pain. If that was the case then the civil right movement didn't need to happen. Jena 6 shouldn't have happened. If Barak & Mr. Grant had changed places it would be Barak dead. America is built on racism and just because he won doesn't mean by far that the struggle is over but he gives hope to many. The cop who murdered Mr. Grant had no reason to pull his gun well unless he's scared of black folks. I mean seriously you have faith in a system that let's Jena 6 happen & falsely imprisoned people are being released because of DNA. Repeat child molesters are still being let out & allowed to go to college but if you get caught with dope or just in the wrong place at the wrong time you can kiss your higher education goodbye. As people stated I come from the supposed whitest state but I know that if you Black, Mexican or gay that the cops will treat you like they're the judge & jury. I'm going to end this reply on this note. If the situation was reversed that cop would've been in jail that same night charged with murder.

There is just no way to reason with you. Maybe it is from your upbringing. I have no idea what it is like to be black and raised in a white state, so if I was to say anything, I would only fuel your fire about me being a racist. Although I did read your post and thought about saying a whole bunch of shit in reply to what you wrote. But once again, you would just call me a racist. But it was fun thinking about it. LOL.

Obviously, you still dont know that much about your new president other than the fact that he is black. Well half black anyway. He knows nothing about black oppression other than what he was taught in school.

Anyway, I am not going to get into a long diatribe here with you, but just educate youself a bit. Thats all I'm saying.

worldbro
01-21-2009, 10:41 PM

There is just no way to reason with you. Maybe it is from your upbringing. I have no idea what it is like to be black and raised in a white state, so if I was to say anything, I would only fuel your fire about me being a racist. Although I did read your post and thought about saying a whole bunch of shit in reply to what you wrote. But once again, you would just call me a racist. But it was fun thinking about it. LOL.

Obviously, you still dont know that much about your new president other than the fact that he is black. Well half black anyway. He knows nothing about black oppression other than what he was taught in school.

Anyway, I am not going to get into a long diatribe here with you, but just educate youself a bit. Thats all I'm saying.

Love how people say half white when talking about Obama, let him fuckup that will turn him Black real quick lol