PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who fans?

jaycanuck
01-03-2009, 03:36 AM
This may be a stretch...but any fans of the Doctor? And if so, your thoughts on the big announcement tomorrow?

ef9hatchman
01-03-2009, 03:52 AM
This may be a stretch...but any fans of the Doctor? And if so, your thoughts on the big announcement tomorrow?

Lol didnt know its a tv show :D

LibertyHarkness
01-03-2009, 03:55 AM
i love david tennant he is cute :) maybe his announcement is he is coming to live with me ....

fab
01-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Steven Moffat will make the right choice, tonight.

jaycanuck
01-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Some are saying Chiwetel Ejiofor. That'd be a great choice. He was awesome as the bad guy in Serenity. My hope was for Robert Carlyle to do it...but I guess he's out.

jaycanuck
01-03-2009, 04:04 AM
i love david tennant he is cute :) maybe his announcement is he is coming to live with me ....

haha Liberty. It's too bad he had to leave the roll

mishadark
01-03-2009, 04:16 AM
“People don’t understand time. It’s not what you think it is.” The Doctor explained, hoping to leave it there.

“Then what is it?”

“Complicated.”

“Tell me.” Sally demanded.

“Very complicated.” He said.

“I’m clever, and I’m listening, and don’t patronise me, because people have died, and I’m not happy. Tell me.” She demanded again.

“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a linear non subjective view point, it’s more like a big ball of wibbley-wobbly, timey-wimey… stuff."

“Timey-wimey!!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah, I’ve seen this bit before. You said that that sentence got away from you.” Sally told them.

“It got away from me, yeah.”

“And the next thing you’re gonna say is ‘Well I can hear you’”

“Well I can hear you.” Sally shook her head.

“But that’s impossible!”

“No! It’s brilliant!” Larry informed her.

“Well, not hear you exactly, but I know everything you’re gonna say.” The Doctor explained.

“Always gave me the shivers that bit.” Larry said.

“How can you know what I’m gonna say?” Demanded Sally – this was too weird.

“Look to your left.” The Doctor told her.

“What does he mean by “Look to your left”? I’ve written tons about that on the forums, I think it’s a political statement.” Larry questioned. Sally rolled her eyes.

“He means you. What are you doing?”

“I’m writing in your bits, that way I’ve got a complete transcript of the whole conversation. Wait until this hits the net, this will explode the egg forums.” Sally just shook her head and turned away.

“I’ve got a copy of the finished transcript. It’s on my autocue.”

“How can you have a finished transcript, it’s still being written?”

“I told you, I’m a time traveller. I got it in the future.” Sally shook her head.

“Ok, let me get my head round this. You’re reading aloud from a transcript of a conversation you’re still having?” Her head was beginning to ache.

“Wibbly wobbly…” The Doctor started.

“timey wimey.”

jaycanuck
01-03-2009, 04:23 AM
That's a great episode mishadark! Those statues freaked me the hell out.

Goldenguinea
01-03-2009, 04:24 AM
I love Doctor Who. Ive watched it from the time it came to the US in the early 80s. I was so happy when they announced they were going to start up again and have it be a continuation.

jaycanuck
01-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Same here guinea. We could get PBS here in Canada and they showed the old Tom Baker episodes. Great fun when your 12 on a rainy day.

dj4monie
01-03-2009, 04:39 AM
I only seem to catch it if I watch Top Gear and leave it on BBC America. Its a cool show otherwise.

uber_nerd
01-03-2009, 04:48 AM
A black Doctor Who !?!?!? What's next, a black president !??!

Naw a black Doctor would be super awesome.

conan007
01-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Patterson Joseph will be the next Doctor Who!

maybe

Cyclops
01-03-2009, 06:02 AM
“People don’t understand time. It’s not what you think it is.” The Doctor explained, hoping to leave it there.

“Then what is it?”

“Complicated.”

“Tell me.” Sally demanded.

“Very complicated.” He said.

“I’m clever, and I’m listening, and don’t patronise me, because people have died, and I’m not happy. Tell me.” She demanded again.

“People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a linear non subjective view point, it’s more like a big ball of wibbley-wobbly, timey-wimey… stuff."

“Timey-wimey!!” She exclaimed.

“Yeah, I’ve seen this bit before. You said that that sentence got away from you.” Sally told them.

“It got away from me, yeah.”

“And the next thing you’re gonna say is ‘Well I can hear you’”

“Well I can hear you.” Sally shook her head.

“But that’s impossible!”

“No! It’s brilliant!” Larry informed her.

“Well, not hear you exactly, but I know everything you’re gonna say.” The Doctor explained.

“Always gave me the shivers that bit.” Larry said.

“How can you know what I’m gonna say?” Demanded Sally – this was too weird.

“Look to your left.” The Doctor told her.

“What does he mean by “Look to your left”? I’ve written tons about that on the forums, I think it’s a political statement.” Larry questioned. Sally rolled her eyes.

“He means you. What are you doing?”

“I’m writing in your bits, that way I’ve got a complete transcript of the whole conversation. Wait until this hits the net, this will explode the egg forums.” Sally just shook her head and turned away.

“I’ve got a copy of the finished transcript. It’s on my autocue.”

“How can you have a finished transcript, it’s still being written?”

“I told you, I’m a time traveller. I got it in the future.” Sally shook her head.

“Ok, let me get my head round this. You’re reading aloud from a transcript of a conversation you’re still having?” Her head was beginning to ache.

“Wibbly wobbly…” The Doctor started.

“timey wimey.”

DON'T BLINK!

mishadark
01-03-2009, 10:23 AM
That's a great episode mishadark! Those statues freaked me the hell out.

"Dont look around, don't turn away & don't BLINK!

......Good luck."

8)

I bore my friends to bits by playing that dvd every time they come over to chill out for the evening,
or I play the short version which is a dvd extra easter egg
....which is of course the easter egg featured in the episode!

conan007
01-03-2009, 10:46 AM
The original short story that blink was takem from
printed in the 2006 Doctor Who Annual

part one

My name is Sally Sparrow.

I am 12 years old, I have auburn hair, braces you can hardly see, a dent in my left knee from where I fell off a bicycle when I was ten, and parents. I also have a little brother called Tim. My Mum told Mrs Medford that Tim Wasn't Planned, and you can tell because his nose isn't straight and his hair sticks up and I can't believe you'd do all that on purpose. Or his ears.

I am top in English, and Miss Telfer says I have an excellent vocabulary. I have sixteen friends who are mainly girls. I haven't taken much interest in boys yet, because of the noise.

This is the story of the mysterious events that happened to me at my fat Aunt's cottage at Christmas and what I discovered under the wallpaper of my bedroom, which caused me to raise my eyebrows with perplexity.

I was staying at my fat Aunt's cottage because my Mum and Dad had gone on a weekend away. Tim was staying with his friend Rupert (who I don't think was planned either because of his teeth) and I found myself once more in the spare bedroom at my Aunt's cottage in the countryside, which is in Devon.

I love my Aunt's cottage. From her kitchen window you can only see fields, all the way to the horizon, and it's so quiet you can hear water dripping off a leaf from right

at the end of the garden. Sometimes, when I lie in bed, I can hear a train far away in the distance and it always fills me with a big sighing feeling, like sadness, only nice. It's good, my bedroom at my aunt's. Really big, with a wardrobe that rattles its hangers when you walk past it and huge yellow flowers on the wallpaper. When I was little I used to sit and stare at those flowers and when no one was looking I'd try to pick them, like they were real flowers. You can still see a little torn bit where I tried to peel one off the wall when I was three, and every time I go into the room, the first thing I do is go straight to that flower and touch it, just remembering and such. I've talked about it with my Dad and we think it might be Nostalgia.

It's because of that flower and the Nostalgia that I first met the Doctor.

It was three days before Christmas. I'd just arrived at my fat Aunt's house, and as usual, I'd hugged her and run straight upstairs to my room, to hang all my clothes in the rattley wardrobe. And as usual I'd gone straight to the torn yellow flower on the wall, and knelt beside it (I'm bigger now) and touched it. But this time, I did something different. I don't know why. I heard my Aunt calling from downstairs that I shouldn't be too long, because she'd cooked my favourite and it was on the table, and usually I'd have run straight down. Maybe it was because I knew she'd want to talk about school and sometimes you don't want to talk about school (sorry, Miss Telfer) especially if you've got braces and frizzy hair and people can be a bit silly about that kind of thing, even if they're supposed to be your friends. Maybe it was because I was thinking about being three, and how much smaller the flowers looked now.

Actually I think it was because Mary Phillips had made up a song about my hair and I was feeling a bit cross and my eyes were all stingy and blurry the way they get when you know you're going to cry if you don't really concentrate. Anyway, my fingers were resting right on the torn bit, and I was thinking about the song, and frizziness and such, and suddenly it was like I just didn't care! And I started to tear the paper a little bit more! Just a tiny bit at first, I just sort of tugged it to see what would happen. And I kept going! And you know sometimes it's like you're in a dream - you're doing something, but it doesn't feel like you're doing it, more like you're just watching? Well, I went right on and peeled the whole flower off the wall. A whole streak of wallpaper and I just ripped it right off!

And then, oh my goodness me! I just stared!

I once read in a story about a girl who got a fright and the writer said she felt her hair stand on end. I thought that was rubbish and would look really stupid, like my brother. I thought the writer was probably making that bit up, because it couldn't happen. But I was wrong. I could feel it happening now, starting up my neck, all cold, then all my scalp just fizzing and tingling.

And here is what was written under the wallpaper. 'Help me, Sally Sparrow'.

conan007
01-03-2009, 10:48 AM
part 2

I looked closer, trying to work out if it was a trick, and noticed something else. More words, written just under those ones, but still covered by the wallpaper. Well, I thought, I'd already ruined it so I had nothing to lose. As carefully as I could, I tore off another strip. Beneath the words was just a date. 24/12/85.

Twenty years ago, someone in this room, asked for my help. Eight years before I was even born!

'Christmas Eve, 1985? Sorry love, I don't really remember.' My Aunt was frowning at me across the dinner table, trying to think.

'Can you really try, please? It's ever so important. Maybe you had guests, or friends staying or something? Maybe in my room.'

'Well we always had Christmas parties, when your uncle was still alive.'

'He is still alive, he's living in Stoke with Neville.'

'You could check in the shed.'

'Why would he be in the shed, Auntie, he's very happy with -'

'For the photographs.' She was looking at me, all severe now. 'If we had a party we always had photographs. I always keep photographs, I'll have a look around.'

'Thanks, Auntie!'

'What does it matter though? Why so interested?'

I nearly told her, but I knew she'd laugh. Because really, if you think about it, there was only one explanation. Coincidence. There must have been another Sally in the family I'd never heard about, and whoever had written that on the wall twenty years ago, they hadn't meant me, they'd meant her. They'd meant that mysterious other Sally from twenty years ago. I wondered what she

was like. I wondered where she was now, and if her hair was frizzy. And I wondered most of all why she'd been kept a dark secret all these many years. Perhaps she'd been horribly murdered for Deadly Reasons!

As I was about to go to bed, I looked hard at my Aunt - the way I do when I'm warning adults not to lie to me - and asked, 'There was another Sally Sparrow, wasn't there, Auntie? I'm not the first, am I?'

My Aunt looked at me really oddly for a moment. I half expected her to stagger back against the mantelpiece, all pale and clutching at her bosom, and ask in quivery tones how I had uncovered the family secret and have terrible rending sobs. But no, she just laughed and said

'No, of course not! One Sally Sparrow is quite enough. Now off to bed with you!'

I lay in my bed but I couldn't sleep! There had to be another Sally, there just had to be. Otherwise someone from twenty years ago was trying to talk to me from under the wallpaper and that was just stupid!

When my Aunt came in to kiss me goodnight (I always pretend to be asleep but I never am) I heard her put something on my bedside table. As soon as I heard her bedroom door close, I jumped and switched the light on! Maybe this was it! Maybe this was her dark confession - the truth about the other Sally Sparrow, and her Dreadful Fate. Sitting on my bedside table was a box. I gasped horrendously! I wondered how big a box would have to be to contain human remains! I narrowed my eyes shrewdly (and also bravely) and looked at the label on the lid (though I did think labelling murdered human remains would be a bit of an obvious mistake).

The label said 'Photographs 1985'.

The Christmas party ones were right at the bottom, and took me ages to find. They were just the usual kind, lots of people grinning and drinking, and wearing paper hats. My fat Aunt was there, still with Uncle Hugh, and my Mum and Dad too looking all shiny and thin. And then I saw it! My eyebrows raised in perplexity again, slightly higher this time. Because standing right in the middle of one of the photographs was a man with a leather jacket and enormous ears. He was in the middle of a line of grown-ups laughing and dancing, but he was looking right at the camera and holding up a piece of paper like a sign. And on the sign it said 'Help me, Sally Sparrow!'

conan007
01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
part 3

I gasped in even more amazement. There was another Sally Sparrow and obviously she was taking the photograph. And probably she was a bit deaf, and you had to talk to her with paper signs, because hearing aids hadn't been invented yet.

And then I looked at the next photograph. And that's when everything changed. Suddenly it was like the school bell was ringing in my ears and I could feel my heart thudding in my chest so hard you could probably have seen the buttons bouncing on my pyjamas.

There was the man again, at the back of the photograph, holding up another piece of paper. And this one said 'Look under the wallpaper again.'

As I reached for the wallpaper again my hand was shaking away like when you try to do your homework on the school bus. The next bit of writing was much longer and this is what it said.

'This isn't a dream, and by the way you should never try to do your homework on the school bus. I'm going to prove this is real. Think of a number, any number at all, and then get dressed, find a torch, and see what's carved in the bark of the furthest tree in the garden.'

When people think of a number, they always think of ten, or seven or something. They never think of a really big, stupid one. So I did, I thought of a big, stupid one. Then I halved it. Then I added my age. Then I took away Tim's age. Then I added four, just because I felt like it. And then a few minutes later, I was standing in the garden, shivering, staring at the furthest tree.

And there it was, carved like it had been there forever. No one ever thinks of the number 73. Except me. And the man who had carved the furthest tree in my Aunt's garden twenty years ago.

I sat on my bed for ages, just shaking and wondering what to do now. But it was obvious really. I tore off the next strip of wallpaper. This time, it just said 'Top shelf in the living room, right at the back.'

conan007
01-03-2009, 10:51 AM
part 4

The top shelf was where my Aunt kept all her videos. She hardly ever watched television, never mind videos, so they were all very dusty. And right at the back, jammed half way down the gap at the back of the shelf, was a tape that looked like it had been there for a long time. And stuck on it, a post-it. It said 'FAO Sally Sparrow'.

I slipped it into the VCR and kept the television volume really low, so as not to wake my Aunt.

And there, grinning like a loon from the television, was the man from the photographs. 'Hello, Sally Sparrow! Any questions?'

He was sitting in my bedroom! Only the walls were bare, and there was a pair of ladders in the middle of the room, like someone was decorating. I could hear party music coming from somewhere downstairs, and I wondered if it was the party in 1985.

'Well, come on, Sally!' the man was saying, 'You've gotta have questions. I would.'

I frowned. Not a lot of point in asking questions when the man you're asking can't hear them!

'Who says I can't hear you?' grinned the man.

I stared! I think I probably gasped. My eyebrows were practically bursting out of the top of my head. It was ridiculous, it was impossible. I hadn't even said that out loud.

'No, you didn't,' said the man, checking on a piece of paper, 'You just thought that.' He glanced at the paper again. 'Oh, and yeah, you did gasp.'

'Who are you?' I blurted.

'That's more like it, now we're cooking. I'm the Doctor. I'm a time traveller and I'm stuck in 1985, and I need your help.'

I had so many questions racing round my head I didn't know which one to pick.

'How did you get stuck?' I said.

'Parked my time machine in your Aunt's shed. Was just locking up, and it... well... burped.'

'Burped??'

'Yeah, burped. Shot forward twenty years, I hate it when that happens.'

I looked out the window to where my Aunt's shed stood at the end of the garden. And I noticed there was something glowing at the windows. Suddenly, I was just a little bit afraid. 'So it's here then?'

'Exactly. Nip out to your Aunt's shed, you'll find a big blue box, key still in the door. Could just stick around for twenty years and pick it up myself but I don't want it falling into the wrong hands.' He leaned forward to the camera, and his eyes just burned at me. 'And I know you're not the wrong
hands, Sally Sparrow. So I want you to fly it back to me!'

conan007
01-03-2009, 10:53 AM
part 5

I swallowed hard. This was totally freaky.

He glanced at his paper again. 'You've got another question, I think.'

He was right. 'You're just on video tape. How can you hear me??'

He smiled. 'Actually, I can't. Can't hear a thing. I just happen to know everything

you and me are gonna say in this whole conversation.'

'How??'

'Cos Mary Phillips made up a song about your hair.'

I could hardly breathe for all the gasping.

'And you punched her, didn't you, Sally Sparrow?

And then you got a punishment?'

My face was burning. How did he know all this?

I hadn't even told my Mum and Dad.

'You got Christmas homework. An essay about what you did over the Christmas holidays.' He grinned. 'And I've got a copy!'

And this is freakiest part of all. Because he held a copy of the actual essay I'm writing right now!!

'I know everything you're gonna ask when you see this tape, cos I've read the essay you wrote about it. That's how I knew what to write on the wall - you'll have to show me exactly where, by the

way - and that's how I knew what number you were thinking of.'

'But... but...' I could hardly think for my mind racing. 'How did you get a copy of my Christmas homework! I haven't even written it yet!!'

'Told you, I'm a time traveller. I got it in the future. From a beautiful woman on a balcony in Istanbul.' He smiled, like it was happy memory. 'She was some sort of spy, I think. Amazing woman! I'd just had a sword fight on the roof with two Sontarans, and she saved me from the second one. Then she gave me your Christmas homework and told me to keep it on me at all times, cos I'd need it one day.' He grinned.

'She was right!'

A spy, in the future, was going to have a copy of my Christmas homework? Talk about pressure!

He was looking at his watch. 'Okay, that's just about time up. Gonna need you to go to the time machine, and fly it here.'

'I can't fly a time machine. I had stabilisers on my bike till I was nine!!'

'Sally, I absolutely know that you can do this. And do you know how?'

'How?'

'Because I've read to the end of the story.' He laughed. 'Also - you hear that noise?'

Coming from the television, a terrible wheezing and groaning.

'What's that??'

He was still grinning.

'That's you!'

Behind the man, a huge blue box just appeared out of thin air. I stared at it. There were words over the door and I squinted closer to read them.

I should've known. He looked like a policeman!

'That's your time machine?'

'Yep. Like it?'

'But who flew it there?'

You could almost get tired of that grin. 'You did!'

The doors on the big blue box were opening. And then the most amazing thing ever. I stepped out of the box!! Me! Sally Sparrow! Another me stepped out of the time machine and waved at the camera.

conan007
01-03-2009, 10:55 AM
part 6

'Hello, Sally Sparrow, two hours ago!' said the other me. 'It's great in there, you're going to love it. It's bigger on the inside!'

'See?' said the man. 'Told you you could fly a time machine.'

'Yeah, it's easy!' said the other Sally,

'It homes in on his watch, anyway. You

just have to press the reset button next to the phone.'

'Who told you that?' I asked her.

A frown clouded her face. 'I did,' she said, and looked puzzled.

The man looked a little cross about that.

'Yeah, well before you set off any more time paradoxes... Sally Sparrow!' he gave me a Teacher look from the television. 'Go and do your homework!'

'Yeah!' said the other Sally, 'You've

got to write the essay before you can fly

the time machine. It'll take you about

two hours.'

'That's enough, both of you!' said the man, 'Got enough paradoxes going on here, without you pair having a chat!'

'But, listen, it's going to be great!' said the other Sally. And she gave me the biggest, most excited smile ever.

And oh goodness! You can see my braces!

And so here I am, finishing my essay. It's nearly two o'clock in the morning, and in a minute I'll be fetching the shed key from the kitchen drawer and setting off across the garden on the trip of a lifetime.

A big, amazing adventure. And not my last one either, oh no! Just the first of lots and lots, for the rest of my life probably. Suddenly I don't care what my Aunt is going to say about the torn wallpaper or what Mary Phillips thinks about my hair. I'll go back to school after the holidays and just be nice to her, and she can make up all the songs she wants. I'll join in, if it makes her happy.

You see, I know the best thing in the world. I know what's coming. I asked the man one more question before the end of the tape. I asked how a beautiful woman spy in the future could have a copy of my Christmas homework.

'Can't you guess?' he smiled. Not grinned, smiled. 'Her name,' he continued, 'Was Sally Sparrow.'

The big blue box is waiting in the shed at the end of the garden. And I've finished my homework.

THE END

mishadark
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
THE END

Cool. I knew Blink originated from a short story,
but your posts are the first time ive seen it,

Thanks.

conan007
01-03-2009, 11:03 AM
THE END

Cool. I knew Blink originated from a short story,
but your posts are the first time ive seen it,

Thanks.

your welcome enjoy

I have the book at home somewhere

transcript taken from the official bbc site

jaycanuck
01-03-2009, 02:08 PM
Great short story. I think I saw the Confidential after that episode and it talked to the writer. I love time travel stories like that. That's the great thing about Doctor Who....he can go anywhere in time and space...so the stories are endless.

matrixdave
01-03-2009, 02:32 PM
EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!! LOVE DOCTOR WHO KICKASS SHOW!!!!

jaycanuck
01-04-2009, 12:03 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7808697.stm

Interesting. Not one of the supposed names were chosen. Which may be a good thing. Tennant wasn't that well known either.

Not sure who Matt Smith is...not that well known this side of the pond...but he looks Doctor Who-ish.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45343000/jpg/_45343466_newdocotr226.jpg

BeardedOne
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
I haven't watched the Doctor in ages. I've had the good fortune to have met some of them (Both Bakers, Peter Davison, and Patrick Troughton the day before his unfortunate passing). I had no idea that the series had gone beyond the Sixth Doctor. Wow.

I jokingly told our waitress at one hotel to charge breakfast to The Brigadier (And she dutifully hurried over to his table. He politely declined) and some women I knew used to have pins that said "Anthony Ainley pinches insanely" after a rather eventful elevator ride with The Master.

Somewhere, in the hell that is my life, I have some photos from those times (Early 1980's). I'll hunt for them and scan them if found.

Historical (Or hysterical, if you prefer) note: I originally met my ex at a Dr. Who convention near St. Louis in 1982 (At the now gone Henry VIII Inn in Bridgeton, MO). It's =HIS= fault, damn him!

trish
01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
i'm an irregular viewer of Dr. Who. i love the doctor with the long stripped scarf. i must agree, the latest one is way cute. we can only thank our lucky stars there's a time lord to make sure the cosmos stays on course.

jaycanuck
01-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Historical (Or hysterical, if you prefer) note: I originally met my ex at a Dr. Who convention near St. Louis in 1982 (At the now gone Henry VIII Inn in Bridgeton, MO). It's =HIS= fault, damn him!

Well Bearded, he does leave trouble wherever he travels. :wink:

i love the doctor with the long stripped scarf. i must agree, the latest one is way cute. we can only thank our lucky stars there's a time lord to make sure the cosmos stays on course.

Tom Baker from the 70s. He was the one I started watching. Cheesy effects, unbelievable dialogue...but the fun of the stories made up for it. And yes...it's a good thing or we'd all be erased from existence. :)

conan007
01-04-2009, 01:42 AM
met Doctors 3 to 8 and David Tennent last year
started watching very young. from the end of Jon Pertwees storys, an never stopped watching

uber_nerd
01-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Christopher Eccleston was pretty darned good.

They need to bring back Martha Jones as the full time hoe and execute Donna Noble.... damn, every time she was on screen I just wanted to throw feces at her.

jaycanuck
01-04-2009, 02:51 AM

They need to bring back Martha Jones as the full time hoe and execute Donna Noble.... damn, every time she was on screen I just wanted to throw feces at her.

I agree nerd. Donna was rough. I think she was there to tie up the end. And martha was smokin. Actually, I'll admit Sarah Jane Smith aged nicely. :-)

sidrat910
01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
The announcement has been made. I'm unsure at this time whether Mr. Smith is the best choice. However, being a long time fan, Regenerations are a tricky thing. You're sad to see the current Doctor leave, but the next incarnation brings such possibilities. No matter what, I'll be there "behind the sofa", not missing a second.

GroobySteven
01-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Just watched the interview with him ... and I can see it completely.
Good to see that Tennent is doing a few more specials though.

Transhunter
01-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I have been a fan since I was 6 - 27 years ago , not sure if Matt Smith is the right choice , just need to wait and see

jaycanuck
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Tennant agreed to 4 mini-movies in 2009 (I think 3 now that the Christmas one is done). But there's still the possibility he can pop up later. There is a clone of him still alive. :)

Transhunter
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Tennant agreed to 4 mini-movies in 2009 (I think 3 now that the Christmas one is done). But there's still the possibility he can pop up later. There is a clone of him still alive. :)

apparently there is still 4 to go

conan007
01-05-2009, 10:31 AM

There is DT is making 4 60 minute specials
3 will air this year
starting with "The Planet of the Dead" this Easter
2 further screened this year
and one showing in 2010 possibly new year
the last one should see the regeneration into Matt Smith

conan007
01-05-2009, 10:33 AM

There is, DT is making 4 60 minute specials
3 will air this year
starting with "The Planet of the Dead" this Easter
2 further screened this year
and one showing in 2010 possibly new year
the last one should see the regeneration into Matt Smith

The Azmun
01-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I have been a fan of the show since I was a small boy, My father and I used to watch Tom Baker. I've been loving the new series; for me it's the same kind of thrill as things going from b/w to color. The new stuff is intensely emotional, and a lot darker. By the most recent stuff I've seen, I'm hoping they bring back the Time Lords, but who knows? The writers are incredible. I hope they keep the show going until I am old.

Domokun
01-05-2009, 03:26 PM
>I wish upon a star that could find a decent replica of Dr.Who's[Thomas Baker Reincarnation] scarf. Thomas Baker Sephirocks! He's now the narrator for "Little Britain", great sketch comedy series I enjoi. He has the best non sequiturs.

jaycanuck
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Little Brittain's amazing. And I see you're a fan ot TPB. They're from where I'm from..Eastern Canada. Lots of folk-lore about the boys around those parts.

Oh and Mishadark...had to watch Blink again. So good. For those of you interested (or crazy enough) you can get lost on Doctor Who facts on the Doctor Who Wiki..

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Wiki

Domokun
01-06-2009, 02:59 AM
Little Brittain's amazing. And I see you're a fan ot TPB. They're from where I'm from..Eastern Canada. Lots of folk-lore about the boys around those parts.

Oh and Mishadark...had to watch Blink again. So good. For those of you interested (or crazy enough) you can get lost on Doctor Who facts on the Doctor Who Wiki..

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_Wiki
>What's your say-so about the "Trailer Park Boys" sprites I made for my signature?

jaycanuck
01-06-2009, 03:24 AM
You made those? hahaha. Awesome. Hard to put detail in sprites that big, but you can certainly tell it's Julian, Ricky and Bubbles. One of the stories is the boys used to own a pizza parlor on Prince Edward Island. Dunno if that one's true or not though. Oh and on the earlier episodes you can see 3 "striped" smoke stacks... my Mom used to live down around that area. :) Ahhh the Maritimes.

Hmm..there may be an episode on now. Should go check. ""I'm watching you, boys..like a shithawk."

hondarobot
01-06-2009, 03:26 AM
The next incarnation of The Doctor should be cast as Lacey Chabert. Why does it always have to be some British guy? I haven't watched Dr. Who since (or before) Tom Baker, but I'm just asking.

jaycanuck
01-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Ha. That rumor was true. Just googled it.

"John Paul recently sold J. R. Capone's - a chain of pizza restaurants on Prince Edward Island that was first opened by himself and Robb Wells."

jaycanuck
01-06-2009, 03:29 AM
The next incarnation of The Doctor should be cast as Lacey Chabert. Why does it always have to be some British guy? I haven't watched Dr. Who since (or before) Tom Baker, but I'm just asking.

No reason...except that it's british-produced. I suppose it's the same as Bond being being cast to an american....there's just somethings you don't change. The Doctor also has a professorial aspect to him....the british accent just lends to that easily.

conan007
01-06-2009, 03:30 AM

But its a british show, with a character although Alien, always has a British quality. Maybe one day they'll cast someone who isnt British, but i doubt it.

hondarobot
01-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I'd start watching the show again if Lacey Chabert was cast. Instead of a scarf, her signature could be a perpetually wet t-shirt.

:)

El Nino
01-06-2009, 04:15 AM
The original Doctor Whos RULE!!! Haven't seen the new series yet, any good???

jaycanuck
01-06-2009, 05:13 AM
The original Doctor Whos RULE!!! Haven't seen the new series yet, any good???

The new series is excellent Nino. It's actually a continuation of the original (not a reboot say like Battlestar)....so a lot of the original enemies and situations are referenced. Daleks still look like trash bins....except they fly around now. Something else I noticed about the show too is the music. Some real Hollywood score style music going on in it. Anyway Nino..if you're a torrent type, I suggest finding these 4 seasons and watching them. It helps a bit in that the 4 seasons have a story arc going through it.

El Nino
01-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Cool man, I usually just buy DVDs or Blu Ray discs, so I will probably buy the whole first season sooner or later. Maybe I will try torrenting tho. I haven't tried it yet because I have not really had the need, BUT there is always a first

jaycanuck
01-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Yah. Always nice to own. My friend happened to have them all so I was lucky...plus I've gone all digital with my media. Try a couple shows..see what you think.

Self_jones
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Where can i get that fucking long as heel scarf from?????????

Self_jones
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
opps hell

jaycanuck
04-05-2009, 01:31 AM
Sweet jebus this looks good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQioa-AI6gU

jaycanuck
04-18-2009, 06:37 PM
Did anybody see the Easter special? Not the best but still...good show! Not sure what the fortune teller means at the end ( except for David Tennant ending his term as the Doctor ). The knocks were thought to mean the Master...but I heard that rumor may not be true. Some of the companions are coming back for the end though. Man...fall/winter seems like forever now. :)

LibertyHarkness
04-18-2009, 07:33 PM
i wanna be the doctor :)

MacShreach
04-18-2009, 07:48 PM
There is only one thing you can possibly say about Doctor Who.

And it's so staggeringly good I'll say it three times.

MacShreach
04-18-2009, 07:49 PM
I rest my case.

jaycanuck
04-18-2009, 08:54 PM
It's Freema Agyeman for me.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/Freema.jpg

conan007
04-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Did anybody see the Easter special? Not the best but still...good show! Not sure what the fortune teller means at the end ( except for David Tennant ending his term as the Doctor ). The knocks were thought to mean the Master...but I heard that rumor may not be true. Some of the companions are coming back for the end though. Man...fall/winter seems like forever now. :)

The Master well be back, but not in the next special
unless he appears right at the end
they are filming the last two specials now
a number of actors have been seen on location in Swansea and London
there should be one special in November on at christmas
and one on new years

jaycanuck
04-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Sucks that Tennant has to leave. I'll keep an open mind with this Matt Smith guy. Looks emo though. lol

astridgirl
04-19-2009, 01:16 AM
I agree I will miss David T. a bunch loved his stint at the Doctor.

Havent gotten the new shows yet here in the states after the last Christmas speciall though so i am interested to see how everything is going.

Maybe I can get them off of one of the torrents.

Matt Smith? EMO?

Hey anyone know if Torchwood is coming back loved that show also.

Cheers

Astrid Shay

Oh one more pic from my Bobs Tgirls session so go over and have a look.

Sorry not trying to promote myself and really do love Dr. Who and Torchwood. I mean look at the face on me if that doesnt say geek I dont know what does???? LOL

jaycanuck
04-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Ash..you should be the next companion. :)

As for Doctor who...you aren't missing a lot. There's only 4 mini movies out and there's only been one (the easter one) since the Christmas special. PM me if you want the episode.

As for Torchwood, they're kinda doing the same thing. Only 5 episodes this season. I think their numbers aren't as strong as the Doctors. I hope it makes it to the next season...I like that show.

conan007
04-19-2009, 02:10 AM
yeah just 5 episodes of Torchwood this year
a 5 part story over 5 nights
not sure if Torchwood will carry on further after this
Torchwood Children of Earth is screening this year sometime, no date yet

conan007
04-19-2009, 02:26 AM
Torchwood series 3
will probaly air in June or July
possibly the week starting monday june 15-Ashes to Ashes and the Apprentice are currently scheduled to finish the week before,and Wimbledon starts the week after,so theres a one week window of opportunity to show it then. maybe

jaycanuck
04-19-2009, 02:30 AM
Torchwood series 3
will probaly air in June or July
possibly the week starting monday june 15-Ashes to Ashes and the Apprentice are currently scheduled to finish the week before,and Wimbledon starts the week after,so theres a one week window of opportunity to show it then. maybe

Wow...it's kind of like they've already put the bullet into the show and are just saying "good luck". That's too bad. Really liked Torchwood.

Justawannabe
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm a big fan of both, sad that they are doing so few episodes...=(

conan007
04-19-2009, 11:03 AM
i think there4s some hope for more,
looking online john borrowman wants to do more
the talk i've heard is that ot may or may not return
so maybe it depends on the shortened season does
and if it comes back will there be more episodes?

jaycanuck
04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I got my brother into the show during his visit this week. Want to hook a fan show the episode Blink ( 3rd season )

conan007
05-09-2009, 11:23 PM
The future for Torchwood

got this on facebook the other day

the Doctor Who/Torchwood suport group

includes probable airing dates

of Children of Earth

SAVE TORCHWOOD? A CASUALTY OF CASUALTY??

With respects to the cast & crew of the Torchwood series, this is merely speculation. However, I am getting a number of independent emails suggesting that Torchwood has indeed been cancelled & Children Of Earth is indeed.. well.. it..

It actually makes sense to me, as Torchwood is Mr Russell T Davies's show & he is moving away from the worlds of Doctor Who now. Even more concerning, are the stories that the Torchwood set has been 'struck' which in Film & TV terms means dismantled & taken down. Some have suggested to make room for an expanded TARDIS set for the new series of Who & to accomodate the popular British weekly drama Casualty which is relocating to Wales from a set in Bristol.

What isn't a secret, is that this mini-series is going to be a real showdown & in true Torchwood style, there will indeed be casualties (pardon the pun). So, with that in mind, is this the series that will kill off Torchwood as we know it? Any of you who have seen pictures from filming.. No spoilers in this mail but you can dig deeper, if you want! Will see that there is some pretty wild stuff happening down Cardiff Bay way for the mini-series. So, it wouldn't surprise me if there is some kind of a 'reset' happening with the series too, even if it does continue.

What doesn't make sense to me, is that Torchwood is BBC America's highest rated show. The series has ratings higher than even the esteemed Doctor Who. Also the pioneering creative heads of the new Doctor Who universe, Executive Producer Julie Gardner & Head Of Drama Jane Tranter have all headed to work for BBC America in LA? You would think & I don't wish to sound cocky 'second guessing' these brilliant producers but you would think that they would keep their hits for the US?

In all interviews that I have seen John Barrowman in, he has expressed nothing but 'continuity' in the world of Doctor Who.. Matt Smith has said that he would love to work with Barrowman & the general feeling is, that despite the new Steven Moffat world of Who being an effective 'Reboot' it would still retain the continuity of the Torchwood & Sarah Jane Smith worlds. Additionally, in wonderful news, I hear that Eve Myles is expecting, so congratulations Eve from all of us!!! :-) Of course, no one would expect poor Eve to go chasing after Weevils with bump in tow! However, predicted cast member for the new Doctor Who series Gillian Anderson managed that for the second series of The X-Files??

So, 'Who' do we believe?

So, from today.. I will add in our Discussion Board, a SAVE TORCHWOOD section. May I ask that you please add your thoughts in there about your feelings on this issue & if you have heard anything different to what I have posted.. I will gladly shut my mouth, if someone can say with some kind of authority that this isn't the case! I am sure, that the ratings for Children Of Earth will have a lot to do with it! However, for long term series planning, they must have an indication over it's future? Bearing in mind, that the actors participating alone will need to work to their schedules, even to the extent that they know that say 'Jan 2010.. pencil out Torchwood filming for 3 months' e.t.c.

I hope that these rumours are all wrong but in the spirit of 'there is no smoke without fire', I wanted to share them with you & get the feelers out there. Also in the spirit of classic Gene Roddenberry fan power! I wanted to 'round up the troops' on a state of preparation, in the event that this indeed is true.

So, in the Torchwood scheme of things, we have gone from Alert Status Green to a cautionary Amber! Should I get more conclusive news, I will of course email you, as soon as I hear anything.

Hope that I haven't put a downer on your day! If anything else, we will have the 5 day wonderful extravaganza coming up in a month!

jaycanuck
05-09-2009, 11:52 PM
That would really suck. I was iffy on Torchwood when I first started watching it...but then I got into the whole Doctor Who universe and thought it might not be that bad. It wasn't. Very well written...great action. It had that CSI meets X-Files feel. Well in any event...I'm looking forward to this season. And I'm sure Jack will be back with the Doctor at some point.

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:14 AM

I'm a huge fan of the new series (I know I'm in the minority, but I think Eccleston is the BEST!!! I usually don't go for boys dressed up like UBoat Commanders but... sigh...).

xoxo,
~leesa

jaycanuck
05-14-2009, 04:19 AM

I'm a huge fan of the new series (I know I'm in the minority, but I think Eccleston is the BEST!!! I usually don't go for boys dressed up like UBoat Commanders but... sigh...).

xoxo,
~leesa

Eccleston was good. I liked his Doctor. He's going to be in the new GIJOE movie as Destro.

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:20 AM

I love Donna (raspberries to you... hehe)...

It seems to me that the problem here is your handling feces while watching TV. Bad impulses may ensue (WHOever Sue is).

xo,
~leesa

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:22 AM

I think it he should be "accidentally" reborn in a sexy babe's body. I know the boys in here would appreciate that!

xo,
~leesa

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:24 AM
Sweet jebus this looks good!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQioa-AI6gU

Not to be contrary.. but it wasn't my fave rave... in fact it was pretty sleepy.

xo,
~leesa

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:26 AM
i wanna be the doctor :)

I am the Doctor... sssshhh... don't tell anyone.

xo,
Doctor leesa (You couldn't pronounce my real name)...

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:30 AM
I agree I will miss David T. a bunch loved his stint at the Doctor.

Havent gotten the new shows yet here in the states after the last Christmas speciall though so i am interested to see how everything is going.

Maybe I can get them off of one of the torrents.

There is a sweet gal on demonoid and mininova named madmartha who posts them all, literally, a few hours after they've been shown on Brit TV. She does a very nice job.

Look her up...

xo,
~leesa

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Ash..you should be the next companion. :)

As for Doctor who...you aren't missing a lot. There's only 4 mini movies out and there's only been one (the easter one) since the Christmas special. PM me if you want the episode.

As for Torchwood, they're kinda doing the same thing. Only 5 episodes this season. I think their numbers aren't as strong as the Doctors. I hope it makes it to the next season...I like that show.

Hey Jay:

I kinda like TW... but too many of the eps seem so much like a concept looking for an actual story (the circus one especially). Sometimes it seems more mood than substance. Not that I have a problem with mood... but... eh... It's not David Lynch.

And I liked Jack better in the first season and in Doctor Who. He is just so gay now. Watch him run... kinda like a 12 year old little girl (no offense to 12 year old little girls or boys that run like one... just Jack). He doesn't seem like a leader any more.

I kept think that when Owen died and came back and was in the Nuke chamber in the last episode... that they were gonna make him into Dr. Manhattan (I read the comic... haven't seen the movie yet).

Annnnd... I'm really getting tired of writers et al killing off characters... It's too Josh... and Josh got it from comic books. And in the first week of any High School Creative Writing class, any teacher will tell you it's a cheap way of eliciting an emotional response... I tend to agree.

This ranting diatribe was brought to you by... me...

xoxo,
~leesa

leesa
05-14-2009, 04:53 AM
I got my brother into the show during his visit this week. Want to hook a fan show the episode Blink ( 3rd season )

Jayboy:

One of THE best eps. Really cool... and scary too (Bwah ha ha haaaaaaaaa).

I have one more thing to say (Sheeesh, will this mouthy grrl ever shut-the-fug-up???)

No, I won't... well, maybe... but you interrupted me and I need to say this! (Slaps herself silly... and then stands indignantly waiting...)

Fine, just stand there... so... anyway... I digress...

I really wanted the next companion to be the old guy that got everything wrong about Earth (from the Christmas episode). He was so sweet and curious and I think he personified the whole Doctor Who heartfelt awestruck curiosity and abandon about the Cosmos (be still, Carl.... You'll get a royalty. Oh wait... you're dead... so that's pretty still... but certainly not in my heart, sir).

I know... call me crazy (You're fuggin' crazy)... Not you. Who cares what you think. Nobody, that's who (raspberries<)... but I don't think it always has to be a chick companion.

So... just my two cents... (From the both of us... me & me).

francisfkudrow
05-14-2009, 05:27 AM
Additionally, in wonderful news, I hear that Eve Myles is expecting, so congratulations Eve from all of us!!! :-)

Just between you guys and me, I'm the father...

eclipsemint
05-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Big fan of Doctor Who from the beginning, and now my daughter is a fan so I get to enjoy the new series as quality time with her.

My favourite episode - Sixth episode of fourth series, the one with the Doctor's daughter. Still waiting for a spin-off series about her.

Trivia - did you know?
The actor who plays Jenny, the Doctor's daughter, is Georgina Moffett. In real life she is the daughter of actor Peter Davison, who played the fifth Doctor!!

Oh, yes, and lot's of running!

http://www.iconocast.com/00034/H9/News9A_2.jpg (alt+p)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/images/fifthdoctor.jpg (alt+p)
[/img]

leesa
05-15-2009, 01:45 AM
Additionally, in wonderful news, I hear that Eve Myles is expecting, so congratulations Eve from all of us!!! :-)

... the son, and the Holy Ghost, I presume? Sheeesh... talk about yer hubris (giggle).

~leesa

jaycanuck
05-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Trivia - did you know?
The actor who plays Jenny, the Doctor's daughter, is Georgina Moffett. In real life she is the daughter of actor Peter Davison, who played the fifth Doctor!!

Additionally David Tennant is getting it on with her.

francisfkudrow
05-15-2009, 01:58 AM

... the son, and the Holy Ghost, I presume? Sheeesh... talk about yer hubris (giggle).

~leesa

Ah, I'm just kidding... It's something we do at work... Every time some hot celebrity gets pregnant, we guys claim to be the father.

conan007
05-15-2009, 07:46 AM
before Children of Earth airs
Radio 4 will have 3 Audio Torchwood adventures
3which will link the last series and a previous radio episode
to Children of Earth

Three 45 minute episodes with the TV cast

jaycanuck
05-28-2009, 04:18 AM
haha. "My TARDIS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy_b6tdTnno

leesa
05-29-2009, 01:11 AM
haha. "My TARDIS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy_b6tdTnno

So cool! Thanx boyo!

xoxo,
~leesa

jaycanuck
05-29-2009, 01:15 AM
As well, The Doctor is coming back earlier than November in a guest appearance on The Sarah Jane Chronicles. I hear it's more for kids...but could be good.

leesa
05-29-2009, 08:36 PM
As well, The Doctor is coming back earlier than November in a guest appearance on The Sarah Jane Chronicles. I hear it's more for kids...but could be good.

Oh hon, do yourself a favor and watch the two seasons (you can D/L them at Demonoid). Yes, it is for kids, but it has the same Progressive warmth that the Doctor always has.

And it has Sarah.

~leesa

skidog1
05-30-2009, 05:36 AM

Oh hon, do yourself a favor and watch the two seasons (you can D/L them at Demonoid). Yes, it is for kids, but it has the same Progressive warmth that the Doctor always has.

And it has Sarah.

~leesaLeesa, I couldn't agree with you more! Sarah was my "first", with the Doctor at least, and she's still the best! and if that's you in the avatar, you are incredibly hot!!!!!!

leesa
05-30-2009, 06:34 AM
[/quote]Leesa, I couldn't agree with you more! Sarah was my "first", with the Doctor at least, and she's still the best! and if that's you in the avatar, you are incredibly hot!!!!!![/quote]

Aw shucks... thanx... giggle

~leesa

conan007
05-30-2009, 09:53 AM

He'll be in two episodes in a full guest starring role
well worth seeing the first two seasons

Also theres to be another animated Doctor Who episode
with David Tennent Georgia Moffat and David Warner
in 7 mini 6 minute episodes
To be available on the BBCs red button service and CBBC

plus theres a secret 3rd project which could be a mini episode for Children in Need?

conan007
05-30-2009, 10:20 AM
also the new companion has been anounced,
Karen Gillan 21 year old scottish actress

details here, and check out the site

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEkuFVAAApEyQIHNbKI

jaycanuck
05-30-2009, 01:11 PM
also the new companion has been anounced,
Karen Gillan 21 year old scottish actress

details here, and check out the site

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEkuFVAAApEyQIHNbKI

Yah saw that. Good choice. I think they'd look good on screen together. She was in the Pompeii episode last season.

rockabilly
06-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Is there any word on the new Who film? There is a script being worked on , but will the movie focus on the last time war and Gallifreys destruction and show the 8th doctor regenerate into the 9th? Or perhaps we might see the 10th doctors adventures w/ River Song, although i think Rivers story would best be told in novels. Any word when the 11th doctor will appear? I'll miss Tennant :( His doctor was brilliant.

jaycanuck
06-01-2009, 06:34 PM
The movie is definitely in it's infancy. Word is that we may not see it for years. The tricky bit is making the character accessible to the general public as well as fans.

The Time War could be interesting as they would have to bring back Paul McGaan for that. I doubt that'd happen.. and from what my friend and I were talking about Eccelston's transformation happened in his first episode...supposedly on top of the roof. I kinda think it happened in the Time War...but oh well...in any event that movie would require McGaan.

An Origin story wouldn't work either as the original Dr. was rather reserved in nature.....unless he got that way as he aged (he was around 870 in the first episode). He did rebel and steal the TARDIS from the Time Lords....so we could see a "prequel" sort of story. That actually would be pretty cool. I don't know what age he stole the TARDIS at...but if it he was "30" in Time Lord years...that could be a really cool intro. Could even explain how it gets stuck in the blue box form when he visits the 50s. Time Lord rebel without a cause.

And Matt Smith starts next year. David finishes off around New Years...and yes I agree, Tennant leaving sucks.

rockabilly
06-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Yes but will he regenerate in the Christmas episode or during the next series first episode. I hope that they show it and not just show the TARDIS matterialize and out pops Matt Smith. I would like some closure for the 10th Doctor ... and a moment of silence.

conan007
06-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Yes but will he regenerate in the Christmas episode or during the next series first episode. I hope that they show it and not just show the TARDIS matterialize and out pops Matt Smith. I would like some closure for the 10th Doctor ... and a moment of silence.

He'll Regenerate at the end of the new year episode.
With the new series on late march or early april

jaycanuck
06-01-2009, 10:42 PM

He'll Regenerate at the end of the new year episode.
With the new series on late march or early april

Yah I think Matt will be on that final episode for a second. I'm glad they added another episode sort of...The Sarah Jane Chronicles.

conan007
06-02-2009, 02:44 AM
Yah I think Matt will be on that final episode for a second. I'm glad they added another episode sort of...The Sarah Jane Chronicles.

The regenerating will happen at the end of DTs last episode thats for sure
but how much we see and hear from matt at the end can vary
going on past regenerations

past examples

Troughton is only seen for a second or so without speaking at the end of Tenth Planet

At the end of the War Games theres no Regeneration sequence and we dont see Pertwee till his first episode

End of Planet of the Spiders we just see Tom very briefly

end of Logopolis Davison smiles,

End of Caves of Androzani Colin Baker gets a full short scene after the regeneration

begining of Time and the Rani, McCoy fills in for Colin as he wouldnt do the scene after they'd effectively had sacked him.

MoCoy gets the first 8 minutes or more of the TV movie before he regenerates into McGann

no regeneration at the start of season 1 of the new series

And DT did get a few words at the end of parting of the ways
i think Matt will speak at the end of Tennents last episode
But maybe Steven Moffat wont want Matt to speak much.
i supose they could stop it as the Doctors Regenerating
though i doubt that, and hope that isnt so.

leesa
06-02-2009, 07:45 PM
It's fun chatting with you boys about "NorBal" stuff. I mean, where else can you find T-Grrl horndogs and T-Grrls who are into the Doctor?

Actually I'd rather the Doctor was into me... giggle. 'Cept, I might hurt him... I'm 6'4 and I think he's pretty teeny tiny.

~leesa

rockabilly
06-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Well i'm sure that Captain Jack Harkness could handle you if the Doctor was busy. :)

jaycanuck
06-02-2009, 09:13 PM
http://adamsmith.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/matt_smith_doctor__1215943c.jpg

I think he'll make a good replacement. I haven't seen any of his work...but he's got the lanky geek look that the Doctor should have.

On another note...should any of you be getting too deep into Doctor who fandom, remember this video. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s95Mm0cFqg

leesa
06-03-2009, 05:34 AM
Well i'm sure that Captain Jack Harkness could handle you if the Doctor was busy. :)

He's just a taste too femme for me...

And I certainly may be a ho sometimes... but that fella makes me look like a Buddhist Monk... I just need to get the cool robes.

xo,
~leesa

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Hey Leesa, Who's your fave Doctor? :)

leesa
06-03-2009, 06:23 AM
http://adamsmith.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/matt_smith_doctor__1215943c.jpg

I think he'll make a good replacement. I haven't seen any of his work...but he's got the lanky geek look that the Doctor should have.

Hey jaycanuck & rockabilly

I dunno... I like Tennant a lot... But I LOVED Eccleston! And it seems they're going for Tennant Lite to me.

I was hoping for something a bit different... like maybe a girl... hehe. But... I loved the old guy who got everything wrong (in the Christmas episode). I wanted him to be the new Companion.

xoxo,
~leesa

leesa
06-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Oops...

Kareninfife
06-03-2009, 08:57 AM

His real name is David McDonald and his father was a Church of Scotland Minister who preached in Ralston Old Church in Paisley - about 7 miles west of Glasgow.
He was educated at Camphill High School, Paisley.
He took the stage name "Tennant" from a can of Tennent's Lager Beer as the name David McDonald had already been used on stage.

conan007
06-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I was hoping for something a bit different... like maybe a girl... hehe. But... I loved the old guy who got everything wrong (in the Christmas episode). I wanted him to be the new Companion.

xoxo,
~leesa

Oops...

something a bit different, a girl, well i'd vote for you as the next next Doctor lessa

jaycanuck
06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
Actually there was a rumor that Robert Carlyle was interested. I would have liked to have seen him.

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/galleries/showbiz/eragonprem/carlylePA_250x350.jpg

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 04:26 PM
I heard lots of names made the rounds.
1. Eddie Izzard
2. James Nesbitt
3. Sean Pertwee ( Son of the 3rd Doctor )
4. Jason Statham
5. Rowan Atkinson
and i forget his name but he played as Dr. Moon in the Silence in the Library episode , he would have been the first black Doctor.But Matt Smith impressed them w/ his new take on the Doctor. So who knows ... Tom Baker was my first Doctor but David Tennant has become my favorite . Monto Bene` :)

jaycanuck
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
I heard lots of names made the rounds.
1. Eddie Izzard
2. James Nesbitt
3. Sean Pertwee ( Son of the 3rd Doctor )
4. Jason Statham
5. Rowan Atkinson
and i forget his name but he played as Dr. Moon in the Silence in the Library episode , he would have been the first black Doctor.But Matt Smith impressed them w/ his new take on the Doctor. So who knows ... Tom Baker was my first Doctor but David Tennant has become my favorite . Monto Bene` :)

Baker was the one I started watching...I think he eeks out Tennant as my favorite. Rumor is he's being pegged for a guest appearance. I hope.

rockabilly
06-03-2009, 04:47 PM
I hope they bring in more Timelords and Ladies. Joan Collins had expressed interest in playing The Rani even if to only reintroduce her then regenerate i mean who was the lady who picked up the Masters ring? And bring back the meddling monk ... i would cast Nick Frost or Simon Pegg. And last but not least Romanna, one time companion and President c'mon she had to survive in some way.

jaycanuck
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I hope they bring in more Timelords and Ladies. Joan Collins had expressed interest in playing The Rani even if to only reintroduce her then regenerate i mean who was the lady who picked up the Masters ring? And bring back the meddling monk ... i would cast Nick Frost or Simon Pegg. And last but not least Romanna, one time companion and President c'mon she had to survive in some way.

I read about that picking up the ring. I thought "I didn't see that part". I looked and looked...seems as though the download I got didn't have it. In any event I think Russel Davies said he threw that in for further development for the next crew. I think he indicated he didn't have any intention that it was Rani...but it's probably a door for the Master to come back ( his essence is in the ring )

Nicola
06-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Did you see the news about the new Assistant Karen Gillan

She has been in a previous episode, I think the fires of pompeii

jaycanuck
06-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Yah I saw that. Probably a different character.

rockabilly
06-06-2009, 05:00 PM
They do that alot, remember the episode where the 9th Doctor and Rose met Charles Dickens. The servant girl was played by Eve Myles who now plays on Torchwood, the maid was her distant ancestor. Lots of actors take on multiple roles in the whoniverse.

jaycanuck
06-06-2009, 10:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPbZCC_dLNo

Donat
06-07-2009, 02:09 AM
Big Doctor Who fan here!

conan007
06-09-2009, 09:00 AM

got one of those :D

eclipsemint
06-09-2009, 09:13 AM
It's much bigger inside than it looks from the outside...you can actually fit a six-pack in there!

leesa
06-09-2009, 09:55 PM

That is so way-cool! But it probably wont fit a big bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale... My personal fave!

Did you see this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfBasnil9g

jaycanuck
06-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Good to see there are fans here. So it's a solid fact Timothy Dalton will be in the final 2 Tennant episodes. Should you be interested in seeing who else is in it (and possibly a major story plot) click the image link below.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2009/06/three_time_lords.jpg

conan007
06-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Good to see there are fans here. So it's a solid fact Timothy Dalton will be in the final 2 Tennant episodes. Should you be interested in seeing who else is in it (and possibly a major story plot) click the image link below.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2009/06/three_time_lords.jpg

thats a very big spoiler
and could confirm a rumour i've heard

rockabilly
06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
Ooh what rumor is that? The Masters return or another timelord returning?

jaycanuck
06-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I wonder if Russel Davies is going to blow his load on the Time War story.

rockabilly
06-21-2009, 12:56 AM
Well it is a sticky part of the mythology ... and a gaping plot hole. lol

jaycanuck
06-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Yah. They'd have to ask McGaan back. lol

Actually after I typed that I found this. http://www.kasterborous.com/news.asp?ac=11&id=1782

So this could be flashback stuff.

conan007
07-10-2009, 12:28 AM
so who's watching Torchwood Children of Earth?

its back and its better than ever

rockabilly
07-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Not here in the states , but i cant wait until it starts. I think Capt. Jacks daughter makes an appearance.

jaycanuck
07-10-2009, 01:56 AM
I'm in the process of "getting it" now. :wink:

rockabilly
07-10-2009, 01:57 AM
You cheeky outlaw :)

matrixdave
07-10-2009, 02:19 AM
IT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE THE TIME WAR. ALSO I SAW NEW TORCHWOOD AND IT WAS AWESOME.

rockabilly
07-10-2009, 02:23 AM
Ok if Gallifrey is timelocked then that means nobody can reach it ( except Dalek Caan ) then does Gallifrey exist outside of normal space time or does it ... oh no my eyes have crossed! Stupid time travel rules.

jaycanuck
07-10-2009, 03:00 AM
I would assume "time lock" is just an encrypted point in time and space. Basically meaning the time lords said "no matter what happens, no one can come back to change this." insurance against the Daleks.

The time war will come up....too big of a story to be left alone. Question is...does McGann come back? I liked him as the Doctor....just a bad story behind it. I have been seeing a lot of rumor stories that he was set to film in 2009....who knows. I'm thinking it'll be a lot of flashback stuff.

I'm just trying to figure out how Timothy Dalton works into the final 2. Flashback or present day story?

jaycanuck
07-10-2009, 03:18 AM
Now this is cool! All 11 doctors in one 15 minut show.

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/television/doctor-whos-eleven.html

conan007
07-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Now this is cool! All 11 doctors in one 15 minut show.

http://www.myparkmag.co.uk/articles/television/doctor-whos-eleven.html

i find that story very hard to believe
great if they make it but i cant see it
though then again i expect something to be made for the BBCs
Children in Need just probaly not that

i dont see the timewar being ever done

and enjoy Torchwood everyone whenever you see it

jaycanuck
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
though then again i expect something to be made for the BBCs Children in Need just probaly not that

Oh yah. Should have mentioned that. It is.

leesa
07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Okee you boys...

If any of you are into Dr Who/Torchwood and all the other cool "Who" stuff...

Sign-up with mininova and there is a gal from across the pond named Mad_Martha who posts all of the episodes in great quality the night they run in England.

If you have a cool DVD player that plays Data Files, you can watch 'em on your TV.

This is here post list at Mininova:

http://www.mininova.org/user/Mad_Martha

Here's the latest Torchwood post:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2749745

xoxo,
~leesa

jaycanuck
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Or Piratebay. :)

conan007
07-11-2009, 01:37 AM
isohunt

and many others

course over here if you miss an episode
theres always iplayer

anyway when ever you get to see Torchwood
the 5 episodes this week
are the best ever
and i wont say much more until people here
have seen them

jaycanuck
07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Just seen them. After these 5 episodes I really hope they renew next season.

Quiet Reflections
07-11-2009, 06:32 PM
do you guys think David Tennant would make a good Riddler in Batman. if he got offered the role

jaycanuck
07-11-2009, 07:38 PM
do you guys think David Tennant would make a good Riddler in Batman. if he got offered the role

Interesting. I'm not sure he'd do the role though. He seemed keen on returning to Shakespeare material...perhaps wanting to get away from sci-fi / fantasy stuff.

rockabilly
07-11-2009, 07:57 PM
He did say that he would enjoy the chance to be the Riddler. However i think his ability to play manic and cruel personas would make him a better Mad Hatter imo.

conan007
07-11-2009, 11:59 PM

i cant see it coming back really
but its not impossible

jaycanuck
07-12-2009, 12:04 AM

i cant see it coming back really
but its not impossible

Yah...when I made that quote I was on the beginning of the 5th one...then I saw the ending. Still could happen though. But what with everything that went down...I can see them ending it. Perhaps this was the BBC wrapping things up as they knew it wasn't going to last.

leesa
07-14-2009, 05:42 AM
Or Piratebay. :)

My fave is Demonoid. It's a really nice community. And Mad_Martha is there too!

leesa
07-14-2009, 05:46 AM
(SPOILER!!!)

Except everyone is dead.

I enjoyed 'em. Watched all 5 on Sunday. I REALLY enjoyed a lot of the dialogue and the very Progressive political leanings... but I'm not so sure about some of the story arc logic. Seemed a little skewed to me.

jaycanuck
07-14-2009, 05:48 AM
I think with the new doctor in, they probably want to free Jack up.

Suckerpunch
07-14-2009, 12:00 PM
8) My one concern is with Matt Smith being cast as the Doctor is he is meant to be approx 900 years old & casting an actor so young its going to be interesting & I can't help thinking this is a way of getting around the 12 re-generations & 13 lives as the new series takes convenient bits out of the classic series when it wishes. As we will be onto the 11th Doctor in 2010 so going with that 2 more actors can play the part based on that theory.

He has pretty big shoes to fill from David Tennant probably on par with Peter Davison taking over from Tom Baker in 1981 based on how popular he is, best of luck to him.

eclipsemint
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
From wikia entertainment:
"In case you aren't a Doctor Who fan, a bit of background is in order.

The Doctor is a Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, a member of a race who can live a very very very long time by the process of regeneration when their body is at the point of death.

They aren't immortals, though, since they can only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 long lives. During regeneration every cell in a Time Lord's body is replaced, but memories (and perhaps their whole brain) remains intact. The regenerated body has a completely different appearance and personality. But how different can different be?"

jaycanuck
07-14-2009, 04:11 PM
They aren't immortals, though, since they can only regenerate 12 times, giving them a total of 13 long lives.

They'll find a way to go past 13. In the Sound of Drums episode The master indicates that he had been revived by the Time Lords to fight the Time War. So I would assume he has another 13 regenerations. Mind you...no more Time Lord high council....... yet.

matrixdave
07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I REMEMBER THE DOCTOR SAYING MANY TIMES HES MORE THAN JUST A TIMELORD SO MAYBE HE CAN REGENERATE MORE. IT ALL DEPENDS HOW THEY WANT TO KEEP THE SHOW GOING AFTER THE NEW ONE GETS DONE AND WANTS TO MOVE ON. AND REMEMBER DONT BLINK OR THOSE ANGEL STATURES WILL GET YOU. :D

rockabilly
07-14-2009, 10:31 PM
If i remember correctly , The Valeyard ( alternate final and evil regeneration of the Doctor ) wanted to steal the regenerations of the 6th Doctor to continue past his last life. Theres a chance that the 10th clone may become the Valeyard ... slim chance but still.

jaycanuck
07-15-2009, 12:46 AM
If i remember correctly , The Valeyard ( alternate final and evil regeneration of the Doctor ) wanted to steal the regenerations of the 6th Doctor to continue past his last life. Theres a chance that the 10th clone may become the Valeyard ... slim chance but still.

Chances are that clone won't be touched for some time. I'm thinking it'll be like...20 years when everyone is saying "remember Tennant, we should bring him back" and that's the key.

Kinda like Tom Baker and Paul McGann. Rumors are flying around about them.

rockabilly
07-15-2009, 12:56 AM
And "Petes" world is closed off for now. I wonder when they will bring Jenny back onto the show?

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Ok for those who have yet to see the new Doctor ... here you go ... and the new retro TARDIS. Bigger and Boxier.

jaycanuck
07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
I like the look. The show they're filming has River Song in it. Might find out his actual name. Probably not.

Like the TARDIS too. Very Hartnell looking. Supposedly the inside has changed too.

rockabilly
07-24-2009, 08:49 PM
It has ... no pics yet but it is said to be very retro and classic. Which led to speculation that Matt is not the 11th Doctor but a very young 1st Doctor running away from Gallifrey. But if Tennant is shown regenerating into Smith then so much for that theory. I cant wait for the new series ... but i do hope he changes clothes.

Harrys Boy
07-25-2009, 12:48 AM
I don't like all this young doctor business, it's only because the writers can't come up with a feasible reason why a middle age man travels with young girls..

jaycanuck
07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
I don't like all this young doctor business, it's only because the writers can't come up with a feasible reason why a middle age man travels with young girls..

I thought Robert Carlyle would have been an awesome choice. No go though.

Harrys Boy
07-25-2009, 01:44 AM
So many amazing actors to choose from but for some reason they are happy throwing somebody completely untested at us, i'm not happy with the way these series are developing, its getting to childish and carried away by its own sense of humor and gravitas..

rockabilly
07-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Robert Carlyle is on the new Stargate. Patterson Joseph was also considerred

jaycanuck
07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
So many amazing actors to choose from but for some reason they are happy throwing somebody completely untested at us, i'm not happy with the way these series are developing, its getting to childish and carried away by its own sense of humor and gravitas..

Perhaps the preppy look and old-school TARDIS's are attempts to bring it back down to earth. Moffet did write (albeit based on a short story) Blink..which IMO is probably one of the better episodes of the new DW. So there's hope with him helming it.

jaycanuck
07-26-2009, 05:27 AM
Some words from Mr. Tennant himself at the Comic Con...

http://io9.com/5322961/david-tennant-tells-us-why-his-doctors-so-sorry-and-whats-to-come

I'm thinking that last episode's going to be a real tear jerker.

jaycanuck
07-28-2009, 04:35 AM
2 new trailers :

new Water of Mars trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClNAiVhcIMA

A shaky-cam version of the last Tennant show trailer, End of Time :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcQcaucYOc0

And the Cast and crew at comic con answering questions : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YkN-OqlGJg

rockabilly
07-28-2009, 05:17 AM
Thanks Jay .

conan007
07-28-2009, 10:30 AM
They may be talking about series 4 of Torchwood
I dont know how true that is, this is just from someones post on another forum.

rockabilly
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Well remember Torchwood London was decimated at the battle of Canary Wharf , and Jacks team was Torchwood Cardiff ... so a new team ... Torchwood Scottland cant be ruled out.

conan007
07-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Well remember Torchwood London was decimated at the battle of Canary Wharf , and Jacks team was Torchwood Cardiff ... so a new team ... Torchwood Scottland cant be ruled out.

maybe, except they film in Cardiff, I dont see them moving the team up to Scotland

and thanks for the links Jay

jaycanuck
07-28-2009, 01:15 PM
Here's the Torchwood panel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEKH3tKipM

And here's the David Tennant and RTD one. Not as great, quality-wise. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK44RCF9tFM

rockabilly
07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
[quote=rockabilly]Well remember Torchwood London was decimated at the battle of Canary Wharf , and Jacks team was Torchwood Cardiff ... so a new team ... Torchwood Scottland cant be ruled out.

maybe, except they film in Cardiff, I dont see them moving the team up to Scotland

Well not move them there but return to the original Torchwood estate that the Doctor and Rose visited and introduce new members that will join a new Cardiff team possibly w/ Martha Jones and Mickey Smith.

jaycanuck
10-06-2009, 02:54 AM
I know it's coming up...but looks like Tennant gets a nasty ending.
http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/09/41/550w_whopaps_s05e01-4.jpg

and I'd like to TARDIS the new companion..

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/09/41/550w_whopaps_s05e01-1.jpg

rockabilly
10-06-2009, 03:36 AM
She is a hottie :D , Odds are the Master kills the Doctor in the last Tennant episode. Is Timothy Dalton the new Master? And will Gillian Anderson become the Rani?

jaycanuck
10-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Nah.. Dalton is Council Time Lord type thingy I think. The doctor hasn't had great luck living when the Master's around.

rockabilly
10-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Tennant did say his Doctor dies. Could this be a post mortem regeneration? Happened once before ... and John Simm is in the last episode as well.

leesa
10-09-2009, 09:24 PM
something a bit different, a girl, well i'd vote for you as the next next Doctor leesa

Wow... I wanna be Doctor Who. I wanna just cruise around the Cosmos saving people from horrible stuff like Ignorance, and Stupid, and Hatred...

Where do I audition???

Do I get to make it with David? I'd rather get friendly with Eccleston... He's seriously yummy!

jaycanuck
10-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Damn sonic screwdrivers. They don't make them like they used to.

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2009/Oct/Week2/15402314.jpg

rockabilly
10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
He had it set on sparkler mode. :lol:

rockabilly
10-10-2009, 04:01 AM
Chicks dig DALEKS.
S-EXTERMINATE! ;)

matrixdave
10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
just saw the new 2010 doctor who logo at bbc. doctorwho site it looks pretty cool.

jaycanuck
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
just saw the new 2010 doctor who logo at bbc. doctorwho site it looks pretty cool.

yup. I like it. It has a classic feel to it..which makes sense because of the new producer/head writer Steve Moffat. He's a self proclaimed nut about classic Doctor Who. He also wrote Blink which is my favorite episode. Bringing back some classic elements could be very good.

rockabilly
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
post a link or pic , would you kindly.

jaycanuck
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/medialibrary/images/misc/logos/new_logo_512.jpg

rockabilly
10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
That is sweet. :D

leesa
10-14-2009, 01:03 AM
He had it set on sparkler mode. :lol:

It's always more fun to diddle myself when it's in that mode.

rockabilly
10-14-2009, 01:09 AM
Well hi diddle who . lol
Need a hand?

matrixdave
10-17-2009, 08:19 PM
NEW TARDIS PICS. TARDIS ON ITS BACK? WONDER WHAT HAPPENS.

matrixdave
10-17-2009, 08:20 PM
HERES ANOTHER TARDIS PIC. FOUND AT http://io9.com/5382949/find-out-how-the-new-futurama-begins-meet-losts-final-castaways-plus-shocking-tardis-pics

jaycanuck
10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Yah saw those photos. Supposedly they're from the 1st episode of next season. The TARDIS take a major beating in the last Tennant show. It explains the the refurbished "new" TARDIS to come.

http://johnniecraig.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/matt-tardis.jpg

matrixdave
10-17-2009, 10:57 PM
COOL JAY IM GLAD YOU SAW THEM. I CANT IMAGINE WHAT WILL HAPPEN EVEN TO THE TARDIS. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING LET ME KNOW.

steveroyscot
10-17-2009, 11:09 PM
The girl from the channel four show is lovely, if nobbely kneed. Doc is still too young though. Still sexy lad irregardless.

rockabilly
10-17-2009, 11:19 PM
It would have been interesting if Bill Nighy had become the Doctor.

jaycanuck
10-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Hey Dave...I don't know how it happens...but from what I hear David Tennant's Doctor gets a nasty end (torn and ripped blue suit in Smith's filming). The rumor I hear is that there's a nasty explosion inside the tardis....essentially creating a gaping hole that the doctor climbs out of in season 5. As to how all this goes down....nothing on that. That's in the can I think..filming's done...so you won't here much on that. Just have to wait until Christmas.

rockabilly
10-18-2009, 12:54 AM
No telling what traps the Master hid in the TARDIS when he stole it.

jaycanuck
10-18-2009, 12:56 AM
No telling what traps the Master hid in the TARDIS when he stole it.

Oh yah. Never thought of that.

rockabilly
10-18-2009, 01:05 AM
the Master had plenty of time w/ the TARDIS , even taking a companion of his own. Who knows how long he had the TARDIS and what trouble he caused during that time. VOTE SAXON.

matrixdave
10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
THANKS JAY. IT MUST BEE SOMETHING MAJOR. POOR TARDIS SHE HAS BEEN THRU EVERYTHING. FROM DALEKS TO CYBERMEN FROM 1960 TO 2009.2010.AND GOING MISS TENNANT BEST DOCTOR!!!

archineer
10-18-2009, 04:30 PM

yup. I like it. It has a classic feel to it..which makes sense because of the new producer/head writer Steve Moffat. He's a self proclaimed nut about classic Doctor Who. He also wrote Blink which is my favorite episode. Bringing back some classic elements could be very good.

Lets hope he returns the theme music to its former glory.

I wish they'd move to virtual sets, at least for alien planets too.

jaycanuck
10-18-2009, 05:18 PM

haha. Getting tired of the quarries? Yah...they could do so much more these days.

archineer
10-18-2009, 05:25 PM

haha. Getting tired of the quarries? Yah...they could do so much more these days.

Just a bit lol. I mean they manage 75%+ virtual sets on sanctuary.

jaycanuck
11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Anyone see Waters of Mars? Crazy stuff. Timelord Victorious indeed.

rockabilly
11-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Doesn't come on here untill Dec. 19th. A friend of mine heard a rumor that Maggie could be the Rani. :shrug:

jaycanuck
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
You could download the torrent.

rockabilly
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
"Spoilers"

timxxx
11-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Anyone see Waters of Mars? Crazy stuff. Timelord Victorious indeed.
Not a Dr Who fanboi but always watch it,the "Waters of Mars" was some corny shit.

jaycanuck
11-16-2009, 09:27 PM
"Spoilers"

Not spoilers if you watch it. It's already out.

rockabilly
11-16-2009, 09:36 PM
I was being clever , but i am curious how Tennants run ends.

jaycanuck
11-16-2009, 11:05 PM
I was being clever , but i am curious how Tennants run ends.

slips on a banana peel

rockabilly
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
He did have a love for bananas. lol

FREEFALLL666
11-17-2009, 02:56 PM
"Spoilers" :lol: :lol:

jaycanuck
11-17-2009, 11:07 PM
... looks off his rocker in the next episode. Plus there's the fact he's phasing in and out of this translucent sort of form.

http://www.verge.ca/master.jpg
http://www.verge.ca/skullmaster.jpg

rockabilly
11-17-2009, 11:12 PM
That looks cool and it's an improvement over his previous degenerated form.

jaycanuck
11-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Well if that is what's happening to him. Did the timelords only give him one regeneration for the war, or another 12? I think he was kinda going through this weird phase in the 96 movie too.

rockabilly
11-17-2009, 11:21 PM
I don't think they would have trusted him w/ a full set of regenerations. But how did he come back after dying then being cremated? Of course he could be a clone or the Master that was shown before was the clone.

matrixdave
11-20-2009, 02:22 AM
OH MY HELL AWESOME THE WATER OF MARS!!!!! " SOMETHING VAST IS STIRRING IN THE DARK" THE DARKNESS HOLDS ONLY ONE THING THE END OF TIME ITSELF!!!!

matrixdave
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
FOUND PICS OF INSIDE OF TARDIS

matrixdave
11-23-2009, 12:51 AM
INSIDE OF NEW TARDIS

rockabilly
11-23-2009, 12:53 AM
That's cool.

rockabilly
04-03-2010, 08:06 AM
It's new everything , New Doctor , new TARDIS , new logo and music and even a new Sonic Screwdriver.

They really want to move past the Davies era and create their own feel to the show.

Matt Smith is under contract for at least 2 series and Christmas specials.

jaycanuck
04-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I heard it was closer to 4-5 years. In any event I can't wait until I d/l this.

rockabilly
04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
He's also going to meet River Song again.

I hope they elaborate more on her and the 10th Doctor's time together.

He may be the youngest Doctor but in this pic he looks like an old soul.

poolster
04-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Oi, you! I didn't say you could go! Article 57 of the Shadow Proclamation. This is a fully established level five planet. And you were gonna burn it? Did you think nobody was watching? You lot. Back here. Now.

First episode wasn't bad.

jaycanuck
04-04-2010, 03:45 PM
1st episode was great! Surprised to see they kept the Shadow Proclamation. Nice tribute to the first 10

rockabilly
04-04-2010, 08:23 PM
The tenth Doctor disobeyed a direct order by the Shadow Proclamation and is now a wanted man.

Tiffany Anne
04-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Shadow Proclamation isn't a tribute to 10 anymore than the Tardis is a tribute to 1. It's part of the world setting.

Like the new time rotor:
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2457/rotor.gif (http://img69.imageshack.us/i/rotor.gif/)

conan007
09-09-2015, 01:11 AM
Thread needs revisiting. Going to see first two episodes of season 9 in Cardiff Thursday :)

conan007
09-12-2015, 11:55 PM
First two episodes were awesome. Episode one has a great cliff hanger that if the late Mary Waterhouse were still alive. She's be up in arms fuming about it. Episode two more than matches episode one. Very dark at times and good humour too.

francisfkudrow
09-16-2015, 05:08 AM
In news relevant to HA, it is said that a transgender actress will show up in an episode of the upcoming season. The 9th episode if I remember right.