PDA

View Full Version : Who owns a Zune?

Silcc69
12-31-2008, 03:42 AM
Bought an 80 GB a few weeks ago and I hate this software that you have to use wit it. It also makes no sense for this thing to not even be compatible with WMP.[/i]

NYCe
12-31-2008, 03:49 AM
Had one and hated it. Ended up giving it away. The software seemed designed by retarded monkeys.

DL_NL
12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey, it's from MS. What did you expect?

timxxx
12-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Maybe you can mod it, l modded my ipod to play flac files.I don't know if you can mod a Zune check http://www.rockbox.org/

altarica
12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
I have only thing to say on this.

IPOD!!!!!!!

jaycanuck
12-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Zune?? MS is still barking up that tree?

Faldur
12-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Why oh why would you buy MS when you could own Apple?

Beagle
12-31-2008, 05:07 PM
http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/19555/

Silcc69
12-31-2008, 05:12 PM
I like it and I would'nt mind buying an Apple product but they always seem to be interesting in charging much more for their produts.

jaycanuck
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
I like it and I would'nt mind buying an Apple product but they always seem to be interesting in charging much more for their produts.

Actually Zilcc....I just checked both prices for 120GB players and they're both the same price. Unfortunately for you Apple doesn't have an 80GB model. But for an extra $20 you're getting an extra 40GB....and a better player.

hwbs
12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
they do make great headphones that i now use on my ipod ,lol

peggygee
12-31-2008, 05:59 PM

Actually Zilcc....I just checked both prices for 120GB players and they're both the same price. Unfortunately for you Apple doesn't have an 80GB model. But for an extra $20 you're getting an extra 40GB....and a better player.

Though is has been discontinued, you may be able to find
new and refurbished Classic 80 gig Ipods.

http://80gigipod.com/

Silcc69
12-31-2008, 06:13 PM

Silcc not Zilcc anyways I got mine for 169.99.

whatislove
12-31-2008, 08:14 PM
apparently a lot (thousands) of these just stopped working... gotta love microsoft. :p

johnkalaoui
12-31-2008, 09:31 PM
My zune is working just fine and i own an old ipod.
they're both good.
just don't understand why MS gets so much hate, i never had a problem with my PC and my Zune. I use apple for my photoshop at work....they're all good!!!

Realgirls4me
01-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Why oh why would you buy MS when you could own Apple?

In general, we get what we pay for. ... It never ceases to amaze me how many (my family and close friends included) will make a conscience decision to own that nice home, a nice car, nice trendy clothes, nice expensive brand name shoes, nice expensive designer purses and bags, etc., and then have a Windows PC system as their computer. They wouldn't dare lower themselves to purchase or (gasp) be caught with knock-offs of any of the aforementioned items, and yet that's exactly what they do by going with a lower price, inferior Windows operating system encased in a Dell, Hewlett Packard, Sony, Acer, or other PC. WTF? I can see them going with a Windows based machine due to their jobs and such, but ??? ... Yeah, why buy a "toy", right?

Get the iPod. Yes, they are expensive, but it's far more user friendly, stable, and easier to program than a Zune, and it's spawned a flourishing cottage industry of accessories for it. Go with the winner and save yourself all the headaches.

dan_drade
01-01-2009, 12:10 AM
I am not a big fan of either the Zune or Ipod. You have to use the zune or itunes software for either of them to work and in my opinion is unreasonable. I do have an mp3 player that I use when I go to the gym and stuff, but I just plug it into a usb port and it is just like a memory stick. I can copy files from my pc, my friends pc or any pc or mac that has a usb port. It also has an FM radio in it so I can listen to the TV's at the gym. Its just easier and better.

There are workarounds, hacks and other things that you can do to an ipod or zune, but why hassle it. Just drag and drop with a jive ass mp3 player. :)

Realgirls4me
01-01-2009, 12:16 AM
I am not a big fan of either the Zune or Ipod. You have to use the zune or itunes software for either of them to work and in my opinion is unreasonable. I do have an mp3 player that I use when I go to the gym and stuff, but I just plug it into a usb port and it is just like a memory stick. I can copy files from my pc, my friends pc or any pc or mac that has a usb port. It also has an FM radio in it so I can listen to the TV's at the gym. Its just easier and better.

There are workarounds, hacks and other things that you can do to an ipod or zune, but why hassle it. Just drag and drop with a jive ass mp3 player. :)

This is sensible advice too. If you don't need or want all the bells and whistles a Zune or iPod offer, why buy one? Save yourself all the expense and purchase a simple inexpensive MP3 player.

bartholomeus
01-01-2009, 02:28 AM
in own a sansa e280 8gb with a slot for 2gb micro sd. Got it about 2 or 3 years ago and its working fine it works like the memore stick mentioned in the last post. It can play video, radio, mpr3s, pictures, and has a mic. I think they make one now that has a larger display. I'm not sure if they make any 40-80gb players but they are worth it and they last. I use that one for the gym, school, and anything else never had a problem. Works perfect on windows or linux as plug and play type thing and you can do the drag and drop of the files without having to use any software, but it is compatible with WMP.

Willie Escalade
01-02-2009, 06:34 AM
I have a 30 gb Creative ZEN Vision:M. No problems whatsoever...except I'm running out of room on it and I don't want to delete any files. Plus my particular model has been discontinued for a newer version...which I'll be buying later this year.

El Nino
01-02-2009, 07:01 AM
Get Sansas... you dont need any proprietary or third party software... Just plug in any computer, open my computer and simply drop and drag files. SANSA rules! Screw having to use Itunes or someshit

Shemale_luver_str8
01-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Ive had two Ipods and 1 zune, and I miss my zune. Yeah the software was retarded, and I bet u didnt know this, if you just download a song from zune marketplace but dont buy the album the song is only good for 7-14 days, or 3 plays, and if u recieve something in your inbox, you get 3-5 plays and then its locked. But i liked how the user interface was easy, and the cost. I would have to say I would trade my ipod for a zune.

Thatiger23
01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
personally ive tried both the zune and the ipod and i dont like either..but i dont see the reason to buy any type of mp3 player when most of the phones out now days can play music on them

Silcc69
01-02-2009, 03:29 PM
http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review/5547/creative-zen-x-fi-32gb-review

That is what I really wanted. My main beef with the Zune is that the software seems ot be retarded or something. Beyond the fact that you can't simply drag and drop is a big turnoff. But even when i have an album and put it in the Zune folder it somehow get's jumbled up all over the place in my Zune folder which is annoying as hell.

Hendrix
01-02-2009, 03:58 PM
Zune sucks! End of story...LOL.

dinkinabutt
01-02-2009, 05:45 PM
I still own one of the first generation iPods (60GB) and it's a big, fat, cumbersome old thing...but it always works! To me, that's more important than all the toys that come with the new ones.

From what I understand, the Zune has been having some universal glitches in recent days. Hopefully, none of you have been made to suffer.

rawrr
01-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeh but this glitch only happened on the older models which aren't produced anymore and it was due to a firmwire update. I currently own an 80GB Ipod which I've nearly filled up seeing as the Zune isn't sold over here in the UK.