PDA

View Full Version : Gamers.?.?.?.?

ef9hatchman
12-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Im a Counter Strike whore.<PC
Rarely play my xbox but when I do Whooo wee Im on it.
Forza or Battlefront 2 :D
Thread made For those who play online/Game consoles etc.
From NES to PS3 post what you like :D

hondarobot
12-18-2008, 06:15 AM
Nobody plays FPS anymore. The cool game is golf.

8)

ef9hatchman
12-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Nobody plays FPS anymore. The cool game is golf.

8)
Bah...Honda EF b16turbo, :D horrid on gas lol. So my gsxr get used when no rain.

Other than That I found a NES with 3 games and 2 controllers for 40 bucks on Ebay Still dont play it as much But I still Love it Castevania ftw :-p

kukm4
12-18-2008, 06:30 AM
Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory
G!x, |fun| or F_A servers

hondarobot
12-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Castlevania, that game sucked!

:lol:

You just hate golf because you don't know the cool golf game all the cool people are playing.

8)

unctrld1
12-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - PS3

Just trying to make it through on realistic difficulty. Best FPS for strategy!!!

nosurrender69
12-18-2008, 06:45 AM
FALLOUT 3 on my PC is da BOMMMMBBBB Diggity I also have ps3 and x360 too....wooooo hooo all my bases are covered and what you ask am I horny for next---

DRagon Age :Origins for PC ---it will the greatest game ever me thinks!

hondarobot
12-18-2008, 06:55 AM
"Fallout 3" is not a Fallout game, it's a Bethesda birthed retarded third child with a bad cough. It's worse than Fallout: Tactics.

I still refuse to buy it, just based on what I've heard so far.

Legend
12-18-2008, 07:16 AM
"Fallout 3" is not a Fallout game, it's a Bethesda birthed retarded third child with a bad cough. It's worse than Fallout: Tactics.

Official Xbox Magazine 100

1UP 100

EuroGamer 100

GamePro 100

G4 TV 100

AceGamez 100

IGN 96

GameTrailers 94

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fallout3?q=fallout%203

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=fallout+3

Sales:X360 1.27 million copies
PS3 700,00 copies

Failure, i think not.This is the most successfull game in the fallout series.

Fox
12-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I didn't play much of the previous Fallout games even though I have them, but #3 wasn't bad at all, imo.

More gamer threads since you're interested.

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2944
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3822
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=27222
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=36713

(I made one over a year ago that I can't seem to find, oh well)

dekagunda
12-18-2008, 01:47 PM
x360 currently playing COD:WaW, Gears 2, NFS: Undercover.

hondarobot
12-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Official Xbox Magazine 100

1UP 100

EuroGamer 100

GamePro 100

G4 TV 100

AceGamez 100

IGN 96

GameTrailers 94

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/fallout3?q=fallout%203

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=fallout+3

Sales:X360 1.27 million copies
PS3 700,00 copies

Failure, i think not.This is the most successfull game in the fallout series.

By that line of reasoning, "Happy Birthday" is the greatest song ever written. It's not. I'll use an old school pen-and-paper RGP analogy to illustrate what I'm saying.

Dungeons and Dragons: pretty much universally considered the pinnacle of RPG games. The reason is because it's pretty easy to play. The rule books never even presented a viable method for calculating the physical damage a character receives from falling. Seriously. They never figured that out.

Aftermath!: a RPG pretty much nobody ever played. The rule books weren't flashy, the covers were stark black and yellow, and the rules were complex, but within those rules you could not only figure out falling damage, but how likely a character is to get an infection off a splinter of wood. That's the nature of a good game, it provides the structure for players to operate independently of what the game creators had in mind. It provides tools as opposed to presenting a road map.

Fallout 3 = D&D

Fallout 1 & 2 = Aftermath!

Another example: www.nma-fallout.com There are people to this day discussing, playing and modding the first two games. Nobody cares about part three, because the people who bought it are done playing it. Twenty level cap, no replay factor. Again, this is what I've read and heard so far. Not worth the money.

LibertyHarkness
12-18-2008, 06:33 PM
I play Eve-online on my PC ... its a little mmorpg in space where basically you can do anything you want.....

It has a player driven econmy and all sorts of stuff .....

err other than that i play my old PS2 at hte moment some old school games at moment..

soul reaver - FF7 - Tenchu - ratchet & clank :)

Justawannabe
12-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Eve? God, I got scared off when a friend of mine who played for years called it an 'asshole academy' due to all the newb killing as the fastest way to make a buck. Is it more fun than reports so far?

No actual game at the moment...

Sean

AmyDaly
12-18-2008, 09:53 PM
I'll Admit it. I play World of Warcraft when I am not doing anything.

ef9hatchman
12-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll Admit it. I play World of Warcraft when I am not doing anything.I dont get that game. Remindsme of morrowwind.
I Action/shooter games for me.:D

Justawannabe
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
WoW is fun with the right crowd. My last guild broke up after a while and haven't found the same kind of group since. Pick ups are as fun, too many folks just grab and go. Get a regular group going and you got a good time.

Sean

Legend
12-18-2008, 11:23 PM
By that line of reasoning, "Happy Birthday" is the greatest song ever written. It's not. I'll use an old school pen-and-paper RGP analogy to illustrate what I'm saying.

Dungeons and Dragons: pretty much universally considered the pinnacle of RPG games. The reason is because it's pretty easy to play. The rule books never even presented a viable method for calculating the physical damage a character receives from falling. Seriously. They never figured that out.

Aftermath!: a RPG pretty much nobody ever played. The rule books weren't flashy, the covers were stark black and yellow, and the rules were complex, but within those rules you could not only figure out falling damage, but how likely a character is to get an infection off a splinter of wood. That's the nature of a good game, it provides the structure for players to operate independently of what the game creators had in mind. It provides tools as opposed to presenting a road map.

Fallout 3 = D&D

Another example: www.nma-fallout.com There are people to this day discussing, playing and modding the first two games. Nobody cares about part three, because the people who bought it are done playing it. Twenty level cap, no replay factor. Again, this is what I've read and heard so far. Not worth the money.

I don't get your logic your saying a game "pretty much nobody ever played" is somehow better then a game that has sold over a million copies and is critically acclaimed.I'm not saying your old game is inferior i'm saying fallout 3 is more successful then any other previous version by sales and scores.The developers would fools to go back to that old style which lack sales like fallout 3.

If no one cared it wouldn't be doing better then the previous versions and the no replay value comment is ridiciolous.fallout 3 is well over 50 hours with multiple endings.You sure have alot to say about it withoout even playing it.That little disgruntled community should give fallout 3 a chance.

werwt22
12-18-2008, 11:38 PM
PS3 CoD 4, Soul Calibur 4, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl on Wii

hondarobot
12-19-2008, 02:46 AM

Fallout 3 = D&D

I don't get your logic your saying a game "pretty much nobody ever played" is somehow better then a game that has sold over a million copies and is critically acclaimed.I'm not saying your old game is inferior i'm saying fallout 3 is more successful then any other previous version by sales and scores.The developers would fools to go back to that old style which lack sales like fallout 3.

If no one cared it wouldn't be doing better then the previous versions and the no replay value comment is ridiciolous.fallout 3 is well over 50 hours with multiple endings.You sure have alot to say about it withoout even playing it.That little disgruntled community should give fallout 3 a chance.

Well, Bethesda shouldn't have presumed to call the game Fallout 3, that's the problem. Van Buren is Fallout 3, it just never got finished. If this game had been called Fallout: Vault Zero (or whatever) I would have no problem with it.

I probably will play the damn thing eventually, but I'm not paying full price for it, strictly on principle.

marissaazts
12-19-2008, 03:09 AM
i used to play wow but all i did was twink bg's
i play warhammer now its fun and ya dont have to bother w/pve stuff ya can just go arround and kill other players to lvl

IrishJim
12-19-2008, 03:17 AM
CoD4 on the PC (people who use gamepads for fps need taken out and shot)

WoW - i'm a geek but there u go :P

ef9hatchman
12-19-2008, 03:20 AM
No one else plays CounterStrike awww you guys blow(jp)
Im a PC whore at times -_-

LibertyHarkness
12-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Sean,

Eve is actually quote good, its just it has a slow learnign curve basically takes about 6 weeks to learn skills to be able to things,

the game is heavy pvp not like the wow crap, (yes i played wow for 2 years as well )....

But you need to get in a corp and learn with them, but its quite good fun at times, though canbe a slow pace game at times and also fast, like your ship goes pop in seconds :)

I am still waiting for them to bring back earth and beyond i loved that game was basically WOW in space with cool graphics..

Eve? God, I got scared off when a friend of mine who played for years called it an 'asshole academy' due to all the newb killing as the fastest way to make a buck. Is it more fun than reports so far?

No actual game at the moment...

Sean

Ryz
12-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I find Eve very boring, actually I hate all mmorpgs. Full of grinding.

Right now I'm playing Left 4 Dead on Pc and
Metal Gear Online.

Nooksack
12-19-2008, 05:06 PM
PC:
World in Conflict
Battlefield 2 (still playing after all these years)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and its sequels

Xbox360:
Madden
Battlefield: Bad Company
COD4

For all of you PC gamers who liked the PvP for WoW, WAR (Warhammer: Age of Reckoning) has plenty of PvP and you can fight entire PvP wars to affect the actual realm you are a part of.

Adultlexicon
12-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Im a Counter Strike whore.<PC
Rarely play my xbox but when I do Whooo wee Im on it.
Forza or Battlefront 2 :D
Thread made For those who play online/Game consoles etc.
From NES to PS3 post what you like :D
i used to play alot of CSS but i stopped playin it more then a year ago
my GF still plays alot of CSS

i prefer my xbox 360, pc gaming is a pain

Justawannabe
12-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Thanks Liberty, maybe I'll give it a go... don't mind a hard start if the later excitement is there.

Sean

nosurrender69
12-20-2008, 04:41 AM

Its a shame that people are so willing to believe a few naysayers who apparently are so hung up on the past they aren't willing to move onwards.

Games have to change and evolve with the times I think people are just hung up on the game engine and they immediately assume it's just like elder scrolls oblivion with guns--This is not true i--- give it a chance-- rent the dang thing for 5 or 6 bucks and THEN if you still don't like it then by all means slam it - The level 20 cap and some minor graffiix hicups aside this game is the best post apocalyptic rpg ever made-

hondarobot
12-20-2008, 05:26 AM

Its a shame that people are so willing to believe a few naysayers who apparently are so hung up on the past they aren't willing to move onwards.

Games have to change and evolve with the times I think people are just hung up on the game engine and they immediately assume it's just like elder scrolls oblivion with guns--This is not true i--- give it a chance-- rent the dang thing for 5 or 6 bucks and THEN if you still don't like it then by all means slam it - The level 20 cap and some minor graffiix hicups aside this game is the best post apocalyptic rpg ever made-

I probably will buy it, when the price drops to $20, and then I'll slam it again. It's not the best post apocalyptic rpg ever, because it's not Fallout 1 or 2, which were improvements on Wasteland, which was still better than this nonsense.

lupinIII
12-22-2008, 07:11 AM
Bought a 360 a few weeks ago, picked up Assassin's Creed and the new Prince of Persia within the space of a few days, I've killed 3 of my 9 targets in A's Creed, I'm really enjoying the routine of it, love the platforming, and social stealth, combat's a bit on the easy side but still hella fun, I hope the quality level holds through the rest of the game, and it doesn't get too repetitive.

I played till one of the first checkpoint-ish bits of PoP on a friend's PC and loved the look and feel of the whole thing so I can't wait to get stuck into that.

werwt22
12-22-2008, 11:52 PM
Anybody played the new CoD? And how you like it compared to 4?

baileyandkc
12-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Wasn't Smoke cool from Fallout 1!

Jeez, I wonder if people ever grab their old Diablo 1 and 2 and play that

Legend
12-26-2008, 06:10 AM
I received some new games for christmas presents today and if anyone wants to play them on live let me know.

Gears of War 2
Saints Row 2
GTA 4
Naruto Rise of a Ninja
NBA 2K9

nosurrender69
12-26-2008, 07:53 AM
There's a new Demo for Lord of the Rings Conquest on PSN--- Im downloading now for my ps3 . Didn't turn on my x360 but I bet gold members can download it too cuase I believe it's on all 3 platforms.. I'll tell you the verdict in about an hour or so----the T1 I'm on takes forever to download but the uploads are sweet-

Remy757Photog
12-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Im on the Xbox 360 playing these games on Live:

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Gear Of War 2

Left 4 Dead

Call Of Duty 4 (not a fan of the WWII games but may grab COD5 soon)

Legend
12-26-2008, 09:59 AM

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Gear Of War 2

Left 4 Dead

What's your gamertag?

nosurrender69
12-26-2008, 10:16 AM
OK downloaded installed and played--- Here is my review--

Preface--- Im reviewing a demo and the PS3 version so it may be diff on 360 etc I am not a PS3 fanboy Ii have all 3 consoles I did the PS3 one beause it was available and i dont have xbox live gold.

Here is the pitch--
"Its Lord of the Rings meets Enemy territory meets Dynasty Warriors"--

OK so its a an action /kinda strategy capture the flag type deal.
and it's classes based ---Warrior archer mage and scout ---Heros like Gimli or Aragon are unlockables. The game gives you 3 main attacks/various combos and depending on classes unique abilities.
and you know I actually thought it was pretty good . Its a straight movie tie in and this could be a major flaw simply because the movies are not fresh in or minds any more.

OK heres the rub- 60 or so guys on the screen and no slow down frame rate stayed very high which was quite impressive-

I am not sure if the 360 version is like this too-
Graffix looked pretty good. levels are a bit bland but character models and animation are tip top-*Unfortunately every single orc in the demo is the same damn character model and that kinda bugged me.

so Heres my tally

Graffix- 8.5 l ooks great made me want to pop the trilogy in the ol dvd
Sound--9.0
Contol--7.0 difficult to learn since they differ from class to class
Fun- 8.5 hard to say if would stay as good throught

Overal impression 8.5 looks promising- at least worth a rental

nosurrender69
12-26-2008, 10:17 AM
PLease note i suck at typing and am too lazy to spell check-

Matty0960
12-26-2008, 06:40 PM
As of right now, im playing Fallout 3, Dead Space, COD: World At War, and Guitar Hero World Tour, all on my X360. If anyone wants to play, I have alot of other online games, my tag is Chewy0960.

Remy757Photog
12-26-2008, 09:57 PM

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Gear Of War 2

Left 4 Dead

What's your gamertag?

RxR Remy

I'm in a clan on GameBattles tho I rarely compete due to my odd hours lol RxR stands for Zombies Of Merk!!!!

kimjongil
01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
My game is America's Army. It's a blast and you can't beat the price (it's free).

bte
01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm playing Resistance 2 on PS3. My gamertag is Kenny216

NYBURBS
01-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I play Eve-online on my PC ... its a little mmorpg in space where basically you can do anything you want.....

It has a player driven econmy and all sorts of stuff .....

err other than that i play my old PS2 at hte moment some old school games at moment..

soul reaver - FF7 - Tenchu - ratchet & clank :)

I know people that love Eve. I heard about some mining grind though and that turned me off. MMOs can be a lot of fun but they are seriously time consuming.

NYBURBS
01-01-2009, 01:22 PM
i used to play wow but all i did was twink bg's
i play warhammer now its fun and ya dont have to bother w/pve stuff ya can just go arround and kill other players to lvl

So I'm guessing you're not the carebear type then lol.

Instrumental
01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I got Midnight Club: Los Angeles a couple days ago and have been playing that quite a bit. It's fun and much improved since their first game in the series.

I'm also playing Dark Space which is just amazing. The atmosphere, ambient sounds, mood, everything is just perfect and comes together so well... which in turn makes it all the more scarier. Man that game scares the hell out of me. Just standing still makes me nervous because you can hear the ship creaking, parts of the ship banging around in the back ground and those damn monsters scurrying around the ventilation shafts.

A few days ago I finished Fallout 3 which had amazingly done environments. Also had creepy parts in it as well.

And then I'm looking forward to Skate 2 which comes out in three weeks and then next month, Street Fighter IV comes out. Really want that also.

Legend
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^i think you mean dead space.

I just downloaded the lord of the rings conquest game and it was really fun playing it online.

ef9hatchman
01-03-2009, 04:31 AM
No work till Monday boss let us off for weekend. Ive been so bored that I got Prince of Persia out and started playing them all(1-3)

dj4monie
01-03-2009, 04:37 AM
I still have a PS2, I'm waiting for the PS3 price drop but more than likely will just pick up a used 60GB or 20GB model since its backward compatible.

On the PC I play GTR2 and Race '07 online, but I don't like having to get the steering wheel out all the time and MIGHT look into the 360 controller since its analog and PC compatible.

On the PS2, I'm playing ToCA Race Driver 3 mostly online to get use to playing with actual "people" and not racing just the AI which on every game takes interesting "lines" into a corner for some reason...

I'm mostly waiting for the official GT5 release on PS3, I didn't get a PS2 until GT4 last time, so there's plenty of games to play anyway. I just finished GTA3 (didn't bother with all the side gigs) about a month or two ago and will borrow Vice City from my friend as I want to play them in order.

ef9hatchman
01-03-2009, 04:39 AM
I still have a PS2, I'm waiting for the PS3 price drop but more than likely will just pick up a used 60GB or 20GB model since its backward compatible.

On the PC I play GTR2 and Race '07 online, but I don't like having to get the steering wheel out all the time and MIGHT look into the 360 controller since its analog and PC compatible.

On the PS2, I'm playing ToCA Race Driver 3 mostly online to get use to playing with actual "people" and not racing just the AI which on every game takes interesting "lines" into a corner for some reason...

I'm mostly waiting for the official GT5 release on PS3, I didn't get a PS2 until GT4 last time, so there's plenty of games to play anyway. I just finished GTA3 (didn't bother with all the side gigs) about a month or two ago and will borrow Vice City from my friend as I want to play them in order.Ps3 drop should occur late 2010
also to add on any military base its tax free and 160gb is now at 400 on base only. 80gb is 300
Bro in law told me today :D

Instrumental
01-03-2009, 11:12 AM
^^^^^^^^^^i think you mean dead space.

I just downloaded the lord of the rings conquest game and it was really fun playing it online.

It's like a one in three chance that I get it right. I either call it Deep Space, Dark Space or Dead Space. Pretty bad that I can't get the name right of a game I really enjoy >_<!

soldierboy
01-03-2009, 01:49 PM
if you want a real challenge, hit up call of duty 4 or 5 world at war....i'm red daggers on xbox live if you guys or gals want to play

gimmeurblood
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
tht call of duty world at war was awesome. im currently trying to play through far cry 2, but ive been stuck playing scarface on ps2 the last couple days