PDA

View Full Version : Things I would like to know about LA

tsmandy
12-17-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm planning to visit Los Angeles around the first week of January, and I thought this time I would get some advice before I hit town.

Specifically, I want advice on restaurants, yoga studios, and hiking trails.

Does anyone have recommendations for good vegetarian food? I used to love Happy family (chinese Vegetarian), and I've enjoyed Real Food Daily. I also used to eat at Luna del Sol (not sure if they are still around, near Macarthur park) I also love Ethiopean (is it fairfax that all the good Ethiopean is on?), Indian, Laotian, Thai....

I will also be looking for a good trans friendly yoga studio, preferably near Silverlake.

And then I'll probably want to go on a hike while I'm in town, where do people recommend? Griffith Park? Angeles Crest? All the way out to Joshua tree?

thanks for any advice...I'm hoping that this time I'll enjoy myself when I visit LA.

ef9hatchman
12-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm planning to visit Los Angeles around the first week of January, and I thought this time I would get some advice before I hit town.

Does anyone have recommendations for good vegetarian food? I used to love Happy family (chinese Vegetarian), and I've enjoyed Real Food Daily. I also used to eat at Luna del Sol (not sure if they are still around, near Macarthur park) I also love Ethiopean (is it fairfax that all the good Ethiopean is on?), Indian, Laotian, Thai....

I will also be looking for a good trans friendly yoga studio, preferably near Silverlake.

And then I'll probably want to go on a hike while I'm in town, where do people recommend? Griffith Park? Angeles Crest? All the way out to Joshua tree?

thanks for any advice...I'm hoping that this time I'll enjoy myself when I visit LA.
Awww miss mandy ,
on 1/3 of that u lucked out.
Its Finally starting to rain. Most Hiking trails all sludgey.Next week I believe Mon-Wens Rainy also.

There this Japanese Rest. I like to go to Called Ajinsen Ramen (626) 281-8388 - 227 W Valley Blvd, San Gabriel, CA :D
Off the 10 fwy.

AmyDaly
12-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Oh, I have a perfect studio in silverlake: www.studioadance.com

I'm looking to move to silverlake, so I went there for a couple months while I was scoping out the area and loved the studio. I didn't do Yoga, but the guy who owns the place is a really nice guy.

And if you are going to be around Silverlake, it won't be hard to find some vegitarian restraunts. Its hipster central around there, so it won't be hard at all.

rico87
12-18-2008, 04:33 AM

Funny I have to go to Portland 1st week of Jan and was gonna start a thread, never been there, coming from Miami and besides freezing my ass off any recommendations. Bars, Restaurants, go to Trail Blazer game, Tgirl scene etc. ?

Thanks

tsmandy
12-18-2008, 07:30 AM
I don't think there is much of a scene here in Portland although I've heard sometimes there are TS at Embers (a gay club).

ef9hatchman
12-18-2008, 08:30 AM
I don't think there is much of a scene here in Portland although I've heard sometimes there are TS at Embers (a gay club).
theres a view and PHO like no other I hear.

the_corner
12-18-2008, 08:32 AM

http://www.modernhiker.com/2007/08/16/hiking-runyon-canyon/

justatransgirl
12-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey Mandy - congrats on your AVN nomination!

Regarding restrauants in LA. There's a Afghan place on Santa Monic Blvd across the street from the Abby in West Hollywood - a couple of blocks east of Rodeo Drive in Bev. Hills. I forget the name of it, but there's a whole row of restrauants. I've eaten there several times and enjoy it.

As for hiking, for you - you have to check out the Venice Beach boardwalk without question! Alternate is Griffith Park -but don't bend over...

PS - ask LADog - you know where, about his suggestions.

Have fun,
TS Jamie :-)