PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
12-16-2008, 11:58 AM
not as easy to set up as Secondlife but speed & graphics wise it's a pleasure....

everyone starts out with a place to live unlike SL.....

the stores are easy to find, and you see other people but unless you interact with them they're transparent

cool little game, doesnt even come close to Secondlife but I'll give it 6 months.........ya never know

Fox
12-16-2008, 01:23 PM
From what I'm hearing about it, it's a mess.

- The characters are detailed, but look lifeless.
- It's been up for a year and a half, and only have very limited clothing options, so everyone looks the same.
- Things like bowling, arcades, etc are not instanced so you actually have to wait for someone to finish before you can play...
- The mall apparently sucks and the clothing store has (again) very few clothing options.
- Extra apartments/clothes/accessories are handled through microtransactions (no surprise there)

I don't have a PS3, but that's what I'm hearing about home. It sounds like a glorified chat room which sucks because Sony has a lot of untapped potential. At least I hear they're making trophies mandatory next year.

Ryz
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Can you even call Home a game?
Also I still thought it was in beta.

timuss
12-16-2008, 06:05 PM
its still a beta at the moment an open beta, with more stuf to be added in the monts to come.

Solitary Brother
12-16-2008, 06:20 PM
- Things like bowling, arcades, etc are not instanced so you actually have to wait for someone to finish before you can play..

You said "instanced"....are you a programmer?
That is "C++" dialect.

bte
12-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Home is an open beta, so it's not going to have everything all at once. It's amusing, but I imagine the finished product will be awesome.

Fox
12-17-2008, 02:19 PM
- Things like bowling, arcades, etc are not instanced so you actually have to wait for someone to finish before you can play..

You said "instanced"....are you a programmer?
That is "C++" dialect.

Nah, but I have had some interest in trying my hand at programming. Instance is a fairly common term in the MMO scene, particularly World of Warcraft. :wink:

werwt22
12-18-2008, 12:09 AM
LOL Im a WoW player and former programmer. PS Home SUX. Its potential is so great though. I think right now theyre more concerned about optimizing PS Home than adding content.

Ryz
12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
Im a WoW player
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s234/Linkytmnd/mayfacepalm.jpg