PDA

View Full Version : America's next transgender model

MELIKEYBONECAS
12-15-2008, 10:51 PM
:D It has been a triumphant month for the transgender community -- at least when it comes to representation on popular reality TV shows. First, Laverne Cox, a transgender woman, made the cut on VH1's "I Want to Work for Diddy," which premiered at the start of the month. Then it was revealed Wednesday that the next cycle of "America's Next Top Model" will, for the first time ever, feature a transgender contestant. Isis, the sassy lady pictured at right, describes herself as "a woman born physically male." The 22-year-old nonprofit worker simply says: "My cards were dealt differently."
:D A GREAT EXAMPLE OF HOW ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL
GIRLS CAN BE SUCCESSFUL & LIVE NORMAL LIFES , LIKE
"GG" WOMEN !
IT WOULD BE THE COOLEST THING EVER IF SHE
ACTUALLY WON & BECAME AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL !
I HAVE MEET ALOT OF T-GIRLS WHO HAVE A TON OF POTENTIAL!
HERE'S TO SEEING MORE T-GIRLS REPRESENTING !!
MELIKEYBONECAS ! :wink:

tsntx
12-15-2008, 11:10 PM
um.... ? uh... hate to break it to you but this girls arent new and the shows they were on are already over

americas next top nothing

needsum
12-15-2008, 11:21 PM
um.... ? uh... hate to break it to you but this girls arent new and the shows they were on are already over

Maybe the country he's writing from just started airing that cycle. And maybe they're still wearing leg warmers and wigwams . . .

tsntx
12-15-2008, 11:26 PM

Maybe the country he's writing from just started airing that cycle. And maybe they're still wearing leg warmers and wigwams . . .

lol oh ok ill play along

that tranny wins

MELIKEYBONECAS
12-16-2008, 01:02 AM

:cry: WHY U SO HATEFUL .
SO THEY'RE ALREADY OVER .
IT'S A POSITIVE THING FOR THE COMMUNITY.
UNLIKE YOUR HATEFUL COMMENTS !
PEACE OUT !

rikdik
12-22-2008, 09:17 AM
FUGLY!

that is one boney ass, anorexic, flat chest UGLY fag boy ... in a skirt!!!
back to the streets skank!

JERRY JERRY JERRY !!!!!!!!

Alyssa87
12-22-2008, 09:21 AM
She goes to Hampton University.
i'd like to meet her and maybe hang out when i go down for the inauguration.

alpha2117
12-22-2008, 09:41 AM
I still think it was a big thing to actually have a tg contestant. Sure some would say it was for publicity but that doesn't gel given they have a drag queen on the judging panel. European countries, Australia and other countries have had tg's on televison in various capacities but the US is a very conservative country at heart and anything to break down the barriers is worth it.

flabbybody
12-22-2008, 03:32 PM
there's still way too many Springer like shows depicting transgirls as freaks. and their boyfriend/lovers come off looking even worse. then her mom comes on always referring to her as "he" and "him".
then everyone starts fighting. very predictable. there must be people watching who think that's an accurate depiction

tsntx
12-22-2008, 06:44 PM
there's still way too many Springer like shows depicting transgirls as freaks. and their boyfriend/lovers come off looking even worse. then her mom comes on always referring to her as "he" and "him".
then everyone starts fighting. very predictable. there must be people watching who think that's an accurate depiction

sadly that would be the shows own PRODUCERS that want those things to continue.....

when we were filming the documentary on my life/transition for DHC, the producers would constantly try to get my mom to refer to me POST surg as "clint" or "he/him/his" and they also asked her several times to cry at the question "do you feel you lost your child?" or something like that..... tyra asked isis's mom the SAME question and she played into it.... my mom stood by me and didnt sell me out in that way... she refused to say anything she didnt believe to be true... my mom said she didnt lose a child she gained a happier child.