PDA

View Full Version : Some facts about Kanye West

NickTheQuick
09-04-2005, 11:02 PM

soul4real
09-05-2005, 12:12 AM
t a real hip hop fan. For one Lupe song came out after Kanye's it was just a freestyle shit aint a year old. 2 Kanye's song wasn't about diamonds it was about Roc a fella records. He had the serriea Leone part in just to make ppl aware. In the remix he addresses all of that. And he has Lupe on his album. Hypocritical for him to still wear diamonds maybe but his intent wasn’t to sway ppl from wearing them like peta does with meat eaters. Just the simple fact that someone like you is even giving seria Leone any thought makes the song a success.

NickTheQuick
09-05-2005, 12:52 AM

soul4real
09-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Thats cool either way I still praise Kanye for his effort. One of my best friends is from Sierra Leone so I was really familiar with the situation as well as the civil war for sometime now. But the thing is just as someone would be quick to say Kanye is a hypocrite for still wearing dimonds my friend still does. And as sad as it is the dimoand trade is one of the very few jobs there are out there.

brickcitybrother
09-05-2005, 03:19 PM
And to think I thought you were making a different reference with your name ... NickTheQuick. Oh well, be that as it may, I am totally lost as to your need to attack and denegrade Kanye West.

You don't like what he said - fine.
You think he should'nt have said it - fine.
You think that he doesn't have a moral leg to stand on - to make such remarks - fine and fine again.

These are debatable points.

But for you to go on and on, severly diminishes any credibility your might have possessed. As to the subject of Mr. West's remarks ... or indeed, their obeject - I have seen your other posts I do believe that you miss both points sorely!

The the absolute crisis left by Katrina is shedding an unwelcomed light on the government. I doubt you believe that the plight depicted everynight on the news - was caused by Mr. West.

~Brickcitybrother~

"Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."

NickTheQuick
09-05-2005, 06:32 PM

mixedprettyboy
09-06-2005, 10:01 PM
Why are ya'll talking about Kanye on a TS message board?

The mods should create a separate section for OT topics.

NickTheQuick
09-06-2005, 10:19 PM

mixedprettyboy
09-06-2005, 10:31 PM
What exactly does "OT" stand for? Off Topic?

Yeah.