PDA

View Full Version : How painful is facial laser?

Urian
12-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I need to know. :(

Tika
12-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Take a big rubber band like they use for packing crates and get a washer about the size of quarter. Hook it on then stretch out the rubber band as far as you can, release it and hit yorself in the face with the washer.

Then do it a few hundred more times.

Yes, it hurts like a son of a bitch.

Richctdude
12-14-2008, 05:50 PM
i hear it hurts

marissaazts
12-14-2008, 05:56 PM
its only horrible
the oh i'll turn up the cooling stream is HORSESHIT

oh by the way the underarms hurt also and chest and bikini all hurt

voy4her
12-14-2008, 08:13 PM
sounds like a good time. We appreciate that you go thru this stuff for us, and also that we dont have to.

tsntx
12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
be a man and take it

all the pretty girls have ;)

it hurts but you get used to -kinda-

underarms was nothing - takes 30 secs -

chin/ corners of mouth/ sideburns/ top of lip/ center of chest/ and happy trail/ bikini area were the most painful for me

but to never have to shave again and to not grow hair is totally worth it

everything worth having comes at a price. if it was easy then it wouldnt be worth anything

Urian
12-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I heard that with anesthesical cream you can reduce the pain but even with this type of cream the laser becomes very painful.

marissaazts
12-14-2008, 10:09 PM
omg u just reminded me of the lip/mouth area
bad jen i had put that pain out of my mind bad jen

my underarms hurt like hell honestly not like the mouth area but still ....... but then im a big crybaby anyhow

Alyssa87
12-15-2008, 12:41 AM
its more of a shock than pain.
it doesnt linger. it hurts for as long as it lasts- a split second.

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
12-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh my, yea, Jen, the mouth, OMG. Yes, I will admit it, I was in tears.

Alyssa87
12-15-2008, 12:51 AM
hmmm. i guess i have a higher tolerance for pain than you bitchez :p

WendyWilliams
12-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Yes the top of mouth was stupid pain LOL

Last time I went in for a "touch up", my friend pulled out his cell phone and thought it was funny to watch me in pain.

tsntx
12-15-2008, 01:24 AM
yeah my mom went with me on my 3rd visit and was holding my hand...while the producer for the DHC watched and she said "it doesnt look like it would hurt as much as you say" so i had the lady do her armpits.... she goes "ow im sorry" after the first and ONLY shot

tsntx
12-15-2008, 01:25 AM
also theres no pain when it doesnt work or the hair in that area are already all gone... so i look at it like if it hurts its working... and that always made me feel better

tsmandy
12-15-2008, 01:39 AM
Has anybody had both laser and electro? I've had a bunch of electrolysis, and I'm thinking about switching over to laser. Any comparisons in terms of pain, cost, time?

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
12-15-2008, 01:52 AM
Yea, I did both, Mandy. Electro was a total waste of time for me, but was about 1/2 the cost - and 1/4 as effective.

Go with Laser all the way!!!

BrendaQG
12-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Hurts at your first treatment, then gets easier as you have less hair to treat. Less hair to absorb the laser heat, means less heat that you feel. (

Watch out though if you have darker skin like mine. You can experience skin discoloration that may take a while to wear off. I would say it's worth it though.

BrendaQG
12-15-2008, 02:13 AM
To the two ladies above what ALYSINCLAIRxxx says does not surprise me. From your pictures you both have dark hair and very white skin. You should be very responsive with the least risk of skin damage. The laser is tuned to resonate with the molecules that give your hair it's color and heat them up. Thus killing the hair folicle.

To get an idea of the background see hairfacts.com. The person behind it is old school and comes down hard on laser but they explain the basic principle very well.

Another phenomena to be on the look out for is that instead of "killing" the hair the laser could simply "reduce" the hair. Literally make the hair so small that it cannot be seen, like the finest hair on your body. Or cause the hair to grow much more slowly than it did before.

I will admit those things did happen to some of my chin and lip hair. An electrologist I saw told me the damage done to get rid of them could be worse than just leaving them in place. "No one notices unless you point them out".

But you girls who are really white and have really dark hair. Go for it. You should have fantastic results.

ALYSINCLAIRxxx
12-15-2008, 02:20 AM
Yes, exactly, you are right on Brenda. : )