PDA

View Full Version : Hormones and Hairloss

boogeyman2
12-10-2008, 02:29 AM
Ok this may be the stupidest question ever posted on this forum but as a guy who's hair is starting to recede, Im wondering if any of the ladies here who have taken hormones ever experience hair loss?

Since most male pattern baldness is mainly due to excess DHT (testosterone).

SarahG
12-10-2008, 02:40 AM
If T is what is causing your hairloss (other things can cause hairloss), HRT would stop it from getting worse, but it will not do much at all for reversing it.

That's why typical FFS involves reshaping & repositioning the hairline. But if the hairloss is too severe, you'll have to pretty much use wigs for life.

As to going on hrt to prevent hairloss, unless you're trans, I don't advise it.

boogeyman2
12-10-2008, 02:51 AM
If T is what is causing your hairloss (other things can cause hairloss), HRT would stop it from getting worse, but it will not do much at all for reversing it.

That's why typical FFS involves reshaping & repositioning the hairline. But if the hairloss is too severe, you'll have to pretty much use wigs for life.

As to going on hrt to prevent hairloss, unless you're trans, I don't advise it.

No no, I'd never take hormones to reverse baldness. I am just curious if the ladies here on hormones experience thinning etc like men might. I was reading that in the olen days they connected testosterone to hairloss as eunuchs never lost their hair.

AmyDaly
12-10-2008, 04:14 AM
HRT should stop any normal male hairloss in transwomen. If anything, they would be subject to female pattern hairloss.

I would imagine, there would be cases where it didn't help to stop it, but it should stop hairloss.