PDA

View Full Version : Are you a Pilot?

justatransgirl
12-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm starting flight school in January for my Private Pilots license and I was just wondering if anyone here on HA is a pilot?

I need to answer the all important question... is it possible to join the Mile High club in a Cessna without crashing?

Giggles,
TS Jamie :-)

ccg218
12-06-2008, 02:26 PM
yeah, but i wouldnt get too into it if i were you...i have flewn 182's and lets just say you dont want to move around much!!!

Castor_Troy05
12-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Aint much room in most cessna's to even make a solo bid for the mile high club. I've taken a couple of lessons but do plan to go for the full license sometime in the near future.

Good luck

envivision
12-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Mile High club?

isn't that what john john was doing with this wife and sister in law, before they crashed?

that's why i am against it.

CaptBilly
12-06-2008, 06:14 PM
No way to join the mile high club in a 182 or 172 thats for sure.

I've been flying since I was 15 and even back then I had no room to even fly never mind messin around

melissacarter
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Mile High club?

isn't that what john john was doing with this wife and sister in law, before they crashed?

that's why i am against it.

no, they crashed because he was stupid.

the_corner
12-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I'm starting flight school in January for my Private Pilots license and I was just wondering if anyone here on HA is a pilot?

Ohh I envy you so much right now!

CaptBilly
12-07-2008, 02:54 AM
justatransgirl, where will you be flying?

justatransgirl
12-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey thanks you all for responding to my thread.

The Mile High club thing was really just a joke. I guess "working" my way through flight school isn't going to be realistic... LOL

Though you are right braveman, it isn't funny to talk about crashing.

Actually I've flown a friends Cessna 172 a couple of times. In fact I've flown down the canyon between Mammoth and the Mineretts where Burt Rutan crashed last year. And while it's a spectacular place to be in a light aircraft, conditions can be difficult. We were going up and down 100 feet at a time in the turbulance. And my friend was telling me about all the stuff that could go wrong if you didn't maintain altitude there.

Which is just one more reason I'd rather be the driver... :-)

PS - CaptBilly - Can I be "Capt" Jamie after I get my license?

LOL,
TS Jamie :-)

icepilotak
12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Oral sex only in the air with lots of altitude, severe clear, and straight and level flight.

But have had sex in the back of my floatplane on the water. The lake was about a mile high in elevation, does that count?

Agincourt
12-08-2008, 10:40 AM
If you really need help, I'll try and assist you. I've had my vfr and ifr for some time. But no jokes please.

themaster
12-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I so wanted to learn to fly since I was in High School. I still want to learn to fly. I will one day. Good luck justatransgirl

CaptBilly
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
You can be capt Jamie once you get your wings. But the Capt in my name refers to my rank in the Air Force.

And I encourage everyone to at least take an intro flight with an instructor, its such a great experience.