PDA

View Full Version : Does the Holiday season depress you ?

rico87
12-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Unreal another year gone by so quick. I hate being single especially during the holidays its such an empty feeling. No significant other no family. XMAS shopping, New Years Eve :cry: Stress help !

How do most pull thru this time of the year ?

EyeCumInPiece
12-03-2008, 08:50 AM
I fuckin hate it. This year im particularly pissed cuz im low on funds and cant splurge on the family like i usually do.

ottorocket
12-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Give yourself to the less fortunate...give your time to any number of organizations that could help others. It WILL make you feel better. There is no reason why this time of year has to be about spending money and getting material objects to feel better when its all about giving to others. We have all year to give to ourselves, there are many who go all year hungry or without a visit (elderly)...or children with terminal disease who need a big brother.

ottorocket
12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I fuckin hate it. This year im particularly pissed cuz im low on funds and cant splurge on the family like i usually do.

Do what i do for family...i cook them a good meal...drink wine and tell them I love them.

slinky
12-03-2008, 12:52 PM
It didn't used to, but I lost about 13 friends and family in the last 2 years, so it certainly is this time around.

ted naves
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
ONLY FINANCIALLY !

luvem
12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
This helps to put things into perspective - the Advent conspiracy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU[/url]

Richctdude
12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
no i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justawannabe
12-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Been pretty grim for me for a few years. A lot of medical stuff for friends and haven't been in a real relationship for a while.

I haven't done the volunteer thing for a while but it is a good idea and it does help. Gives a reason to talk with and interact with folks.

Doesn't help late at night though...

I found finding music that makes me feel better and just overplaying it all the time has helped get me through the holidays before. That and changing the aroma in the house surprisingly helped... food scented candles turned out to be useful... who knew.

Sean

luv2playwithTgirls
12-03-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm not looking forward to this year's season. This'll be the my first christmas since my mom passed away, thanksgiving was barely enjoyable and I can only imagine that xmas will be worse.

DL_NL
12-04-2008, 12:58 AM
No money but at least I have the great company of my family. It will be a pretty relaxing month all in all.